Classic Fantasy Rogue at the Crypt
#1
SESSION IV MOVING TO ROGUE-LIKE One Hero.

Fudge stats banged into Mythic chances, looks something like this:

Fudged Mythic Character Sheet for a Roguelike dungeon.  


Superb Sure Thing +4
Great  Very Likely +3
Good Likely +2
Fair Slightly Likely +1
So-So +0 50/50
Poor Slightly Unlikely -1
Mediocre Unlikely -2
Terrible Very Unlikely -3
Abysmal Almost Impossible -4

MURKSTAV

+2 Great Dungeon fighter- why we need two reasons.

raised in catacombs, knows the dangers. Swords
odd jobs to get things about Rivermoon. particularly closed quarter fighting

+1 Good Thief: Locks and moving in shadows.
orphan/street rat trope.
+1 Good Archer
For his type death from afar is always better.

0 Fair … Leave this to the adventure.
Perhaps Alchemy, craftmanship, Lore.

Murk runs to the gate and opens the lock, is there something within? Hit the room.

Square 25 ft.

It is twenty five feet square is he alone?

(Unlikely | 2[d10]) No.

Monster?

(Likely | 5[d10]) No, but...

There is a trap?

(Likely | 4[d10]) No. +Event: Dispute / Wounds

There is someone in there that is going for the treasure, NPC him!

Passive-aggressive female witch.

A female witch is in there with him, performing a ritual. Is she the ruler of the ghosts from the outside?

(Likely | 6[d10]) Yes, but... +Event: Malice / Tactics

Oh she is in charge of the ghosts and it is a TACTIC to keep people away from the tomb of her...

Dumb village idiot.

Village idiot, her son! The hell with that she is a suburb witch which means that Murk is going to be working on good.

(Likely | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

It is only likely that he defeats her. she is ugly and decrepid, her biggest skill is...

Climbing.

crawling up the damn walls in a fight. Murkstav slashes, he first tries a bow which comes out.

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Hits her but loses something, what?

Artisan tools.

breaks the bow, on her or something. finally gets into a dungeon mood a dungeon space and starts to hack at her. Good Thieving ability against a great tomb.

(Somewhat Likely | 2[d10]) No.

Murkstav finds NO evidence of a larger purpose in the temple. But he has a map, does he see anything in the lore, thats a so so chance

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Not only does he see something odd in the map, a language now coming into focus, or an arrow there barely noticeable, floating in the paper, but he now sees a pattern there and Ill give him a plus to this dungeon only.

Using the cubes, I see it is a plate or a door in the floor with vines all about, this room had a lot of vines amigo. Is it trapped?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Yes and it is sprung and it is a chopping trap (using the cleaver in the cubes) It is a suburb mechansim and it is very likely that the good thief is going to get cut.

(Very Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.

Like I said, not sure what the logic was I think it was a sure thing if he had absolutely no experience but since it did he made it down one level to great chance and that is very likely...He is not as good as he guess he thought. The temple here is different and things are moving much faster than he expected.

It cleaves or bites him, Id say its almost impossible that he gets something decapitated.

(Almost Impossible | 1[d10]) No, and...

No, it cuts him, but not only does it not catch him but the mechanism, because of age or use or whathaveyou haults giving him a space. Is it poisoined?

(Very Unlikely | 1[d10]) No, and...

No it is not poisoned and it hits a crit failure for the trap. Damn this is one shitty trap! Murk lucked out. Sprung, unpoisoned and slaps into brokenness. He will rest and heal here and keep moving on.

TESTING:

(Likely | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

(18 = 18[d20]) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

Is he to survive, he won the battle but will he lose the war? Suspense is good for the soul!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)