Anachronistic Nameless Security Guard
The setting is orion factory involving below average jetpack and guard post. Your quest is to poison the half-giant crewman at the smoke-filled warehouse. Trying to stop you is the compound-fractured zombie skilled in biology. You are currently at the uncharted lake.

Okay, this is odd. An Orion factory (suggesting Sci-Fi), but with a half giant crewman (suggesting Fantasy). Well, I did choose Anachronistic, but geez.

Setting is research station involving below average M67 frag grenade and very high quality kerosene.

Hm. So, so far I have an average jet pack, a frag grenade of my very own, and some quality kerosene. Oh, I guess the starter button *did* contain a setting. Oh well. Im still playing with this UI, and I dont know what all the buttons do yet. I just got lucky with Add Text. I am puzzled at the concept of a zombie with a compound fracture who actually knows something other than the desire for live flesh.

Also, I have no idea how to get results for Random 1 - 4.

Anyway...

The half giant crewman is the one who started the smoke in the first place. I've tried to get him to stop, but he's spouting some sort of religious propaganda at the top of his lungs, and I don't think he's planning on trying to stay alive.

So I have Archaic Weapons skill, Jumping skill, Gambling skill and Seduction skill. Am I the security guard?

(Likely) Yes.

Nifty. That's why I'm at the guard post. My guess is that the poison delivery method I have is a dart gun. How many rounds do I have?

18 = 18[d20]

Oh, excellent! Am I the only guard on duty?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes.

Wonderful. Well, I get over to the smoke-filled factory floor. Has the Big Guy jammed the ventilation system?

(50/50) No.

Do I have a clear line of sight on the Big Guy from where I am?

(50/50) No, and...

I don't actually know where he is. For a tall guy he's really good at staying out of sight. That's when I see a bottle of something green and nasty flying at me, thrown by the zombie. Do I get hit?

(50/50) Yes.

Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

Ouch! Whatever that shit is, it's nasty. Do I have direct line of sight on Mister Z?

(Somewhat Likely) No, but...

It's just smoke, and I know where he's going. Hopefully my darter will have an effect on his zombie anatomy. I always knew having zombies on staff was going to be trouble, no matter how they were said to be under control. I take aim and shoot. Do I hit Mister Z?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes. +Event: Attach / Exterior factors

As I'm feeling the exhilaration of having hit my target in the smoke, that's when the fire extinguishing foam comes down. The Big Guy has found something else with which to make the ground harder to navigate. Can I keep my feet?

(Likely) No.

Crap. The problem with the foam is that it's really slippery. While it coats everything with an almost fireproof film, including workers, it seems more intended to cause injuries during a fire than to save lives. So I take my first step in Mister Z's direction, to see if he actually went down, and that's when I slip and lose balance.

Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

Fuck. Hit my head. I wonder if I have a concussion? Can I get airborne with the jetpack? I mean, I'm taking a risk because I've mainly only used it for getting around on the premises in clear weather, and I don't actually know where the pipes and belts in this room are...

(50/50) No.

That damn retardant is just too slippery. I guess my only option is to do short bursts to slide around on the floor, and if I get a chance at either Z or the Big Guy, to just take my shot and hope for the best. Do I find Z first?

(50/50) Yes.

Is Z down?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes, but...

Z slings some more of that green gunk at me before I've gone ten feet. I mean, he's down, but he's definitely not out. Does he hit me with that crap?

(50/50) No.

I take a shot at him as I go by him. Do I dart him?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes.

I'm hoping the second one takes Z the rest of the way down, although it's really hard to tell with zombies. Can I stay awake long enough to look for the Big Guy?

(Somewhat Unlikely) No. +Event: Release / Joy

Oh fuck. I'm starting to black out. I can't even lift my arm to fire wildly into the smoke on the off chance I can get lucky and hit the big half giant asshat. That's when I hear the sound of a yell and a big impact as what's probably the Big Guy finally slips on the foam and goes down. If I can't get to my feet, he's sure not going to any time soon. I have a smile on my face as the darkness closes in around me.
I'm just hoping I don't wake up in the morgue. I really don't want to spend the rest of my existence as a zombie.
Nice! Fun read, thanks.

This made me laugh, "...it seems more intended to cause injuries during a fire than to save lives."
(03-22-2016, 11:23 AM)Mark Wrote: Nice! Fun read, thanks.

This made me laugh, "...it seems more intended to cause injuries during a fire than to save lives."

You might be surprised to know how often choices made in the real world at real sites real guards have to watch are like this. Sad