Classic Fantasy Fuptoop the Ugly Monster Hunter NEW Chapter 3 UPDATED!!!!
Intro and what to expect….

This tale is my first game that I am sharing with everyone. I look forward to playing as well as entertaining you guys. This story follows the misadventures of Fuptoop, an underdog goblin monster hunter who tries to fulfill his dream of living life as a glorified monster hunter and finally being accepted by humans. Why Monster Hunter? Well, being the celebrity occupation in the world of Osirol is the only sure way an ugly goblin can make his claim to fame.

#1) I will be ditching the Mythic system I usually use, and will solely be relying on the fate buttons.
#2) Every Monster encounter should prove to be an interesting one for I am using Mythic Creature Crafter, a system that randomly rolls the creature’s abilities and characteristics.
To determine the creature’s class, characteristics, Size, Strength and ability, I will roll twice on the characteristic board and once the other boards,
Example, and this is what I rolled
Class: Elemental (Roll on Elemental characteristics board)
Characteristic Result #1 was Unusual Substance
Characteristic Result #2 was Humanoid
Size: Large
Strength: Max (+100%)
Ability: Attribute Damage
Combined I determined that this means this creature is a Large Hulking Glob made up of the planets slimiest  contents, and is capable of getting its targets caught up its messy body, causing major decrease in their agility.
Surely not something Fuptoop will want to encounter this early, for he is only starting off with a short sword and some other beginner gear.

We and Fuptoop never know what to expect from the bounties he takes, which is why this will be fun. Join me and Fuptoop as we watch him rise from nobody to somebody as he takes down the oddest and most fantastical creatures in the world of Osirol.

Fuptoop’s Character Sheet

Name: Fuptoop
Race: Gump Hill Swamp Goblin
Class: Ugly Monster Hunter
Equipment:
Iron Short sword
Iron Crossbow w/30x Iron Bolts
Full Suite of dirty leather armor
Knapsack
3 vials of Gump Goo flasks

[Image: goblin-character-design-illustration-dra...antasy.jpg]
Chapter 1: Finally

Fuptoop looks up at the enormous tree, and looks down at the bounty posting, then up at the enormous tree again. The bounty reads "Reward 200 Osi and a basket of potatoes for the slaying of the beast eating my cattle". Fuptoop folds up the scroll he had taken from the sign post and places it in his knapsack. The humans do not let goblins into the tavern, forcing him to finish his meals out back, but it is here where he hears all the gossip and gets the finest leftovers. I caught wind that the farmers in the outskirts of Ham Town are having issues with a creature stealing their cattle, and the believe it resides here in the outer rim of the Great Ham Wood.

Fuptoop: *sigh, this is it. If I can make a name for myself with the Farmers of Ham Town, they may even give me a place to live, and tell others about my heroic deeds.

Fuptoop sheaths his short sword and begins to climb the tree. Does he get a good grip and begin to climb? Likely

(9[d10]) Yes.

Fuptoop begins making his way up the tree as any goblin naturally could. Light, and agile, he has no issues. Fuptoop is looking to gain a vantage point, looking for the next large branch in sight.
Is there one close? Likely

(8[d10]) Yes.

This tree is 100 ft tall, and very wide. Pacing oneself is most wise so he makes way to the branch. 
Does he have any issues getting to it? SU

(6[d10]) No, but... +Event: Care / Bureaucracy

PC negative.

The great trees of Ham wood are protected by local law and it is forbidden to cause any harm to them, and as Fuptoop jumps onto the branch, some bark flies off. 
Is Fuptoop aware of this law? Very Unlikely

(2[d10]) No.

Fuptoop tumbles onto the branch, and gains his footing. He's pretty high up but has a good ways to go. He takes the time to admire how beautiful the trees of Ham wood are with their almond brown bark, vibrant green leaves, and beautiful plant life that grows from them. 
Is there anything edible on this tree? 50/50

(2[d10]) No.

Fuptoop, it's be nice to have something other than bread and scraps for a change, which is all the food Fuptoop has in his sack. Perhaps further up the tree may yield some interesting fruits. 
Fuptoop begins climbing up into the tree again, higher and higher it gets darker and denser. 
Is he having any issues climbing? Unlikely

(4[d10]) No.

Onto another branch he goes to catch breather. As he rests, he feels the branch get much heavier as if something plopped onto it with him. The branch extends out further, much further where it is dark and leaf covered branches hide everything. Fuptoop hops up and sheaths his sword and crossbow, bracing himself for what may emerge from the other end of the branch. 
Is whatever it is making a sound? SL

(6[d10]) Yes.

Kill / Dispute.

He begins hearing two growling and bickering voices that sound very hostile as it approaches rattling the branch. Fuptoop readies his crossbow for what emerges from the dark end of the branch.

ENCOUNTER!!!!!
Class: Plant (Go figure..)
Characteristic #1 Ambulatory Legs 
Characteristic #2 Tree-Like
Size: Large..but sizable enough to be on this banch
Strength: Strong (Overall threat)
Ability: Resist Damage, Only resistant to piercing attacks (Arrows, Bullets)

I discern, that this is a Barking Tree Troll, an plant being almost monkey-like. It's bark exterior provides much protection from the likes of crossbow bolts. It charges out of the dark with what appears to be it's young holding onto it's neck. This thing is very angry and much larger than Fuptoop.

Fuptoop fires his crossbow at the beast aiming for it's eye
Does he hit? Slightly Unlikely

(Somewhat Unlikely | 6[d10]) No, but...

The bolt flies through the air! THUMP!!!!! The barking tree troll halts, and Fuptoop lowers his bow and realizes that his bolt hit the creature's young, killing it. The barking tree troll lets out a roar as Fuptoop begins loading another bolt while keeping his eye on the beast. 
Can Fuptoop get another shot off, aiming for the eyes before the creature reaches him?

(Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.

Does it hit?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 5[d10]) No.

The bolt whizzes by the beasts head, as the beast jumps up and out into the direction of Fuptoop. 
Fuptoop attempts to roll under the now aerial beast.
Does he do so successfully?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Fuptoop agility as fine as ever, comes into play as he tumbles under the creature's pounce. Fuptoop's grace allowed him to get to his feet swiftly enough in which he goes to jump on the creatures back with sword drawn.
Does he successfully mount the creature?

(Somewhat Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.

The Creature begins flailing violently as Fuptoop holds on tightly. The creature lunges off onto the tree and begins climbing up. It then swings it's back into the tree in order to get Fuptoop off.
Is Fuptoop able to avoid being squashed?

(Somewhat Likely | 8[d10]) Yes.

Fuptoop looses his grip from the beast's back and slides down to it's legs, avoiding the crush. Holding onto the creatures leg, Fuptoop swings his blade in attempt to sever it off.
Does he hit?

(Very Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.

(8 = 10[d20]+-2) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

Fuptoop slashed the leg, at bark flies off, however the beast does not appear to be entirely fazed by the blow. 
Can Fuptoop pull off another strike before the beast begins to act?

(Unlikely | 1[d10]) No, and...

The beast reaches down to grab Fuptoop with its long ape like arms. 
Does he get Fup? (Can we call him Fup now? lol)

(Somewhat Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

It grabs Fup by his head and starts goes to throw him off of the tree. Fup holds onto the creatures leg for dear life.
Does Fub hold on the the leg avoiding being thrown off?

(Very Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

The beast cannot manage to get the pesky goblin off and starts bashing at Fuptoop's head.
Does it hit Fup?

(Likely | 8[d10]) Yes.

(6 = 4[d20]++2) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

Fup begins squirming and swing on the creatures leg causing the beast to not land a solid blow. The beast swings again, Does he hit Fup?

(Somewhat Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.

(17 = 16[d20]+1) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

WHACK!

(Almost Impossible | 2[d10]) No.

Fup's helmet spins on his head as the blow he just took landed square on the crown of his skull. Fup looses hold and begins falling.
Does he land on a branch that was not too far below him?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

Fup lands hard on a branch below, but not too far below, breaking his fall

(10 = 10[d20]) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

Did this blow and fall render Fup unconscious?

(Somewhat Likely | 6[d10]) Yes. +Event: Negligence / Benefits

PC negative.

Fuptop lays on the branch totally knocked out, head bleeding. 
Does the Troll pursuit Fup?

(Somewhat Likely | 6[d10]) Yes.

The Troll lands on top of Fup, and nudges his motionless body.
Does Fup wake up?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes. +Event: Haggle / Masses

NPC Action.

Fup gains consciousness right as the beast is sniffing and nudging him, but Fup plays dead.
Does the beast go away?

(Somewhat Likely | 7[d10]) Yes.

Fuptoop waits a whole hour to make sure the creature has left the area. Mustering all his strength, he pulls himself up and sits against the great tree. Visioned blur and head pounding Fuptoop begins to laugh aloud.

Fuptoop: Hahaha, Finally, finally I am living the life I was meant for. 
He wipes his brow of blood and grabs his knapsack.
Does Fup have something to wrap his head in?

(Very Unlikely | 2[d10]) No.

Money is hard to come by for an ugly goblin and Fup knew he's be ill prepared on his first few hunting gigs. He instead reaches over and pulls off a few large leaves from the great tree.
He spends the next 20 minutes wrapping his now naked, exposed helmet-less head up in the large leaves. 
Does this help the wound and slow the blood?

(Somewhat Likely | 2[d10]) No.

The blood still flows, and Fup begins to nod off. Fup is no genius, but he knows he cannot continue in this condition, and it's getting dark. One missed step or encounter with that tree troll means death. 
Fup decides to retire from his hunt and head back to Ham Town farms and beg for medical aid, which could be a task that could last all night long because no one cares about Fup. 
Fup slides down the tree and treks across the farm ground. As he approaches the farm he spots an odd figure lurking around the yipkitty pin. 
Yipkitties are the property that the farmers have been losing to the wanted beast. 

Fuptoop: Well I'll be, there's my mark,
He pulls out his short sword so fast that the sudden movement causes him to lose balance.

Fuptoop: C'mon Fup, this is my time to shine, my glory, my passion. I cannot let my wound stop me from accomplishing my goals.

Does Fuptoop's Willpower allow him to focus and work through the effects of his severe head wound?

(Likely | 4[d10]) No.

Not even Fup's self motivating pep talk can help him shrug off the severe head wound. His head is pulsating, and his vision has him seeing double every so often.
Fup looks at the sun as it begins to drop over the horizon. He's losing light, and it's now or never. He scurries over to a safe distance from the beast, close enough to shoot but too far to make out what exactly it is.
Aiming his crossbow....he fires!

ENCOUNTER!!!!
Class: Animal
Characteristic #1 Tusks
Characteristic #2 Hooves
Size: Human Sized
Strength: More (Slightly above average)
Ability: Uh oh...I rolled "Gaze Attack", then had to roll the type of gaze attack and the result was "Death gaze". Meaning Fup dies if he fails to resist. This will be versus willpower which Fup has a good deal of.

This creature is a Mammo-fiend. A bipedal, hoofed, tusked, bulk of long shaggy fur that preys on animals, and is rarely seen in these parts of Osirol. This beast is hell for farmers, as one sharp gaze from his beast will have the whole herd dead in seconds.

Does my sneak attack crossbow bolt hit the beast in it's back?

(Very Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

(4 = 1[d20]+3) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

The bolt grazes the beasts arm doing little to no damage. Fup couldn't even hit a still target from the 30 ft away. Goes to show you the condition of his sight.
The beast turns around, surprised and enraged, it's eyes glowing gold. 
Fuptoop lies low in the 3ft tall grassy field for cover.
Does the beast spot Fup?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

The beast cannot seem to find where the attack came from but immediately starts walking in the direction on Fup, as it seems to be relying on it's nose. And Fup does not smell good at all.
Fup waits for the beast to get closer...then hops up and fires again, aiming for its leg to cripple it!
Does he hit the beast now that it is closer?

(Likely | 3[d10]) No. +Event: Adversity / A project

NPC Action.

The bolt flies between the beasts legs, missing. The beast roars and sets it's sights on Fup. The roar was sharp and cause loud ringing in Fup's throbbing head causing him to drop his crossbow.
With no time to pick it up, he readies his blade and charges the beast as it charges him.
Does Fup go first?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Fup leaps up at the beast for aerial slash attack, but did not get as much air as he could usually.
Does Fup land his blow into the creature's chest?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

The beast blocks the blow with its rock hard tusks, and then attempts to boar Fup before he could land.
Does it connect?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

The blow knocks Fup off into the air.

(16 = 16[d20]) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

The sudden jarring of Fup's whole body re-awakeens the massive pain in his head. Fup lands on his behind.
The beast charges. Fup reaches for his Flask of Gump Goo, a home-brew concoction of his native people. When thrown, this flask explodes with a boiling hot sticky slime straight from the bowels of Gump Finn Swamp.
Fup tosses this bad boy directly at the charging beast.
Does it land?

(Likely | 8[d10]) Yes. +Event: Malice / Weather

Move away from goal.

The flask explodes on impact releasing steaming slime onto the beasts fur. The beast screams in agony and anger as it tries to move but cannot. The sun is completely down, and Fup uses this moment to move toward the hanging lantern by the farm house. Fighting in this dark field is not wise. Fup makes way for the farm, tripping and falling as he makes some good distance, about 15ft from the creature. 
The beast starts to flail as the hot goo burns away its fur, and because of this, not only getting free, but avoiding the burning of it's flesh. The naked beast begins running after Fup, leaving a trail long brown and green slimy fur.
Fup picks up his crossbow on the way to the farm, and once in the light begins firing his bow.
Does the first one hit?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

The first bolt completely misses as the creature is about 15ft away and the glare of the light above Fup makes it hard to see in the dark field.
He fires again! Does it hit?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

(14 = 14[d20]) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

A bolt flies into the creatures torso, slowing it down a bit.
Fup fires again! Does it hit?

(14 = 13[d20]+1) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

Ffffewp! The bolt flies into the beasts leg as it approaches about 10ft away. It  lets out a roar as it's eyes blow gold. The vibrant glow catches Fups' eye. 
Is Fup tempted to gawk at the glowing of the creatures eyes?

Curious of the glow, Fup stops readying the next bolt and begins to gawk at the beasts eyes, but....a strong migraine comes about causing Fup to lose focus. Fup realizes he has to end this now. He aims and sets his sight at the beasts head. He waits for the beast to scurry and limp over to him and prepares to fire once the creature is 5ft away.
The creature approaches with glowing eyes,5ft away.
Is Fup lured into watching the creatures eyes before firing his bolt?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

The beautiful alluring glow of the beast's eyes causes Fup to hesitate and gawk at the glow.
Does the beasts gaze take it's final effect on Fup? (Versus Willpower)

(Unlikely | 1[d10]) No, and... +Event: Ambush / Intrigues

Close an event.

Fup snaps out of it, and just as Fup pulls his trigger, leaping off of the roof of the farmhouse appears a man with sword pulled way back for a finishing blow to the beasts head.
EVERYTHING SLOWS DOWN

Does Fup's bolt strike the Mammo-Fiend's head before the unknown man strike down the beast?

(21 = 16[d20]+5) Killed.

Fup's bolt lands right between the creatures eyes as the man's long sword slices and cuts the beast's head clear off.....
The man lands and looks at the corpse of the creature, then back at Fup. He stands at 6ft, jet black long hair, looks to be in his mid 20's dressed in tattered leather garb.

Unknown Man: ...This is my bounty goblin. I saved you, now get on out here!

Fup stands in awe at the gallant human Monster Hunter Hero, a sight of which he always wanted to see. Not realizing what was happening here.

Fup: Your a.. 
Monster Hunter: Get now! Get!
Fup: But...but.. I killed it, I shot it...
Monster Hunter: HA, you mean to tell me that your crossbow took this beast's head off? Look goblin, if you don't get out of here, this wont be the ony god forsaken monster I kill tonight.

Fup stood in shock, getting ready to lose all fought for, his first kill to another hunter.
The hunter walks over to Fup looking down at little 4ft Fup and nudges him with the tip of his blade..

Monster Hunter: I won't say it again.

Fup doesn't believe what he is getting ready to do, but knows it must be done. He has come too far to let his dream be snatched from him like candy from a baby.
Fup in a rage leaps up onto the man's chest and goes to thrust his sword into the man's neck, taking the man by suprise.
Does he thrust the blade into the mans neck?

The man shocked by the Goblins agility and combat skill stumbles back as the whole short sword has been plunged into his own throat.

(22 = 2[d20]+20) Killed.

Fup begins trembling and shock by his own actions. Tears begin to pour from his eyes, but he know's time shall not be wasted. He must gather the remains of the Mammo-Fiend, his short sword, and leave the area. He grabs the beast and runs off to the farm to turn in his mark.

To be continued.
(11-09-2014, 11:12 PM)JPeoplz Wrote: Chapter 2: Potatoes
Approaching the farm house, which seemed like a decade dragging this creature to, Fuptoop still shaken by his recent ordeal drops to his knees. He glances at his short blade coated in young human blood.

Fuptoop: Maybe...maybe they're right. We goblins are all monsters, we are all the same. NO! ...no ..no..He was taking my dream from me!
Fuptoop slumps back onto the Mammo-Swine's corpse and passes out, finally giving in to his severe head wound.
Fuptoop awakens to the sunlight beaming into the barn doors shining onto his face. He is laying in a pile of soft hay, relieved of all his belonging.
A tiny human child who was sitting by the barn door yelps and runs out of the barn shouting "It's awake, Papa it's awake". Fuptoop feels around for his blade and his bounty scroll, but these too seem to be missing with his bag. He notices his head is wrapped with real soft bandages and not the blood soaked leaves from the great tree.
Does his head feel alot better?
(9[d10]) Yes.
His vision has been restored and the sever aching has stopped completely, however just a slight throbbing where his head was split by the Barking Tree-Troll.
Fup stands up, and begins walking toward the door when a man enters the barn.
Intelligent fighter.
A tall bald man wearing farming clothes, carrying a battle staff on his shoulders enters the barn. The little girl stands under him gripping his leg.
Fuptoop stands silent.
The man pulls out the bounty scroll from his overalls, holds it up and says..
Farmer: This is your work goblin?
Fuptoop: Yes sir, I killed that beast for you sir, now your animals shall not live in fear.
Farmer: Well I'll be, your a literate goblin.
Fuptoop: I am a monster hunter!
Farmer: Bahahaha, are you now?
The little girl's eyes get big,
Girl: Daddy he's a monster hunter!!!! Can we keep him?
Farmer: Hmmph...Join us for breakfast Goblin. I have your items in my home. Come now.

Fuptoop follows the farmer's lead.
Fuptoop enters the Farmer's beautiful country home, and crawls up to the table. The farmer has a hot stew prepared for himself and his daughter. Sitting in the corner of the kitchen are a sack of potatoes, and a bag of coin.
Farmer: Goblin, please get down from my table, your breakfast is in that corner there. As well as your pay.
Fuptoop gets down from the chair and sits on the floor and begins chowing on on a potato. These potatoes are very large and should last him a good while.
SACK OF 12 POTATOES and 200 Osi AQUIRED
Current Equipment:
Iron Short sword
Iron Crossbow w/23x Iron Bolts
Full Suite of dirty leather armor minus the helmet
Knapsack
2 vials of Gump Goo flasks
SACK OF 12 POTATOES AQUIRED
Osi: 200
As Fuptoop eats his potato, there is a knock on the front door.
The Farmer goes to answer...as Fuptoop listens in on what is said
Farmer: May I help you?
???: Are you aware farmer, that there is a dead child on your property?
Farmer: A dead what now?
???: May we come in farmer Ascotta?
Farmer: Absolutley
Fuptoop looks around for his incriminating tool of murder but remembers that the farmer has not yet given it to him.
Does Fuptoop spot where his belongins are?
(9[d10]) Yes.
Fup spots his knapsack and blade tucked under the farmers coat next to the kitchen cupboard closets to the floor ACROSS the kitchen.
It is way to far to get to and hide without looking suspicious. Hopefully they do not spot it, however it is not out in the open.
Two men enter the kitchen with the farmer, and they both turn and look at Fup, then the daughter, then back to the farmer.
???: What is a filthy goblin doing in your home farmer?
Farmer: Little Fup here is my Yipkitty herder sir...you'd be suprised at how excellent goblins can scare Yipkitties.
???: This one can scared just about anything. Tell it to stop looking at me.
The farmer looks at Fup in a way that expresses that Fup should turn away for everyon's sake.
Fup looks away...also frightened by there iron suites of armor and skull faces helms. They stand 6ft tall with longswords on their waists and red robes laying over their armor.
???: We are going to search your home farmer...
Farmer: Im innocent , go ahead..
Do they begin their search in the kitchen?
(7[d10]) Yes. +Event: Refuse / Technology
Ambiguous event.
The 1rst guard begins walking around the shabby kitchen table, gliding his finger over the surface, as the other guard begins perusing the counters. The guard says..
???: Very very very old wares you have farmer
Farmer: My family has always been old fashioned. Everything handed down sir.
???: My family too...
They begin conversating, which appears to be distracting the soldier...
The other guard is making his way around the table on the side where Fup's belongings are.
Fup stares intensely at his stuff, he can see the blood stains on the knap sack from where he stands.
Does the guard take interest in Fup's stuff tucked under the farmer's coat on the floor next to the ground cupboard?
(4[d10]) No.
The guard stops halway, and pats the farmer's daughter on the head and says..
???: Have you heard noises last night farmer?
Farmer: No sir, w are heavy sleepers..
???: There is a trail of blood leading to your home..did you know that?
Fup: Thats because I slayed a Mammo-fiend last night that was creeping around the yipkitties.
???: Silence monster!
???#2: Is this true Farmer?
The farmer pulls out the bounty scroll and shows it to the men.
Farmer: I placed a bounty, and my goblin took care of it for me. Not only good herders but also monster hunters HAHAHAHA...
???: .....
???#2:.........
Do the soldiers buy this?
(2[d10]) No. +Event: Heal / The intellectual
Move away from goal.
???: Not only do you think us as fools in believing that this goblin can wield a blade, but you also defile the forests of Ham Wood?
Farmer: Come again?
The Guard holds up the bloody great leaf that once dressed Fup's head.
???: This was outside farmer. A leaf from a great tree. It is against the law to pluch and take from those trees!
Farmer: B..But that
???#2: Silence!!! 1200 Osi is the fine, or life in the dungeon
Farmer: I only have 300 Osi
???: Then off to jail you go...
The little girl jumps out her seat screaming and crying "Noooo daddy dont go"
Fup: I have 200 Osi! Please accept , this is all we have!
Fup holds up his sack of Osi.
The guard storms over and grabs it, and goes to stomp on Fuptoop
(3 = 2[d20]+1) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.
Fup falls back onto his sack of potatoes.
The Guard looks over at the child and back hands the 6 year old accross the kitchen
(9 = 8[d20]+1) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.
The girl slides into the cupboard.
The farm runs over to his daughter knowing that any retaliation will have them all killed, slowly. HammerSkull Guards are extremely brutal, and violent.
SkullGuard: We'll be back at the end of the week. If you dont have an additional 1200 Osi, your all getting hung.
The guards leave.
The farmer looks over at Fuptoop.
Farmer: Go...get out
Fup: But
Farmer: Get now! Get on out of here goblin and don't come back!
Fuptoop grabs his sack of potatoes, and walks out. Heading back to town to see what's up on the bounty board.
To be continued
Chapter 3
Fuptoop is on his way to Ham Town, it is this town where much hustle and bustle takes place, almost as much as Ham City,
So-called Monster Hunters and adventurers can be seen getting work from this small hub town. The bounty board is inside the Duggy Brothers Tavern, but they do not let goblins in unless they are dropping coin on food and drink. Fup was going to use some of his coin he earned from the farmer to get in the tavern and land himself a real contract, but thats not gonna happen now.

Fup: Maybe I can sell these potatoes for some coin.

Fup spends time in the village looking for a buyer, does he find one within a half hour?
(9[d10]) Yes.

Hyper champion.

Fup finds a giant burly man who had apparently just returned from an adventure. He is hungry and tired.

Fup: Sir, I have potatoes for sale from Ham Farm? You can have them for.....

Can Fup sell them for more than what they are worth using his low bartering skill + his natural goblin haggling skill vs this dumb guy with no respect for goblins?

(3[d10]) No.
Fup: 200 Osi?
Champion: 50 Osi...
Fup: 90 Osi...
Does he take it?
(7[d10]) Yes.

Fup makes his way to the Tavern, pays 30 Osi for a jug of human ale, and takes a look at the board
The listing reads...

#1) Slay the menace of the night! Something can be heard within the east market trading post at 1a.m every night and a  body was found slain the other night. Please someone put a stop to this. REWARD 2000 Osi

#2) Slay the evil under Ham Town's chapel. Father Estille has reported a curse being unleased under the chapel within it's resting area for the dead. Please investigate and put a stop to the evil beast below. REWARD Blessings and offerings from the church.

#3) Bring me the head of the Beast of Yukon Cavern! Traders are afraid to take the fast route to the city because of reports of a creature eating travelers as they try to past! REWARD 700 Osi and discount on wares from me Herl the oddity trader.

READER'S CHOICE!!!
Which bounty mark should Fuptoop pick?
All sound good, I vote for number 1
(11-15-2014, 02:24 PM)smw Wrote: All sound good,  I vote for number 1

Agreed.  #1.
CHAPTER 3 CONTINUED

Fuptoop reaches for the post that displays a shadowy sketch, titled "Slay the Menace of the Night".
The reward is what really got his attention. A whopping 2000 Osi.

Fup: Not only could I stash some of this and update my gear...I could pay the farmer some for the trouble I have caused. Make things right...or they'll die.

Fup's conscience is still bruised by the human life he took.
Fup heads outside the bar to see what time it is. Its the afternoon. He decides to ask people what they know about the creature in the East Market trading post area until night fall.
Does Fup manage to get enough info on the unkown sightings, killing, and the creature by nightfall?

(8[d10]) Yes.

(I rolled as "slightly unlikely")

Night is getting ready to fall, and many people ignored Fup or swatted him away, or threatened to call the guards out of fear that he was going to rob them. BUT, one man standing at the market stall packin gup his wares in a rush did give Fup some info.
He said...

Procrastinate / Weather.

Lie / Rumour.

Activity / Outside.

East Market Trader: I am usually one of few traders who are out late, but lately. Now I have not seen what "it" looks like, but I have seen that around 1am the weather becomes still, and an immense fog rolls through the market place, particularly that market stall and the alley next to it. People think I lie about this to attract customers to this area of the market place, but I tell ya, the sounds I hear out here are downright creepy.
They sound like..

Generously / Ancient.

Like old shambling creeks and moans. But I do not see a gosh darn thing. Say...why does a goblin care?

Fup: I am Fuptoop the Monster Hunter, and I will slay the creature. Do not fear.
Trader: Futpoof the Monster Hunter? HAHAHA your an ugly but dangerous looking little guy. Futpoof the Ugly Monster Hunter...
Fup: Its Fuptoop the..
Trader: AH Fuptoop the Ugly Monster Hunter!

Does Fuptoop know what the word "Ugly" means?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes. +Event: Travel / Advice

Remote event.

Fuptoop: Please, sir I prefer just "Monster Hunter" without the ug..
Passing Trader#1: Fuptoop huh, your gonna kill the thing huh? I'd grow in size a bit more If I was you Hahaha
Passing Trader#2: It's dangerous to go alone, take this with you...

The trader hands Fup a sack and says..

Passing Trader#2: Put this on your face, or else you'll scare it way and never kill it Hhahahaaaa

The group of traders laugh and make more remarks about Fup as they walk to their homes, wheeling their carts down the road.
Fup places his hand on his face...he never really put much thought in his looks, however he knows that humans cherish a wealthy, and famous hero over any handsome peasent.
Fup looks for a good vantage point for tonight's stakeout.
Does he spot a decent, reachable stakeout position?

(Likely | 7[d10]) Yes.

Ferociously / Clean.

He spots a pyramid of stacked barrels about 10 feet high, and goes to climb them. Does he have any issues?

(Very Unlikely | 3[d10]) No.

Fup: So I'll keep an eye out for thick fog. I am naturally low to the ground so I may be able to manage.
Fup waits for 1 a.m, does anything occur leading up to this point?

(Unlikely | 3[d10]) No.

Its 1a.m, does fog appear?

(Very Likely | 4[d10]) No.

Perhaps is it just a big rumor...no fog in sight. Fup crouched and peering in between the barrels squinting his little beady eyes.
Does he see anything?

He doesnt see anything, not because it is dark, for his species of goblin have low light vision, but just because theres nothing there! But theres is a strange, slow, dragging noise coming from the market stall. Fup, pulls his iron shor sword out in one hand and crossbow in the other and circles around the stall. There is a large rumbling chest tipped over.
Is there anything in it?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Stumped, Fup looks around. Does he hear the noise?

The noise continues but this time it is down the alley everyone has been talking about. Fup: Has any of these human felt that it would be a good idea to light that alley way? Fup looks around for a light source that he can bring with him.
Does he spot anything?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

Quarrelsomely / Festive.

Fup grabs a fancy lantern that was on the market stall. It emits a somewhat dim blue light, but light nonetheless. It's almost as big as his leg but light enough to hold up without issues. He tucks away his crossbow and journies into the alley way with light and blade drawn. The noise is getting louder. A strange noise, like the sound of something ...old. The noise stops. Fup bravely presses on down the alley and goes to hold his light up to reveal what it is.......

ENCOUNTER!!!!
Class: Alien
Characteristic: I rolled "Roll on INSECT table" so now I'll roll on INSECT table and rolled "Carapace"..
Characteristic: Now back on the ALIEN table, I rolled "Nightmarish"
Size: Human Sized Strength: Weak!!!! Because it is weak, I will roll 2 abilities for it..to spice things up..
Ability: Natural Weaponry
Ability: Concealment...uh oh

I deduce...that this is an ancient creature, a creature of evil magic. A very otherworldy-demon-like being plated in a hard shell-like coating. Its hunch over and wears a black cloak covering almost it's entire body. It walks on two legs but besides from that, it is hard to make out what is under the cloak. When it moves it makes such strange noises that sound absolutely disgusting like guts squishing and bones cracking. White eyes glow from under the cloak.

The moment Fup holds up the lantern the creature leaps out at Fup with sharp Mantis-like scythes which appear to be its arms.
Fup attempts to parry the lunge, does he?

(Somewhat Likely | 4[d10]) No, but...

The creatures unexpected ferocity and speed suprises Fup. Fup's attempt to parry had caused the ackward shambling creature to go off balance, but still caught Fup on the arm for

(9 = 10[d20]+-1) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

A slice... Fup drops the still lit lantern and leaps for a slash at the creature's head. Does he hit?

As the creature gains it's balance, he is met by a flying goblin who's blade makes sweet contact with the creatures head! Fup: Grrrrraaaaaaghghghghhhhh!!!!!

(13 = 11[d20]+2) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

The creature makes an odd pulsating noise that bellows within the bowels of Fup's head, almost eerily telepathic like.
Fup lands in front of the creature, does he go again while the creature is flinching?

Adreniline pumps through Fup's veins, as he thinks of farmer Ascotta and his daughter, he charges the creature with blad pointed for its core.
Does Fup make contact and bullrush the creature into the alley wall?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

(5 = 4[d20]+1) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

Fup's blade glances off of the creatures chest as if it hit stone, as Fup loses his balance for a bit. It is hard to see which parts of the creature is covered in this hard shell because of the cloak.
Does the creature take this opportunity to react?

The creature's cloak becomes almost liquidly-like and shadowy and wraps the creature up as a deep fog pours out from the creatures body and nigh vanishes!
Can Fup see the creature's whereabouts?

(Very Unlikely | 1[d10]) No, and...

Fup suprised by the turn of events looks around to see find his mark, but cannot see at all. Suddenly the scythe like arm strikes from the mist!
Does it hit?!

(Likely | 8[d10]) Yes.

(4 = 3[d20]+1) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

As Fup turns his head once more, the creatures sharp scythe arms glances off of Fup taking the top portion of his long big ear clear off!

Fup spins around with a slash, blindly hoping to connect with this mysterious, dark and unseen assailant! Does he hit?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 5[d10]) No. +Event: Inform / Allies

NPC Action.

He spins a swings at nothing except for slicing the thick fog in half.
Suddenly, a voice shouts accross the market square..

???: Go Fup! Kill it goblin kill it!
???: Kill it goblin! Kill it!!!
???: *Cheering

Fup looks up and sees everyone looking out of their windows spectating. Fup stands deep in the blue lit fog listening to all the cheers and jeers from the people of the East Market. It fills him with joy, and sense of importance.

Fup: They...they are rooting for me. Humans rooting for me!?
Spectating Villager: I just seen it! It's approaching! From behind you!

Another deadly swing from the creature slices through the fog, but Fup was ready for it!
Does it hit?

Fup ducks the swing and slashes in the direction of the creatures general area hoping to connect with a soft spot within the shrouded cloud of shadow and fog.
Does he hit?

Again hitting something very hard causing his blade to glance off of it, Fup goes for another. Is he able to strike again?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 4[d10]) No.

The creature vanishes, as it's shadowy presence sinks into the ground and under Fup's feet then out of sight.
Do any spectators see where it went?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 5[d10]) No.

Did Fup catch the direction it went?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 3[d10]) No.

Fup puts his back to the wall of stone building with eyes wide and blade ready.... Does he hear anything coming?

Fup hears the gutteral, squishing and cracking faintly approaching from his right. However he pretends to not notice it and purposely turns his back...
He plans of anticipating the stealthy lunge of the creature by ducking into a back roll under the creature's exposed legs, and then severing its leg.

As planned the creature strikes! Does fup duck? (lol Fup duck)

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and... +Event: Waste / Vehicle

NPC Action.

The creature swings and misses but destroys the wheel of the horse carriage next to the building. Fup then back rolls under the creatures leg.
Does he nail this acrobatic move? I mean he's an agile goblin!

(Very Likely | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Fup rolls under the creature successfuly but becomes slightly disoriented by the strange pulsating darkness he felt while rolling underneath the creature.
But it doesnt effect him long enough to deter his manuever.
He rolls and is now at the back right angle of the creature at leg length.
Fup winds back and swings wide with full strength to take off the creatures leg!
 Does he hit?

(12 = 9[d20]+3) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

Does he sever the leg?

(Unlikely | 2[d10]) No.

His blade slices a quarter way into the creatures hard exoskeleton as it moans a loud moan! Does this cripple the creature?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

The creature stumbles into the wall and begins to wrap itself in it's cloak again. Fup charges! Does Fup strike before it can conceal itself again?

(Somewhat Likely | 3[d10]) No.

Fup charges but the creature slides up the wall then leaps off of the wall and flee's into the fog. Does Fup see where it went?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 4[d10]) No.

Is there a trail of blood from the leg wound?

Fup looks down and sees a trail of bright glowing green plasma. Fup follows it while listening for it. Is he able to follow it to where it is?

(Very Likely | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Fup follows the trail back to the market stall that had the open chest. The trail stops, but the chest is closed. Fup yells up to those watching.. Fup: Who's sets up at this stall??!!! Village Spectators: Odd, havnt really noticed that stall there until now... Strange... The chest is hard metal and leather. Fup: It's in here... Fup gets behind the chest and prepares to open it as it faces away from him. Fup opens it, what happens?

Ambush / Victory.

A dark void emitting emitting from withon the chest begins to suck Fup over and into the chest! Fup gets his hand on the market stall and is holding on ever so tight! Can he hold on?

(Very Unlikely | 5[d10]) No, but...

He loses grip of the stall and gets sucked into the chest, but was able to keep a hold of his trust iron shortsword....

Fup falls and falls and lands on a dim lit stone floor Could he break his fall?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Fup lands and rolls gracefully with blade draen and ready. He peers around and realizes he is in a dark circualr room lit but torches. He looks up and sees nothing bark darkness. He looks down and sees stone floors. The walls look

Offensively / Odd.

The wall look strange and not of this world. The designs look like a language but none he had ever seen. They seem to be breathing...moving. Does he hear anything?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

Its dead silent. Does he see the trail of blood?

(Likely | 8[d10]) Yes. +Event: Ruin / Enemies

NPC Action.

Fup spots a splash of that same green plasma 10 ft away. Next to it a shadowy figure. Who knows how long its been standing there. Fup braces himself for the creature's attack for it is very dim lit wherever they are.

Fup: Show yourself! The creature limps out of the darkness and says
???: Habes multa fortitudine cobolorum Does Fup know this language?

Fup cringes his face as the world emit from the shadows all around him.

Fup: I don't know your language spawn!
Spawn: Et inebriabo cobolorum in essentia ; praepara

The creature leaps from the shadows in all it's glory. It's cloak is nowhere to be seen as it's filthy old brown exoskeleton reflects the distant torch light. Its Spider-like mandibles spread open and it's unscathed carapace of a torso appear so clear and immaculate. Fup ready for the attack uses foot work and begins hopping around in order to keep the creature guessing. Is the creature able to hit Fup?

(Unlikely | 5[d10]) No, but...

The Spawn swings and cannot land a blow as Fup's agility proves to be much for it. Fup spots and opening and goes for a thrust to the other leg, does he hit?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

(5 = 3[d20]+2) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

He misses the opening between the creatures exoskeletal legs and hits all shell. Does the creature react?

(Somewhat Likely | 3[d10]) No.

Fup rolls under the spawn's legs and goes for a thrust to the creatures pelvic region, aiming for spots between the exoskeleton. Does he hit?

(Somewhat Likely | 6[d10]) Yes.

(19 = 16[d20]+3) Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.

Fup's blade flies true, the blow is so lethal that the creature bellows and drops to the ground. It begins to crawl slowly away. Does Fup go again?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and... +Event: Antagonise / Prison

Ambiguous event.

Fup leaps onto the Spawn's back when... The darkness around them begins to move and shake, tremble and the stone floor begins to rumble. Fup realizes that the place is some sort of magical tomb. Spawn: Coboli minores et Nolle!!! Fup: You will die by my hand foul beast! A line that Fup has always wanted to say as a monster hunter Fup lifts his blade up and the plunges it into the spawn's head!

(14 = 4[d20]+10) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

The spawn bellows once more but still showing signs of life. The ground rumbles more...Suddenly Fups leg is entangled by the same silky, shadowy cloth as the cloak the spawn wore. It begins pulling Fup into the direction of the surrounding darkness. Is it successful at pulling Fup off of the spawn?

Fup still has time to slay the creature for good before this entire shrine is engulfed in darkness. Fup goes to plunge his blade into the head again

(33 = 18[d20]+15) Killed.

Blood sprays from the creature's head as it spasms and jitters.. Its eyes become a cloudy milk color and loses it's glow. Its blood all over Fup's leather armor and sword. The shadowy substance latches onto both of Fup's legs and then onto his arms. It begins to swallow him, can he shake loose?

(Unlikely | 2[d10]) No. +Event: Waste / Love

NPC Action.

The darkness completly covers Fup as he begins to lose breath and is smothered. The shadowy substance forces itself down Fup's throat and into is ears and eyes. Does this hurt?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Oddly enough it does not cause pain, but immense uncomfortablness. Fup begins to feel a stranged vibe, an energy of compassion and warmth from the shadow. Fup passes out.

How many days pass by?

8 = 8[d10]

Fuptoop lays unconscious on the corpse of the spawn, in a pile of green plasma. His blade lay next to him. Fup awakens... Slowly but surely he gains his vision. He is laying in a well lit shrine. Very similar to where he last remembered except, a lot brighter. This room is small, and at the end of the room is the same chest that he was pulled into. Accross from him are stone stairs leading up to a door.

Fup:...I'm starving

He looks down at the dead spawn, and smiles.

Fup: My second kill. And my meal ticket heheh.

He puts the creature on his small shoulders and begins dragging its suprisingly heavy corpse. Its almost twice his size. He heads up the steps and goes to turn the knob, but it is barred closed. He puts his ear up to the door.. Does he hear anything?

(Somewhat Likely | 1[d10]) No, and... +Event: Delay / Masses

Introduce a new NPC.

He doesnt hear anything on the other side. He turns the knob and begins pushing trying to break through. He suddenly hears a man..

Father Estille: Quiet evil spawn!!!! A brave adventure will be here any day now to send you back to where you came!!!!!

Fup...confused at first, but then it dawns on him. He is in Ham Chapel. He then smiles as a tear runs down his eye.

At last..things are really brightening up for Fuptoop....
To be continued.