How often do you like to play?
Question 
As many of you have probably figured out by now, I tend to visit RPG Solo a great deal.  Recently I suffered a health setback which has likely deafened me permanently in one ear, so the site has quickly become my go-to both for distraction during treatment, and as a potential replacement for my tabletop habit entirely, should I not recover.  But my circumstance is pretty particular to me, which makes me wonder what it's like for other folks here.

I make an attempt to play every couple of days, at least, and it's easy to tell from my activity in that area of the forum.  Not everyone else has the time nor inclination to do the same.  Some go days or even weeks between sessions.  Some play once or twice and never do so again, either because they didn't find the experience satisfactory, or because they were swallowed by a giant sinkhole.  There are no other options than those two, by the way.  Smile

Do you use solo play as a supplement to, or substitute for, traditional tabletop play with a group?  Do you feel like you need to drop in regularly to keep things interesting both for yourself or those following along?  Do you only play a solo session when you're super-bored?  Tell me all about it.
(04-27-2018, 06:15 AM)Sam Wrote: As many of you have probably figured out by now, I tend to visit RPG Solo a great deal.  Recently I suffered a health setback which has likely deafened me permanently in one ear, so the site has quickly become my go-to both for distraction during treatment, and as a potential replacement for my tabletop habit entirely, should I not recover.  But my circumstance is pretty particular to me, which makes me wonder what it's like for other folks here.

I make an attempt to play every couple of days, at least, and it's easy to tell from my activity in that area of the forum.  Not everyone else has the time nor inclination to do the same.  Some go days or even weeks between sessions.  Some play once or twice and never do so again, either because they didn't find the experience satisfactory, or because they were swallowed by a giant sinkhole.  There are no other options than those two, by the way.  Smile

Do you use solo play as a supplement to, or substitute for, traditional tabletop play with a group?  Do you feel like you need to drop in regularly to keep things interesting both for yourself or those following along?  Do you only play a solo session when you're super-bored?  Tell me all about it.
I frequent RPG Solo quite a lot, but I'm not very active in the forums or even in play sometimes. After many failed attempts on doing a tabletopRPG with my friends, but never satisfying my need to tabletopRP, I looked online to play solo and lo and behold I found this gem of a website. Unfortunately, I seemed to be cursed though. I'm repeatedly started out on a new story and RPG system, but never seem to get past the beginning until I lose my motivation and creativity. I did a Bloodborne RP a long time ago and I just haven't had the motivation or inspiration to go again. I'm currently on another story right now and its slowly developing, but the tell tale signs of my stagnation are showing. Otherwise, I probably would've posted a lot more of RPGs I created.
I'm an occasional user of RPGSolo - my free time is pretty full with traditional tabletop RPGs, so I'm not at all starved for RP.

What I -have- found RPGSolo incredibly useful for is when the GM can't make it. Everyone but the GM is there, but no GM - so I pull up the website and we run some completely random shenanigans, heavily supplemented by DonJon's utilities for randomized dungeons, encounters, and whatnot. Some of our most hilarious moments have come from the sheer chance of the dice rolls, and those moments have forever cemented the random GM as a very useful tool in our gaming toolboxes.