Classic Fantasy Ironsworn - Eilwen's Tale
#71
Thanks @Colinmnash. That means a lot! It's the interest and the feedback that keeps me writing. (And wow... I'm impressed there are those out there who read this all the way through!)
Reply
#72
Hey Jingo,

I know you posted this a little bit ago but I'm just getting around to reading it (I'm a bit busy these days with a lot of other projects and responsibilities). Good to see you back. Was wondering where you went and was hoping you didn't just fade away. (Guess you were busy with other projects and responsibilities, as well.) Story's getting deep! As a player, don't you love it when these twists, turns, and narrative opportunities sneak into our games?
Reply
#73
(06-03-2022, 12:20 AM)Teviko604 Wrote: Hey Jingo,

I know you posted this a little bit ago but I'm just getting around to reading it (I'm a bit busy these days with a lot of other projects and responsibilities). Good to see you back. Was wondering where you went and was hoping you didn't just fade away. (Guess you were busy with other projects and responsibilities, as well.) Story's getting deep! As a player, don't you love it when these twists, turns, and narrative opportunities sneak into our games?

Thanks Teviko! I do enjoy the twists, but this one was hard to make fit for me, since Aron has been one of her staunchest supporters up till now. I wasn't sure how to proceed and it took some time to figure that out and write it up in a way that would make sense. Anyway, here's the next episode!

Episode 49
The next morning, the rain had stopped and a cold mist covered the ground. She ate mechanically when she heard a bell toll, its sonorous boom portending a doom she feared to witness.

She saw Caldas in the hall flanked by two guards. Two more guards stood by Aron. Caldas nodded to her as she entered. It looked as though he had slept little better than she.

Does Aron look defeated?
(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Aron sat, morose on a creaking chair, bound hand and foot. But under the depression, she saw a seething anger in his eyes.

Other leaders from her “court” were there: Grayce and Thorgunna and a few of her other personal guards, as well as Caldas’s advisors.

Outside, more guards tried to keep the crowd at bay. But Eilwen heard them shuffling behind the closed windows and doors waiting to see what would befall the Oathbreaker. Apparently, they didn’t know that he had not sworn fealty to her.

What now is Caldas’s ruling?

On the Action / Theme oracle:

84 = 84[d100]
Follow

38 = 38[d100]
Protection

“I have arrived at a decision.” Caldas said and nodded. The guards heaved Aron to his feet. “Aron, son of Cadfael, and brother to Eilwen. For actions of harm and violence committed within our boundaries, you are hereby condemned...”

Thorgunna exulted, leaning back, a satisfied smile on her face. Eilwen clenched her fists together and felt her throat constrict.

“...to permanent exile from these lands and--”

“What?!” Thorgunna shot to her feet, and lunged towards Aron as if to rip out his entrails with her bare hands. “He killed my sister! He--”

Eilwen felt so stunned she hardly noticed the other woman’s lunge. The guards were more vigilant and intercepted her before she could do any harm. They shoved her away from Aron and held her safe. She strove against them but was held fast.

“Throgunna, you will keep your peace, or you will be next to receive our judgment!” Caldas said, iron in his voice. Resigned, she stopped struggling, but the guards continued to hold her fast.

“Aron...you will be escorted without food or weapons or items, save the clothes on your back to a day’s journey into the northern forest. And should you show your face again within Longfalls, your life will be forfeit. This is our judgment.”

A sea of whispers churned in the morning air.

Caldas held his hands for silence and turned to Eilwen. “Let it not be said, Lady Eilwen, that when you are recognized as queen across these lands that my justice was not also without mercy.”

“My Lord, this unexpected kindness and mercy are noted and...appreciated,” Eilwen said in a small voice. Her legs felt weak. Aron would live!

“That is all,” Caldas said. “Guards, see that my judgment is carried out swiftly!”

The guards immediately shoved Aron out towards the doorway. He twisted in their grasp shouting and cursing. He gave Eilwen a parting glare that carried an iron-shard promise of death.

Then he was gone and out on the streets. Through the open door, she saw the crowd heaving about him and his guards. Some threw garbage and refuse and spit in his face. More guards arrived and shoved the crowd away.

Thorgunna cast Caldas an angry glare and then yanked herself free and also strode from the hall.

“Though your brother lives, I fear this was no mercy or kindness Caldas gave you, my Queen,” Grayse said, her eyes shifting to Caldas who talked in low tones to his advisors. “Your brother has murder in his eyes. I do not think we have not seen the last of him...”

“Maybe. But that is a problem for another day. For now... I will rejoice in the possibility that my brother may someday be reclaimed.”

“Pardon me for saying so, my Queen, but there is no reclaiming that one,” Grayse said.

“We shall see,” Eilwen said. Then she turned to Grayse.

“I wonder if this Caldas also plays some deeper game.”

Eilwen studied the handsome man for a moment and then turned back to Grayse. “How would you like to see the rest of Wolf Fang driven from these Ironlands.”

“It would please me greatly.” Grayse said, her jaw clenching.

“Good,” Eilwen nodded. “You will take my brother’s place then as Chief Captain of my warband.”

“Yes my Queen,” Grayse said. “But what of your personal guard?”

“I’ll take Thorgunna and a few others with me.”

“She will not like that.”

“I know, but if she remains here, she will try to avenge her sister’s death and will likely do harm either to herself or to my brother.”

“Would either of those be such a bad idea?” Grayse asked, pursing her lips as she watched Thorgunna move out on the street.

“Don’t get any ideas Grayse,” Eilwen said. “If Aron is meek and humble as a mouse, he is to be left alone. But if he threatens violence against you or me in any way from this point on, you are free to be rid of him. For now, can I not at least celebrate this final hope?”

“Just remember that this hope you have for Aron is only an illusion. Also, be careful of Thorgunna. She is a capable warrior, but she is a brazier of flame amidst dry straw...”

“I will.”

“When should I leave?”

“No more than three days. Caldas grows weary of our warriors here. Muster the warriors and what supplies you can. But forage from the land as you go. I would not see Longfalls stripped of all her foodstuffs.”

“It will be done,” Grayse said.

“I knew I could count on you,” Eilwen said, clapping the other woman on the shoulder. “I’ll let it be known that you are the new captain.”

“And when will I see you again?”

“When my business in the south is finished,, I’ll find you.”

Grayse nodded and left, eager to be about this new assignment.

Caldas finished speaking with his advisor and then approached Eilwen.

“Thank you again Master Caldas,” Eilwen said. “For sparing my brother.”

“I meant what I said,” Caldas replied. “I am not without mercy. I cannot say the same for that hot-headed Thorgunna. If she finds your brother, it will go differently...”

“She’s going with me.”

“She won’t like that.”

“So I’ve heard,” Eilwen gave a grim smile.

“When do you leave?”

“Within three days time, my warband heads north to finish off the Wolf Clan scum. I’ll stay on for some time longer to re-provision before I head south.”

Does he seem anxious to see her leave? I’ll say somewhat likely since she’s competition of sorts.

(Somewhat Likely | 2[d10]) No
I wonder why that is...

“South? You’re not going with your band?”

She decided to trust him. Her secret was out anyway. “No. I need to find the other half of this,” she held up the ornate crown. Though she had wiped Aron’s blood from its crenulated edge, some red flecks still remained. She blinked away the memory of his bloodied face. “I have sworn on iron...”

“Ironsworn,” he breathed and nodded with solemnity. “I should have known.”

“I will see these lands united, Caldas. For should I fail, our people are doomed to fade and diminish, consumed by the nature of these lands and their own pride.”

He searched her face then nodded and held out his hand. She gripped his forearm and felt his strong grip match her own.

“I pray that the fates be with you, Lady Eilwen. Whatever happens in your quest, know that my people owe you our lives. For that, we are in your debt. You have my thanks.”

“We could not have defeated Uzak without each other, Lord Caldas. The feeling is mutual.”

His face shifted to a warm smile. “Go in peace,” he said, gave a small bow, then turned and left.

---

Two days later, the war band moved out, led by Captain Grayse and other undercaptains on horseback. The tramp of feet shook the walls of the homes. Families watched them leave. Caldas waved them farewell and drums of the warband beat in cadence to their marching.

Grayse turned her white horse about expertly, and its white mane whipped in the wind, the hooves prancing backwards. She waved to Caldas and then saluted Eilwen, arm across breast, before turning her horse northbound.

Later that day, Caldas’s guards returned and brought word that they had fulfilled their Lord’s judgment of Aron. She yearned to go with him, to talk with him as they once had, to see his ready smile to--

She turned her thoughts back to the task at hand, as she and Valarie continued their preparations.

Sojourn again:
1d6+1 for heart +1 now that she had a bond.

7 = 5[d6]+2

7 = 6[d10]+1[d10]

A strong hit! She’ll increase two health (now 5/5) and two spirit (now 3/5).

She spent long hours resting from her wounds and even longer hours in the friendly company of Valarie, her rambunctious but full-of-life children, who were beginning to see Eilwen as some sort of aunt, more than a queen.

In the evenings, she often visited the folk of Longfalls, who were always eager to be next to fame and to give her their thanks.

Does Caldas keep himself aloof?
(50/50 | 3[d10]) No

Hmm. I wonder if there’s something brewing there. Or is he like stalking her to ensure she leaves...?

(Unlikely | 1[d10]) No, and...

Caldas even started visiting her, checking in to see how she was doing. He often brought something from the wild or something old he had found while hunting for her to look at: an old iron key, old iron arrowheads and some ancient nails.

Was he... interested in her, she wondered?

She had seen men look at her out of lust before, but Caldas showed genuine interest for her as a person--her well being, her character, her thoughts, more than just her looks. They passed days in long conversations on a variety of subjects. He manifest a keen mind, and she was not blind to a budding kinship that was beginning to form between them.

He brought the strange parchment of the giant Kildha again and asked her to re-read it to him. He had an insatiable interest in those who lived before the ironlanders arrived and an anxious wanderlust to see the world, but he felt duty bound to help the people of Longfalls.

What else do we know about Caldas?

Does he have family here?
(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes

Siblings?
(50/50 | 2[d10]) No

Parents?
(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Grandparents?
(Unlikely | 1[d10]) No, and...


His mother still lived. His father died when raiders hit the coast when he was young, and his mother carried him and his siblings into the Hinterlands and settled here. His two older brothers had moved to the havens. A sister had married a trapper in Shieldwick.

Character Goal:
Secure Provisions

Once Longfalls had enough goods to see them through the next winter, he hoped to explore the icy lands north to find Kildha’s burial chamber. But the settlement came first.

They enjoyed long walks across the hills and long rides on horseback. Two weeks passed in restful recuperation. He asked her endless questions about the Veiled Mountains. She in turn showed him some of the items she had collected in her journeys.

She found she enjoyed his company. He was intelligent, dutiful, but stubborn as a mule.

This calls for another Sojourn move.
3 = 2[d6]+1

9 = 6[d10]+3[d10]

A miss.
Miss Count 31/24
I’ll reveal what I rolled up shortly.

A few days later, back from dinner at Caldas’s table, she nodded to her guards who saluted and entered her rooms. Something wasn’t right. She noticed that a small bundle of her clothes she had laundered and rolled up for packing had been moved slightly, the bundle not quite as well done up.

Her eyes darted about the room. Everything looked place, but she saw tell tale signs of other things which had been moved slightly. Someone had been in her rooms and had, it seemed, been quietly and quickly looking for something.

Should she call her guards? But maybe they were the culprits. She pulled out her dagger and cautiously stepped through her rooms, looking for the intruder.

Nothing.

Are her guards or Valerie or her children hurt? This seemed pretty low-key so I’ll say unlikely.
(Unlikely | 4[d10]) No

She took a quick inventory. The crown was on her person in a napsack over one shoulder. She took it with her everywhere, as she did the pendant and her two swords. But the iron disks, those she...

She quickly moved to the small intricately carved wooden box and quietly opened the lid.

The disks of black iron, the disks her mother had given her, were missing.

And now, revealed:
On Pay the Price
24 = 24[d100]

Something of value is lost or destroyed.

I’ll roll a D5 for these:
(Crown, Sword 1, Sword 2, Iron Disks, Pendent)
4 = 4[d5]
The iron disks... hmmm...
Reply
#74
Episode 50
Eilwen questioned her guards, Valeri, and others in Longfalls about anyone suspicious who had been seen in or near her quarters recently.

Gather Information + wits
7 = 5[d6]+2
Technically 8 since she shared a bond with the community and gets a +1.

11 = 6[d10]+5[d10]

A strong hit. Helpful and specific. Since I have no idea, I’ll ask the oracle.

Action / Theme
29 = 29[d100]
Hold

72 = 72[d100]
Power

Someone who holds power. It’s someone in authority. It wasn’t Caldas, as he’s been with her, though he could have sent someone.

Who is it? (I rolled these up on Ironland character oracles)
Name  = Haf
Goal = Seek a Truth
Role = Miner
Descriptor= Cautious, Kind

I’ll say Haf is one of the advisors she saw with Caldas. As a miner, he leads the mining operations in the nearby hills. He was one of the advisors the day Aron was judged and he has the ear of Caldas.


Did he take it for Caldas?
(Somewhat Unlikely | 6[d10]) No, but...

No, though he does know that Caldas is interested in the Giant Kidha’s burial site, and is interested in seeking after that, and in discovering other old things in these ancient lands. However, he didn’t take the disks for that. He took them because of his goal:

Seek a truth

What truth does he seek?

48 = 48[d100]
Gather

68 = 68[d100]
Portent

He’s been having dreams or visions of some dire threat and the feeling is growing on him month by month, year by year. He’s tried to shut his mind to it, but the dreams and visions keep coming. He hides it well enough, though he often doesn’t sleep well. He wants to know the truth or have more proof about what’s coming before he tells anyone. He doesn't want anyone to think him mad which is why he didn’t ask Eilwen about it.

What doom is portending?
46 = 46[d100]
Mourn

8 = 8[d100]
Weapon

Mourn / Weapon

Does it have to do with the Sword of Myrddyn weapon she picked up from Uzak?
(Likely | 9[d10]) Yes

How long has he been seeing these portents? Long?
(Likely | 6[d10]) Yes

But who told him she even had the disks? Who even knows she has them?
Aron and Valerie and Seith would have seen her studying the disks now and then over the past few weeks. I don’t think she’s really looked at them much since she’s been at Caldas. It’s likely it was either Seith or Aron:
(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Interesting. Both of them together told Haf about it. Why? Probably because they were scared she might be turning into some kind of fell witch, and they convinced Haf to steal the disks to get them away from her. Seith also knows that Black Iron is a precious metal and those disks would be worth a lot and maybe he had ulterior motives to get them from Haf?

Of course, Eilwen doesn’t know any of this. Let’s see what happens.

For two days Eilwen asked about and ran a private investigation. Settlement folk reported that Haf, one of Caldas’s counselors, had been watching her place, often walking past it, frequently making excuses to talk to the guards, making small talk, and glancing in on her quarters now and then.

She went alone to Haf’s home to ask him about his suspicious actions.

Is he there?
(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes

Has he evoked any shadows?
(50/50 | 2[d10]) No

At least not yet.

Is he alright?
(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

But what...?

MAG Time! Smile
(trident with flames, surgical knife, cpu, magical energy, fireball, curved arrow symbol, spear in blue flames, sword in stone, envelope)

Is the room aflame?
(Somewhat Likely | 6[d10]) Yes

Wooden home?
(Likely | 9[d10]) Yes

Weather...?
19 = 19[d20]

Wind and rain whipped about her with torrential force as she jogged through the muddy streets to Haf’s home. She kept her hood up, her head bowed against the storm. As she neared, she saw firelight--a lot of firelight. Black smoke churned from a window, not the white smoke of homey cooking fires.

She glanced through the window as she ran to the door. The neighbors’ doors were shut tight and windows shuttered against the sudden storm. The sound of water on roofs plus thunder and lightning made it unlikely anyone had noticed.

“Haf?” she called out through the window.

The older man, large and burly, with well-defined muscles for a man no longer in his prime, sat at a desk. He wore a scraggly beard. Parchments and scrolls with odd drawings and designs surrounded him and lay scattered over a worn desk. (envelope)

Through the window, Eilwen saw that the man held a sharp knife mere inches from his wrist (surgical knife), his face a grim mask of concentration, muscles bulging, hands shaking, knife quivering, eyes unblinking. Tears marred his face, and his mouth yawned open in a silent scream frozen in time. An oil lamp had fallen to the floor, its contents splattered across furniture and walls, flames had not yet touched Haf, yet they spread across the floor and walls greedily consuming everything.

Under his wrist, she spied the iron disks, ready to catch his blood should it be spilled.

“Haf!” she called and tried the door.

My MAG interpretation. He read something (envelope) on the discs (computer core). There’s a high flame signature. Some fell magic is at work. I think the iron discs (computer core...cpu...) are trying to get him to plunge the knife into his wrists (arrow symbol) and cut himself open (surgical knife, sword, trident) spilling the blood on the disks to activate something. I really do love the MAG; it’s one of my favorite rpgsolo tools!

Is the door locked?
(Very Likely | 7[d10]) Yes

The door didn’t move. She rammed the door with her shoulder.

Face Danger (Iron) to break through the door before the man does self harm. Her iron isn’t the best...

5 = 4[d6]+1

16 = 8[d10]+8[d10]
Oh wow. This is not good at all. A miss. And double eights is a bad bad match...
(Miss Count 32/24)

The door did not budge. Frantically she looked for another way inside.

Windows big enough to get through?
(Somewhat Unlikely | 4[d10]) No

Does he cry out in pain?
(Somewhat Unlikely | 6[d10]) No, but...

She darted to the window--but she saw no way through--just as he plunged the dagger into his left wrist and drew it down towards him in a ragged gash. He flinched but didn’t cry out. Blood, dark and viscous, pooled and ran down his left arm and onto the disks.

“Haf!” She screamed just as thunder jarred the night, mocking her cry. The air about her began to tingle and thrum, and a dark foreboding came over her. She backed away from the door.

I have an idea of what to do, given the above match but want to see if the oracle spurs anything cooler. What is the nature of the bad match...?

16 = 16[d100]
Evade

66 = 66[d100]
Community

Okay let’s combine that somewhat with my idea

Out of the blood, shadow oozed and leaked from the disks. It mixed with the blood and fire and smoke. It dripped on the floor and pooled with other shadows in dark corners. The mixture formed a small whirlpool in the center of the room that grew larger and larger, a dark rotating mist with streaks of red. Orange cinders and red embers were also caught up in it. Larger and larger still it grew. And beyond that a black...something...yawned. It seemed to be a circular midnight disk outlined in blue light that twisted and revolved nearer and then stopped into a sort of...doorway (evade community). Shadowy tentacles writhed out of that place, wrapped around the now unconscious Kef, pulling him from his chair and starting to drag him and his bleeding wrists nearer.

Eilwen watched in horror. She looked up, blinking against the rain. Above her, an answering storm swirled its dark menace outside the man’s abode. It pelted her with rain and speared tridents of lightning across the sky.

She had to get inside and save the man and her metal disks!

She’s going to try and get that door down to try and rescue him again! Face Danger again.
3 = 1[d6]+2

6 = 1[d10]+5[d10]

Whew. That’s actually a weak hit.

She slammed into the door once, then twice. Finally, on her third try, it burst open and she stumbled inside.

(Loses 1 momentum for the weak hit now at 0)

The shadowy tentacle had pulled Haf halfway across the still-burning floor...and into a cooking table that had collapsed from the fire.

She darted first to the desk and snatched up the blood-smeared disks off the table. She thought she felt the writhing shadows under the skin of her palm as she picked them up. She shoved the compact set of disks in her pouch and darted to help Haf.

Does he catch fire?
(Somewhat Likely | 6[d10]) Yes

His boots and leggings caught on fire, his mouth still open in a silent scream. The fire didn’t seem to hurt the shadowy thing, whatever it was.

She drew the Sword of Myrddyn, its green light glowing like a pale hot fever and slashed at the tentacles.

I’m going to rule that this sword does affect this creature, whatever it is. This is a legendary artifact of sorts. Though mechanically it doesn’t do anything.

I’m not going to do a full combat. She’s just trying to get it enough strikes to make it release him and then will pull him to safety. So a Face Danger instead.

Face Danger with Iron again to cut the tentacle and free Haf.
5 = 4[d6]+1

10 = 9[d10]+1[d10]
That’s a weak hit. Troublesome cost.

She rushed deeper into the room, slashing left, then right, then jumped over the burning half-collapsed table. The flames and heat made the moisture in her cloak hiss and steam up around her in white puffs.

(I’ll say the water protects her from the fire initially.)

She looked about. A wall on fire crackled on her left, a cluttered desk and the open door behind her. In front of her, a swirling vortex of black, blood, and flames.

Her sword severed another nearby tentacle of shadow, and its severed piece dripped down upon her, bleeding black, before dissolving into nothingness. Another dark appendage wrapped around her leg, hissing through her pants and into her skin with a cold otherworldy frost that exceeded anything she’d felt from the Veiled Mountains. She gasped in pain and sliced through it with the Sword of Myrddyn, freeing her leg.

Then reaching Haf, she grabbed one hand about his hair and pulled as she cut other tentacles that came near.

(She takes 1 harm. Now 4/5)

Endure Harm
5 = 1[d6]+4

10 = 5[d10]+5[d10]

That’s a miss with ANOTHER negative match--though not as severe. (Miss count 33/24 and momentum is now -1)

What happens for the match? Not sure. I roll 23 and 78 on Action and Theme:
Manipulate
Idea

We’ll do that in a bit.

Face Danger with Iron to pull Haf quickly to safety while keeping the appendages at bay.
8 = 6[d6]+1
14 = 10[d10]+4[d10]

A weak hit. Troublesome cost.

(She loses a point of Spirit. now 2/5)
Endure Stress
4 = 2[d6]+2

11 = 3[d10]+8[d10]

A weak hit. You press on.

She pulls him free and out into the rain and cold muddy street, where the deluge quickly hisses out the flames on his lower body.

With the disks no longer in the room do the shadows and the strange gateway dissipate and disappear?

(Somewhat Likely | 2[d10]) No

Ah of course not. She’s going to have to do it herself.

She sheathed her sword, pulled out the disks in one hand, and began to chant, tracing symbols in the air, but before she got too far, a negative pressure began to build in her mind.

Does it sound like it’s from her mother?
(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

Whatever this thing is, this mind that touches hers, felt entirely alien to Eilwen, and she recoiled from it. She tried to shove it from her mind.

She loses 1 spirit.
Endure Stress.

7 = 6[d6]+1

10 = 1[d10]+9[d10]

That’s a weak hit. It’s enough to push the mental manipulation away.

Now she needs to close down the vortex in the burning home.

She chanted the words and the symbols hung in the air, painted on a canvas of rain-water night. She finished with the Skaed rune, poignant with power, the symbol of shadow, of night, of darkness. Then she drew the opposite symbol, that of daylight, of the sun, to hopefully cancel it.

Blue streaks of light clung to the darkness awaiting her final command.

Shadow Walk + 3 + 1 from the last check box on the ritual’s card:

6 = 2[d6]+4

8 = 2[d10]+6[d10]

A weak hit. From her Shadow Walk ability, she adds +1 momentum, so back up to 0/10 now. Whew!

The force pressed against her, but she shouted her defiance, and as lightning speared the earth nearby, the vortex pulled back, obeying her chanting.

Then the vortex vanished, leaving only the roaring flames. The tongues of fire began to lick at the base of the desk.

She felt physically drained, and for a moment she fell to her knees in the sucking mud, gasping for breath.

She loses 1 health, now 3/5.

But then she grimaced. Those parchments and tomes on his desk looked important. She dashed back inside to try to rescue them.

Face Danger + edge

5 = 3[d6]+2

12 = 6[d10]+6[d10]

Oh wow! A third miss (miss count 34/24) with ANOTHER negative match!
I’ll roll the Pay the Price table for the miss.

40 = 40[d100]
The current situation worsens

The flames flared up to the desk just as she darted inside. She tried to pull at the tomes and scrolls, but they crumbled and flaked under the roaring heat and the heat and forced her back outside.

(She loses 1 health, now 2/5)

That’s for the miss and now for the negative match...

Lightning slashed the weeping sky, and a shadowed gloom bled from the skyward wound and settled as dark pall upon the town. She felt a fear and a malevolence grow upon her moment by moment.

“Haf,” she whispered, kneeling in the mud next to him as the unnatural gloom closed about them. She shook him. He groaned at her touch.

She looked up and saw that a dark creeping mist oozed thick like tar from the torn sky. The thick mist drenched the stars beyond the clouds with inky blackness, and one by one, this strange palpable darkness blotted out their pale lights. Soon even the sound of rain grew muted, though oddly she still felt its cold clamminess, and felt mud sucked at her boots. Her heart thrummed in her ears in desperation. Other sounds grew more prominent, such as the chittering of mad whispers on a black wind.

“Oh Haf, what did you do?”

Thoughts:
It’s crazy how this spiraled down a bad path from one simple failure on a Sojourn roll. I love it! Also, multiple negative matches are really bad! I don’t know if she’ll survive this. She’s injured, her Momentum has bled dry, and her Spirit is teetering on a 1. Yikes! But this is what heroes are born for, right?

Eilwen
Iron +1
Edge +2
Heart +1
Shadow +3
Wits +2

Health: 2/5
Momentum: 0/10
Supply: 3/5
Spirit: 1/5
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)