Accidental overwrite
I went to open my active story but accidentally hit "save" instead of "load" which deleted all the story content by overwriting it with a blank document.

This was strictly user error, so no blame here, but I am wondering if it is possible for it the story to load on open by default?
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you overwrote your story. I don't keep story histories so it would be gone.

Your active story loads on open by default.
(01-01-2023, 03:48 PM)gwynwas Wrote: I went to open my active story but accidentally hit "save" instead of "load" which deleted all the story content by overwriting it with a blank document.

This was strictly user error, so no blame here, but I am wondering if it is possible for it the story to load on open by default?

Ugh, that sucks--I'm so sorry that happened. 

One thing I do periodically is copy the "story so far" over to a Google Document as a back up. I have nightmares of the same thing happening to me.
I would double down on the Google Docs suggestion Talmor made. In fact, personally, I do all my game logging and editing in an outside document program that has automatic cloud saving, such as Google Docs, OneDrive, or a stand-alone word processor on my computer. I've gotten in the habit of doing this for just about anything I write: blog posts, message board posts, emails, Facebook posts more than a few sentences long, even texts if they are lengthy and I'm being particular about what I want to say.  I've seen too many "lost compositions" to rely on an editor that can accidentally shut down, freeze up, or delete everything if you press the wrong button.
That's lame. Sorry to hear that. I don't keep much of the story inside the product myself. I keep a few notes and character stats and things like that. Odds and ends and a history of rolls. I keep the main story running inside a google doc and paste the oracle results and dice rolls inside the doc as I go. That way nothing is ever lost. Best of luck!

(Enjoying my content? Want to show your support? Consider joining my Patreon at Roll, Ponder, and Play!)

(01-01-2023, 10:47 PM)mark Wrote: Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you overwrote your story.  I don't keep story histories so it would be gone.

Mark,

I am using the current Chrome build Version 109.0.5414.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 11.  When I load the RPG Solo - Play page the story text flashes for a spit second then disappears.  So, then it has to be story has to be manually loaded using the Load Active link.  It is just a very minor inconvenience but I thought maybe you should know.
(01-14-2023, 11:57 AM)gwynwas Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 10:47 PM)mark Wrote: Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you overwrote your story.  I don't keep story histories so it would be gone.

Mark,

I am using the current Chrome build Version 109.0.5414.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 11.  When I load the RPG Solo - Play page the story text flashes for a spit second then disappears.  So, then it has to be story has to be manually loaded using the Load Active link.  It is just a very minor inconvenience but I thought maybe you should know.

It is working now.