Play page is down due to hacker.
Smile 
Sorry folks but someone deleted some database tables needed by the play page so it will be down for awhile. I guess someone really hates it when people role play by themselves. Tongue

But don't worry, I've got backups so it's no big deal. And actually this works out well as I've been meaning to make some changes and this is a good opportunity.

Until things are back up would anyone be interested in something like a "Play by Forum" group?
I am glad to hear the play page will be back up soon, I rely on rpgsolo to GM my Crafts and Conquest Sunday group. I love this site.
Hello! Will there be an offline version someday? =)
cheers mark, you're a legend and the hackers are losers
(04-11-2014, 02:56 AM)TheJessaChannel Wrote: I am glad to hear the play page will be back up soon, I rely on rpgsolo to GM my Crafts and Conquest Sunday group. I love this site.

I'll try to have it back up by then but it just depends on how long certain things take. And I'm glad you enjoy the site. Thank you.

(04-11-2014, 03:18 AM)strom_grom Wrote: Hello! Will there be an offline version someday? =)

Sorry, no.

(04-11-2014, 08:12 AM)banjo1979 Wrote: cheers mark, you're a legend and the hackers are losers

I don't know if I'm a legend but thank you for your kind words.
Well I can only think of one guy with actual motive, but maybe I'm just dreaming...

At least numb nuts didn't do any real damage, though I sure wish some of these kids would find better ways to fight boredom! In fact, if they come out with another Hackers movie, I'll refuse to watch it - I can understand romanticizing 16th century pirates, but hackers are lower than... the tax man!

Its cool to see that the Play Tool is getting good use. I was able to limp along with it yesterday, but it took a while.

I agree with banjo - You're a legend :]

(04-11-2014, 01:30 AM)Mark Wrote: Until things are back up would anyone be interested in something like a "Play by Forum" group?

Play by Forum is exactly what my group game of Solo Assassin 4k is (By the way, where did my forum go? My players are going to panic!)

But I use the Play Tool to run it :[

Maybe now is a good time for everyone to check out the Unplugged section :]
I just have one more observation Mark...

You know how Windows is the OS to hack since there are so much more PC users than Mac users?

Enough said :]
*** UPDATE ***

One of the things I've been meaning to do is update my development environment for RPG Solo but I've been putting it off because of the amount of time it would take.

But that is done now and everything is working great locally!

Next Steps

There are some third party packages that I use that have gotten a little out of date and I'm going to update those now.

There is some code clean up that I've been meaning to do and that will be next.

And lastly there will be some security updates and then a security audit.

When I am ready to upload the changes I'll probably be taking the forum down for a bit.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience and support!

You guys and gals are great!
(04-11-2014, 12:17 PM)Mark Wrote: *** UPDATE ***
And lastly there will be some security updates and then a security audit.

Yes, please prevent numb nuts from striking again :]

(I guess I shouldn't taunt the kid like that...)

Please prevent the big bad evil genius hacker man from striking again!
(04-11-2014, 12:23 PM)slaad11 Wrote: Please prevent the big bad evil genius hacker man from striking again!

I think of them more as children in their mom's basement.

But once I go through the logs I'll be turning them over to law enforcement. I don't know what they do with them then.

And then maybe mom will ground them from the computer and they'll have to get out of their My Little Pony pajamas. Because, you know, if the guys in prison see you coming in with My Little Pony pajamas...