Modern Action/Suspense Something Vaguely Lovecraftian
This is my first solo effort which has gone anywhere beyond initial fumblings. Smile It's vaguely Lovecraftian, set in some as yet unspecified time, though I'm leaning towards the early 20th century. Forgive any anachronisms or weird deviations from reality.
Not sure where I'll go from here, but the cliffhanger is good, I suppose…

I am Detective Joe Malone, investigating the murder of Cyrus Vance, a local playboy. I'm in his house, looking over the body. Are their signs of a struggle?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes, but...

There is curiously little blood, just overturned furniture and so on. IS there anybody else in the house at the moment?

(50/50) Yes.

Ah, the butler. What does he have to say about how Mr. Vance spent his last night?

Dominate / Possessions.

He spent it in a curious state, carefully cataloging everything he owned, which was a considerable amount. Did he have anybody with him?

(Somewhat Unlikely) No.

Vance is lying in his study amidst toppled tables and chairs and so on. Is there anything which looks out of place?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes, but... +Event: Ruin / Information

There are torn papers everywhere, covered with cryptic formulae. I can make nothing of them right now, though I take them in as evidence for the lab to analyze. Can the butler shed any light on them?

(Somewhat Unlikely) Yes, but...

He is frightened of them when I show them to him. I can get nothing immediately useful from him. Frustrated for now, I decide to go back to the station. Is the case in the papers?

(Very Likely) Yes.

When I arrive, a copy of the Gazette Times is on my desk, with a splashy banner headline. "Vance Found Dead in Chaotic Mess." DO I know any reporters who might have contributed to the story?

(Very Likely) Yes.

What's my relationship to them like?

Activity / Emotions.

They trail me like bloodhounds. It's most annoying. Fortunately, getting in touch with them isn't hard at all. One, a Mr. Jimmy Dawson, is actually at the station this morning. Am I able to convince him to leave the situation alone for a while and let me work?

(Very Unlikely) Yes.

Shockingly, I can. I have to show him my pistol, but he promises to leave me be for a while. Whether he actually will, I can't say. Speaking of the pistol, am I a war veteran?

(Likely) No.

Ah, interesting. I must have acquired skill with the weapon somewhere else, or do I actually have any?

(50/50) Yes.

Something to figure out later. Is the document analysis able to tell me anything?

(Somewhat Unlikely) No.

The documents are too badly shredded to be reconstructed. Discouraged, I return to the house and begin a more careful search. DO I notice Jimmy following me?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes.

I can't bring myself to threaten him again, however. It probably won't do any good. I just accept his annoying presence and move on. Do I make it to the house without further incident?

(50/50) No.

What happens along the way?

Disrupt / Weather.

A storm is brewing and I have to pull over. I'm not normally a bad driver, but this isn't typical New England winter—it's thunder and lightning, which is odd. When I pull over, am I isolated?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes, and...

Not only am I isolated, but the car skids as I try to bring it to a stop. It smashes against a tree.

Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Dent.
Nice use of the tool. I enjoy the detective perspective (heh, cool rhyme). It's actually similar in style to my story Marco and the Elegant Monkeys which is maybe why I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing.
Wow, that is an excellent start. The beginning was so creepily Lovecraftian I found myself grinning whilst bouncing up and down in my chair.

If you want to kickstart the game's plot again, I suggest artifically generating a plot twist at the beginning of your next session by clicking C.Q. or C.D. Or the MAG.
It is unbecoming for young men to utter maxims.
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)
Well, I played a few more moves today, and established that even though the car was barely scratched, he himself was somehow critically injured. He was out for eight weeks, and the case was reassigned and marked as unsolvable. Fortunately, he has been put back on light duty, and has some time to investigate on his own… Thanks for the suggestion about complex questions, I'll have to try that soon. MAG is, sadly, not accessible to the totally blind.