RPG Solo Forums

Full Version: Various genres / fast-paced and deadly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My games are short, fast-paced and deadly. I'm interested in the gaming aspect but not the writing aspect. Hence, I don't type long descriptions and dialogues; I leave that for the imagination.

This first adventure is set in the Star Wars universe but I've used the Anachronistic option.

----

The setting is sinking desert outpost involving worn-out ancient artifact and asteroid belt. Your quest is to ascend the throne at the security center. Trying to stop you is the agent of the crown skilled in hacking.

Rewritten: The setting is an outpost on an asteroid field–ringed desert planet rumored to hold ancient Sith artifacts. My quest is to take control of the entire outpost. It won't be easy because the security hackers are very skilled and monitor every citizen.

Who am I?

Independent state trooper

I'm a rogue stormtrooper.

Other than the hackers, are the security forces in this outpost strong?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes

Does the Sith Empire run the outpost?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

No, it's a free planet.

Do I have a weapon?

(Very Likely | 9[d10]) Yes

Do I have allies?

(Very Unlikely | 2[d10]) No

Do I have a home?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes

What's my home like?

Haggle

Fears

A run-down apartment in a shady, noisy neighborhood.

Do I have any side quest?

Murder the mercenary at the well-traveled starport.

Rude female natural leader

I want to murder the mercenary Madeva Wolfhar, because she's insulted and beaten me up several times. Perhaps if I do that, I'll gain more resources for my main quest...

Do I know where Madeva is located?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes

Where?

Procrastinate

Death

She's rarely on a mission. She's known to often hang out at the bar called The Vortex.

6 = 6[d10] (Scene Setup roll)

I walk to the Vortex. Does she seem to be there?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Yes. (And) she spots me as I enter and yells a sarcastic insult to me.

Is she alone?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No

4 = 4[d5] (random roll)

She's with the 4 mercenaries that are part of her team.

"Hello, too. Since you've beaten me countless times, I want to duel you, 1 vs 1, so that I can regain my reputation. If I lose, I'll give you everything that I own, including my precious blaster rifle."

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No

"I don't fight with clankers, get out of my face."

Do her goons attack me?

(Somewhat Likely | 7[d10]) Yes

(14 = 14[d20]) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

(3 = 3[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

(15 = 15[d20]) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

(6 = 6[d20]) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

They beat me really bad; I'm defeated.

Do they steal my belongings?

(Very Likely | 8[d10]) Yes

What else? I go back home. Do I have a way to open the door?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Yes, but now my enemies also have a key to enter here, which they stole from me.

Can I afford to change the lock?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Yes, and I know someone who can do it for free.

Generous seer

Tokvud, a friendly alien with some clairvoyant skills.

Do I have enough strength left to pay him a visit?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

No. Actually, as soon as I enter my apartment, I faint.

4 = 4[d10] (Scene Setup roll)

Interrupt

Proceedings

Anger

I'm woken up by Madeva Wolfhar who has come to my apartment to rob me.

Are her goons with her?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but... +Event: Spy / Art

Move towards goal

Now that I pay closer attention to their faces, I recognize one of them: he's a wanted art thief, I've seen him in the holojournal. If I could turn him to the security forces, that could help me...

Do they leave after robbing me?

(Very Likely | 9[d10]) Yes

After I rest, am I able to pay a visit to my alien friend?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes

"Hello Tokvud. As you can probably tell, I'm not in my best shape. I've been robbed and I was wondering if you could help me out a little bit..."

(Likely | 7[d10]) Yes

Does Tokvud have any first aid skills?

(Unlikely | 3[d10]) No +Event: Punish / Dispute

Move towards goal

The next morning, I read in the news that the mercenaries have been caught and arrested by the hacker security team.

I go to the police station.

7 = 7[d10]

I explain what happened to me and ask if I can get my belongings back.

(Unlikely | 2[d10]) No

I want to frame this bitch while she's in trouble. I claim that I've eye-witnessed Madeva perpetrating an unsolved murder.

Do they believe me?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes

I wait a few hours and come back to the police station. Maybe I can blackmail her into giving me back what's mine...

3 = 3[d10] (Scene Setup roll)

Altered

Starting

Victory

Madeva is not there anymore, she's been moved to a high security prison.

I go back to The Vortex.

1 = 1[d10] (Scene Setup roll)

Interrupt

Separate

Rumour

In the Vortex, the rumors have spread quickly. Everyone is talking about what happened to Madeva.

Can I find someone who knows her?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Yes, moreover they are friendly to me.

"Do you know where Madeva lives?"

(Somewhat Likely | 7[d10]) Yes

"She was supposed to deliver some... special package for me. Obviously, she can't do that anymore. Can you show me where she lives so that I can get back what is mine?"

Do they believe and accept my lie?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 1[d10]) No, and...

No, and they tell me to fuck off.

Can I find someone else willing to talk?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 8[d10]) Yes

I repeat the same lie.

(Unlikely | 3[d10]) No

They don't believe me, my story sucks and I'm starting to drag attention, so I'm leaving.

I haven't murdered my arch-nemesis, but at least she's in prison. However, all of my belongings have been stolen so I give up on my dream of taking over the entire outpost. At least for now...
Second adventure. I follow the technique describe in this thread, which is to click on a random page of Wikipedia.

I ignore all results about famous people and short, unhelpful pages. As random result, I get Anakkara, a zone of South-West India.

----

The setting is hideout involving one of a kind clothing and ordinance bay. Your quest is to poison the businessman at the warehouse. Trying to stop you is the suicide bomber skilled in fire-building.

Rewritten: In the forest of Chellarkovil of Anakkara, there's a hidden Temple of Agni (fire god) where the brahmin Rev. Aakash Dhibar, who wears a strange robe, lives. He's corrupted and my quest is to kill him with my poisonous katar.

[Image: 2014_7_10_2_26_36.jpg]

Do I have clues about the location of the temple?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No

Wikipedia says that Anakkara has 25 Christian churches, 10 Hindu temples and 1 mosque. I ask in the Hindu temples in they've heard about Rev. Dhibar.

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes

Rev. Gaur, the brahmin of one of the temples, has heard about him. I ask, "What do you know about him?"

Attach

New ideas

He's formed a new religions.

Has he taken ideas from the Christian churches?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes

"He has mixed the cult of Agni with evil Syrian Serpent Gnostic doctrine. Of course, the St. Thomas Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church is suspicious."

"I suppose you don't know where Rev. Dhibar's temple is located?"

(Very Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

"Indeed, I don't know, and the brahmins of the other temples wouldn't know either."

I pay a visit to the St. Thomas Jacobite church.

6 = 6[d10] (Scene Setup roll)

Does the priest accept to speak to me?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Yes, and he's very helpful.

"Have you heard about the Serpent Gnostics?"

(Somewhat Likely | 8[d10]) Yes

"Do you know who's part of this cult?"

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No

"Do you know where the temple of Agni is located?"

(Unlikely | 1[d10]) No, and... +Event: Postpone / Love

PC negative

He doesn't know. Moreover, I'm feeling tired and I don't have strength to talk anymore. I must go back to my hotel to rest.

2 = 2[d10] (Scene Setup roll)

Altered

Expose

Ambush

On the way back, I'm ambushed by Serpent cultists, who have overheard me asking about them.

Is there more than one of them?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No

Do they seem strong?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

No, and despite being tired, I actually beat them up easily.

I interrogate them.

Can I make them talk?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Yes, and they give me very useful information.

Do they know where the corrupted temple is located?

(Likely | 9[d10]) Yes

I kill them with my poisonous blade and I go to my hotel to rest. The next day, I prepare a trek to the forest of Chellarkovil.

9 = 9[d10] (Scene Setup roll)

Wikipedia says that the "hill slopes [of the forest] are dangerous to walk". Am I able to walk safely to the location?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Yes, but I twist my ankle.

Is the temple where the informant claimed it was?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

Harm

Disruption

No, but I see broken branches, which indicate that someone has been active in the area.

I search the area carefully, do I find anything?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No

I return to the hotel so that I can rest and heal.

5 = 5[d10] (Scene Setup roll)

Altered

Kill

Weapons

On the way back, I see a group of cultists, armed with weapons.

Do I spot them first?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

No, but since the vegetation is dense, I can hide.

Can I flee from them?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 7[d10]) Yes, but... +Event: Inspect / Death

NPC Action

1 = 1[d4] (Rev. Dhibar)

A man dressed in a strange snake robe is with them, it must be Rev. Dhibar and a good chance to kill him.

Are they armed with guns?

(Unlikely | 2[d10]) No

I use the element of surprise to attack them. I target the strongest thug.

Is he a good fighter?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Yes, and I fail my attack on them.

Do they manage to beat me up?

(Somewhat Likely | 8[d10]) Yes

Do they kill me?

(Likely | 4[d10]) No, but... +Event: Ambush / Enemies

NPC positive

2 = 2[d2] (Christian priest)

Luckily for me, the Christian priest has followed secretly with a group of follower because they too wanted to kill the Serpent Gnostics.

Can they defeat Rev. Dhibar's group?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

No, but they manage to chase them away and save my life.

Can we follow their track?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No

Can we camp in the forest?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No

No, it's too cold.

We return to Anakkara.

1 = 1[d10] (Scene Setup roll)

Altered

Cruelty

Attention

We are stopped by more cultists; the small group we had encountered only represented a small part of their community.

Do they attack us?

(Very Likely | 5[d10]) Yes, but...

Yes, but we fight back well enough that we can retreat.

I give up on my quest. I couldn't find the temple and I almost got killed. The Syrian Orthodox Christians of Anakkara have seen the cultists' faces hence it would be foolish for the cultists to return to Anakkara. If they are smart, they will relocate to another area.