Science Fiction Free-form - Doctor Who
#1
Who am I?


Attentive servant.

Who do I serve?

Humorous swarm.

I am the personal assistant of a U.S. Congressman.  Which one?

Vulgar scholar.

A chain-smoking Latino representative from Texas who has the most education degrees of anyone in the House.  Representative Pedro Hermano.  Does he treat me well?

(Likely | 7[d10]) Yes.

My first day on the job... I'm looking for ANYTHING having to do with UFO's.  Do I uncover anything?

(Very Unlikely | 2[d10]) No.

I try to make friends with my co-workers.  Are there any?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

How many?

1 = 1[d4]

Male- 1 or female- 2?

2 = 2[d2]

A woman.  Is she friendly?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

She needs help with something.  Does it involve UFO's?

(Very Unlikely | 2[d10]) No.

What does she want me to help with?

Intensely / Glorious.

Persecute / Home.

She wants me be the Representative's #1 for a day since she has to have the Security System at her new house installed.  I AGREE!  Does she leave soon?

(Very Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Change / Dreams.

She says to stop snooping.  She doesn't know what I'm looking for, but to leave all the files in the drawer.  Totally busted.  I agree.  She leaves.

I start wringing my hands and getting Hermano's stuff for him.  He comes in.  He asks for his things and then asks about his other assistant (name starts with...)

10 = 10[d26]

J, Jody.  Got it.  

Whats the plan today, sir?

Disable traps at the headquarters.

Make sure a certain bill doesn't get to the floor.  It would defund education initiatives.  How can we do this?

Psion.

Rep. Hermano explains that he has a "feeling" that the opposition will try something sneaky.

So the solution is to not let them get the floor.  Hermano determinedly walks to the capitol Committee Chambers.

I decide to return to the office to look for UFO's.

Will I be missed if I look for 4 hours?

(Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.

Did I find anything in 4 hours of searching?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

Yay!  What did I find?

Old sonic screwdriver.

WTF!

I return to Hermano.  Is he still in the building?

(Very Likely | 8[d10]) Yes.

After pocketing the screwdriver, I look for Hermano and find him in the rotunda.  "Sorry, sir I got buried in a filing project..."

Does he believe me?

(Somewhat Likely | 2[d10]) No.

"What's going on?  Is our friend with the filing project in charge or am I?"  Disgruntled, Rep. Hermano shakes his head.  "What on Earth are you filing that takes all morning? Que?"

Quickly thinking, I reply, "I pulled out the old paperwork and didn't collate it, so I had to refile everything.  Thankfully, I got it put back exactly where it was before.  So, no problem."  

"Just lost time."

I nod.  

What does he need me to do now?

Destroy the smoke-filled mental institution.

Rep. Hermano rants about how the the other representatives are obsessed with slashing the budget.  He wants to save a particular homeless shelter from losing funding.  In order to do that, they need to fill out papers that they have no clue about and submit a fee, they probably don't have, in order to secure their funding for the future.  Take the papers to the shelter, explain that they need to fill them out and return them with $1000 filing fee before the end of the day.

Holy crap!  I get the papers from the Rep's office.  Once obtained, I head out.  Smooth sailing, right?

(Very Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)