Restless Leg Syndrome Bar Soap
Post Reply 
The adventures of Leo in Tales of blades and heroes
04-30-2013, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 05:07 PM by smw.)
Post: #1
The adventures of Leo in Tales of blades and heroes
The first adventure of Leo the hapless wonderer. Using the Tales of Blades and Heroes RPG system by Ganesha Games. (This is my first attempt having only acquired the rules today so please bare that in mind as I doubt I will push the system to the fullest extent just yet!)

Leo 51pts
Physical Quality 4+
Mental Quality 4+
Social Quality 4+

Combat 2

Hero Points 1

Specials
Curious 0pts
Open minded 0Pts
Axe Level 2 12pts
Bow Level 2 10pts
Light armour 5pts
Knife level 1 2pts
Spear level 2 6pts
Sword level 2 10pts
Streetwise level 2 6pts

Equipment
Light hide armour
Knife
Axe
Silver 30 pieces

Leo had enough of farming and one day just up and left taking all he owned (which wasn't much by anyone's standard)he had always wanted to be one of those adventurers finding all the loot and saving the pretty women from certain death in return for passionate gratitude. Shaking himself from his thoughts Leo set off across the field, "I always wondered what was over this next hill" he thought to himself.

Silent pit.

"Hmm well that is disappointing" he said aloud "nothing but a damn pit" (is there anyone else at the pit?)

(50/50) Yes.

Sympathetic desperate citizen.

"Help me, oh won't someone help me my... has fallen in this pit and I need some one to help me retrieve them"

Egomaniacal female Halfling rebel.

"Oy are you gonna help me then or what?" comes a tinny voice from within the pit.

Leo seeing this as a good start to his adventuring, "I'll help you miss" he calls down, "miss i'm no miss you bloody fool I be Lady Ethel leader of the Halfling bloody rag rebellion now get me out of here before I really lose my temper!" (Leo looks around for something useful?)

Mask.

"Some sort of bandana you know like bandits wear over their face" proclaims Leo "not yours is it?" he asks the desperate citizen whose name he hasn't yet got, "who me?" he squeaks I'm just a lowly scribe, Adler is my name". "Well Adler any thoughts on how we can rescue yon fair maiden?" asks Leo in his best impression of how a hero should sound, Ethel pipes up "Are you bloody senile! go and find a rope or ladder to help me out of here!, fair maiden I'll give him fair..." luckily the rest of her comments pass Leo by as he quickly steps away to look for a suitable aid.

Worn-out boots.

"Not sure these laces will be long enough but you never know when a new pair of boots will be just the thing" he keeps looking

Staff.

A stout branch felled by some storm catches Leo's eye, can he pick it up by himself?

(Likely) No.

Calling Adler over Leo attempts to get him to help. (Persuade needing one success using two actions)

4 = 1[d6]+3[d6]

Failure! is Adler unable to help?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes.

Leo quickly realises that Adler is too frail to help move the branch. Can he cut it shorter?

(Very Likely) Yes.

Will it still be useful?

(Likely) Yes, and...

With a quick chop of his axe Leo shortens the branch enough to free it and carries it back to the pit, passing it down it should allow someone small to climb up it. Can Ethel make the climb?

(Likely) Yes.

Reaching a hand out Leo attempts to help Ethel over the lip of the pit, "my lady happy I cou..." "oof" as Ethel took his hand she swung her stumpy leg up and hit him right between the legs, "that's for calling me names! fair lady indeed" huffing she turns and starts to stomp away from the pit with Adler in tow. Does Leo recover before they disappear?

(Physical test 2 successes needed using three actions)

8 = 4[d6]+2[d6]+2[d6]

Failure again! "little witch" thought Leo as he lay curled in a ball, as he recovered his wounded pride he got slowly back to his feet, and not even a note of thanks for his hard work! This adventuring lark was proving less straight forward than he hoped still one bad experience never put him off anything so gathering his wits he set off into the forest.

Cold ship.

That's funny he thought I didn't know there was a lake so close. Spying a small row boat through the morning mist Leo made his way over to it. Is he alone?

(50/50) No, but...

Sympathetic rebel.

"Damn" cursed Leo its that bloody witch Ethel if I'm not mistaken! he was about to shuffle off in the other direction when Ethel turned and beckoned him over. "you, yes you come on I don't have all day to sit around, look I realise I may owe you some thanks for aiding me back there, so here take some silver."

10 = 10[d10]

Ethel drops a small leather purse containing 10 silvers into Leo's hand, as she stands up from the tree stump she was sat on she pushes his jaw shut with one hand "if you were a little shorter..." as she walks past him, "err thanks?" calls Leo then thinking about her parting comment decides he would rather go the other way, seems the damsels passions are not always as desirable as he thought then again.. shaking his head he looks into the boat. (Is it serviceable?)

(Likely) Yes, and...

It also has two oars in good condition, stepping into the boat Leo pushes it out into the lake. (Can Leo row well?) each success rolled adds to his ability! Leo rolls three dice

11 = 4[d6]+5[d6]+2[d6]

Two successes, Leo makes reasonable time crossing the lake and quickly finds his rhythm does he learn a skill in rowing?

(Likely) Yes.

Cool in future should the need arise he might make a good galley slave! Does he reach the other side with out incident?

(Somewhat Likely) No.

Illusion.

Through the mist Leo thinks he can see something "Is that a?"

Death knight.

"Ghost of a knight coming towards me?" "its flaming hovering!" in a near panic Leo throws himself into the oars, does he get to the other side before it closes with him?

(Likely) Yes.

Jumping out of the boat Leo almost cuts himself he draws his Axe so fast, "stay back you, you hear.." he calls whilst waving his arms around in a vaguely menacing fashion, does the ghost keep coming?

(50/50) Yes.

Can it harm him?

(Somewhat Unlikely) No. +Twist: NPC / Appears

Beautiful female agent of the crown.

Just as Leo is torn between fleeing for his life and cowering in abject terror a light musical voice calls out and suddenly all is right with the world, turning Leo sees a beautiful woman emerge from the trees, now that's the sort of passionate looking damsel I had in mind he thinks! snapping out of it he recalls the ghost and spins round so fast he has to take a test!

6 = 6[d6]

pass! spinning back once he realises the ghostly image has gone, he finds the woman has approached almost to within touching distance of him. Completely flummoxed Leo attempts a half bow which he feels must have looked atrocious if how he feels is anything to go by! "Milady how can I be of service?" he croaks. "I am looking for someone to undertake a dangerous quest on behalf of the crown and I wonder if you might be the one?", pulling himself together Leo puffs his chest out, "I should imagine I can be of service, err what's the trouble?"

Smuggle slaves from the unrecognizable distillery.

"There are some slaves being held at a nearby hidden distillery and I need your help freeing them from the smugglers, of course you will be handsomely rewarded say for each slave freed the sum of ... silvers?"

6 = 6[d10]

"How many slaves exactly are we talking about and how many smugglers?" asks Leo regaining some of his composure at the thought of some silver.

12 = 12[d20]

12 slaves and

14 = 14[d20]

at most 14 smugglers however if we hurry currently most are out with their leader, there should be no more than

4 = 4[d7]

Leo had been looking nervous but four well now four is not so many why that travelling mercenary was always killing more than that in every story he told when he stopped by the farm when Leo was but a lad. Swelling with confidence Leo asks "so six per slave and 10 for each guard killed?" The look of annoyance that crosses the ladies face almost had Leo apologising but before he could speak (persuasion test opposed) Lady rolls three dice

10 = 4[d6]+4[d6]+2[d6]

Scoring two success, Leo needs to at least equal it,

15 = 6[d6]+3[d6]+6[d6]

Leo chooses to explode both of the 6's rolled, the three is a failure.

21 = 6[d6]+5[d6]+4[d6]+6[d6]

four successes no need to keep going! Considering her answer "look if you get at least ten of the twelve slaves free I will pay you a bonus of 4 silvers per slave so total of 10 per rescued, agreed?" "yes, so which way is this distillery?" asks Leo. Does Leo reach the edge of the woods over looking the smugglers base without issue? (He is guided this far)

(Very Likely) Yes, and...

He gets a clear view of the three out buildings and a open space, however the forest has been allowed to almost creep back to one of the buildings, can Leo see anyone?

(50/50) No.

They all must be in one of the buildings, Leo creeps through the trees towards the building nearest the edge, his employer has disappeared when he looks back at the trees. shaking his head at the odd people you meet out and about he gets his mind back on the quest. reaching the outbuilding is there any windows?

(50/50) No. +Twist: Physical event / Hinders the hero

No windows and the door appears to be locked, can he attempt to pick it?

(Somewhat Unlikely) Yes.

I judge he needs three successes as he is not skilled in lock picking but it is a old and simple lock designed more to keep things in than people out.

8 = 2[d6]+3[d6]+3[d6]

Damn his luck is rubbish! not only does he fail to pick the lock but his fumbling is interrupted when the door of the next building opens and a smuggler emerges. Does he react first?

(Somewhat Likely) No, but...

The smuggler is so surprised he loses one action to standing and staring, he then decides to close with Leo and draw a sword, he is Q5+ needing two actions,

3 = 1[d6]+2[d6]

Barely out of the door he stops and looks down to see why his sword is stuck, Leo attempts to throw his knife and then draw and charge with his axe, having no skill in throwing a knife but being level two in use of a knife in general I judge he needs three successes to hit with it.

10 = 6[d6]+1[d6]+3[d6]

exploding the 6

9 = 6[d6]+3[d6]

and again..

7 = 5[d6]+2[d6]

failure the knife hits him handle first in the chest and causes little more than a "oof" from the guard. Attempting the rest of his actions..

11 = 6[d6]+5[d6]

Leo springs up and at the guard drawing his sword a swinging it at the ill prepared guard (C1) Guards roll?

1 = 1[d6]

Leo roll

2 = 2[d6]

score of 4 to 2 doubled a serious wound on the guard!

8 = 5[d6]+3[d6]

The Guard is taken out the sword cutting half way into his neck, does his death alert any other guards?

(50/50) Yes, but...

they have not appreciated the problem, rather hearing a odd noise one of them calls out "you at the drink again Fitch?" is the voice coming from within the same building with the open door?

(Very Likely) Yes.

Is it a big building?

(50/50) Yes.

Judging it likely most of the people are within this building Leo edges through the door, first he loots the corpse of fitch,

3 = 3[d6]

Grappling hook.

Urn.

Short sword.

Taking the short sword and the grappling hook Leo leaves the urn.

Can Leo see anyone?

(50/50) Yes, but...

are they a slave?

(50/50) No.

Eyes going wide another guard is sitting at a table with his feet up playing cards, seeing Leo does he act first?

(Unlikely) No.

Leo wants to rush him and conduct a power strike using the axe,

11 = 5[d6]+6[d6]

4 = 4[d6]

three successes, Leo rushes at the second guard the blood still fresh on his axe, taking a mighty swing the guard raises an arm in defence as his chair tips backwards.. (Guard rolls?)

5 = 5[d6]

5-3-1=1 (roll of 5, -3 for being unarmed (failed to draw his sword whilst sitting), -1 for Leo's power attack!) Leo rolls

5 = 5[d6]

7 vs 1 is a gruesome death for another guard as Leo's axe bites through his upraised arm and inbeds its self in his face, he collapses over with his chair with a horrid gurgle. Does the axe get pulled from Leo's hand?

(50/50) Yes.

Does anyone else witness this?

(50/50) No.

Does anyone else hear this?

(50/50) No.

Retrieving his axe Leo makes his way to an internal door, is it locked?

(50/50) Yes. +Twist: PC / Alters the location

looking through a gap by the door Leo can see slaves chained up to the floor, are they all there?

(Likely) No, but...

11 = 11[d12]

11 of the 12 slaves are there, can Leo pick this lock?

(50/50) No.

Is the key on the body of the second guard?

(Very Likely) Yes.

anything else?

5 = 5[d6]

Claymore.

Ring.

Above average gemstone.

Herbs.

Below average wand.

Taking it all Leo opens the door and indicates the slaves need to be quiet. can Leo free them from their chains?

(50/50) No.

Can they move chained?

(50/50) No.

Reassuring them he is coming back Leo heads further into the building, does he find anyone else?

(50/50) No.

Does he find something to help free the slaves?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes.

Finding a solid metal bar Leo comes back and attempts to pry the chains free from the floor, I judge this a difficult but manageable task given the metal bar. two successes needed.

12 = 4[d6]+6[d6]+2[d6]

With a snap the links part and the chain can be pulled through, all of the slaves still have a metal cuff round one ankle but at least they can move freely! Are they all willing to follow Leo out?

(Very Likely) No, but...

As they start to move out one of them demand Leo find the missing slave, can Leo convince them he will come back?

13 = 3[d6]+6[d6]+4[d6]

explode the 6

9 = 6[d6]+3[d6]

again

11 = 6[d6]+5[d6]

again

6 = 4[d6]+2[d6]

three successes is enough to convince them he will return if he can and they follow him out of the building, do they make it across to the trees and the mysterious woman of the crown?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes, and...

The other slave is already there! She had freed him and disposed of the other two guards in the third building. with 120 silver Leo is feeling much happier and wishes them well before parting company and heading as far from the smugglers hide out as possible less the rest return!

I think Leo has earned some experience points for tonight's quest so:

3 = 3[d10]

bit harsh but no one said adventuring was easy! these barely pay the cost accrued for learning to row!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Post: #2
Continuing adventures of Leo in Tales of blades and heroes
Leo awakes and stretches, picking up his belongings he heads out.

Leo whistles as he walks the morning sunshine warming him and improving his spirits,

(Does any one hear him whistling?)

Yes.

Confident female prison guard.

"You there!" startled Leo almost trips over, looking up he sees a fit looking woman wearing light armour and armed with a billy club and a whip, seeing no one else around Leo approaches her, recalling the last pretty lass to cross his path he loses some of his jaunty swagger and takes another look around. As he gets closer "Have you seen anyone round here? there is an escaped prisoner in the area." Scratching himself behind one ear Leo regains some of his confidence "you don't say, well can't say I've been troubled but what does this dangerous fella look like?"

Cheery witch who is slightly stronger than you and whose motivation is to suppress composure, offend the elite, and develop slavery; who speaks of insane turmoil and is focused on your fame.

"A witch" the guards voice is spitting with venom, wiping an imaginary speck off his already dusty jerkin Leo asks "A witch huh so is there any reward for news of this dangerous escape?"

(Likely) No, but...

"Not for any news no but should you capture her I can offer you hard currency", striking his version of a thoughtful pose, "so how much 'hard currency' we talking here?"

(Dead?)

19 = 19[d20]

"19 silvers dead"

(Alive?)

13 = 13[d20]

"13 gold Alive", Leo nods thoughtfully then his jaw falls open.. "gold...did you say gold?" "that's right however I warn you she is highly dangerous so I'd go for the silvers unless your a lot tougher than you look".

(Does Leo manage to look past the Gold and ask any more sensible questions?) 2 successes needed

8 = 5[d6]+1[d6]+2[d6]

Blinded by the thought of gold Leo thanks the guard and rushes off in the direction she indicated, coming to a clearing a little while latter.

Massive sewer.

A fowl stench fills the air, "damn me that's fowl" exclaims Leo as he surveys the scene, a bubbling green-brown pond seeps over the clearing, is there anyone else there?

(50/50) Yes.

(is it the witch?)

(50/50) No, but...

Judgmental banker.

Leo spies a tall gentleman standing to one side a embroidered handkerchief to his mouth dressed in as smart a suit of clothing as Leo had ever scene. (Does he approach undetected? opposed roll needed) Gentleman?

9 = 2[d6]+6[d6]+1[d6]

explodes the 6

10 = 6[d6]+4[d6]

and again

7 = 4[d6]+3[d6]

two successes, Leo rolls

11 = 6[d6]+1[d6]+4[d6]

explodes

5 = 1[d6]+4[d6]

so a draw, as Leo gets within a couple of feet the man turns, frozen they both stare at each other.

(Does Leo speak first?)

(50/50) Yes, but...

(Is the gentleman hostile?)

(50/50) No.

"err hello there my names Leo, that's a fine suit you have there" suddenly looking cautious "not a witch are you?"

"A witch? my good man no I am not a witch, I am a Gentleman and a banker Sir!" clearly Leo has ruffled his feathers, "don't suppose you have seen any likely witches around these parts have you?"

(Unlikely) No.

"Witches, what has you looking for witches! and how would I tell pray? do they ware black pointy hats and look a shade of green?" Looking momentarily flummoxed "err yes?" ventures Leo, shaking his head the Gentleman starts to leave "why they would be rather easy to spot if that was so wouldn't they,...pointy hats indeed!" mutters the man as he leaves.

Moving on Leo thinks about it and decides he may be wrong but he'll still keep an eye out for any black cats!

Glowing crime scene.

A short way further on Leo stumbles to a holt, "by the gods!" he breathes, in front of him is a body and it appears to be glowing faintly with a sickly hue, examining the body it appears to be..

Deviant brew master.

some kind of once dangerous looking tavern keeper, but with no tavern or wagon in sight it is a strange fellow to come across out here at the best of times.
(Can Leo safely search the body?)

(50/50) Yes, and... +Twist: NPC / Appears

As Leo is tentatively reaching out to the body a voice over his shoulder says "wouldn't do that if I was you..." Leo nearly jumped out of his skin, (does he trip over the body?)

(50/50) Yes, and...

sprawling in a heap Leo groans, looking up he sees a middle age rather plain looking woman in a brown cloak. Taking her offered hand he gets to his feet, "where in the name of seven hells did you come from?" brushing himself down Leo starts to regain some composure, "magic cackles the woman" Leo promptly nearly falls over again backing away he has his short sword half drawn, "your the witch..?" he can't keep the incredulity out of his voice, "so your the poor fool sent to hunt me down are you? well I hope your prepared" so saying she raises her hands suddenly causing Leo to flinch badly, Suddenly laughing she lets her hands drop "why your not the tough bounty hunter I was expecting at all"
"if I wanted to do you harm would I not have done so by now?" Leo ponders this seemingly reasonable line of thought, "so what do you want?" he asks her whilst keeping one hand on his weapons.

Guard the gnome servant at the deadly jail.

"I want you help to spring my friend from the same prison I was held in" "what's in it for me?" asks Leo

4 = 4[d20]

"4 gold coins I can pay you" (80 silver) which is a lot more than he would get for bringing her in dead but a lot less than alive! Leo decides to go along with her for now rationalising he can always claim the reward if it doesn't look like it will work out! "deal, so which way?" "follow me dearie" swearing she cackled Leo followed on behind. (Do we run across anyone else enroute?)

(50/50) No, but...

Lost clearing.

As they enter a clearing Leo realises he is lost, "err what's your name anyway?" "Lonita, and you Leo right?" shocked Leo backs away a step "...h..how did you know that?" laughing "because you've only been muttering 'fine mess your in here Leo' under you breath" "how did you get caught anyway?" (Does she tell him?) persuade three successes.

7 = 1[d6]+4[d6]+2[d6]

"never you mind about that lets be off time is a wasting" (Do they come across anyone else before reaching the Jail?)

(50/50) Yes.

"Well, well I never thought you would do it but well done, I have your gold here" the female prison guard emerges from the other side of the clearing just before we entered, Leo realised that with him following behind a couple of steps and with his hands glued to the hilt of his weapons it looked like he was escorting the witch back! (Does the witch react first?)

(Somewhat Likely) Yes.

Witch actions? Q4

12 = 2[d6]+6[d6]+4[d6]

with her two actions she casts a spell at the guard, "Destroy enemy" her hands weave a complex pattern

8 = 1[d6]+1[d6]+6[d6]

Spell backfires...

8 = 5[d6]+3[d6]

a magical fire consumes the witch as she screams, the flames vanish but the witch now resembles a ugly crone with a green tint to her skin and a large wart on her nose. using her second action she attempts a different spell, a fire ball appears in her hands, (does the guard react next?)

(Likely) Yes, but...

14 = 6[d6]+5[d6]+3[d6]

two actions, stepping forwards the guard unleashes her whip at the witch, c3

6 = 6[d6]

total of 9 versus the witches C2

1 = 1[d6]

doubled a serious wound to the witch

2 = 1[d6]+1[d6]

The witch is knocked down and will be at -1C and +1Q until healed. also the fire ball...! needing a 4+

2 = 2[d6]

As the witch falls the fireball explodes and she is engulfed in flames, a C4 attack

3 = 3[d6]

7 to her defence of 1

4 = 4[d6]

10 = 4[d6]+6[d6]

as she is rolling on the floor the Guard lashes out with the cudgel in her other hand, C3

6 = 6[d6]

damn a 9 not looking good for the witch! C1 defence

1 = 1[d6]

8 = 4[d6]+4[d6]

The solid stick cracks the witch audibly on the head and her struggles cease as she is clearly unconscious at the very least. Breathing hard the guard gives her a swift kick in the ribs. "thanks for your help" she snarls at Leo, "err sorry it was all a bit sudden" realising he has his sword drawn he puts away his weapons, "now about that gold?", with an evil glint the guard steps over the witch "gold you may have found her first but I didn't see you render her compliant it almost looked like she was leading you..." a thoughtful look crossed her face as she regarded Leo, thinking quickly "well I thought it easier to pretend I was helping her in order to get her to come with me, I mean I led her right too you.." (Does he persuade the guard? Guards roll)

9 = 3[d6]+5[d6]+1[d6]

Leo rolls

12 = 3[d6]+5[d6]+4[d6]

Grudgingly she nods "huh your not as dumb as you look obviously, however I can only give you.."

7 = 7[d13]

"7 gold seeing as I did most of the hard work I think I deserve some recompense" looking suddenly dangerous "unless you disagree..?", "no, no that sounds fair" taking his 7 gold Leo makes haste away from the clearing whilst the guard gags and ties up the witch for transport back to prison.

I decide Leo did fairly well and gains some basic knowledge of Magic no enough to use or resist but enough that he may spot it in the future. He also gains?

1 = 1[d10]

1 experience point - very tough to gain experience round these parts obviously!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2013, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013 05:06 AM by smw.)
Post: #3
RE: The adventures of Leo in Tales of blades and heroes
We return to our would be adventurer on a nice sunny morning

Strong distillery.

Waking with a thick head Leo turns and see's the Tavern within which he took his rest last night, "How'd I end up outside.." he muses.

Crown.

Scroll case.

The Crown and Scroll Tavern doesn't provide the most welcoming exterior, a small single story wooden building with a faded sign swinging in the wind above a stout wooden door, a water trough sits out front, does Leo start by taking a drink of water from said trough?

(Sure Thing) Yes, and...

He also has a quick wash, feeling somewhat back to normal he checks how much Silver he spent..

3 = 3[d10]

Only three Silver! a cheap night he must have either been lucky at cards or the most interesting story teller around these parts to account for the sore head large quantities of alcohol can only have caused.

As Leo gathers up his gear and thinks about finding some breakfast he looks around to see if anyone is near by?

(50/50) No, and...

not only is it rather quiet it is too quiet.. Leo begins to look around in a slightly comedic attempt at furtiveness. Does he go inside the Tavern?

(Very Likely) Yes, and... +Twist: Item / Ends the scene

Pushing aside the swinging door he is greeted by..

Busily / Damaged.

the remnants of an Inn with smashed furnishings littering the place and the smell of spilt ale permeating the air, Does Leo search the Tavern? I think one pass out of three Q rolls should be sufficient

14 = 5[d6]+3[d6]+6[d6]

explode the 6

9 = 4[d6]+5[d6]

give a total of three successes, I count that as a detailed search and if I say one dice size per success that means he may have found D8 items.

3 = 3[d8]

Jewelry.

Urn.

Food.

Well food you would expect to find in a Tavern, eating his fill Leo feels much better, the Urn he leaves on the mantel as the one undisturbed item within the strewn mess that remains here. Jewellery how many silvers is that worth?

337 = 337[d500]

A fortune! things are looking up for Leo! As he leaves the Tavern is there anyone in sight now?

(50/50) Yes.

Ignorant village idiot.

As Leo steps out he almost falls over a stooped figure, "careful friend" calls Leo, "what happened here?" Does the idiot know what happened?

(Very Unlikely) Yes, but...

he doesn't want to share what he knows. Leo tries to talk him round, "come now friend surely you can tell me what happened here?" opposed social roll, Idiot Q5

10 = 5[d6]+2[d6]+3[d6]

1 success, Leo Q4

12 = 3[d6]+5[d6]+4[d6]

2 successes, "well there was a..."

Marauder.

Snobby ship's captain.

"Pirate Captain and he attacked the tavern, looking for some.."

Assassinate the half-elf spy at the poor inn.

"elf who sold him poor information or something", "Was the Elf here?"

(50/50) No.

"Did the Captain find out where the Elf is?"

(50/50) No, and...

"The Tavern keeper died before the Captain got the answers he wanted and everyone else fled the inn", "Do you know where the Pirate went?"

(50/50) No.

"Do you know where the elf was?"

(50/50) No.

"Do you know where anyone else went?"

(50/50) No, and...

The idiot seems to have got bored of questions and is trying to lick ale off the table top.. giving up on him Leo decides its all none of his concern anyway and no one is likely to sing tales bout him for saving an elf anyway. Whistling a jaunty tune Leo decides to head away north,

Massive rift.

Coming to the top of a gentle rise Leo finds himself at a cliff edge with a valley splitting the land as far as he can see, deciding one way is as good as another Leo turns right and walks along..

Vine-choked hovel.

Leo finds himself entering a forest that quickly thickens to block out the sun, finding himself outside a nearly hidden house looking like it is more part of the woods than a separate structure Leo thinks about knocking or quietly walking past, he has had poor luck with magic and witches in general and if he had to describe where one might live this would be it.

Chauvinistic female seer.

"What do you want?" the sudden voice making Leo jump, turning he sees a stooped small woman peering up at him from within a homespun dark cloak. "err.." croaks Leo, "I'm trying to find my way out of this woods and to the next settlement.. I don't suppose you could point me in the right direction..?" he hesitantly asks.

(50/50) Yes, and...

Weather sense.

"You just need to follow that path another hour and then turn left once you get to the cross roads, but you will want to hurry a storm is coming in. Now if you have nothing else to trouble me with? I suggest ye be off" Leo turns to look at the indicated path "where did that.." turning back the woman has disappeared, spinning round Leo shudders and hurries off in the direction indicated "Witches I'm beset by witches!" mutters Leo as he hurries away.

Temporary road.

Belligerent religious fanatic.

Reaching the cross road Leo is starting to feel better about his day when a robed man jumps out at him waving a tattered book in one hand and with a zealous look in his eyes begins to preach at Leo, "REPENT oh wicked sinner, does thou follower the eight tenants of mighty Zog the one true deity?" "err not really" responds Leo. "Heretic thou must suffer" screams the deranged fanatic, C1 Q4 rolls for actions.

11 = 6[d6]+2[d6]+3[d6]

7 = 2[d6]+5[d6]

1 action, he lashes out with the holy book (this may explain its tattered state..),

4 = 4[d6]

Total of 5 vs

6 = 6[d6]

8, despite his surprise Leo's reactions take over and he avoids the blow and strike back,

5 = 2[d6]+3[d6]

the holy book flies from his hand and breaks in half, pages threaten to blow away in the wind, "NO" screams the fanatic, does he rush to the book?

(50/50) No.

In a frenzy he launches himself at Leo, prepared Leo has raised his sword.

4 = 4[d6]

5 = 5[d6]

11 = 5[d6]+6[d6]

knocking him backwards Leo try's to decide whether to finish this loon off or make a break for it.. rolls for actions

12 = 5[d6]+1[d6]+6[d6]

two actions used for a power attack by Leo,

5 = 5[d6]

1 = 1[d6]

7 v 1 more than tripled things look bleak for the follower of Zog!

5 = 2[d6]+3[d6]

A savage blow to the head knocks him senseless and possible cracks his skull. Does Leo search him?

(50/50) No.

Does he finish him off?

(50/50) Yes.

Wiping his sword on the robes Leo hurries away before any more mad men attack him, the book of Zog blows away in pieces.

Ramshackle farm.

Mischievous bully.

Hurrying along Leo comes across a snare trap set in the path, Does he manage to avoid it? 2 successes needed.

15 = 5[d6]+6[d6]+4[d6]

6 = 5[d6]+1[d6]

three successes, not only does Leo notice it but he cuts it down and throws it off the path. As he does so a large man storms out of the nearby bushes. "Oi what do you think your doing cutting up my rope?" yells the man at Leo, is he armed?

(50/50) No.

No weapons are visible but that may mean nothing! Does Leo attempt to reason with the man?

(50/50) No, and...

not stopping to even listen Leo delivers a vicious punch sending the man back into the bush, Leo promptly moves off down the trail.

Well-crafted workshop.

reaching a workshop Leo decides to trade, he sells the Jewellery

312 = 212[d337]+100

slightly under its face value but better than nothing! He also sells the below average wand for

98 = 98[d100]

The above average gemstone for

740 = 740[d1000]

Ring for

53 = 53[d100]

Leo now had 1500 silver (equal to 75 gold a small fortune!) deciding to spend some he buys a horse to ease his feet.

76 = 76[d200]

bargain, he also buys some light barding for the horse and a nice saddle etc

5 = 5[d200]

hmm too cheap I think so call it

71 = 71[d200]

Some better light armour to replace his light hides.

108 = 58[d100]+50

some nice riding boots

8 = 8[d100]

A Lantern, some lockpicks and a first aid kit, total

50 = 50

Well satisfied with his dealings Leo agrees to play a game of cards or two with the owner..

[Image: 2h.gif]

[Image: 5h.gif]

[Image: 7c.gif]

[Image: 13c.gif]

[Image: 11h.gif]

[Image: 13h.gif]

[Image: 12d.gif]

[Image: 9h.gif]

[Image: 10d.gif]

[Image: 13h.gif]

Leo's pair of Kings beats the shopkeepers K high, Leo wins

50 = 50[d100]

Leo rides his new horse further down the road.

Dwarven brothel.

Sloppy female sword master.

Coming upon an odd bawdy house with a drunk woman swinging a pricy sword whilst cursing at the surrounding Dwarfs, Leo stops to take in the scene. Unsure whether he should help the drunk swordswoman or the few Dwarfs facing her Leo opts for random chance and decides if he draws a picture card he will get involved..

[Image: 3d.gif]

happy fate wants him to have no part in this he ties up his horse and takes a seat out side the brothel to enjoy the entertainment, does anyone get hurt?

(50/50) No, but...

the woman appears to have run out of strength and her last swing spins her round and into a heap on the ground where after a few minutes she can be heard snoring softly, the bemused dwarfs disperse back inside. His curiosity peaked Leo decides to wait for the woman to wake up and speak with her.

to be continued....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Post: #4
RE: The adventures of Leo in Tales of blades and heroes
The swords woman wakes up and still clutching her sword attempts to stand, Leo wakes from his dozing on the porch of the brothel and makes his way towards her, mindful of the way she was swinging that sword about a few hours ago he approaches with some caution, clearing his throat he tries to attract her attention.

Yes.

Looking up she focuses on Leo whilst trying to maintain her balance, "who are you and what do you want?" as she stands she stretches taking some deep breaths and appears to visibly recover from her drunken state. Leo caught up in pondering his question has his musing interrupted by an impatient command, "never mind buy me breakfast and maybe you'll spit out what you want", she leads him to a tavern and sitting down orders some food, they fall to conversation whilst breaking their fast.

Silence the elf bully at the dwarven library.

It transpires that she is a sword master from the Castle of Puteoli sent to deal with an elf located within the Dwarven town here and she has identified a large library as his current location. Her Lord requires something the elf has and sent her to acquire it however the elf has reneged on the agreed terms and is demanding more than she can offer in payment.

Excellent spell book.

It is a rare and powerful spell book and the elf had agreed to trade it for 100 gold coins however he now claims to need 1000 gold coins for it, a vast and impossible sum. Unable to return a failure to her Lord she has been attempting to find other ways of acquiring it, this led to her partaking in a drinking contest last night with some Dwarfs and her confrontation with them when Leo arrived stemmed from a forgotten argument.

She asks for Leo's help in dealing with the elf an securing the book for her Lord by any means. Leo thinks this is just the sort of quest he has been looking for and her terms are acceptable. Should he succeed she will pay him 10 gold plus teach him some improved sword techniques which would otherwise take him a long time to acquire.

Does he ask her more questions before setting off?

(Likely) No.

In his enthusiasm Leo accepts and rushes off to start his quest, (this is becoming a common theme much more of this and I might have to give him Impetuous as a trait). Does he opt for a direct approach first?

(50/50) Yes, but... +Twist: Emotional event / Changes the goal

Honest pirate.

As he heads down the street towards the library he is hailed by a large man dressed up as a caricature of a Pirate with two swords and at least ten pistols hanging from his large red coat, a tri-corn hat sits on his head and he has what could only be described as lots of hair... "Here laddie, over here.." gesturing Leo to come over, in his trusting nature Leo finds himself approaching him without second thought.

"Ye look like a man who can handle himself and earn some coin in the process, be I right?" "there be a dastardly elf bastard hiding in yon library and I need someone to flush him out for me, savvy?" Realising the chance of their being two elf's in the library Leo thinks he can double his money here and/or perhaps make his original quest easier!, then he remembers the bloody tavern and the pirates hunting for a half-elf. "err would you happen to have visited the Crown and Scroll recently?"

(50/50) Yes. +Twist: Emotional event / Changes the goal

"Now will ye be helping me?" deciding discretion is the better part of valour at this time and he never liked that tavern any way Leo accepts, "err you mentioned some coin..?" Leo ventures,

45 = 45[d100]

"aye 45 gold if you help me get him alive, 45 silver if he is dead", "and you'll be here waiting will you?" asks Leo not wanting to wonder into him in the library.

(Somewhat Likely) No, but...

"no but I'll give you a head start on him before I come in my self"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Post: #5
RE: The adventures of Leo in Tales of blades and heroes
Leo makes his way onwards through the town towards the library, is he further held up?

(Unlikely) No.

Reaching the shadow of the library Leo pauses to take in the massive gothic architecture atop a huge set of steps. Imposing ornate doors filled the centre of his vision as he climbed the steps.

are the doors open?

(Unlikely) No, and...

armed guards in fancy uniforms are standing either side of the closed doors, taking this in Leo slows down his approach. How many guards are there?

10 = 10[d20]

"what sort of a library requires ten armed guards at the front door?" muses Leo. "This maybe harder than I thought!".

"Halt, what's your business here?" asks one of the guards, at Q4+ the guard opposes a persuasion test:

15 = 3[d6]+6[d6]+6[d6]

two Successes, Leo makes:

8 = 3[d6]+1[d6]+4[d6]

three failures! "err..I wanted to borrow a book?" ventures Leo, suspicious the guard brings his spear round in a vaguely threatening fashion, "it's not that sort of library" Does he allow further discussion?

(50/50) Yes, and...

"Look let me level with you" wispers Leo in a conspiratal voice, "I have been asked to pass a personal message to one of the occupants here and I judge they will find what I have to say valuable..." Does the guardsman take the bait?

(50/50) Yes.

"Valuable you say, well there are important people here, exactly how valuable are we talking here?" asks the guardsman as he leads Leo away from the front door and along the side of the building. "I would be willing to donate one gold coin to the venerable guardsman retirement fund should you be able to fascilitate my entrance to yon library?" acceptance?

(Likely) Yes, and... +Twist: PC / Alters the location

Judging them to be out of sight of the other guards he stops Leo, "right one gold coin and I can get you in the side door round here but once your in your on your own, deal?" does Leo negotiate for further information?

(Likely) No.

Once again Leo rushes in without asking for further information! Does he gain the impetuous trait? I judge each success to be one level of impetuousness:

7 = 2[d6]+2[d6]+3[d6]

no despite his actions so far he resists gaining it as a trait.

entering through the door the guard locks it behind him. Leo looks around, can he see any clues to help direct him?

(50/50) Yes.

Scroll case.

Lock picks.

Looking around at the nearby scroll cases Leo finds some lock picks! handy he thinks. "never have too many of these".

Moving further through the floor does he encounter any one?

(Unlikely) Yes.

Hyper noble.

"Ah good fellow I need some help..", checking over his shoulder Leo answers a finely dressed noble man holding a stack of leather books, "err.. me? how can I help.. Sir?" asks Leo, "I am trying to find a book and could use your help.."

Elixir.

Weather.

Benefits.

Dragon.

"The Dragons beneficial weather elixir, a text by a most remarkable fellow"

Does Leo ask him any questions?

(Somewhat Likely) No, but...

The Noble volunteers further information, "its a large red leather bound book and I'm fairly sure its not on this level and I haven't the time to waste checking the other floors, now I know I can not compel you to search on my behalf and I was instructed not to expect any help but there is some recompense in it for you?" Perking up Leo suddenly pays more attention "err what did you have in mind for arguments sake?"

25 = 25[d100]

"25 gold coins and"

Chainmail armor.

its a bit old as armour goes but it was good quality in its day if you want it?" Does Leo haggle?

(Unlikely) No.

"I accept Sir and where should I look for you should I find this item for you?"

Well-traveled town square.

"I will meet you in the town square outside tomorrow morning as I plan to leave on the midday coach". Turning he moves off clutching his books. Shaking his head Leo moves further into the library. Does he find the stairs?

(Likely) Yes.

do they go up?

(Sure Thing) No, but...

Typical Leo thought look for a way up and what do I find but a way down..

Move away from goal.

Pack of feral dogs.

Hearing savage growling as he moves down the steps Leo decides this must be taking him the wrong way and hurries back up to look for a way up.

Does he come across anyone else before finding the stairs up?

(50/50) Yes, and...

Ambitious cartographer.

Generous witch.

Leo turns a corner and finds himself looking at two odd charcters embroiled in a heated discussion..

Officially / Flawless.

NPC positive.

Ancient tomb.

Candle.

Shield.

"I tell you this is the right book.." "and I say its naw" noticing Leo they both turn and beckon him forwards, "ah wee lad perhaps you could help us resolve a difference of opinion?" asked a short woman with a slight hunch apparent through her shawl. "err if I can" ventured Leo. The essentric but well dressed man who had been the other half of the discussion turned to face Leo, "we are both looking for the Official guide to the ancient tomb of the knights of the shielded candle, a mysterious order of knights believed to have died out centuries ago but to have left a treasure trove within their hidden tomb and a disguised guide book leading to it is said to be within this library." "and this isn't it" interupted the woman. With a sigh the cartographer shook his head "and I say it is the best match to the rumoured guide in this library"

Seeing this could take some time Leo ventured "and how can I help?"

"well we would like you to do two things, one to keep an eye out for a better matching book than this whilst your hear, it should have a shield with a lit candle on it. We would also like you to take these copied pages from this book and see if you can locate the tomb for us?" "err sure no problem" taking the thrust out papers Leo hurried past the bickering pair and made his way up stairs. "this is a damn strange library" thought Leo as he thrust the papers into his bag.

Looking around the next floor..

Urn.

Elixir.

Buckler.

Above average circlet.

High quality silver.

Liberated throne room.

Pocketing everything bar the urn Leo looked around what appeared to be a spacious throne room, "two things stike me as weird thought Leo, one why are there so many urns everywhere I look! and two what in the seven hells is a throne room doing in a library?"

Is there anyone in sight?

(50/50) No, and...

Musical instrument.

Whilst it appears deserted Leo hears music being played somewhere further on the floor passed the throne room. Moving towards the sound Leo reaches an ajar door.

Can he see anyone the other side of the door?

(Somewhat Unlikely) No, but...

he can hear someone moving about playing the music. As Leo moves into the room can he see the person?

(50/50) No.

Does anyone hear him enter?

(Very Unlikely) No.

Opulent maze.

The next room appears to be some kind of wooden maze, does Leo find his way through the maze to the musical occupant?

(Somewhat Likely) No, but...

He finds another room

Old secret entrance.

It appears to be a secret door left slightly ajar else Leo would have walked straight passed it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)