Science Fiction Wars of Private Kosl
Atmosphere: Breathable mix
Temperature: Warm
Biosphere: Immiscible biosphere
Population: Millions of inhabitants
Tech Level: Tech Level 3. Twentieth-century technology.
World Tags: Freak Weather, Heavy Industry

The Joverian 901st Regiment

2nd Company
3rd Squad
Private Kosl

The lander bucked as it dropped through the atmosphere, I always had a mixture of apprehension and excitement during a deployment with not a small dose of fear, taking a deep breath I try to focus on my Squad NCO.

"...Securing the industry in sector 7AF is vital and should take preference over any other immediate objective including the lives of any local civilians, recall your briefings and watch out for changing weather now brace this could be hot"

Does the lander take fire before it lands?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No. +Twist: NPC / Appears

I notice the Sarge cock his ear to one side as he tries to hear some last minute message, "understood sir", "Squad listen up, additional objective we will be joining up with

Imaginative agent.

..an undercover agent who may need our support they carry rank and should be obeyed without question, challenge will be Lexington answer Window"

The lander makes a secure landing "Go GO GO", we pile out and form a perimeter.
Do we meet hostiles?

(Somewhat Likely | 1[d10]) No, and... +Twist: NPC / Appears

The agent is waiting for us and beckons our Sarge over.

"Squad Agent Asp will be accompanying us and may need to re direct us at short notice, until then we will support the company in securing our sector, scouts out move"

Am I a scout?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

I jog forwards on the right flank of the squad, moving from cover to cover my fellow two scouts mirror me to the left.
Any contact?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

Left Scout 1-3
Centre Scout 4-6
Me 7-9
Other 10

8 = 8[d10]

Light 1-3
Medium 4-6
Heavy 7-9
Other 10

5 = 5[d10]

A machinegun opens up on my position from one of the industrial units,
am I hit?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

(6 = 6[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

(11 = 11[d20]) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(8 = 8[d20]) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

As I dive for cover I am peppered by shards of stone, a ricochet goes through my side and out without causing any real damage but it leaves me bleeding and trapped behind a concrete bollard.

The squad re-orientates to engage the enemy fire.

Do I have an advanced med kit?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

Damn if only we had been resupplied with that instant sealant gel we had last time, making do I dress my wound with gauze and bandages from my kit.
Does the medic reach me yet?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

The fire fight is picking up, raising my assault rifle I let off a couple of rounds at the area the enemy fire is coming from without exposing myself as such I doubt I hit anything.
Of the squads 20 have we lost any?

(Likely | 3[d10]) No.

Surprisingly despite the weight of fire the squad manages to silence the enemy fire without taking any losses. The medic makes his way round patching up the lightly wounded of whom I am the worst off.
Does the Medic have any of the advanced gel?

(Very Likely | 5[d10]) No, but...

He does have some pain killers and gets me fixed up where I can continue with little restriction.

Moving up the squad clears the industrial unit the enemy was firing from, are any of them still alive?

As the first trooper enters the unit, the enemy fire returns,

(1 = 1[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

(14 = 14[d20]) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

The blast throws her back through the door with her left arm in tatters, as we spread out grenades are thrown in followed by bursts of fire and a five man assault team.
The medic drags her out the way and does what he can until a medevac can be sent out to her.

Do the assault team make it inside with out casualties?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

(4 = 4[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

(19 = 19[d20]) Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.

(10 = 10[d20]) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(8 = 8[d20]) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

One of the team takes a head shot and goes down, the other four have managed to push the enemy back into the room and taking cover behind some industrial pallets the rest of the squad moves in.

I throw myself behind a large section of something solid looking and take stock. The squad is spread out over the width of the room using any cover they can find, sporadic exchanges of fire are traded.

I can see a few enemy bodies strung out and glimpses of movement and muzzle flashes from the far end of the room.

The Sarge orders us forwards and as per pattern Alpha half of us laydown covering fire whilst the others sprint to the next available cover.
Any hit?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Losing patience agent Asp orders us to assault the enemy, I hear her override the Sarge with a muttered losing time.

Does the sudden assault take the room?

(Somewhat Likely | 5[d10]) Yes, but...

We take hits?

4 = 4[d10]

(17 = 17[d20]) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

(14 = 14[d20]) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

(13 = 13[d20]) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

(1 = 1[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

We succeed in clearing the room however we have another three down injured, outside a medevac hover lifter arrives and we load the four wounded and one body in.
Does it get clear?

(Very Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

there are no further signs of resistance at this time.

Re grouping we move out, myself and the one remaining scout take point.

Is the rest of the company moving forwards on their objectives?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

The company is meeting less resistance than expected, no sign of any heavy ordinance yet

Moving into the edge of the objective area the terrain becomes more dense and the potential ambush points increase as we try to avoid the wide open roads.

Reaching the edge of the main road the squad moves up into cover as the Sarge asks our opinion.
"We have to cross Sarge and this is no worse than anywhere else its going to be a bitch but if we have to get to the central factory then we have to cross this road somewhere and its this wide open all around."
"Shit, Agent Asp of you have any ideas now would be the time?"
Does she?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

"Sargent there is no time to go over or under even were those options, your objective is to secure this factory intact and mine is to secure some of the contents and the longer we take the less chance there will be of either of us succeeding."

"Kosl, Hass, you two move out and try and scout the other side see what we are facing here"

Looking at each other we tighten our kit and prepare to sprint across,
does anything happen before we move?

As we get half way enemy fire try's to track us

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

(18 = 18[d20]) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

Hass takes a shot through the chest, "Sniper" the shout goes up behind me, running for my life I try and keep some pipes and gantries between me and where I think the fire came from.
Do I make it?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

(6 = 6[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

(10 = 10[d20]) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

I take another knock and flesh wound but successfully reach some cover the other side.

Moving carefully I attempt to scout out the enemy this side.
Do I succeed in spotting them first?

(Very Likely | 8[d10]) Yes.

Light 1-3
Medium 4-6
Heavy 7-9
Other 10

6 = 6[d10]

I spot at least 5-10 enemy troopers scattered around the immediate area and signs of recent vehicle movement although no idea what sort.
I message the squad using hand signals and then as they prepare to throw smoke and run across I move to try and flank the enemy squad setting up a machine gun.
No sign of the sniper.

Do I make throwing range?

(Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.

As the smoke grenades go off and the squad makes its move I leap forwards and hurl a grenade at the Machine gun post, throwing myself to the side behind a steel pillar I then throw another grenade at the rear area hoping to catch some of the other enemy squad moving up.

(11 = 6[d20]+5) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(14 = 9[d20]+5) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

(9 = 4[d20]+5) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(17 = 12[d20]+5) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

The first grenade takes out both of the machine gun crew and leaves the screaming in pain.

Does the second grenade get anyone?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

3 = 3[d10]

(23 = 18[d20]+5) Killed.

(19 = 14[d20]+5) Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.

(25 = 20[d20]+5) Killed.

Even more effective the second grenade kills three of the enemy who had bunched up as they ran forwards to engage my squad.
With 5 down how many enemies are left from the original 5-10 I Saw?

2 = 2[d5]

Do they stay and shoot or run back into the complex?

Turning they both run back into the factory complex joining any other defenders.
Did the hidden sniper get any one else in the squad as they crossed?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

(24 = 19[d20]+5) Killed.

(23 = 18[d20]+5) Killed.

Two more of the squad were killed by the sniper despite the smoke.

Re grouping the remaining 12 of us plus the wounded Hass who was picked up as they crossed and Agent Asp, secure our immediate area as the Medic goes to work.

"Kosl, great job, outstanding. We need to move into the centre here and secure this building" consulting his digital tablet the Sarge orders us forward spread out to cover the main entry points facing us.

Moving in we take up covering positions and survey the area.
I take position behind an abandoned heavy lifter, with a pallet half raised.
Looking down across the huge space we realise we are on a raised area over looking a sunken centre which has a ramp at the rear leading back up to ground level.
We can see two trucks being loaded by a large lifter as it moves barrels and pallets carefully into them.
Agent Asp calls us all over "The contents of those two trucks are worth more than our lives, more than securing this factory intact. You will not risk damaging their contents we must capture intact and there will be consequences for failure."

We can see a number of enemies milling about in a panic beneath us.
Number of soldiers?

7 = 7[d10]

Number of civilians?

4 = 4[d10]

As we watch we see the two survivors from their defence outside run out towards the trucks, they are clearly explaining we have overrun the external defences, suddenly one of them turns to run and is shot in the back by a officer, the other is cuffed and pointed over towards the rest of the guards forming up and moving into covering positions facing us.

Moving into the building we get the sense of scale as the size of the place dawns on us, moving down to the lower level we are on our guard as we approach the opening to where we have seen the enemies.

As the first of us glance out a shot ricochets from the door way.

Glancing at Agent Asp the Sarge orders us to enter moving quickly for cover aiming to capture the trucks intact.
Throwing our last smoke grenades we burst into the open area and rush for the scattered cover...

1 = 1[d10]

(15 = 15[d20]) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

One of the squad goes down, I don't have time to see who, as I leap over them and crash heavily into some cover.
Pallets and industrial machinery is scattered about and the size of the area combined with the sparse defenders means we had a better chance of making it than usual.

How many loads are left before the trucks are complete?

8 = 8[d10]

With four loads per truck and only one loader we have some time to work with.
As the squad exchanges fire with the enemy guards we leap frog forwards.

8 = 8[d10]

9 = 9[d10]

(7 = 7[d20]) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(19 = 19[d20]) Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.

(5 = 5[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

(11 = 11[d20]) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(12 = 12[d20]) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

(2 = 2[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

(18 = 18[d20]) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

Four of our squad go down wounded during this fight

Any one critical?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 1[d10]) No, and...

The Medic is able to help stabilise all but one of them who dies.
The enemy

(7 = 4[d20]+3) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(13 = 10[d20]+3) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

(10 = 7[d20]+3) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(5 = 2[d20]+3) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

(17 = 14[d20]+3) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

(9 = 6[d20]+3) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(23 = 20[d20]+3) Killed.

(8 = 5[d20]+3) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(22 = 19[d20]+3) Killed.

three enemy guards killed and another badly wounded, the remaining three all took some minor wounds but continue falling back to guard the trucks.

During this of the eight pallets they loaded?

4 = 4[d8]

As the remaining active seven members of our squad plus Asp move up the defending three guards and three civilians not engaged in loading the trucks make a final attempt at stopping us. During the fight and eventual close quarters:

6 = 6[d6]

4 = 4[d8]

(7 = 7[d20]) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(17 = 17[d20]) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

(12 = 12[d20]) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

(5 = 5[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

Three of our seven suffered wounds, including?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Sarge, Medic, Asp, Me and one other trooper remain active.

(19 = 16[d20]+3) Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.

(6 = 3[d20]+3) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

(17 = 14[d20]+3) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

One of the guards and one of the Civilians also were taken out of the fight,

4 = 4[d4]

All the trucks are now loaded and the driver of the loader makes a run for the front truck as the remaining four enemies also make a run for the trucks.

We chase after them, Agent Asp opens fire at them as she runs,

2 = 2[d4]

(21 = 16[d20]+5) Killed.

(15 = 10[d20]+5) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

Killing the civilian loader and wounding the remaining soldier

I shoot at the enemy officer

(9 = 4[d20]+5) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

he staggers but keeps going almost to the second truck. The Sarge opens up on the civilians nearing the trucks.

4 = 4[d4]

(16 = 11[d20]+5) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

(13 = 8[d20]+5) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

(18 = 13[d20]+5) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

As we survey the scene there is plenty of noise from the wounded on both sides but only the enemy officer I winged seems conscious enough for interrogation.
As Sarge moves to speak with him, Asp shoots the officer through the head. She stills the Sarge with a menacing look the gun still firmly in her hand.

Securing the trucks Sarge informs company we have secured our objective but are in need of medevac and replacement as we lack sufficient active strength to defend it.
Agent Asp is also busy calling something in and within twenty minutes we hear the noise of lifters landing outside the rear ramp, Matt black transports speed down the ramp and disgorge a squad of troopers dressed all in black.

As some of them begin to approach us in a menacing fashion me and the Sarge ready our weapons in a panic only for Agent Asp to signal them away.
Turning to us "Thank you for your help, I can't share the contents of these trucks with you but needless to say they are vital to our objectives and whilst we were never here I am sure you will be honoured for succeeding in your mission to secure this factory intact."

Turning she jogs over to the unmarked vehicles and with the efficiency of an elite unit they are gone within minutes

No offer of aid or medevac was made, an hour later our company finally gets us a reinforcement squad to assume control of the defence whilst we are rotated to the rear for debrief.

Of the wounded 12 members of the squad

4 = 4[d12]

four would not recover enough to resume active duties and were sent home.
12 of the original 20 survived the mission and as we awaited debriefing back at base camp the recovered wounded trickled back to us.

The Sarge was called to a senior debrief and part of me expected us to be quietly snuffed out to protect what ever secret was in those trucks, rarely would we have been rotated out so quickly from an active combat zone but I endeavoured to make the best of some unexpected r&r whilst ignoring the cloud over my shoulder.

Despite my fears we were slowly reinforced back to strength and the invasion was progressing much easier than expected so the whole company had been rotated back to reserve and I was enjoying a unexpected rest period.

Sarge had recommended me for a decoration in his debrief along with the medic and some of the other guys, whilst some tin held limited appeal for me the pay bonus would be more than welcome.

Did I win an award?

Common - Bravery under fire ribbon 1-3
Common - Bravery cross 4-6
Uncommon - (UVC) Uncommon valour Cross 7
Uncommon - (JC2) Joverian Second class cross 8
Uncommon - (JC1) Joverian First class cross 9
Rare - (OJKC) Order of the Joverian knights cross 10
Nothing 11-12

9 = 9[d12]

(JC1) Joverian First class cross, The company was formed up to receive the Commander of the Division who handed out the awards granted to the members of the company after the opening three months of the war.

I proudly received my JC1 the grey cross standing out on my chest.
The medic next to me received the

12 = 12[d12]

Nothing after he rejected the award saying he would only wear his Medics medal.

9 = 9[d12]

The Sarge also got a JC1, the cynical part of me wondered if this was to help us keep quiet about the trucks however as they could have just shot us I decided not to dwell on it.

Was the Sarge promoted?

(Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.

The Sarge became our Companies 2nd Lt.
Was I promoted?

(Likely | 8[d10]) Yes.

I took over the squad as Sarge.

Were due to be rotated back to the front tomorrow, after the easy start this campaign has become bogged down as the enemy call up unexpected reserves, I hear we are being deployed to a ruined City, I hate City fighting too many chances to die without seeing the enemy.

Turning I order my Squad to load up into their two newly issued HOAT's (Hover operational armoured transport).
'The Storm is clearing Sarge getting radio back..' 'Let me know as soon as contact is re-established.'
Turning I unbutton the commanders hatch on my HOAT and take a look at the surroundings the storm has left us in.

"AJAX this is YETI copy", my throat mic cuts through the dying wind, "Copy YETI this is AJAX, prepare to unbutton and resume advance on my command", "Copy AJAX, YETI out".

As both of my squads HOATS begin to power up to hover I survey the damage wrought by the storm.

'Damn the whole regiment is strung out piece meal after that battering' 'Radio for your Sarge... "AJAX this is PORTER the regiment is to advance on Sector 879L our objective is the town 10 clicks ahead, copy", "That's a Roger PORTER, AJAX out".

The Regiment command breaks over the audio in all our vehicles, "901st Lift and shift" Almost as one we move off, a full mechanised hover regiment is a sight to behold.

Our Company has 9 HOAT's and our initial objective is to clear our sector as we approach the outlying settlements to the town.

What do we come across first?

Disinfected desert.

Floating over a glass like desert, we see the effects first hand of the limited yield tac nukes deployed last year.

Navy beach house.

Being a coastal town the next obstruction in our way is a Naval supply base 4 clicks from the town.

Is it deserted?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

Are they hostile?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

Do they get the drop on us?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

Damn sensors still chewed up by that storm, the base looks deserted but... 'Go slowly and watch for enemy activity'.

Do they have heavy anti armour?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 8[d10]) Yes.

Is it running low ammo/power?

(Likely | 7[d10]) Yes.

How many shots can they put out?

6 = 6[d6]

What is its rate of fire?

5 = 5[d6]

How many of the 6 shots hit?

3 = 3[d6]

Do any hit my two HOATS?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

3 = 3[d3]

All three hits are against my two HOATS DAMN IT!

(2 = 2[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Dent.

(6 = 6[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Dent.

(17 = 17[d20]) Severe Damage: Incapacitating and may become Critical if not addressed.

YES = AJAX NO = YETI

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

Two shots glance off YETI with no damage but the third smashes my HOAT from the sky.

Any casualties?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Huh against all the odds we all get out unharmed but the Hover drives are shot to pieces on AJAX.
Can YETI carry us too?

(Unlikely | 1[d10]) No, and...

We take cover, can the Regiment get a recovery to us?

It is already on the way, are we ordered to wait pick up or foot slog onwards?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Are enemy ground forces now engaging the Regiment?

Are they staying defensive in the base?

Are any other HOAT's lost?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

Casualties are taken during the assault.
Does YETI lose any one in the assault?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

10 = 10[d10]

All ten of our squad mates in YETI were butchered by an ambush as they disembarked the HOAT.
Are we recovered to take part in the fight for the base?

(Unlikely | 4[d10]) No.

Reaching the base we see the end of mopping up, finding out we have a new HOAT to replace our recovered one is a bitter pill when we realise it is because the other half of our squad are all out of action.
Were any medevac'd?

2 = 2[d10]

Only 2 survived to be taken for treatment the other 8 died outright.

The Regiment moves on, to the final obstruction before the town, only 1.5 clicks out.

Gas giant apartment building.

Some sort of Gas refinery, is it defended?

(Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.

Can we call in any support strikes?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

Air?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes. +Twist: Organization / Helps the hero

Our request for an air strike proves to be more than we could have hoped when a squad of Beltas levels half the refinery with incendiaries.
Is there any resistance left?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

Following after the strike the regiment moves into the refinery area and engages the beleaguered enemy.

We encounter resistance
Light 1-3
Medium 4-6
Heavy 7-9
Other 10

10 = 10[d10]

Humanoid mercenary.

A unit of Mercenaries numbering

3 = 3[d20]

Are they armoured?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes. +Twist: Physical event / Hinders the hero

Swoop.

Although only three in number they appear to be swoop infantry armoured and equipped with limited jet packs.
Getting the drop on them 'Engage with our Singer' Two troopers position our support gun and open fire on them

Do we hit?

(Likely | 3[d10]) No.

Does the rest of the squad hit?

(Likely | 9[d10]) Yes. +Twist: NPC / Appears

7 = 7[d10]

(13 = 18[d20]+-5) Moderate Damage: Hampers functionality significantly; will require repair/mechanical attention.

(-1 = 4[d20]+-5) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Dent.

(-4 = 1[d20]+-5) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Dent.

(2 = 7[d20]+-5) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Dent.

(-3 = 2[d20]+-5) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Dent.

Due to the armour only one hit from our conventional weapons causes any real damage knocking out the swoop jet on one.

Chaste knight.

As we brace for return fire a chrome armoured figure strides out from our flank and opens fire on the remaining two.

5 = 5[d5]

(9 = 9[d20]) Minor Damage: Largely superficial; degrades performance, but not disabling.

(5 = 5[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Dent.

(5 = 5[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Dent.

(11 = 11[d20]) Minor Damage: Largely superficial; degrades performance, but not disabling.

(1 = 1[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Dent.

Despite its more impressive armaments it only causes minor damage on one of them. However it does draw all threes return fire from us.

4 = 4[d9]

(7 = 7[d20]) Minor Damage: Largely superficial; degrades performance, but not disabling.

(10 = 10[d20]) Minor Damage: Largely superficial; degrades performance, but not disabling.

(17 = 17[d20]) Severe Damage: Incapacitating and may become Critical if not addressed.

(8 = 8[d20]) Minor Damage: Largely superficial; degrades performance, but not disabling.

The combined fire from the Mercs rocks what I can now see is a Chastens MIV Knight suit, 'Damn look at him go, didn't know we had any Chastens deployed in this sector' My troopers comments are cut off as taking damage it falls into some rouble.

'Stop gawking and fire!'

Does the support gun hit this time?

(Likely | 3[d10]) No.

The rest of the squad?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

7 = 7[d10]

Of the seven we scored some rear hits

2 = 2[d7]

(0 = 5[d20]+-5) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Dent.

(24 = 19[d20]++5) Destroyed.

(17 = 12[d20]++5) Severe Damage: Incapacitating and may become Critical if not addressed.

Both rear shots took down one of the undamaged Merc suits, leaving the jump damaged one which as it turns back to us takes a flurry from the fallen knight suit.

5 = 5[d5]

(19 = 14[d20]++5) Critical Damage: Requires immediate attention; clearly disabling if not immediately desctructive.

(11 = 6[d20]++5) Minor Damage: Largely superficial; degrades performance, but not disabling.

(7 = 2[d20]++5) Minor Damage: Largely superficial; degrades performance, but not disabling.

(17 = 12[d20]++5) Severe Damage: Incapacitating and may become Critical if not addressed.

(15 = 10[d20]++5) Moderate Damage: Hampers functionality significantly; will require repair/mechanical attention.

With all three Merc's down we advance across to ensure they are out and to capture any tech. Does the Knight stay around?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Only to order us onwards stating they will mop up here.

Regrouping with the regiment how many HOATS are left from the 9 our Company began with?

9 = 4[d9]+5

No more HOATS have been lost but some casualties are inevitable.

Are we assaulting the town today?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but... +Twist: Physical event / Hinders the hero

As we prepare enemy..

Tank.

Pathogen.

Armoured forces open fire from the town along with static defences forcing us back out of range, a chemical attack forces us to button up tight again and wait the all clear before the assault can begin.