Classic Fantasy Borvold the Dwarven Explorer (Risus-esque encouter)
Background: Generated the rough quest, as well as a series of attributes, which I worked into a sensible character (and then set up rough attributes following Risus). 

The setting is enemy lighthouse involving old dagger and wind-blasted tavern. Your quest is to purchase the spyglass at the walking temple. Trying to stop you is the ghoul skilled in weather sense. You are currently at the looted rock formation.

Boldly / Creepy.

Gracefully / Dry.

Defiantly / Mundane.

Adventurously / Delightful.

Borvold, the dwarven explorer. Dwarven sturdiness (4) Adventurous (3) Single-mined (2) Bartering (1)

Elemental ghoul. Fearsome presence (4) Shape shifting (3) Silent approach (2)

I'm in the looted rock formation. What do I see?

Waste / The mundane.

The dwarf stood in the looted remains of the crypts. Bleached bones scattered the clearing, and a dank musk hung in the air. The dwarf's face tightened. The crypts were unfamiliar, but it was bad luck to disturb ancient remains. He moved carefully through the clearing. Did he notice anything unusual or interesting?

No. +Event: Arrive / The public

His careful gaze revealed nothing of note nearby. His thoughts were broken by the distant sound of hooves.

He deftly slipped into the nearby hedges, peering in the direction of the sounds.

What did he see?

Ceaselessly / Strong.

Military.

A small detachment of guards entered the clearing, and the captain held up his fist for them to slow to a trot. Looking over the desecration, he exclaimed: "these f*cking peasants, they have no honor. Nothin' in these family crypts but trinkets and keep-sakes. We must keep on." With that, he spurred his horse roughly and they were off.

Again the clearing fell silent.

The dwarf waited cautiously and after several mins of hearing nothing but settling and shifting woods, he stepped out from hiding.

Reaching into his weathered coat, he drew out his make-shift map. The town was close. He set off on the road to the east.

Did he encounter anything on the road to the town?

No. +Event: Deceive / Trials

The dwarf noticed nothing on the road to the town. But, he had a growing suspicion that the map purchased back in the city was inaccurate. He expected to fall on the town before dark, but there was nothing. He considered making camp, but reasoned it would be safer to travel at night than sleep in unfamilar lands.

After several more hours, he felt the salt on the air. He had reached the coast, though the town had failed to materialize.

The sun was attempting to break through the blanket of dreary clouds, without much luck. The dwarf didn't much care. He decided to head north along the coast.

Did he notice anything interesting or unusual?

No, but...

He saw nothing of interest, but finally the small settlement loomed in the morning fog. At last! And no thanks to that piece of sh*t map. His walk became brisk.

What did he see as he approached the settlement.

Harm / Balance.

The buildings had been recently constructed, and had a distinctly unsettling feel. He shuddered. Did he see any local townsfolk?

No.

He thought it odd that no one was out this morning. He paced to the inn, a dark old building. The weathered sign creaked in the morning breeze: 'The Lamp and Dagger'

What did he see as he entered?

Move away from goal.

Attract.

Disruption.

The inn was old, but well kept. It was not busy, and no one seemed to mind the stranger.

Rich Dwarf recluse.

None but the female dwarf, oddly dressed like a wizard. She raised a brow, and attempted to saunter over to Borvold. "'Ello 'ello there, what have we here? Another dwarf, and up in these parts!"

Borvold was genuinely surprised. He had never seen the likes of this odd creature. And in such an odd place. For the first time in days, he began to chuckle: 'Ha! The surprise is mutual! To whom am I speaking and what is a fine lady like yourself doing in such place?'

What did the lady say?

Adjourn / The mundane.

My name is Carlotta, and to whom do I speak?

'The name is Borvold madam.'

Carlotta went on: 'I travel about looking for pretty artifacts and relics. You seem like you've seen some things. What brings you to these parts' she leaned forward with a disturbing attempt at a wink.

Borvold was cautious. This odd dwarf was amusing, but he was unsettled by this place. The silly woman began to make him feel more uneasy. 'I'm hear to purchase an item for my employer.'

He felt even this was too much. He shook his head and politely attempted to excuse himself.

Did Carlotta insist on following him?

Yes, and...

Carlotta was not about to leave her new acquaintance. She bounded up, and motioned to two men across the inn. As Borvold stepped outside, he was joined by the small party.

The men seemed friendly enough, but the dwarf was not used to traveling with others. He saw no way to lose the party, and probably would not win in a fight. Better to play along. 'Is there a market here?' he asked Carlotta.

'Follow me' she replied.

They worked down side-streets until they stepped out into an open air market, overlooked by a small temple.

Did he see a lot of vendors?

Yes.

The market was bustling, this probably explained why the town was so quiet.

Borvold pushed his way into the crowd, looking for the spyglass. Did he find a seller of optics and navigational tools?

No, and...

Borvold searched without avail. The afternoon waned and the sellers began to disperse.

So what action do you want to perform?

Find the spyglass. Did Carlotta's inquiries turn up any information?

No.

So now what are you going to do?

Borvold decided to investigate the temple before returning to the end. Did he notice anything unusual?

No.

What did he see?

Carelessness / Wounds.

The temple was in a state of neglect. Clearly the druids or priests who worshiped here had long abandoned this ground.

Carlotta had returned to the inn with her men, and Borvold felt the dark setting in. He turned to return himself.

Did the ghoul emerge?

Yes, and...

A voice wisped across the ground: 'Hello little one...'

Borvold grimaced. He squinted into the darkness, tightening his hand upon his weapon, a...

Club.

'Show yourself!' He called

Did the ghoul reveal itself?

No.

Did the ghoul attack?

Yes, and...

From some ghastly realm, the specter tore into corporeality, his twisted craws lunging at the dwarf...

Ghoul rolls Fearsome Presence (4d6)

17 = 5[d6]+3[d6]+4[d6]+5[d6]

Borvold rolls Dwarven Sturdiness (4d6)

13 = 3[d6]+2[d6]+4[d6]+4[d6]

The ghoul clawed at the dwarfs chest, knocking him to the ground. He rolled back to his feet, blood churning in his veins. Borvold drew his club, swinging for the fiend (3d6)

13 = 1[d6]+6[d6]+6[d6]

The ghoul rolls (4d6)

13 = 1[d6]+4[d6]+6[d6]+2[d6]

Parried! He swung again (3d6)

11 = 6[d6]+4[d6]+1[d6]

The ghoul (4d6)

12 = 2[d6]+3[d6]+2[d6]+5[d6]

The dwarf swung, but was sharply clawed about the face. Despite his solid constitution, he began to fear he may not survive this fight. The dwarf (2d6)

8 = 2[d6]+6[d6]

He lunged again, aiming for the spirits head. The ghoul (4d6)

16 = 4[d6]+6[d6]+4[d6]+2[d6]

The ghoul darted back, raised up and slammed Borvold to his knees. It raised its arm for a killing blow (4d6)

18 = 3[d6]+5[d6]+5[d6]+5[d6]

Borvold cowered (1d6)

5 = 5[d6]

The ghoul slammed him to the ground, knocking him unconscious. Did the ghoul finish Borvold?

Yes.

Borvold slid away, and soon joined his ancestors in the deep banquet halls of the mountains.
Rest in peace Borvold...