RPG Solo Forums

Full Version: Mythic's Chaos Factor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Perhaps I am forgetting to look under my nose, but is there a way to adjust the chaos factor in the Mythic style? Or does the Mythic chart variant not use Chaos?
I have not implemented the chaos factor into code since I can't know how long your events are. You could ask many question that only span a few moment or ask a few questions that span longer durations.

However, you can implement chaos instinctively by selecting a less favorable odd as your game progresses.
(06-02-2013, 03:38 PM)Mark Wrote: [ -> ]I have not implemented the chaos factor into code since I can't know how long your events are. You could ask many question that only span a few moment or ask a few questions that span longer durations.

However, you can implement chaos instinctively by selecting a less favorable odd as your game progresses.

The way I've implemented it in my own programs and in my IRC bot is to have chaos simply be tracked. On a roll that indicates chaos should be used (roll % 11 == 0) && ((roll / 11) <= chaos) generate a random event. It's up to the player to increase and decrease the chaos factor when they end a scene.