Shared story?
Hey RPGers,

Is anyone interested in creating a shared story or game session? Somewhat similar to a play by post session but using the rpgsolo engine.

The way I see it happening would be as follows:

1. We create a thread on the ‘Actual Play Reports’ forum for our shared story.
2. Chose a genre, create our world and our characters. Let’s maybe keep it to no more than 4 or 5 players the first time though. Or I’m even happy to do a test run with just one other - something real short. We can post our character bios first up in the thread. 
3. Rules. I think for the first time out we keep it free form and open.
4. Play! The first person has a short session, the next player builds on that and so on. We can choose someone to be a GM or we can go it totally without a GM and see where the engine takes us.

I’ve always dreaded those play by post forums because of the amount of writing you have to do. Players are encouraged to write huge descriptive posts. I like the quick and easy play of this engine.

So is anyone interested?

Bingo
(02-12-2018, 08:06 AM)Bingo Wrote: Hey RPGers,

Is anyone interested in creating a shared story or game session? Somewhat similar to a play by post session but using the rpgsolo engine.

The way I see it happening would be as follows:

1. We create a thread on the ‘Actual Play Reports’ forum for our shared story.
2. Chose a genre, create our world and our characters. Let’s maybe keep it to no more than 4 or 5 players the first time though. Or I’m even happy to do a test run with just one other - something real short. We can post our character bios first up in the thread. 
3. Rules. I think for the first time out we keep it free form and open.
4. Play! The first person has a short session, the next player builds on that and so on. We can choose someone to be a GM or we can go it totally without a GM and see where the engine takes us.

I’ve always dreaded those play by post forums because of the amount of writing you have to do. Players are encouraged to write huge descriptive posts. I like the quick and easy play of this engine.

So is anyone interested?

Bingo

I would be interested in giving this a go it will be interesting to see how others interpret the tool and write stories.
Cool. Any ideas for a genre?
(02-14-2018, 08:26 AM)Bingo Wrote: Cool. Any ideas for a genre?

I'm fine with any genre but I have experience using the engine for Sci-Fi and Fantasy.
Ok I might start a test story in the Sci Fi genre as it’s my strongest.
Heh. How about that? I was thinking it might be interesting to try this very thing today and then saw this post. I'm somewhat interested. Don't be offended if i don't keep up with it though. I find I enjoy the laid back nature of solo rpging.

Also, Sci Fi isn't my forte, but I'd be willing to give it a try.

I don't think we'd need a GM though, since the tools essentially take the part of a GM.

If you're okay having me join, might I suggest that we limit the content and language to a PG-ish rating? I personally don't enjoy heavy profanity or overt adult themes; plus my kids often hover around me when I'm on my computer. But if that crimps anyone's style too much, no problem, it's no skin off my back. I can always go back to my solo gaming. Peace out!

(Enjoying my content? Want to show your support? Consider joining my Patreon at Roll, Ponder, and Play!)

(02-15-2018, 04:13 AM)Jingo Wrote: Heh. How about that? I was thinking it might be interesting to try this very thing today and then saw this post. I'm somewhat interested. Don't be offended if i don't keep up with it though. I find I enjoy the laid back nature of solo rpging.

Also, Sci Fi isn't my forte, but I'd be willing to give it a try.

I don't think we'd need a GM though, since the tools essentially take the part of a GM.

If you're okay having me join, might I suggest that we limit the content and language to a PG-ish rating? I personally don't enjoy heavy profanity or overt adult themes; plus my kids often hover around me when I'm on my computer. But if that crimps anyone's style too much, no problem, it's no skin off my back. I can always go back to my solo gaming. Peace out!

Welcome to the party Jingo I think the more the merrier for this experiment. I also like the laid back play of solo rpging so we can just play as and when we want and the story will slowly build and more people may also join in time.
Ey, thought I'd chime in and say this sounds like a fantastic idea. I'm actually on these fourms often enough, and since I'm working on my own solo thing here, I'd like to have a second obligation to remind me to come back here and keep an eye on things. If you'd have me, I'd love to be a part of it. I already kinda know what I'd like to do with a Sci-fi character.
Everyone is welcome to jump in!
Please come over and join :-)