RPG Solo Forums

Full Version: The Monk Chronicles [Cypher System]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a short introduction of another story I thought up. I want to try and use multiple systems so the story's system might change from time to time. I will post this here now so that I can have for later, but I want to finish my previous stories first. This one is going to be an attempt to create a longer campaign than before. If you like more details please let me know, I'm just trying to find a good happy-medium without it turning into a novel. I'll update this thread with more plays as well as story that I have created and added to the world. Please provide feedback, if you want to, so that I can make the story better. Thank you for reading!

PC: Zavius the Monk, a Graceful Warrior who Needs No Weapons

Is there anyone in this town who could know?

(50/50) Yes, and...

They are very easy to spot as there is a building for the study of technology in this town. Not big but enough to draw attention to itself.

Is it morning?

(50/50) Yes

Is there somebody inside the building?

(Likely) Yes

Where is the technology supposedly located at?

Fortified entrance

Is it abandoned?

(Very Unlikely) No, but...

It’s likely that it might no be guarded when I get there.

Is it guarded?

(Somewhat Unlikely) No +Twist: Organization / Helps the hero

As I approach, I spot another group making their way to the same cave entrance. I hide and see what they do. Do they force the door open?

(Somewhat Likely) No

They seemed to have opened the door, with no trouble at all.

A hand touches me in the back that I could not notice. I turned around to look at the person standing behind me.

Organized champion

The person standing in front of me had a certain glow, like a decorated warrior. He told me not to go in there, that there would be a better place to get in. He showed me a around the side of the entrance, there was a small window a couple of feet high up. When I turned to thank him, he had disappeared with more questions than answers. I decided to jump...

18 = 18[d20]

I expertly jumped up and made it through the window and landed inside the fortified mountain. What does it look like?

Windy cave

A cave that with the sound of water dripping and possessed a lot of tubes.

Is there something in the room?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes, but...

There are old pieces of machinery but nothing that would indicate the technology artifact I'm looking for. I don't have anywhere to search but I start doing so anyway. Do I run into any opposition?

(Likely) No

The guards are nowhere to be seen, not even the ones I found entering the facility. Do I find anything else interesting?

(50/50) No, and...

It seems that nothing inside this facility is of value, is it possible that I might have been given the wrong location. I run back to the room I came in with. Does anything bad happen?

(50/50) No, and...

There's really nothing inside this place. I'm going to have to talk with the people that gave me this information. Maybe they'll know what's going on.

I head outside the facility to the same window I came in. Is it still night?

(Somewhat Unlikely) Yes

It seemed like I had been in there a long time, but it doesn't appear so. Do I hear any movement (Level 3 Perception check)

13 = 13[d20]

Is there any movement?

(50/50) Yes

Is it the guards from the entrance?

(Somewhat Likely) No, and...

It's actually just some animals and the wind swaying the trees. I relax and start heading back to town. There's a lot of more questions than answers this time around, who was that guy who helped me out? Why was I sent to this location if there wasn't anything? What were the guards protecting if there was nothing inside? Was it possible that it was something hidden? I need to get some answers because I need to get paid and quick.