Zombie Apocalypse Giving it a try
#1
It was my first time trying anything like RPG solo, and I decided to use a rule set I found here though I altered some things that I found harder to understand. (Like, for ranged weapons I decided to just keep track of ammo I had since it have no instruction on how to find out the max for weapons and the like.)

Hope you enjoy and please feel free to comment any thoughts! I'll post more later on.


-----------------
The pounding of my head made me hiss, hand moving to rub at my throbbing temples. Everything was foggy, like a cloud swelled my mind and I almost instantly regretted sitting up as dizziness overwhelmed me. What happened to me? And... wait, just who was I? Think... Think...

Passive-aggressive conspiracy theorist

O-oh god, that's it. That's why I can't remember anything... THEY must have found me and.. and.. did something to my head. I can't even remember who they are, just this feeling in my gut. They're everywhere aren't they, hiding everything they do in their shadows. I opened my eyes, rubbing the bleariness from them as I looked around. Just where was I?

Disease-ridden barracks

My skin crawled as I felt myself grow chilly, rotting corpses with little more than mush in place of their heads littered what looked like metal bunk beds. Where the hell am I!? My body was shaky and weak as I pulled myself to my feet, a better scan of the area showing tattered pictures of people in uniforms and old used medical instruments. Okay, okay think. You have no idea who you are, where you are, who brought you here... is there anything you can think of? Anything...

Piloting

Agriculture

Clouds... soaring high through the sky... yet the earth between my fingers felt just as much as home there. I remember, I used to fly a private plane for someone, but for who I cannot remember. And the times that I wasn't off the ground I was busy digging in it, growing both food and flowers. Though now it seems that I am just in some sort of murderous hell. Was I going to be the next one? But.. by the smell and look these things seem like they've been down for a while. It's too quiet here, it makes me feel on edge. Is there anything around here that might be useful?

41 = 41[d100]

4 = 4[d6]

Sword

Chainsaw

Metal-bladed weed trimmer

Colt revolver (.45 cal)

An old antique sword hung on the wall, I assume as some sort of dull bladed memoir of past soldiers since by now it was obvious I was in some sort of military bunker. A chainsaw in the corner was rusted and worn, a weed-eater beside it with equally rusted metal blades. Though peeking out under one of the bodies I spied some sort of gun, and figured I may as well take my chances. Even empty maybe it'd serve as a scare tactic. I shuddered as I pulled it out, wiping the congealed blood from it on an old sheet. Before leaving, though, I decided to grab the sword as well just in case. It might be useful. I take a moment to look over it's quality and check if the gun had any ammo.

Sword

58 = 58[d100]

Revolver

86 = 86[d100]

22 = 2[d8]+3[d8]+5[d8]+2[d8]+3[d8]+7[d8]

Though the sword had definitely seen better days but at least it's blade was sharper than expected. The gun was fully loaded and I was even able to find some extra bullets nearby as well so I definitely don't just have it for show now. I take a breath and take my first steps outside...

Do I encounter a Zombie?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes

Is it Mutated?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

It must've been a soldier because it's still wearing some armor.

Exiting the barracks, the area outside seemed about as well off as it was inside the building. Corpses littered what looked like some sort of camp, almost all of them missing their heads. Just what is all this? And most of these ones don't even look like they were a part of the military at all! If I wasn't already a woman I'd probably be embarrassed to admit that I squealed like a girl when suddenly a not-headless corpse twitched a few times and started to get up with an outstretched arm towards me. I would've probably tried to see if he just needed help if he wasn't already missing several vital organs that littered the ground beneath him with a brownish goop. Yet he stood, dragging his stiff jointed body towards me as I stepped back. Was this some sort of biological weapon the military developed? Was I getting close to finding something out? Is that why I'm here? I didn't have much more time to think as he was approaching faster as he worked the stiffness out. I grabbed the sword and took a desperate swing.

Do I hit?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but... +Twist: PC / Alters the location

I swing wide, ending up slicing open one of the nearby tents as I stumble back. The sound of something clambering from the falling tent seemed to distract the moving corpse long enough to regain my bearings. It didn't take very long for the thing to turn back to me and start closing the distance once again. I pull the gun up and start to try and aim for the head like I saw all the corpses before missing. [Aiming: +2 Acc, +2 Dmg][Called Shot: -1 ACC]

Does he reach me?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes

Aiming was possibly my downfall as he came faster and faster and soon was right in front of me, hands lunging towards me.

Does he hit me?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No

Did I lose my focus on aim?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No

Perhaps it was luck, or perhaps it was just the adrenaline coursing through my veins but I kept my focus. His grasp faltered as he stumbled over part of the shredded tent and I took the shot.

Do I hit?

(Somewhat Likely | 1[d10]) No, and...

The bullet flew past and he came up with a vengeance, swiping each hand towards me in quick succession.

Does the first hit?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes +Twist: Organization / Helps the hero

Does the second hit?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

(7 = 7[d20]) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

(14 = 14[d20]) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

The first swipe connected, tearing the long sleeve of my shirt away as I instinctively raised it as a guard and leaving me with a minor scratch. The second hit is what made me scream as the second claw-like hand carved the bare flesh of my arm like it was butter. Thoughts flooded my mind, I wasn't a fighter, I was going to die here by this creature... But a shot suddenly rung out through the air and a flinched as thick, stinking blood splattered my face. The creatures head was gone, the remnants of it covering the tent I destroyed earlier. I just stood there, stunned for a while before the pain in my arm brought me to my senses. My eyes snapped towards where the gunshot came from...

Quixotic professional wrestler

...I must be dead. I must of been killed just now, and my mind is playing tricks on me because who stood before me but Z9, one of the most popular fighters from WWW the World Wide Wresting. Just standing there in all his hulking glory, albeit a lot more clothed than I usually see him and with a rifle being re-strapped to his back. My head throbbed, why is it I can remember things like this but nothing about myself? I almost squealed when he was suddenly beside me and looking over my arm, only actually squealing when he pulled me over his shoulder and started to carry me off. "H-Hey! W-where are we going?" I panicked, though he stayed silent until I was shoved into a van. I remember vague shapes, other people, but everything soon went black as I felt a pinch... something injected into me? And then... darkness...
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tsushimii for this post:
  • Kaptin_Random
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)