How to show your appreciation
Heart 
Enjoy RPGSolo.com?  Some ways to show your appreciation:

-- Donate on the home-page, by Paypal or Bitcoin.

-- Download Mark's Adventure Glyphs (The Rory's Story Cubes killer) from either:
And give it a 5 star review!

Thank you for your support!
New, awesome YouTube testimonial! Check it out and give it a thumbs up! Solo Role-Playing a Space Pirate Ninja on RPGSolo.com
What's with you and posting video testimonials by hot geek chicks?
It is unbecoming for young men to utter maxims.
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)
(04-27-2013, 04:27 PM)TrollSlayer Wrote: What's with you and posting video testimonials by hot geek chicks?

Just trying to grow the community with fun advertising.
(04-27-2013, 04:29 PM)Mark Wrote:
(04-27-2013, 04:27 PM)TrollSlayer Wrote: What's with you and posting video testimonials by hot geek chicks?

Just trying to grow the community with fun advertising.

Yup, I know. I was just ribbing you. I'm very glad this awesome tool is growing so fast.
(04-27-2013, 05:28 PM)TrollSlayer Wrote: Yup, I know. I was just ribbing you. I'm very glad this awesome tool is growing so fast.

Tongue Actually, according to the stats, new user visits are on the decline. Momentum was good in the beginning as a bunch of popular websites were linking here. But without fresh, incoming links the growth may stagnate. That's why in my signature I encourage people to share links to their stories.

I was thinking of marketing also as a writer's exercise tool, kind of like a writer's prompt, but I can't find a way into that market.

Anyway, I hope people find the videos kind of funny, like I do.
(04-27-2013, 05:40 PM)Mark Wrote:
(04-27-2013, 05:28 PM)TrollSlayer Wrote: Yup, I know. I was just ribbing you. I'm very glad this awesome tool is growing so fast.

Tongue Actually, according to the stats, new user visits are on the decline. Momentum was good in the beginning as a bunch of popular websites were linking here. But without fresh, incoming links the growth may stagnate. That's why in my signature I encourage people to share links to their stories.

I was thinking of marketing also as a writer's exercise tool, kind of like a writer's prompt, but I can't find an way into that market.

Anyway, I hope people find the videos kind of funny, like I do.

Huh, I guess that makes sense. The site's about 10x better now than it was when it first started, in my opinion... when I first saw it, I wondered "How is this any different from what I do on a word-processor with Mythic GME?". Luckily, I came back a little later and saw all the progress. It's quite possible that many would-be fans took one look at your then-inferior site, and ignored it without giving it a second chance.

I'll be linking to this site quite a bit as soon as the GiantITP forums go back up, by the way. Solo role-playing deserves to find a market larger than just a fringe hobby within a fringe hobby.

Interesting that you should mention this site as a writer's exercise tool just now - though writing humor for my Till Redeath Do Us Part campaign isn't a very big deal for me (I write humor all the time just for for the fun of it), I've never seriously written non-humor fiction. And yet somehow I've just written actual, legitimate, pseudo-romance for my campaign. And enjoyed the heck out of it.
... the power of semi-narrativist solo role-play holds no bounds, man. I really think that you might have an audience (albeit a small one) in the writing community, if you only write up a little blurb on the home-page about how "Solo role-playing can help you write", or something.

Because it can - randomness and unpredictability is one of the best inspiration tools. Brian Eno, world-famous ambient music composer/producer, used it extensively.

Anyway, I'll do what I can to promote this site, though I unfortunately am too hard-pressed for cash to donate in a monetary fashion.
(04-27-2013, 09:03 PM)TrollSlayer Wrote: The site's about 10x better now than it was when it first started, in my opinion... when I first saw it, I wondered "How is this any different from what I do on a word-processor with Mythic GME?". Luckily, I came back a little later and saw all the progress. It's quite possible that many would-be fans took one look at your then-inferior site, and ignored it without giving it a second chance.

Good point. A lot of what made it better was feedback from the people using it in its early iterations and also me finding out later what people were using and was already popular for solo role-playing.

(04-27-2013, 09:03 PM)TrollSlayer Wrote: I'll be linking to this site quite a bit as soon as the GiantITP forums go back up, by the way.

Cool. Thanks.

(04-27-2013, 09:03 PM)TrollSlayer Wrote: Solo role-playing deserves to find a market larger than just a fringe hobby within a fringe hobby.

I think there are a lot of people who still don't even know it exists, that it's possible, or how much fun it can be. I hope to change that.

(04-27-2013, 09:03 PM)TrollSlayer Wrote: Interesting that you should mention this site as a writer's exercise tool just now - though writing humor for my Till Redeath Do Us Part campaign isn't a very big deal for me (I write humor all the time just for for the fun of it), I've never seriously written non-humor fiction. And yet somehow I've just written actual, legitimate, pseudo-romance for my campaign. And enjoyed the heck out of it.

... the power of semi-narrativist solo role-play holds no bounds, man.

This is what I wish to convey.

(04-27-2013, 09:03 PM)TrollSlayer Wrote: I really think that you might have an audience (albeit a small one) in the writing community, if you only write up a little blurb on the home-page about how "Solo role-playing can help you write", or something.

I have to think about this. It needs to be done in such a way that it doesn't make people think this is like some English class writing assignment.

(04-27-2013, 09:03 PM)TrollSlayer Wrote: Because it can - randomness and unpredictability is one of the best inspiration tools. Brian Eno, world-famous ambient music composer/producer, used it extensively.

Yes. And it's what makes games fun.

(04-27-2013, 09:03 PM)TrollSlayer Wrote: Anyway, I'll do what I can to promote this site, though I unfortunately am too hard-pressed for cash to donate in a monetary fashion.

Some can donate, some can share links, and some can "Like" my videos. Even just saying thank you. It's all good.

Thank you for your feedback!
OK, I couldn't resist one more video: Solo RPG as therapy at RPGSolo.com.

Please give it a thumbs up!
Added new ways to show your appreciation for RPGSolo.com and two of them don't even cost any money.