Savage Worlds - The Vengeful Barbarian Part 1
THIS TIME I ACTUALLY MANAGED NOT TO DIE, AND SLAUGHTERED ABOUT 5 BEASTIES, BUT ALL IT GOT ME WAS A MEASLY 5 GOLD.  WE WILL CALL THIS PART 1. I'LL PICK UP PART 2 WITH THE MISERLY WITCH! AND HURRAY....I SEE YOU CAN POST HOW THE CARDS FELL IN THE FORUM, NICE TOUCH, ESPECIALLY FOR SW ADVENTURES! THANKS

The setting is obscured stage involving high quality musical instrument and deadly clearing. Your quest is to assassinate the leader of the strategically important camp. Trying to stop you is the hobgoblin skilled in scribe. You are currently at the legendary forest.

Setting is infamous great hall involving excellent lantern and scorched hideout.

The hideout is torn up, on the edge of the great legendary forest.  I am dangerously close to the far north.  It is my oath to slay the Hobgoblin Chieftan, Milximaris.  He is an accomplished scribe and alchemist, and slayer of my best friend Tal.  I took an oath to his new wife to slay the beast.  I approach the burned out camp site, travelling alone.  A makeshift stage appears to be set up at the edge of the forest.

Is something nearby?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

It is quiet.  I haven't rested for a while.  I decide to sleep.  I am roused shortly after by the unmistakable sound of two Orcs talking.  The come near this forest often.  I played here as a child, having grown up in the cold wastes.  Is there a chance I can get the drop on them?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

There doesn't seem anything to hide behind, save for the stage.  If I had a ranged weapon an ambush might work.  But they are turning the other way.  I grab the battle axe.  I almost forgot, why not go for a fire blast?

They will certainly notice me after this.

I can possibly hit both of them.  Axe in hand I begin to channel the ancient spirits of my people, feeling the hot rush of molten steel within me.  (spellweave vs. their agility, if succeed 2d10 damage).

Costs 2 power points.

Power Points 13/15  Bennies: 6

7 = 4[d8]+3[d6]

Hit with the 4, and since the Orcs do not see me, they do not get an agility roll to dodge.

10 = 7[d10]+3[d10]

12 = 3[d10]+9[d10]

Toughness is 8.  The raise incaps one.  Other is shaken by the blast.  I jump over the stage into the whirling flames and go after the burning orc.

Orcs agility roll to avoid being caught on fire

4 = 4[d6]

He is not burning

[Image: 5c.gif]

[Image: 8c.gif]

Orc is shaken, he tries for a spirit roll.

3 = 3[d6]

Failed, remains shaken, as I hoist my axe high above my head, downward in a cleaving maneuver.

AXE OF THE BESERKER!

6 = 4[d6]+2

7 = 5[d6]+2

I cause a wound on the shaken orc, splitting his head.

I search them, using the treasure table.

7 gold all told from these mongrels.

After looting the corpse I look around.  The snow is starting to fall.  My bear cloak, enchanted, keeps me warm.  I sense foul sorcery in the area.  It is something on the wind.  Just then, a hole in the fabric of reality opens.  It is a portal, no doubt to the Netherrealms.  I had heard that Mixilmaris had a vast network of spies, including demons of the Underworld, Minnahaleus, and the most foul regions of the Netherrealms.  He must know I am after him for Tal's murder.

The smell of sulfur is in the air as 3 Demonic soldiers come out of the portal, tiny, 4 foot tall footsoldiers.  Red, scaley skin, tiny wings, claws and teeth like swords.  Do they begin the fight beserk?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

Each is clamoring to rip me apart as it foams at the mouth in some infernal beserkness(+2 for fighting, +2 damage, +2 toughness, but -2 parry).

Do I know ordinary weapons wont hurt them?

I am using axe anyway.  Initiative

[Image: 9h.gif]

[Image: 2d.gif]

I rush in with my Berserker axe at the nearest one emerging.

5 = 3[d6]+2

3 = 1[d6]+2

since their toughness is down, hit.

3 = 2[d10]+1[d8]

It takes 6 damage, more than toughness.  It is shaken.

spirit roll from shaken (and demons get +2)

3 = 1[d6]+2

Failed, it remains shaken and can only perform free actions.

attacks from the other two berserk demon soldiers.  Since they are ganging up, they each get an extra +1 to hit me.  Claws fly through the snow.

4 = 1[d6]+3

4 = 1[d6]+3

I parry the blows handily, and it is now a next round

[Image: 13s.gif]

[Image: 6d.gif]

Me first, at the shaken one.

3 = 1[d6]+2

4 = 2[d6]+2

speniding a bennie for a re roll on that 5/6

8 = 6[d6]+2

8 = 6[d6]+2

8 = 6[d6]+2

8 = 6[d6]+2

5 = 3[d6]+2

5 = 3[d6]+2

hit with a raise

20 = 10[d10]+8[d8]+2[d6]

Considering the damage bonus, this is 23 points so far but i aced the 8 and 10

1 = 1[d10]

4 = 4[d8]

28 pts total damage, vs. 7 toughness.  enough to do 5 wounds.  I cut it in half!

Demon blood spills everywhere.

4 = 2[d6]+2

3 = 1[d6]+2

They miss me, I parry.  Their end results were 5 and 4 (because they are ganging up).  Still not good enough.

[Image: 10d.gif]

[Image: 1h.gif]

They ACE, which means they go first.  (deuces are wild since this deck don't have jokers).

9 = 6[d6]+3

4 = 1[d6]+3

One hit with its hideous claws.

his hit aced.  so rolling again.

3 = 3[d6]

for a total of 12, vs my parry of 7, this is a hit with a raise.  SO it will get +1d6 to damage.

11 = 3[d8]+3[d6]+5[d6]

13 total factoring in the beserk.

Its not an arcane attack so my mage slayer armor only provides a +3, so it is a hit with a raise.

I take a wound, but I am spending a bennie to soak 4/6

8 = 5[d8]+3[d6]

vigor roll was successful, and since I soaked all the wounds, shaken status is removed.  Since I took no damage, I am not making a smarts rolls to avoid Beserk (axe ability).

3 = 1[d6]+2

6 = 4[d6]+2

hit, but not enough to raise, i think i will spend a bennie for a reroll 3/6

4 = 2[d6]+2

6 = 4[d6]+2

No better, stick with it.  damage

16 = 10[d10]+6[d8]

8 = 8[d10]

27 points total against it.  Its toughness is 7.  I take it out.

The beserk fiend is fighting to the death.  It is doing multiple attacks (each claw) so -2/-4 for the second, or effectively -0/-2 since it is beserk

[Image: 4d.gif]

[Image: 12d.gif]

2 = 2[d6]

1 = 3[d6]-2

Complete misses.  Since I parryed and I have counterattack ability, i get a free attack at -2

5 = 5[d6]

1 = 1[d6]

The counter attack penalty canceled out the magic bonus of the Axe of the Beserker.  Its a hit, but no raise.

4 = 2[d10]+2[d8]

7 against a tougness of a 7, so it is shaken.  Now for my attack

6 = 4[d6]+2

8 = 6[d6]+2

4 = 4[d6]

Hit with a raise (12).

10 = 4[d10]+5[d6]+1[d8]

13 total, it is obliterated.

They have no treasure, nothing of value at all.  I look around.  Do I see anything else coming?

(Unlikely | 2[d10]) No.

I spit on the corpses and give them a barbarian's curse.  I spend the rest of the day searching for clues as to the Hobgoblins whereabouts.  Am I able to run onto anything at all?

(Very Unlikely | 1[d10]) No, and...

I find nothing of interest, the hideout is scorched.  I do notice a magical rune, some sort of trap near the stage that when tripped summoned those demons.  It is starting to snow harder.  My oath burns cold.  I will avenge Tal.  I scream, I have no idea where that Hobgoblin and his minions would have pressed onto.  I just want to bury my axe in something so I decimate the corpses.  There's nothing else for it, winter is here.  It is cold.  I am going to head back to Vuul's Port.

Miserly witch who is much weaker than you and whose motivation is to indulge cowardice, construct atrocities, and join family; who speaks of scheming examinations and is focused on your last scene.