RPG Solo Forums

Full Version: Crazy thought - Multiplayer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whoa there fella! This in RPG SOLO. Solo meaning one. One player. If you want to play with others go to one of the many Play by Post forums and join in there.

Yeah I know it sounds a bit nuts but hear me out. I love the format of this site. I love the functionality and all the features that Mark has created. But you know sometimes I sort of want to collaborate and play with other people as well. I find the PbP sites intimidating - which is why I found my way to rpgsolo.com in the first place. I don't want to have to write a 7 page character description or make 2000 word posts. I like the simple, quick and easy way this site works.

What I'd love to be able to do is have a session that more than one person could collaborate in. That's all. One of them could be a GM, or maybe not. It's up to the players to decide. Oh and by the way Mark, yes this is something I'd be prepared to pay for if that was the case.

What do you guys think?
I've been considering this for years and have actually been tending towards doing it. However, I'm currently trying to find the time to just add multiple save slots. I've got too much going on nowadays. So the the answer is yes, but whenever I can get to it, and by my estimates it will be roughly the year 2028.
Cheers Mark. Keep up the good work!
Hello Bingo,

If you think most PbP RPGing is intimidating, but still want to play with other people, you could also try out RPGing on https://www.reddit.com/r/YouEnterADungeon/

Sure some people still write big posts there, but most of them are very manageable. Usually the posts there are between only one GM and one player, so the games can be a lot quicker than on the usual PbP RPG forum.
Cool thanks! I might give that a look.

I would however like to try a play by post session using this engine if anyone is interested.
(02-13-2018, 06:25 AM)Bingo Wrote: [ -> ]I would however like to try a play by post session using this engine if anyone is interested.

Maybe I'm up for it next month or so. I'm currently very busy with work.