RPG Solo Forums

Full Version: My First Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this is my first game on RPGSolo and I had fun so far!

Setting is barricaded town square involving below average silver ingots and boarded-up department store.

I am a

Calm female salesman.

What do I have?

Ammo (12 gauge).

Gold coins.

I am good at

Mining/smelting.

And

Jumping.

I had a stall set up in the department store and I was showing my products to a few customers, when suddenly the glass all shattered and people started shouting,"ZOMBIES!"

The first thing I would've done was laugh for a few minutes, but the glass shattering? Blood everywhere? Cannibalistic people with some of their body parts missing!? I screamed and ran to the elevator, where a huge crowd of people were. We presses the buttons, but nothing happened. We were left to barricade ourselves in the building.

Did any zombie find a way in?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

A big zombie found a small entrance in the barricades, but wasn't small enough to come through.

Did a smaller zombie see the opening?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

It squeezed through while none of us was looking.

The zombie inside started running towards one of my colleagues and hurt her.

(17 = 16[d20]+1) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

She fell, screaming, to the floor, clutching her arm with one hand, and holding her other hannout to me.

Do I pull her away from the zombie in time?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

I pulled her away from the zombie, but it was now angrier! Suddenly, a few wooden planks were flying in the air, I looked at the barricades, they had been ripped off the windows!

Did anyone have a weapon if some sort?

(Likely | 3[d10]) No.

Everyone started panicking, but I shouted,"Don't worry, I have an idea! We can make a zombie train!" I get a few zombies following me and tell everyone to do what I was doing. Before we knew it, there was a train of zombies behind us!With the zombies safely behind us, I headed for the stairs.

Was it clear of zombies?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 7[d10]) Yes, but...

There wa a few zombies on the stairs, but they were all eating some human flesh on the ground.

I look around for something, anything I can hit them with. I spot a metal pole that used to hold up my stall. It could be useful, but the zombies behind us were to dangerous to just skip past. Also, I need to tend to my colleague's wound!

I say," Everyone! Keep the train running!" and run towards the pole.

Did a zombie follow me?

(Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.

Oh no! I was being chased by

1 = 1[d5]

zombie! It wasn't a big deal, but other zombies could follow and mess up the zombie train. That meant I would probably get trapped! I decide to smack his head of! Hell yeah!

(2 = 2[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

Uh oh, but it's head doesn't go flying off, instead it just gets furious! I scream," Someone get something and kill this zombie!"

Does anyone see?

(Somewhat Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.

Mike sees me and says," Hold on!" he runs to another fallen stand and gets a few poles.

Did a zombie follow him?

(Likely | 4[d10]) No.

Mike runs to me and with all his strength rams into the zombie, peircing a hole through its body.

(9 = 9[d20]) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

"Aarrrgh!" The zombie is now looking at Mike. Just when it was going for a hit at Mike, I hit him with my pole!

(3 = 3[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

When the zombie looked back, I had already ran away.

Little girl zombie.

Halfway to the others, Mike and I came across a little girl zombie. Unlike the other undead, it wasn't hostile, and it seemed to be sad. It looked up to us, and started crying!? Did it do anything sudden?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

Something a flesh-eating zombie would do?

Yes, and...

It swiped at [1 = Me, 2 = Mike]

1 = 1[d2]

me!

Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

I leap back and rub my hips where the little zombie had scratched me. The clothes I was wearing had protected me, who knows what would've happened if it cut through the clothes! Luckily, it wasn't my time to become a zombie yet. But it could be my colleague's if I didn't help her quick! When we get back I tell the others we need to help Simonella, my friend who needed every second of my help.

[How many people are with me?]

10 = 10[d20]

I need 4 people do they come?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

To be continued...

I hope you liked the story!
I like the Zombie Train idea. I didn't know how that was going to work at first, but it turned out to be a pretty fun trick!
LOL!

People all over the world (everybody)
Join hands (join)
Start a zombie train, zombie train.

Nice :]

By the way, I noticed one of your Get results looked odd for a zombie apocalypse - "Gold Coins"

Did you choose the Zombie Apocalypse genre (gear icon-pull down menu in the upper left) before using the Get buttons? If so, I'll need to have Mark take a look at the database, because that's not in that genre's item word list.

If not, I highly recommend it - the genre is "Anachronistic" by default, so those get buttons will use all lists and you end up with results ranging from magic swords to jet fighters!
(03-26-2014, 05:44 PM)slaad11 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll need to have Mark take a look at the database, because that's not in that genre's item word list.

I just checked. It's in there between gloves and hacksaw.
(03-26-2014, 09:43 PM)Mark Wrote: [ -> ]I just checked. It's in there between gloves and hacksaw.

I need to double check my versions of the spreadsheets then - the one I looked at yesterday didn't have that in the list, so I might need to send you (Mark) an updated file.

Sure, there's a slight possibility of gold coins in a modern post-apocalyptic setting, but for me its an immersion killer - too rare compared to all the other items in the list.