Zombie Apocalypse Ridding the world of the Undead, one corpse at a time.
The front gate is at least 8 feet tall with decorative carvings in the metal frame. There is a small box with a number pad off to the side probably for opening the gate from a vehicle but there is also a large sturdy looking locking mechanism in the center of the fence with a small keyhole in it. Does the lock look to be tampered with?
(50/50) Yes
Upon closer inspection I notice the paint is chipped and the metal is scraped and dented in places.
"Looks like someone was trying to get in. " I say to Karen well thumbing through the keys on the keyring until I get to the gate key. "I hope this still works" does the lock still work?
(50/50) No, and...
"Shit! I can't even get the damn key to fit in the fucked up keyhole anymore." I say well tossing the useless keys back into my bag. "We are going to have to find another way in." I tell Karen with a frustrated look on my face.
Can Karen help in anyway?
(50/50) No
"I use to be in Gymnastics back in high school but I don't know if I would be able to climb this fence without hurting myself on those spikes at the top." Karen says well giving me a sad look.
"Hey don't worry about it. We will find another way in." I tell her well already walking around to the opposite corner of the fence that we came over here by. "I wouldn't want to risk you getting hurt anyhow. If anyone is climbing that fence it's gonna be me." I say with a grin.
"My hero." Karen replies with a sarcastic smile. Can we see another way in from the other side of the house?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No
Damn nothing. I don't want to go around to the back as I already promised Karen we wouldn't have to go near that damn clown.
I really don't want to have to climb that fence. I seriously doubt I could make it over that without damn near killing myself. Does the fence look like it could be dug under?
(50/50) Yes, and...
Just as I am about to start climbing to my death I spot a small gap under the fence not any bigger than what a small squirrel would of dug to get under the fence.
"Hey look at that." I tell Karen well pointing to the small hole. "Maybe we can dig that a little bigger and squeeze on through."
"Maybe we can use that crowbar of yours to open it up." Karen says well pointing to the tool belt around my waist.
"Good idea." I tell her while pulling the crowbar from my tool belt. Am I able to dig the hole big enough with the crowbar?
(Likely) Yes, and...
Turns out the dirt is pretty soft here and I am able to quickly open up the hole to a sufficient size for me and Karen to be able to squeeze through. "I will go first." I tell her while sliding my bag and guns under the fence to the other side in front of me. "Here goes nothing." Can I make it through the hole without getting stuck?
(Somewhat Likely) No
Just as I get my head and shoulders into the hole I realize I horribly misjudged the size of this hole as I am now completely stuck. "Oh shit." I say while kicking my feet around trying to dislodge myself. Does Karen realize that I am in trouble?
(Likely) Yes
"Should of took it easy on that can of spam fatty" Karen says with a giggle before grabbing my feet and giving me a push.
"Screw you." I reply with a laugh. Can Karen help push me through the rest of the way?
(Somewhat Likely) No, but...
Karen pushes with all her might but I am not going anywhere. "You know this would probably go a lot easier if you helped too." Karen says with a huff.
"I thought you had this Muscles." I say with a grin. If I wiggle around while Karen pushes can I make it through?
(50/50) No
"Push harder." I say while starting to get a little worried now. Karen let's go of my feet and grabs ahold of the bars and pushes on my feet with hers. Is this enough to save me from a very unfortunate death?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes
Just as I am about to give up hope the dirt around me gives way and I break on through to the other side.
I start humming a tune in my head as I stand up on the other side if the fence and brush the dirt off my jacket. "Took you long enough." I say with a sarcastic grin as I look over at Karen who is now obviously out of breath.
"I could of just left you stuck in the hole to be chowed on by the first walker that happens to stumble on by." Karen replies with a smile well handing me her crossbow and rifle before climbing down into the hole herself. Can she make it through with no problems?
(Likely) No
Karen makes it about halfway through the hole before a big layer of dirt breaks loose from the bottom of the fence and falls on top of her trapping her in place. I can make out a small muffled yelp before I quickly drop down and grab a hold of Karen's hands. Can I pull her out?
(Likely) Yes, and...
I lean back and pull hard on Karen's hands. The dirt finally lets loose and Karen is pulled from the hole as I fall backwards with Karen landing right on top of me.
Karen spits out some of the dirt while taking a deep breath. "I thought I was a goner!" she says while looking down and realizing she just spat dirt in my face. "Oh my god I am so sorry." she says brushing away the dirt from my face.
"It's quite alright," I say grabbing a hold of her arms and pushing her up with me. "Looks like we are even now." I tell her while reaching over and patting the dirt out of her hair. She gives me a funny smile. "Now that we have successfully made it through that damn fence how about we grab our stuff and head inside?" Do I see any zombies nearby?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No
Looks like we are safe for now. We work our way back around to the front of the mansion and up the white paved driveway. As we near the front entrance to the mansion I signal for Karen to stop as I take a close look for any signs of renfair zombies.
(50/50) No
Any regular Zombies?
(50/50) No
Is the front door to the mansion closed?
(50/50) No, and...
I don't see any zombies but I notice right away the front door to the mansion is lying on the ground next to the dark opening leading inside. It looks like it was ripped right off the hinges. "Damn this doesn't look good." I mention to Karen while scoping out he rest of the front yard. Any cars sitting around?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes
2 = 2[d5]
There is a nice Bentley sitting off to the side of the driveway and a Hummer H2 parked right in front of the stairs leading up to the entrance. "Nice cars." I say while starting to walk towards the Bentley. Upon reaching it I stop before opening the doors carefully examining the car to look for any blinking lights on the dash or anything else that would signify the alarm being on. Do I spot anything?
(50/50) Yes, and...
Sure enough there is a small blinking red light on the dashboard which more than likely means the damn car has an alarm on it. "Well we better not mess with this one." I tell Karen while pointing to the blinking light. She nods her head as we mosey on over to the Hummer. Do I see any alarm on this one?
(50/50) No
I don't see any obvious signs of an alarm being on. Lets try the door handle. Is it locked?
(50/50) No, and...
The door opens right up revealing black leather seats with yellow stitching and an immaculate interior. "Very nice." I say well glancing in the back seat to check for anything. Do I see anything?
(50/50) Yes
Is it a zombie?
(Somewhat Unlikely) Yes, but...
Is it dead dead?
(50/50) Yes, but...
Is there more than one?
(50/50) Yes, and...
4 = 4[d5]
Skinless zombie
Eyeless zombie
Little girl zombie
Giant zombie
Jesus there are 4 dead zombies stacked up in the back like firewood. I see Karen peeking through the back window before looking up at me with a questioning look on her face. I shrug my shoulders at her before turning back around to look at the dash. Anything there?
(50/50) No, and...
Nothing on the dash how about behind the visor?
(50/50) No
Well no key is it in the ignition?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No, and...
Damn guess my dreams of cruising out of town in style are unlikely to happen. Lets check the glove box.
(50/50) Yes, and...
I open up the glove box and a picture falls out onto the floor. Picking it up and turning it over I am hardly surprised to see a selfie taken with Jacks crazy ass posing next to a dead skinless zombie like it's some kind of trophy buck. Inside the glove box is a fat stack of more pictures. I thumb threw a couple and they are all similar pictures of Jack posing with dead rotting zombie kills. Wow ok so now I understand the pile of dead zombies in the back seat. An idea pops into my head and I pull out the key ring I found on Jack. I wonder.
(Somewhat Likely) No
The first one of the 3 unknown keys i try doesn't even fit in the ignition. ok lets try the next one.
(Somewhat Likely) Yes
Sure enough the second key is a perfect fit. I turn it back and the lights kick on in the dash. Does the Hummer have gas?
(Somewhat Likely) No
The gas gauge isn't going up. Damn it looks like it ran out of gas. That's probably why he left it here. Looks like if we are going to go anywhere in this thing we are gonna have to find some gas first. Do I want to check the putrid carcasses in the back for anything worth taking?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No
There is probably nothing on them anyways, I tell myself as I step back out of the Hummer and close the door behind me locking it for good measure. The thought of digging around in those corpses disgusts me.
As i approach the dismantled door to the front of the mansion I try to get a better look at it to see if I can figure out what happened here. Was it zombies?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes
Renfair zombies?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes, but...
I spot hammer marks and what looks like hatchet or possibly sword slashes in the battered wood. Lying to the side of the door is a cheaply made leather helmet with a few chunks of flesh still attached to the inside. "This doesn't look good at all." I say while turning back to Karen
"No it doesn't." She reply's with a worried look on her face.
"Best be prepared for the worst." I say well taking my shotgun in hand and stepping through the front entryway.
I squint my eyes as I step through the ruined opening. The lighting is much dimmer in here then it was outside. Greeting me is a very large entryway with tall ceilings and tiled floors. There is a number of large decorative glass windows to the back of the room leading to the patio if the map was correct. I see a number of doors leading to the other rooms on this floor. Also immediately to my left and right are 2 large staircases decorated with white pillars that curve around leading to the upstairs.
Do I spot any zombies in here?
(50/50) Yes
A lot of zombies?
(50/50) No, but...
4 = 4[d5]
Shrieking zombie
Unusually fast zombie
Shrieking zombie
Highly contagious zombie
Karen grabs my shoulder stopping me from walking the rest of the way into the room. She points out in front of me a ways and I can barely make out a woman in a black and white maids outfit holding a feather duster in the dark corner of the room. She looks like she could be alive until she turns a bit to her side and I notice that her left arm is completely gone, torn off above the elbow. Sitting on the bench not ten feet from her is another maid. I am not sure if this one is alive or dead.
"Well they are definitely zombies." I whisper to Karen whike taking a closer look to see if I missed anything else in the room. I cannot see anything else that looks like a threat but it is sort of dark in the back sections of the room. I signal to Karen and we both step further into the room. I draw my sword as I don't think firing a gun would be a wise idea upon first entering this place for risk of alerting every flesh eater in the mansion to our presence. We will have to do this quietly.
As we sneak up closer to the 2 rotting maids I point to Karen and make a gesture like shooting the crossbow at the standing maid. She nods her head and points the bow at the back of the zombies head. Does she get her?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes, and...
Killed.
The bolt punches right through the Dust Busters putrid skull sending her tumbling forward head over heels onto the hard tile floor. Does the maid on the bench get up?
(50/50) Yes, and...
Before the first maid even stops twitching on the floor I see her fellow worker whip her head around and stare directly at us. Can I get to her before she stands up?
(50/50) Yes, and...
I make a quick dash at her with my sword and before she can even finish standing I slash it across her face.
Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.
I bat her head to the side throwing her little maid hat across the room. The hit was insufficient to take her out completely though and as she slowly turns her head back towards me I can see the ragged hole in her cheek. The blade must of stopped when it hit her teeth. Before I even have a chance to swing again Molly Maid opens her mouth and let's out a high pitched shriek!
"Fuck not this again!" I say dropping my sword and clutching my ears. Does Karen have her crossbow reloaded yet?
(50/50) No
I look over at Karen but she looks like she was in the process of reloading her bow before this bitch started screaming and she didn't have time to finish. I quickly begin to back away from the wailing maid and just when I catch up to Karen one of the doors to the side rooms swings open and there standing in the hallway is a fat kilt wearing zombie nerd holding a wooden sword and shield. He has green and brown puke all down the front of his shirt and large pulsating blisters on his face.
I grab Karen's hand and we make a break for it towards the entryway door to the mansion. Can we get outside without any problems?
(50/50) Yes
We both make it through the doorway and down the stairs before the zombies even get close. We stop at the hummer and I grab a hold of Karen's waist and lift her up onto the hood so she can climb up onto the roof. Do I have time to climb up there as well?
(50/50) No
Before I even have time to start climbing up on the truck Karen yells "look out!" I turn and see a tall skinny shirtless zombie with blue warpaint on his chest and face standing in the ruined entryway looking at Karen and then turning to me.
"Fuck me." I say well pulling the crowbar from my tool belt. "Come on you dork! Come get some!" I yell puffing my chest out at the Brave heart wannabe. He let's out a roar and charges towards me at a much faster pace than I was anticipating. Can I side step his attack?
(50/50) Yes, and...
I step to the left and let the lanky bastard run right into the front of the Hummer stopping him dead in his tracks. I quickly turn around and swing my crowbar for the back of his head.
Killed.
I cave in the back of his skull smashing his face into the Hood of the Hummer and letting his limp body slide down the front of the truck leaving a long blood trail behind him.
"Take that you son of a bitch!" I yell just in time to see that Karen has finished reloading her crossbow and is reaching down to give me a hand up onto the truck. I grab her hand and using the dead fuckers head as a stepping stool I push my way up into the Hood before climbing into the roof to join Karen.
Have the other zombies reached the doorway yet?
(50/50) Yes
Karen takes aim with her bow and let's a bolt fly just as the wailing banshee maid reaches the door. Does she get her?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes
Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.
The bolt hits her right in the neck and sticks out the opposite side sending a splash of coagulated blood across the siding of the mansion. The maid drops to the ground in the entryway just as the fat diseased nerd zombie comes charging on though stepping right on top of her mangled body.
Killed.
I see a fountain of blood and gore shoot from her mouth as the heavyset renfest nerd crushes her insides and sends them shooting out her mouth and most likely other places that I don't want to know about.
He is charging straight for the truck! Does the Hummer have a roof rack that Karen and I can grab a hold of?
(Likely) Yes
"Hold on to something!" I yell as Karen and I grab hold of the metal bars just before the fat bastard slams into the side of the Hummer. Can we withstand his charge?
He hits like a sack of bricks and Karen is unable to hold on letting out a screech as she begins to fall backwards. Can I reach over and grab her before she falls?
My hand firmly grabs a hold of her wrist and stops her from falling off the roof of the truck. I pull her up against me while the kilt wearing freak pummels the side or the Hummer again with his fat boil covered arms. He vomits green bile all over the side of the truck and the smell is atrocious.
"You sick Mother Fucker!" I say well grabbing my crowbar in both hands and ramming it down towards the top of his head.
Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.
The crowbar slides off the top of his head ripping a furrow of meat from the top of his skull. He vomits again splashing the windows with gore and slime.
He flails one of his greasy paws at me. Can I Dodge it?
(Somewhat Likely) No, and...
Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.
He bitch smacks me right in the face nearly turning me around and causing me to drop the crowbar. "God Damnit." I yell reaching for the side of my face. Karen already has her cleaver drawn and she takes a swing for his hideous face.
Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.
The cleaver sinks into his infected face becoming lodged in his skull. The fat nerd falls over backwards and begins flailing around like a turtle on it's back.
I hop down from the roof picking my crowbar up off the ground and stopping next to the pathetic freak on the ground. "Lets see if you can take a hit from my +4 ensorcelled crowbar you sack of shit!"
Killed.
The crowbar stabs directly in his fat pickle eating mouth shooting clean out the other side. I wretch it free watching a line of green goo drip from the end of it. "Fuckin disgusting." I say well wiping it on his kilt.
I turn to Karen who is still on the roof of the hummer and give her a thumbs up. She gives me a funny smile and reaches her arms out for me to give her a hand. I walk over and grab hold of her waist again and carefully set her down on the ground next to me. "Thanks." She says grabbing her crossbow and slinging it over her shoulder. "Are you ok?" she asks touching the side of my face where that fat fuck smacked me.
"I'll live." I reply with a grin. "Lucky for me that nerd hits like a girl."
"Hey I take offense to that." Karen blurts out well puffing out her chest.
"Oh I wouldn't want to offend the almighty Karen now would I?" I say with a grin rubbing my hand on the top of her head again.
She gives me a defeated look before kicking me in the shin. "Lets go you dork." She says well stepping back up the stairs.
"That hurt you know." I say with a smile as I follow up behind her. Upon reaching the doorway we take a sec to peek inside for anymore walking corpses.
(Somewhat Unlikely) No, and...
Looks like we got them all. The 2 Renfair zombies must of been the only ones in the immediate vicinity. Karen pulls the bolt free from the Maids neck well holding her other hand over her mouth. Is the Bolt still usable?
Looks as good as it did when she shot it. I walk on over to where I dropped my sword and pick it up putting the crowbar back in my tool belt. Karen picks up the other bolt off the ground that went threw the Dust Busters head. Is this one good?
(50/50) Yes
Karen shakes off the brain matter from the end of the bolt before loading it back in her crossbow. Well now that that is settled how about we examine the rest of this room. Anything that stands out?
(50/50) No
Besides some cheesy paintings and a couple potted plants there is nothing out of the ordinary worth taking in this room. I wonder if Molly Maid has anything on her. Maybe a set of keys for the mansion?
High quality hunting rifle
No keys but what is this!? She was hiding a rifle under her dress? What the fuck were these maids up to anyways? I don't think i need anymore guns at the moment. Is it loaded?
(50/50) No
No ammo so I think i am just going to leave this right here for now. Maybe I will pick it up when we leave to sell to Henry. Lets check the other maid.
(Somewhat Likely) Yes
Sure enough she has a set of keys clipped to her apron. "Alright. This will help if we run into any locked doors in this place." I say while shoving the keys in my pocket. "I think we should clear out the rest of the bottom floor of the mansion before we head upstairs." I say while turning to Karen. "I would hate to get trapped up there with zombies coming from both sides."
"Sounds good." She says with a smile. I take a moment to look at the map again before we continue.
"Lets check the kitchen where those 2 nerds came from." I say well pointing to the open door. Karen nods and we walk on over. I take a look around the door frame. Anymore Zombies?
(Unlikely) Yes, but...
Is it extra dead?
(50/50) Yes
There is a rotting corpse lying on the floor in a puddle of blood. She has a half eaten turkey leg in one hand and a wooden staff in the other. It looks like the other 2 zombies must of killed her as i can make out what looks to be a footprint on the top of her smashed head. "The fat fuck strikes again." I say well taking a step inside. This kitchen is huge, obviously not the normal as there is multiple prepping tables and stoves lining the sides of the room. I would bet Henry probably had his own dedicated cooks once upon a time. There is a random assortment of pots and pans hanging from the ceiling and a few scattered about cardboard boxes and half empty shelves.
"Maybe we can find some food in here." Karen says well peeking her head through the doorway.
"I hope so." I reply while starting to go through the drawers and boxes looking for anything good.
Nothing but cooking utensils and some wax paper in the drawers and the boxes look empty. Is there a pantry?
A Large Freezer?
(50/50) Yes
I see a large freezer in the back of the kitchen. Lets check it out.
A bunch of food?
(50/50) No
Is it all meat?
(50/50) No
2 = 2[d3]
Inside the freezer there is a large bag of precooked chicken nuggets and a frozen pizza. Is the freezer Still working?
(50/50) No
The stuff inside is thawed out so it might not be any good. Does the food look ok to eat still?
(50/50) Yes, but...
I don't see anything growing on it so I think It should be ok to eat still but we probably should eat it sooner than later.
Can I find anything that we could carry these in?
I grab a plastic grocery bag that is lying on the ground and stuff the food inside it. It should be ok to carry the food but we can't fit anything else in there without breaking it. I hand the bag to Karen and she throws it over her shoulder. Anything we might of missed in the room?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No
That looks like it. I am a little disappointed with the lack of supplies but oh well. Lets check out the Dining Hall next.
The entrance to the dining hall is made up of 2 large French doors with inlay glass and decorative molding. Are the doors closed?
(50/50) Yes
I try to take a peek through the foggy glass. Can I see any zombies on the other side?
(50/50) Yes
Eyeless zombie
Sitting in one of the dining room chairs in an elderly man with his arms to his sides and his head tilted forward. I watch him for a moment looking for movement but he doesn't seem to be going anywhere. He could just be a dead body. I reach down for the brass plated handle and try to open the door as quietly as possible. Can I open it without making any noise?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes
The door glides open without making a sound and I slowly approach the possible zombie chillaxing in the chair. Can I sneak up on him without being noticed?
I get within a couple feet of the old geezer and I poke him in the back of the head to see if he is a member of the unread legion. Is he?
(50/50) No, and...
I poke him in the back of the head but he does not move. I poke him 3 more times before swinging my sword and hacking off his balding head sending it tumbling to the floor. I roll it it over with my foot to discover the old bastards eyes are missing leaving behind blood caked ragged sockets in his face.
Turning to Karen "he is just a normal corpse but we better be sure to keep an Eye Out for any more walkers." I say with a wink and a grin.
"Your an idiot." Karen replies with a small smile forming on her lips.
"I know." I say kicking the head across the room. I run my hand across the table, it is obviously made of a very high quality wood. Probably Walnut if I had to guess. The chairs look to be made of the same material, sturdy and strong. I push the headless corpse out of the chair and onto the floor before plopping down in the chair, taking my seat at the head of the table.
I put my hands behind my head and lean back a bit in the chair. "Man I could get use to this." I say tipping by head back to smile at Karen.
"You wouldn't even know what to do with all his stuff." Karen replies while shaking her head at me. "Don't you think we should keep moving."
"Yeah, yeah. I was just trying it out for a sec." I say dropping the chair back on all it's legs and standing up. I crack my neck before taking a look down at the geriatric corpse lying on the floor. I wonder if he has anything in his pockets.
(50/50) No, and...
I reach into his shirt pocket feeling something squishy. Pulling it out I realize it's one of the old mans eyeballs! "Fuck!" I yell dropping the God forsaken thing on the floor. I stand up shaking my hand and wiping it on my pants.
"Serves you right." Karen announces with a big grin on her face.
"Haha so very funny." I say while giving Karen a unamused face before finally smiling at her goofy grin. "Alright you, let's have a quick look around the room before we move on to the next one." I say while kicking the eyeball so it rolls towards her, laughing as she squirms out of the way. Can we find anything in here?
(50/50) Yes, but...
Alarm clock
After digging around in the buffet drawers and glancing under the table all we come up with is an alarm clock Karen found in one of the drawers. It's the wind up type and I decide to take it with us. It could be used as a good distraction if we need to sneak past some zombies.
We exit the room and make our way towards the room marked Maid Quarters. Hopefully no more of those loud mouth hags are in here. We reach the door and I try the handle. Is it locked?
(50/50) Yes, and...
The door is definitely locked but I should have the key somewhere on this key ring I picked up off one of the maids. Does one of these open the door?
(Likely) Yes, and...
After a few moments of trying different keys I find the one that fits and unlock the door. I press my ear against the door. Can I hear anything inside?
(50/50) No, but...
All I can hear is the wind blowing in through the open entrance to the mansion. The breeze feels good but it is making it difficult to hear anything else.
Karen has her crossbow at the ready as I slowly turn the handle opening the door. Zombies?
(50/50) No
I open the door but behind it is just a large room where the maids must of slept. One of the windows is open and I can see the wind softly blowing the curtains back and forth.
4 = 4[d5]
There are 4 separate beds against both sides of the room, each with it's own wooden chest in front of it. There is also a couple small vanities with a random assortment of makeup and brushes on each one. I can see an opening leading to the bathroom in the back of the room. I slowly walk over to the opening peeking inside.
Any Undead Maids in here?
(50/50) No, but...
Dead maids?
(50/50) Yes
2 = 2[d2]
Peeking around the corner I see one of the maids lying on the floor in a puddle of blood with a bite mark on her arm and a bullet hole through her head. I spot the other one naked in a blood filled bathtub with her cut up arm dangling over the side of the tub and a bloody razor blade sitting on the tiled floor.
"Well I found the other 2 maids." I announce as I step into the bloody suicide room. Karen takes a step inside and immediately stops, coverering her mouth looking wide eyed at the cut up maid in the tub. She looks like she is going to be sick and quickly exits the room and sits down on one of the beds staring at the floor and rocking in place.
I watch Karen for a moment before walking over to her and sitting on the bed next to her putting my hand on her back. "Are you alright." I ask her well watching her continue to rock crossing her arms in front of her and shaking.
Karen suddenly turns and grabs a hold of my jacket pushing her face into my chest. I can tell she is crying. Surprised I slowly put my arms around her rubbing my hand on her back. After a couple minutes she has stopped crying and she looks up at me with a heartbreaking face.
"My dad.. When I was 12 my dad killed himself." Karen begins to tell me with more tears forming in her eyes. "He had come home drunk again from the bar late at night and I heard him and my mom arguing in the kitchen. I was hiding at the top of the stairs listening to them fight when my dad smacked my mom and knocked her over. I ran into the kitchen and latched onto my mom and my dad just stood there staring at us... Karen pauses for a second as tears start to stream down her cheeks again.
"He went into the garage and a couple of minutes later we heard the gunshot." Karen pushes her face into my chest again crying more heavily now. "He left me, my mom, and my baby brother all alone.."
I put the side of my finger under Karens chin and lift her head up staring into her tear filled eyes. I then lean closer and kiss her for a couple of seconds before leaning back and leaving her with a look of surprise blinking the tears out of her eyes. Does she kiss me back?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes
Karen then leans in and kisses me again. I can feel her grip on my jacket tighten as she holds her lips against mine. After a moment she slowly let's go and leans back with a smile showing as the last of her tears get wiped away. "Your such a dork." She says sniffling her nose and wiping her eyes.
"I can't argue with you there." I reply with a smile.
"I think I will be alright now." Karen says standing up and fixing her hair. "Sorry about that."
"Hey don't worry about it." I tell her while standing up and stretching my arms over my head. "What say we hurry up and grab this stupid pistol so we can blow this joint and look for a way out if this crappy town."
"Sounds good." She says reaching over and grabbing my hand with both of hers. "I'm ready to leave this town behind."
We both smile at each other. "Oh and don't worry, I'm not going anywhere." I tell her while rubbing my hand on the top of her head again. She smiles even bigger and gives me a kiss on the cheek.
"Thanks." She says letting go of my hand and picking up her crossbow again.
I pick up my sword and while Karen is looking away I close the bathroom door deciding it best not to go back in there. "Let's check this room for any valuables and then we can get a move on." I say stepping towards the nearest trunk.
The 4 trunks look to be made of some type of polished hard wood and are obviously antiques. The high craftsmanship apparent in their solid construction and lavish embellishments. Excitedly I flip the latch on the first trunk, slowly lifting the lid I take a look inside.
(50/50) Yes, and...
2 = 2[d3]
Axe
Motorcycle helmet
Caught by surprise at the contents of the chest, fully expecting cleaning supplies or some quilted blankets the bloody axe and motorcycle helmet are a bit out of place but after already finding a gun on one of the other maids I suppose I am not too surprised. Somehow I doubt Henry hired these women from the usual establishments. Picking up the axe I turn it over in my hand and run my finger down the edge. The axe draws blood obviously razor sharp, the handle is only about 2 feet long and has a durable rubber grip. I don't think this was meant for chopping wood.
I set the axe aside for now and pick up the black helmet tapping my knuckles on the top of it. "Looks pretty hard." I say to Karen, turning around and stepping towards her. Lifting the helmet above her, She gives me a stupid look before I slide it over her head. "Fits too. I think you should wear this for now until we know we are zombie free."
"Thanks..." Karen says in a sarcastic tone tilting her head back and forth making her dislike for the helmet apparent in her mannerisms.
"Might save your life, you never know." I say giving her a grin before picking up the axe again. The axe is distinctly a better weapon than my dull sword but this thing has saved my life more than once now. With a heavy heart I take off my scabbard and gently place it on the bed in front of me with the same loving care I would use with a newborn baby. "I will miss you old friend." I say turning around and finding Karen staring at me with a raised eyebrow.
"What?" I ask heading over to the next chest in the room.
"Oh nothing. For a minute there I thought you were going to start crying." Karen replies with a joking look on her face.
Stopping in front of the chest I reach down and flip the latch. "Give me a break, it's just a stupid sword." I say while wiping the lone tear from my eye. Ok lets hope there is some good stuff in this one as well.
(50/50) No, and...
A Trap!?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No
Something I don't want to see?
(50/50) No
Nothing at all?
(50/50) Yes
It's completly empty. Well shit ok lets check the next one. reaching down I quickly flip the lid open on this chest.
(50/50) No, and...
A Trap!!!!!
(Somewhat Unlikely) No, but...
It's something gross isn't it?
(50/50) No
It's empty too?
(50/50) Yes
What the shit another empty chest. Starting to feel disappointed I shuffle my way over to the last chest and after a pause I slowly lift the lid peeking inside.
(50/50) Yes, and...
2 = 2[d3]
Sledgehammer
Worn-out M60 machinegun (7.62 mm)
What the fuck! I flip the lid back wide eyed and blink my eyes to make sure I am not dreaming. This maid was packing a fricken Heavy Machinegun! Picking the gun up out of the chest I spot a heavy-duty sledge hammer lying beneath it. Too caught up in the sexy M60 I dismiss the hammer with a casual glance. Giving the gun a look over I can see some wear and tear along with the minor dent and ding here and there but it looks like it may still be operable. Is it?
(50/50) No
Taking a closer look at the barrel I can see a small crack going down the length of it. Probably overheated from extended use. "Shit." I say tossing the gun on the bed in front of me. Is there any ammo in the chest at least?
(50/50) No
Pulling out the rags and other useless junk I can now see there is no ammunition for the gun at all. "What a bummer." I say, standing up and glancing at the hammer again. I'm sure I could bash a zombies head in real good with that but damn does it look heavy. Probably too unwieldy to be of much use for me anyways. I think I will just leave it here for now.
"Well I guess that about sums that up." I say to Karen turning and heading for the door. "Maybe we will have better luck in one of these other rooms in this place."
Karen gives me a quick nod and follows me out the door leaving my hopes and dreams along with my trusted companion sitting on the beds in the nice cool breeze. "Rest now my friend." I whisper as I take one last look at the bloody sword before closing the door behind us.
"According to the map there is a living room across from the dining hall if my memory serves me correct." Karen tells me pointing to the unopened door across from where we found the eyeless corpse.

"Sounds like a good place to take a break and catch some R&R." I reply with a grin. "Maybe catch up on the last season of Game of Thrones well we wait." I say with a chuckle as I step over the rotten maid carcass on my way to the closed door. "Maybe some Netflix and Chill?"
Karen gives me an amused look. "I seriously doubt the internet is working seeing as it is the zombie apocalypse and all. Somehow I doubt Netflix is still working either so I think you are SOL on Netflix and chill." Karen replies with a look of disgust as she carefully steps over the same maid corpse that I did following me through the hall.
"I don't see how that's a problem." I reply with a wink relishing the look of confusion on her face as the phrase obviously went way over her head. "Maybe after all this is done and over with." I tell her reaching for the handle.
"Sure." Karen tells me readying her crossbow. "I always wanted to watch Game of Thrones anyways sense I've never seen it."
"Somehow I don't think we will be watching very much of it." I say with a grin.
"Your weird." She replies giving me a strange look.
"I know." I tell her with a straight face, casually accepting the statement as fact. "Alright let's do this." I say turning the handle and slowly opening the door axe in hand.
Any Zombies in here?
(50/50) Yes, but...
Does it not see us?
(50/50) Yes
Peeking in through the partially opened door I immediately see a walker standing in the corner of the room turned towards the wall like he is in some sort of zombie timeout or something.
Limping zombie
Opening the door enough to squeeze through I notice a bloody shoe in front of the couch and if I am not mistaken the foot is still in it! Looking back to the zombie I can see that sure enough he is missing his left foot and it looks like he isn't just standing in the corner he is using the walls to prop himself up.
With the axe in my hand I slowly tiptoe my way towards the crippled freak as to take him out silently without him even knowing I was there. Can I sneak up on him?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes
Now standing directly behind him I raise the axe one handed and swing it down at the top of his head.
Killed.
With a wet chopping sound the axe buries itself into the zombies skull cleaving his entire head in half. Blood splatters the wall and he drops to the floor with what I can only guess is a splitting headache.
Did anything else hear that?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No
I stand still listening for a moment but I don't hear anything so I think we are in the clear. I turn and survey the room that we are standing in. There is a large leather couch in the center of the room that looks like you could just sink into it and live there happily for the rest of your life. The largest flat screen TV I have ever seen is mounted on the wall directly across from it. The urge to just melt into that couch and watch some mindless TV comes over me and I realize how tired I actually am after the last few days of zombie slaying in this god forsaken town. I know I have better things to be doing and besides the power isn't even working so I push the thought from my mind. The opposite wall has an elaborate fireplace and there is a small shelve over top of it with some pictures and small withered potted plants. The room is the shape of an L and there is a door leading to a small bathroom off to my right and a door that leads to the garage if I remember correctly from the map I studied earlier.
It doesn't look like there is anything of interest in this room so I guess it's time to clear the bathroom before we head to the garage.