RPG Solo Forums

Full Version: Shared Open World?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Soloists,

A few weeks ago we had a bit of a test session for a shared story where multiple people play characters  in one story thread using the RPGSolo engine. This session sort of lost people’s interest after a couple of pages but it was a bit of a test anyway and I think something like this could work. 

So I had another idea to take this a bit further. How about we start a shared open world? It would be similar to the shared story in that it’s all kept in one thread however there would be no requirement that your characters have to meet or interact with each other. You could choose to play completely solo - or not. It’s up to you. 

You would however contribute to the lore of the world we create together. Other characters could follow in your footsteps, stumbling across the same npcs and locations or you could do the same yourself. The more people play, the richer the world becomes. 

I’m going to open up my current Cyberpunk story to be an open world where anyone can jump in and tell their own story in the world that I’ve built already. I’d also like to start a new open world session in another genre (maybe fantasy or post apocalyptic) and see if anyone is interested. 

What do you think?

Bingo