Anachronistic Apocolypse
Hey this is a short one! Sadly I didn't Get to finish the story but maybe I'll continue it.
This land used to be so beautiful then war came to our shores. A country known for its wealth and strength seemed untouchable until that war started. It devastated the country but it was only apart of The Fall. Natural Disasters came striking many places across the globe including the war torn country where I lived. Celestial events effected our planet in ways scientists couldn't explain. Soon plants and crops of all kinds died out resulting in a global famine but the animals and creatures of the world began to repopulate and multiply faster than ever soon overwhelming small towns and rural communities as carnivores killed people for food. Then in the excitement of it all many claimed they were the messiah, prophet and chosen one. This divided the people as many turned to them for help and to be saved but they came and went. They either were killed or proven false. Soon the once beautiful lands became foul and dangerous. Plants that once grew into beautiful flowers grew thorns and became poisonous. Trees that would bear fruit became fruitless and hard. Grasses and shrubs that used to be so soft and green became sharp and brown. By the time all this had happened the continents were disconnected with each other, the lands had changed and people dealt with their own problems of finding food, water, shelter and clothing. Those who were wicked took advantage of this time stealing, killing, raping and plundering. Many took control and became leaders, not always the best. The race for resources began as large groups called "The Countries" used their man power and remaining machinery to control lands and get resources to expand but they faced difficulties from many communities who had formed and survived on their own. Soon "The Countries" began to build large ships called "Colonizers" where they would take any and all who wanted aboard to sea to live on this boat in safety as much more of the world was covered in water than had before. These boats could stay out on sea for years only returning to "The Countries" land colonies to resupply. Millions lived on these boats to escape the horrors and dangers of the land but not all did or even knew about the "Colonizers". This is how the world became what it is now. These events happened over many years, possibly decades, no one remembers that. Only people remember the specific events that lead to our world's suffering. At least that's how most view it but when you grow up in the world that is this way, it all seems normal.

This is the story of a simple man. A priest's apprentice. He was born after all the events had left the world the way it was. This harsh world is how he knows the world. I, the priest, have lived through all the events. I am too old to continue my traveling and this man, my apprentice, must continue my work. I faced some rough situations and hope that he doesn't have to go through the same but, the world is constantly changing so who knows what he'll face. Character: John of Saint's Church Male Age 19 Fighting:3 Running:6 Intelligence:4 Speech:5 Senses:6 Intimidation:6 Stealth:3

How much starting gear?

2 = 1[d6]+1

Zippo lighter.

High quality ancient artifact.

What is the artifact?

Heavy blaster pistol.

How much ammo?

5 = 5[d6]

John of Saint's Church leaves with the clothes on his back (Shoes, Jeans, Socks, White T Shirt, Belt), A Zippo Lighter, An old prototype of a laser pistol with 5 rounds and a bible. He looks back at his old teacher standing in the door way of the ruined church that was his home. There he learned everything he knew from math, science, theology, history and English. He looks forward towards the town, a small shamble of old buildings being kept up by all the work the people have done over the years. Even though the town only has about 20 buildings it was home and he knew every person in it. To his left (east) is the old road that leads to the small patches of farmland that has provided this town with food even though farming is difficult it is easier than hunting the wild beasts. To his right (west) is his destination, the unknown. The town has seen many come from the east and head west but has never had anyone come from the west or return from the west. Only the east and all other easts of the compass. Many of the village are mad and sad at me leaving but they have known all their lives that the priest has been preparing me for this grand test to see what is to the west. He looks at his teacher one last time then heads west.

After traveling quite some ways John of Saint's Church arrives at...

Swarm hideout.

What looks to be a cave but John sees two people standing in front of the entrance. Do they see John?

(Somewhat Likely | 1[d10]) No, and...

No and John realizes that the two are actually dead corpses stuck up to poles. What does John do?

Carelessness.

John realizes that this place is dangerous but he feels that he should bury the bodies and give them the peace they deserve. He enters the cave to see if he can find a shovel. Are there people in the cave?

(Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.

How many and who?

1 = 1[d6]

Partially mangled zombie.

Does the magled zombie notice him?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

John enters the cave and sees the zombie, does he see a shovel?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

No and the zombie turns around and sees John. He screams while rushing towards him clawing. Does he claw john?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

No but he manages to grab onto John's clothes! John kicks at the zombie trying to get him off. Does he kick him off?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but... +Twist: Emotional event / Changes the goal

No but he feels the grip loosening. The zombie looks up at John and he realizes that the "zombie" is actually a person severely injured begging for help through their messed up mouth. Who is it?

Sensitive female charlatan.

John tells her to calm down and starts to bandage her wounds. Does he succeed?

(Likely | 5[d10]) No, but...

No but he finds other bandages! He puts his now bloody T shirt back on and starts to bandage her this time with real medical supplies. Does he succeed?

(Very Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.

The woman starts to calm down as her bleeding stops and her various wounds are set to heal. John stares at her and asks, "Do you want to follow me, I can't just leave you here?" Does she follow him?

(Very Likely | 4[d10]) No.

She nodds her head no. John starts to wonder why. What does he do?

Release.

He leaves her behind in the cave.