Play page is down due to hacker.
Everything is looking good and working great -- maybe even a little better than before.

The play page might be back up on Saturday but I have to talk with some people first.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.
(04-11-2014, 01:30 AM)Mark Wrote: Until things are back up would anyone be interested in something like a "Play by Forum" group?

What's that? Sounds interesting!

+ HACKED??!! Thanks for taking care of the problem!!
*** UPDATE ***

This morning I decided to completely rewrite the database interface. I ditched the third party interface I was using and took matters into my own hands. I was able to greatly reduce the amount of code and some portions are now a bit faster. So this is all turning out to be a really great thing.

And I snuck in a little new interface enhancement. It's nothing amazing but for a subset of people I think it will be welcomed. I won't say what it is. When I put the play page live, the first person who posts on this thread what it is will receive a reply from me containing a smiley face. And maybe others will reply with a smiley face too. Because people here are awesome!

I'm going to have some dinner and then do some more testing and will try to get it live tonight.

C Ya!
*** UPDATE ***

Play page is back online! Big Grin

Some things of note:

1. Adding, editing, and deleting of custom lists is not available until I review the code.

2. It seems that the attacker deleted some of the saved games. I didn't have all the saved games in my backup but I restored those that I had. So if your saved game is missing I am sorry about that.

3. There's a lot of changed and new code so you're all beta testers for awhile.

4. The new interface feature is online and seems to be working.
Excellent work, I am very pleased to be able to use this again. I like that the horizontal text input is toggled now which leaves more room for results display. Thank you for all of your work in getting this back online as you have.
brilliant work, thank you mark - Smile
(04-13-2014, 01:38 AM)Shedoshi Wrote: Excellent work, I am very pleased to be able to use this again. I like that the horizontal text input is toggled now which leaves more room for results display. Thank you for all of your work in getting this back online as you have.

Wow! You found the new feature rather quickly. You win the smiley face. Big Grin I'm glad that you like it.

And thank you very much for your generous donation! I just recently had to pay for the domain name subscription and I always look for promo codes to bring the price down. However, for some reason this year no promo codes were working and domain names just seem to be overpriced.

So I contacted my registrar and they said they're already giving me a great price. I replied that I've never paid that much for a domain name. So he said that he could make a deal for me that if I pay for several year in advance that he'll give me something like a 10% discount. I went ahead and took it.

So not only does your donation help to cover costs like these, because ads just don't make much these days, but it is also very encouraging. So thank you again!

(04-13-2014, 05:56 AM)banjo1979 Wrote: brilliant work, thank you mark - Smile

Thank you, banjo. I appreciate your support and your words of encouragement. I'm glad you are enjoying the site.

Thank you all!
Updates continued in the Updates and fixes thread.