Zombie Apocalypse Ridding the world of the Undead, one corpse at a time.
Didn't bring my Black Crusade stuff with me tonight so I figured I would play with some zombies, which has been a lot of fun. Here is what I ended up with for the night.

The setting is abandoned amusement park involving bottle of liquor and poorly guarded hospital. Your quest is to rescue survivors from the untouched shopping mall. Trying to stop you is the hoard of zombies skilled in blacksmithing. You are currently at the sparsely populated government building.
Old abandoned barracks.
I awake in a tent at what looks like and old military barracks. From what I can tell its a large area with some ripped up tents and some boxes and crates strewn around. The whole place seems to be surrounded by an old damaged wire fence with only 1 entrance into the caged in area.
All I have on me at the moment is the ripped up clothing on my back, I check my pockets to see if I have anything in them.
(50/50) Yes.
1 = 1[d3]
Metal-bladed weed trimmer.
Looks like I have a small pair of metal clippers for doing yard work in my back pocket, this could come in handy as a weapon if I need it. I am going to have a look around the camp to see if there is anyone else here. Am I alone?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
After carefully searching each tent I see that I am the only one here. Do I find anything useful in the tents as I search?
(Likely) Yes, and...
2 = 2[d5]
Worn-out crossbow and bolts.
Very high quality taser.
Very nice I find what appears to be a slightly damaged crossbow. It looks mostly superficial except for the string being a little frayed. I also find a very nice high voltage military grade Taser. This looks like it could really cook a zombie or two. How many bolts do I find for the crossbow?
9 = 9[d10]
Well I might not be Daryl but I have watched the walking dead enough to know that these things are great for silently taking out some zombies.
I decide I better find some food and water before night fall if I am going to survive long enough. From over the fence I spot a nearby town looks to be no more than a half a kilometer away. Does it look like I will have time to go out and gather supplies before nightfall?
(Likely) Yes, and...
I can tell from where the sun currently is positioned in the sky that it is early dawn. I should have plenty of time to reach the town and gather what I can before it gets dark.
I take one last look around to see if there is anything I missed?
(Very Unlikely) No.
Ok it looks like I got everything so I am going to head to the town as quickly and quietly as possible without tiring myself out. I sling the Crossbow over my shoulder and set out.
Do I make it to town without incident?
(Unlikely) Yes, but...
Looks like I didn't have any trouble of the undead sort on my way to town but I did spot a couple abandoned cars on my way. Did I find anything useful in the cars?
(50/50) Yes.
1 = 1[d5]
Worn-out how-to guide.
I found a How to live off the grid guide in the glove compartment of one of the vehicles. This could prove useful if I can't find someplace safe to stay in town.
As I make my way into the outskirts of the town I take a look around to see if I can tell what kind of buildings are in this town. How many are there?
10 = 10[d10]
And how many are something other than a house?
4 = 4[d5]
ok so I spot 4 buildings that look like they could have something useful in them. One is a hospital and the other is what looks to be a pristine shopping mall. What are the other two?
Heavily fortified mansion.
Poorly guarded pharmacy.
So we got a mansion that looks like it belongs to someone wealthy. It would be hard to gain entry though with the tall iron fence and the big gate shut around it. The other building appears to be a pharmacy. There could be some drugs or first aid supplies in there.
The hospital is the closest building to me but I am kind of hesitant to go in there. It is a large building and there could be plenty of flesh eating monsters in there. There is a small house off to the side of the hospital. Does it look abandoned?
(Likely) Yes.
I think I will check out the house first. Maybe I kind some supplies. Besides it looks to be totally abandoned. As I make my way across the street towards the house do I spot any zombies nearby?
(Likely) Yes, and...
3 = 3[d5]
I stop in my tracks and quicky duck down as I spot 3 undead in the front yard of the house, 2 seem to be lying on the ground and the other is standing but staring in the opposite direction of me. The 2 on the ground could actually be dead bodies are they zombies?
(50/50) No, but...
No the 2 on the ground are only appear to be heavily mauled corpses and not the flesh eating monster kind. Am I close enough to shoot the zombie with my crossbow?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
I think I will try to take out the zombie with my trusty crossbow. I take the time to aim before firing. Do I hit the zombie?
(Likely) Yes, and...
Killed.
I fire the bolt and it takes the zombie right in the back of the head with a nice wet thud. The zombie falls flat on his face clearly dead. Well double dead. Does anything hear the shot?
(Unlikely) No, and...
It doesn't look like anything or anybody noticed the kill. I make my way into the front yard of the house and upon reaching the front door I take a peek inside to see if I can see anything.
(50/50) No.
Ok good from what I can tell the house is empty. I walk inside and quietly close the door behind me. Does this house have a upstairs?
(50/50) Yes.
There is a set of stairs right to the side of me and some broken furniture scattered about the room. How many rooms are in this house?
3 = 3[d5]
It looks like the downstairs is an open floor concept with the kitchen being attached to the dining room and living area. Upstairs there is a bedroom and a bathroom. I think I will check out the ground floor level before heading upstairs. After a few minutes of searching do I find anything useful?
(50/50) No, but...
I can't seem to find anything worth taking in these rooms. I do however find an old wrist watch that still seems to function. I put this one noting the time as 2:15pm
Time to check upstairs. I decide to check the bathroom first anything in here?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No, and...
Nothing in the bathroom but I come across what looks like a dead animal of some sort, half rotten with a bite taken out of it and decaying in the sink. Lovely. Well I think I know what happened to fluffy. Lets check the bedroom out, is the door shut?
(50/50) Yes.
I press my ear against the door to see if I can hear anything
(Somewhat Unlikely) No, but...
I don't hear anything that sounds like a putrid flesh eating corpse but the door is pretty thick and sturdy. I decide to open it is there anybody in here?
(Unlikely) No.
Ok good its clear, now lets take a look around. Do I find anything of use?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
Sword.
I am greeted with the sight of a decorative sword hanging on a plaque on the wall above the bed. I pick the sword up to inspect it, does it look sturdy enough to use as a weapon?
(Likely) Yes.
The edge is not sharpened but it is still heavy and made of metal so I think it could kill some walkers pretty easily. The reach is much better than my metal shears anyways so I think I will take it. Can I find a scabbard for it?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
I spot a scabbard tucked behind the bed headboard, this will make carrying this thing around much easier. I put this one and slide the sword in. Ok well I think I am done looting this building. I check my watch again. 2:25pm. I think I will head to another building sense I could not find any food.
Before I head out the front door I peek out the windows on the top floor to see what I can see. Are there any zombies?
(Very Likely) Yes, but...
1 = 1[d20]
I can see a zombie but only 1. It looks to be wondering around down on the street in front of the mansion. Well I am not going there just yet so I think I will be safe to head to the next house.
I make my way back out into the street, as I cross the parking lot of the hospital do I hear any sounds coming from the hospital?
(50/50) No.
The hospital looks quite but I am still not going in there. The next house is right down the road from the hospital. Can I spot anything nearby?
(50/50) Yes.
I notice movement out of the corner of my eye what was that?
Was it a zombie?
(50/50) Yes, and...
Oh crap its a zombie and there appear to be more than one.
4 = 4[d5]
Slime-covered zombie.
Teen zombie.
Slime-covered zombie.
Listless zombie.
I turn to see 4 zombies in the ally way along the side of the hospital. Do any of them see me?
(50/50) No, but...
Phew it looks like they haven't noticed me yet. They appear to be feeding on something, probably some unlucky bastard they cornered in the alley way. I try to sneak by quietly and make my way to the next house do I succeed?
(Somewhat Likely) No.
Shit I step on a used dog toy in the front yard of the house which lets out a loud squeak. I immediately turn to the zombies did they hear that?
(Very Likely) Yes.
Crap looks like they defiantly heard that, I make a mental note to kick the corpse of the flea infested mongrel that lives here if I can find it and I quickly start running for the house. does it look like I can make it to the house before the zombies can reach me?
(Likely) No, but...
Damn the teen zombie must of been a member of the track team, I don't think I can out run her. Luckily the other 3 are slow and clumsy. I make it inside the house but the track star is right on my ass. She flies through the door after me, is there anyone else in this house that I can see?
(50/50) No, but...
Luckily it looks like there is no other flesh eaters in the house. I run around the table with the all American athlete following closely behind, I throw a chair out behind me to try and trip the bitch. Do I succeed?
(50/50) No.
She vaults right over the chair like it wasn't even there. That bitch must of been a member in track and gymnastics! does she catch me trying to run away?
(50/50) Yes.
She grabs my pant leg as she dives over the chair. Almost tripping me, do I fall over?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No.
Luckily she isn't very strong and I kick her her loose hearing something snap in her wrist. I make my way back around to the front door do I have time to close it before she reaches me again?
(50/50) Yes, but...
I slam it shut just as one of the slime covered zombies reaches the door pinching his arm off in the door jam with a nice satisfying crunch. I quickly lock the deadbolt to keep those 3 fucks out. Now I just got the Olympic gold winning athlete bitch to take care of. I pull my sword from its scabbard and I hold it out in front of me as she charges me. Does she avoid it?
She sticks herself right onto the end of the sword like a fucking shish kabob piercing through her stomach and straight out her back. Unfortunately she doesn't seem to be dead.
Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.
She is flailing her arms out towards me slowly inching her way forward as the sword imbeds itself deeper into her gut. I try to kick her legs out from under her. Does she fall?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
With a well placed kick I knock her off her feet and her full weight comes down on the sword, a sick slicing sound follows as the sword cuts its way up into her chest cavity and stops on one of her ribs. At this point her intestines fall to the floor with a wet slap.
Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.
Unbelievably she is still not dead, I let her fall to the floor on her back and I rip the sword from her body. Standing over her I swing the sword hard taking her head clean off her shoulders and batting it across the room stopping when it hits the wall with a nice thud.
Killed.
Well that takes care of miss cross country. I can hear moaning and dull thuds against the front door, looks like the other 3 are still trying to get inside. I look around for something to barricade the front door with, can I find anything?
(Likely) Yes.
I push the couch over in front of the door so the zombies will have a harder time breaking it down. Looks like they haven't noticed the windows along the side of the house yet. Is there another door on the back of the house?
(50/50) Yes.
I can see there is a back door on the house so maybe I can sneak out that way without the zombies noticing me once I am ready to leave. Either way I should probably make this quick. Is there and upstairs?
(50/50) Yes.
There is a set of stairs in the other room that leads to the upper floor. Lets check out the floor I am on first. How many rooms are there?
4 = 4[d5]
I see a kitchen and the dining room I was just racing around in moments earlier. There is also a bathroom and a storage closet. Lets check in the kitchen first can I find anything?
(Somewhat Unlikely) Yes, but...
Crowbar.
I find a crowbar laying on the kitchen counter, I already have a sword but the crowbar could help me get into locked places if I need to. I don't want to carry them both so I make a mental note of the crowbar and I decide to leave it for now. Do I find anything in the dining room or bathroom?
(Unlikely) No.
Nothing that I notice sticks out at me, Lets check the storage closet.
(Likely) Yes.
C-4 explosive charge.
Jesus I was expecting food but am greeted with a small chunk of C-4. Well I can't eat it but I could blow the living shit out of some unlucky zombie or a small building with this. I stuff it into my pocket on my shirt. Alright lets go upstairs, the zombies appear to still be at the front door. How many rooms?
2 = 2[d3]
2 Bedrooms are up here, lets check the one that appears to be the master bedroom. There is a large dresser and bed in here with some random articles of clothing thrown about. Anything in the dresser?
(50/50) Yes, and...
Bowling ball.
Leather jacket.
I find a polished bowling ball and a well broken in leather jacket. The jacket has some patches on it and a pair of wings on the back, must of belonged to a biker gang or wished he was. Either way I put this on over my shirt, it will offer me at least some protection against those monsters. The bowling ball although it sounds like fun to crush a zombies head with I don't want to take it because of its weight and it would be awkward to carry.
Ok one room left, the banging on the front door has gotten quieter, those bastards must be giving up. I head to the last bedroom, this one looks like a child's room. I see a couple toy cars and dinosaurs on the floor and posters of some cartoon character on the wall. Looks safe?
(50/50) No, but...
Compound-fractured zombie.
I am surprised by what looks to be a young boy no more than 5 or 6 with a broken leg crawling towards me when I enter. He is clearly not alive as half of his face is missing. I feel sorry for the little shit but I can't let him live if I want to search this room in peace. So I take out my sword and I wait for him to get just close enough to stick it through the top of his head.
Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.
Shit the sword grazes off the top of his head and rips his ear off as it slams into the floor. Damn dull piece of shit isn't sharp enough to pierce his skull. Does he get me?
(Unlikely) No.
He seems a little stunned by the attack so I take a few steps back. I remember the bowling ball in the other room and smile to myself. Looks like I will get to use it after all. I go grab the Polished bowling ball and I carry it back to the childs room. I stand with the ball raised over my head as he craws his way towards me. Just before he reaches me I swing my arms down throwing the bowling ball at his head. Do I hit?
(Very Likely) Yes.
With a loud crunch the child's head explodes in a rain of blood and brain matter leaving the bowling ball stuck in the ruin that was his head. He is clearly dead. I hear a window break downstairs. Shit looks like I better make this quick, Do I see anything?
(50/50) Yes.
Very high quality flint and steel.
This little guy must of been a cub scout. I pocket the Flint and steel and quickly make my way to the top of the stairs, have the zombies entered the house yet?
(50/50) No, but...
Looks like the coast is clear but I can see one of those slime covered jack asses reaching his arm through the broken window at the bottom of the stairs, oblivious to the broken glass that is flaying the skin from his dripping wet putrid arm. I run past him and I head for the back door of the house.
Is there a window I can look out?
(50/50) No, and...
I don't know if there is anything on the other side of this door but I don't really have much of a choice so I open it quietly and peek outside. Is it safe to go?
(50/50) Yes, but...
No zombies but I can see the dog house in the corner of the yard, there is a chain lying on the ground that appears to be broken. Well hopefully Fluffy isn't home. I make my way out the back door and into the yard, is Fluffy home?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No.
I glance in the dog house but it looks empty. Lucky. Ok well I can see the shopping mall is the next closest building to my current location. It would be a good place to look for food. How many stores are there?
6 = 6[d10]
Hard-to-reach zoo.
Dilapidated barracks.
Dilapidated home improvement store.
Disease-ridden library.
Poorly guarded safehouse.
Corpse-choked beach house.
Ok so from the sign out front I can see there is a Pet supplies Plus, an Army Recruitment Center, an Ace Hardware, a Borders Book store, The next stores name is missing from the sign and lastly Beach Bonanza. Must be some type of clothing store or something. Does the way look clear?
(50/50) No.
Is there zombies?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
1 = 1[d5]
Damn another undead fuck is standing in the parking lot of the mall. What is he anyways?
Hoard of zombies.
Oh shit just as I am trying to figure out what this zombie prick looks like a horde of zombies come wandering down the road from behind the pharmacy. There must be a shit ton of them.
20 = 20[d20]
Fuck its a bunch of Renfair zombies! There has got to be 20 of the nerds in full costume all making there way down the center of the street towards the mansion on the other side of town. It looks like the leader of them has some sort of large hammer and an apron on. Must be Blacksmith Zombie Nerd. OK well the last one is pretty much out of sight now so back to the jack ass in the parking lot. What the hell is that?
Leaping zombie.
As I am staring at him he all of the sudden jumps up onto the top of the car he was standing next to. Holy shit that was like a 2 meter jump straight up! Ok well now I am a little scared of this rabbit wannabe. I better try and avoid this guy if possible. I am going to army crawl the long way around to get to the back side of the mall. I start to make my way around on my stomach being as quite as possible. Does he notice me?
(Unlikely) No, but...
He is clearly not paying me any attention but I can make out what he is staring at through the windows of the front store of the mall.
Logical repairman.
Holy shit it looks to be some sort of guy wearing a tool belt and holding a hammer in his hand. He clearly does not look like a zombie. He must be an employee from the Ace Hardware. Maybe we could team up, 2 sounds like better odds than 1 even if he just serves as a distraction for me to get away and him to get eaten at some point on our journey. I make it a point to talk to him once I am inside. I make it to the back side of the building no longer in sight of the Hopping lunatic in the front parking lot.
Do I see any doors on the back of the building?
(Likely) Yes.
3 = 3[d3]
Nice there looks to be 3 doors back here. Hmm but which one should I try an open first. Is there any markings above the doors?
(50/50) No.
Doesn't look like there are any kind of names or badges over the doors to let me know which leads where so I guess I will just pick one and hope for the best. I check my watch real quick to make sure I got time before night fall which is generally around 9pm. It is currently 2:50pm, ok plenty of time left. Well here goes nothing I will try the door on the left. Is it locked?
(50/50) Yes.
Shit this door won't open, guess I will have to try the next one in the middle can I open it?
(50/50) No.
Damnit all this one is locked too. The door looks flimsy like I could possibly break it down to get inside if I needed to but I better check the last door before I go making a bunch of noise. Is this the door to let me in?
(Somewhat Likely) No.
Fuck this one is locked too! Well shit now I need a new plan, I wonder if maybe there is a door along the other side of the mall. I peek around the corner is it my lucky day?
(Likely) No, but...
No door but it looks like there is a broken window on the side of the Pet Supplies Plus. I wonder if I can make my way over there without the Leaper seeing me.
(Likely) No.
Crap just as I reach the window I accidently step on some broken glass and the bouncing betty in the front lets out a howl. I better climb in quick before he can make a meal out of me. Do I make it through the window before he reaches me?
(Somewhat Likely) No.
This is just not my lucky day, There is still some broken glass in the window frame and I can't make it through the window without seriously cutting myself looks like I will have to fight. I pull out my sword and turn to face the prick as he is rapidly approaching me bouncing along the whole way. Do I get the first swing in?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
Just as he reaches me I swing my sword hard aiming for that bastards head do I get him?
(50/50) No.
He hops over my swing like some kind of rabbit on steroids. Son of a bitch! I put my other arm up just in time to block his attack does he hit me?
(50/50) Yes, and...
He slams into me knocking me back into the brick wall behind me making me drop my sword and knocking the wind out of me.
Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.
Fuck alright you freak of nature how about this. I pull my taser out of my pocket and ram it towards his face. Does it connect?
(50/50) Yes.
The Taser jams into his face sticking inside his eye socket with a wet thud. I pull the trigger and pray to the heavens
Killed.
He jerks back standing straight up flailing around like a crazy man as the Taser cooks the inside of his head. Flames erupt from the bastards eye sockets and he drops to the ground like a sack of shit, dead as a doornail. I reach down and pull my Taser from his eye socket, looks like the battery will be good for at least one more charge. His body is on fire by this point and for some reason I find myself wishing I had some wieners and a stick right about now.
Ok so I turn back around and carefully pull the remaining glass shards out of the window frame so I can get through. I poke my head in the window to see if I can see anything, is there anything there?
(50/50) No.
Ok looks clear, I pick up and sheath my sword and I climb inside the window. I guess well I am here I might as well see what I can find. Anything good?
(50/50) Yes.
Superb lighter fluid.
looks like I am one step closer to those wieners over a fire, I cram the container into my jacket pocket. Is there any food or drinks?
(Somewhat Unlikely) Yes, and...
Score I find a unopened candy bar and a half drank bottle of water on the check out counter. I'm not to hungry or thirsty at this point so I stash them in my coat for now. Guess that's it for this store. there isn't a back room is there?
Oh shit there is a dead body in here. Looks like it was chewed apart by some sort of animal. Her name tag says Glenda, she must of had a bad day. Lets check her pockets, do I find anything?
(50/50) Yes, and...
Throwing knife.
Gas can.
What do we have here a nice looking throwing knife, I wonder what the hell she had that for. Looks like she was laying on a gas can too. I don't think I need the Gas can but I make a note of it in my head in case I might later. I put the knife in my shoe and head to the front of the store.
peaking through the glass do I see anything?
(Somewhat Unlikely) Yes, but...
I see another dead body on the floor, this one looks like a middle aged woman. She is laying in a puddle of blood. No zombies though. I make my way to the corpse and check her pockets. Anything?
(Somewhat Unlikely) Yes.
Matches.
She has some matches on her, she must of been a smoker. There is a large bite mark on her arm and a chunk taken out of her neck. I pocket the matches and look around me, what was the store that had no name on the sign?
Corpse-choked bridge.
The front of the store is buried under a bunch of dead corpses and I can't see the sign through all these bodies. I would rather not try and walk on these as they look like they are pretty good and rotten, I'm going to need something to use as a bridge. Lets see if we can find a sheet of plywood or something in Ace hardware. Does it look empty inside?
(50/50) Yes.
Hmm no zombies that I see, ok well I head inside. Lots of home improvement stuff, I should be able to find all kinds of goodies in here. Lets see do I find anything?
(Likely) Yes.
Claw hammer.
Perfect a heavy duty hammer with the claws on the back for pulling out nails. I could easily stick those through a zombies half rotted skull. I am starting to accumulate too much shit though maybe I can find some sort of contractor bag or tool belt?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
Sweet a nice heavy duty electrician's bag with lots of small pockets on the outside for sorting things. I grab this and throw it over my shoulder tossing the hammer, lighter fluid, how-to guide, metal clippers, candy, water bottle, and matches inside. Ok now is there anything that I might be able to use?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No.
Looks like this place has been cleared out pretty good. Oh well they do have some lumber. Anything I could use as a bridge?
(Likely) No, but...
I don't see any suitable boards but there is a long ladder. I might be able to lay this down over the corpses and make my way across. Its going to be kind of hard to move without making noise, lets hope there isn't any flesh eating pricks nearby. Is there?
(50/50) No.
I get the ladder out of the store and look around but I don't see any flesh eating assholes headed this way so I assume I am in the clear. I lay the ladder down over the bodies and it looks like I now have a safe way to cross the diseased carcasses without getting my boots dirty.
Before I head in there I think I will check out the last 2 stores first, lets see how about the Borders Book store. Maybe I could find a how-to zombie apocalypse guide as I chuckle to myself. I reach the front of the store, can I see anything inside?
(Somewhat Unlikely) Yes.
is it a zombie?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
Shit another Biter has set up shop behind the check out counter. What kind of rotten corpse is it?
Unusually fast zombie.
I can't really tell through the window, all I can see is that she looks like some kind of nerdy store clerk. This should be easy, could be a good opportunity to try out my trusty hammer. I pull my hammer out of my bag, is there anyway I could sneak up on her?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No.
She is looking right in the direction of the door so sneaking in is damn near impossible. I have an idea maybe if I distract her with something. Did I see anything I could throw back in ace hardware?
(Likely) No.
What was left in ace was all pretty big, it would be hard to throw anything there. What about the Pet Supply?
(Very Likely) Yes.
I run back and grab one of the many dog toys at Pet supply. This one is a brightly colored ball with a squeaker in it. I head back to Borders and with the hammer in one hand I throw the ball through the doorway aiming for the back of the store. Do I make it?
(Somewhat Likely) No, and...
With a loud squeak the ball hits the doorframe and bounces back out into the corridor. Did she notice it?
(Very Likely) Yes.
I see through the window the bitch looks straight up and the door and immediately runs over to it extremely fast for a rotting corpse. She glances at the rolling ball in the hallway and then looks straight at me. Fuck! I ready my hammer and prepare for the inevitable attack. She rushes towards me. Do I get the first hit?
(50/50) No.
Before I even have a chance to swing she is already on me gripping my jacket and trying to pull me in for the kill. Can I push her off me?
(50/50) No.
I try to push her away but her finger nails dig in deeper into my arm.
If I don't do something soon this book worm Bitch is going to turn me into her next dinner. She chomps down onto my arm, can she bite throw my leather jacket?
(Unlikely) No.
Damn that bitch has got a mouth on her but luckily for me she can't get through my jacket. I turn my hammer around so the claws are facing downwards and I swing it towards the bitches head. Do I hit?
I miss and hit my arm instead!
luckily I caught myself in the nick of time and slowed my swing so it wasn't enough to hurt. Meanwhile this chick is still attached to my arm trying to gnaw her way through my jacket. Can she do it?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No.
This is a nice heavy jacket to protect a biker from road rash, this fly infested bitch has no chance. I ready my hammer again and take another swing. Do I hit?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
With a sound like a board breaking in half the hammer sticks right into the top of her head imbedding itself into her skull is this enough to kill the nerd?
Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.
Her hands and teeth let go of my jacket and she stands there with her mouth wide open and a dumb look on her face, slowly she reaches up and feels the hammer sticking in her head. Well she is busy with that I pull the throwing knife out of my boot and I swing it for her throat does it connect?
(Likely) Yes, but...
The knife slashes across her throat nearly separating her head from her dumbfounded body. She stumbles back and falls down on her ass, the force of it along with the weight of the hammer is enough to rip her head back the rest of the way and blood sprays from her neck. I cover my face and close my eyes but my jacket still gets covered in unpopular virgin girls blood. Mother Fucker!
Killed.
Well I look down as the blood finally stops spraying and she is most definitely dead. I put my knife away and reach down to get my hammer I have to place my foot on the bitches chest and pull to get the hammer free but instead the last strips of flesh tear free and her head comes with it. Son of a bitch, ok well I try to scrape her head off the hammer with the doorframe then. Am I successful?
(50/50) Yes.
Her head slides off the end of the hammer claws and thumps down to the floor with a wet thud. I kick it across the hallway for good measure.
Well I suppose it is time to check out the book store now. As I head inside and begin to browse the shelves I notice that most of the books are very disorganized. Finding anything worthwhile is going to be difficult to say the least. Can I find anything on zombies?
(Very Likely) Yes.
3 = 3[d5]
I find 3 different books on zombies but are any of them useful to me?
(Unlikely) Yes.
3 = 3[d3]
Wow ok so apparently this particular store is well stocked on zombie survival guides and all 3 of them seem to have useful information in them. How many new skills do I learn?
2 = 2[d3]
Physics.
History.
According to the one book I learn the proper physics involving your typical zombies center of gravity and better ways to knock them down or throw them off balance in a fight. The other book has a detailed history and accounts from well known "Zombie Slayers" throughout the last 200 years. According to the cover the Author thought these people were all crazy or pathological lairs. Bet he thinks differently now. I pick up a few general tips on combating zombies.
I take a look at my watch. 4:10pm wow i have spent way to much time reading these books I need to get a move on if I am going to finish exploring the rest of this mall before it starts to get dark. I take one last look around was there anything else that could be helpful to me besides books?
(Unlikely) No, but...
Nothing that I see strikes my interest but I do see a door that was partially hidden behind a knocked over book shelf. Maybe it leads to a room in the back of the store? I think I will check it out. Is the door locked?
(50/50) No, and...
As I turn the handle and begin to open the door the bookshelf that was leaning against the door falls the rest of the way over making a loud Bang. Does anyone hear it?
(50/50) Yes.
was it a zombie?
(50/50) No, and...
I hear a feint whimper come from the back of the room, I ready my weapon and jump around the corner expecting one of the undead legion only to find?
Insane photographer.
A young woman with black hair is crouched down in the corner of the room, she has tears streaming down her cheeks clutching in her hands what looks to be a picture of some sort. I realize she must obviously be terrified of me standing in the doorway covered in blood and holding a gore coated hammer in my hands. I lower my hammer and I apologize to her "Whoa I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you. I thought you were one of those monsters out there. Whats a young woman like yourself doing in a place like this?
"Stay away!" she yells. "I don't have anything of value so there is no reason to come any closer, just leave me alone!"
I can hear her mumbling to herself under her breath. I'm a little taken back by her sudden outburst but I can understand the situation. "Listen I'm not going to hurt you, I am just looking for supplies and a safe place to stay for the night. Are you hurt?" Does she trust me?
(50/50) No.
"Stay back! I know your type, you will take anything you can get from anyone even if it kills them! I am never trusting another human being ever again, not after what happened last time.."
I'm not sure what she means but I imagine something bad must have happened to her for her to act this way. I will try reasoning with her again. "Listen your the only living thing I have seen all day, I have no reason to hurt you and I certainly don't need anything that you have on you. Speaking of which what is that picture you are holding?"
"It's a picture of my mom." She says as tears once again start rolling down her face. "It's all I have left of her." She says well softly crying.
"I'm sorry to hear that, I just woke up in a tent in an army camp about a half kilometer from here. I'm not even sure if I had a family. I can't seem to remember anything from before this morning."
Does she seem to want to talk to me about it?
"I wish I was so lucky." she says. "I got to see my mom and little brother ripped apart into little pieces by those Things right in front of me!" All because some Asshole like you promised to help us. He said he knew of somewhere safe to go so we let him drive. As soon as he got in the car he took off pushing my mother out of the passenger door and forcing me and my brother to jump out the back door of the car." tears Begin to well up in her eyes again. "My little brother was the first to get eaten, we were attacked by a whole group of them well we slept in the old pharmacy that night. They dragged him off and I could hear him screaming as they tore into him with there teeth, my mother grabbed my arm and we ran. That's all we could do, we made it over to the mall and we broke a window in the Pet store to get in but one of the monsters heard it and they attacked us in the hallway. My mom got bit in the neck and i seen her fall down. I ran into the book store and I shut myself inside this room."
"That's terrible." I say realizing that the woman whom I found the matches on must of been her mother. "How long have you been in here for anyways?"
"I have been in here for 3 days." She says. "I tried to get out a couple hours after we were attacked but something must of fell in front of the door and I couldn't get out."
"It was a bookcase, it must of got knocked over by one of those zombies that attacked you." I tell her. "look i understand you have had a bad experience with dealing with strangers but I can promise you that I am not like that. I think if we work together maybe we can both find a way to get through this. What do you say, do you want to stay here all by yourself or do you want to trust me and get revenge on those monsters that took your family away from you?"
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
She wipes her hand across her face and sniffles, her features suddenly growing serious. "I want to kill every last one of those assholes! I guess I can trust you, you don't seem anything like that last guy that betrayed us. My name is Karen by the way. What's your name?"
"nice to meet you Karen, I'm Kevin. If we are going to find someplace safe to stay the night we better get going. I'm pretty sure I seen another survivor in the mall when I was outside earlier. Do you know of anyone else in the mall?"
"No" She says "I didn't see anyone else when we ran in here." She stuffs the picture in her back pocket and stands up. "Ok well I will follow you then."
"Do you have anything else on you right now?"
(50/50) No.
"No" she replies "like I said all I have is this picture of my mom."
"Ok well here take this hammer, I have a sword as well so I will be fine without it. Do you know how to fight these things at all?" I ask as i hand her the hammer.
(50/50) No, but...
"No but I think i got the general idea of it." she replies.
"Ok well stick close and don't go wondering off on your own. I seen what looked to be some type of Hawaiian clothing store next door to here I haven't checked it out yet so lets start there."
"Alright." She says. Is there anything else that looks useful in this room?
(Somewhat Unlikely) Yes, and...
Scrap metal.
Clothing.
I spot some scrap metal on one of the shelves and a vest with some pockets across the front.
"Here you should put this on." I tell her. "The extra pockets could come in handy if you need someplace to carry things."
"Ok" she says "That sounds like a good idea." She puts it on over her tank top. I don't think I need the scrap metal so I am going to leave it and make a mental note of it being here.
I walk on over to the entrance of Beach Bonanza with Karen trailing closely behind and I take a peek into the store. Do I see anything?
(50/50) Yes.
I see one of the clothes racks in the back shake like something bumped into it. I put my hand out signaling for Karen to stop walking and she halts right away. Can I see what bumped the clothes rack?
(50/50) Yes.
is it a zombie?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
Virulent zombie.
It looks to be a sickly zombie. It is crawling across the floor dragging its legs behind it. Is there anything else in here?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No.
Ok so he seems to be the only one in here. I whisper to Karen to wait here, she seems reluctant but then shakes her head in agreement. I begin to tiptoe into the store. I am going to try and sneak up on him. Does the zombie spot me?
(Somewhat Unlikely) Yes.
The zombie turns his head and sees me walking like a fairy princess towards him. He snarls and immediately begins to head towards me at a quicker pace.
I stop the lame attempt to go unnoticed and I pull my sword from its scabbard and begin walking towards the diseased freak. Just before i get there the bastard lifts his head back and haucks a big green loogie my way. Can I dodge it?
(50/50) Yes, and...
I step out of the way of the disgusting ball of puss that flies past me. It hits the window behind me and immediately begins to melt the glass. Oh great acid spitting zombies, that's all i need.
I quicken my pace and I rush up to him and I thrust my sword down towards his face, determined to not let that gross fuck get another shot off. Do I hit him?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes, and...
My aim is true and my sword plunges into the top of his head.
He seems largely unaffected by this. He must be one tough son of a bitch! He swings his arm at my leg does it hit?
(50/50) Yes.
His arm smacks my jeans but doesn't really hurt that bad. Whatever contagions this guy is carrying must of really weakened his muscles.
This time I'm going to swing my sword around and try and decapitate this thing. I slash with my sword can I do it?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
My sword chops into his neck and clean out the other side sending little green goblets of acid flying across to the other side of the room.
Killed.
His head rolls to the ground in front of his still flinching corpse as green acid begins to seep out of his neck burning a hole in the flooring below.
Nice, take that you putrid fuck! Ok I signal for Karen that its safe and she enters the room. Do we see anything worth while?
(50/50) Yes.
2 = 2[d3]
Bullet-proof vest.
Pump-action shotgun (12 gauge).
Damn I didn't expect to find shit in this preppy ass store but what do you know, Jackpot! I toss the bullet proof vest to Karen and tell her to put it on.
"Thank you." She says "But will you be alright?
"Oh yeah, this here leather jacket has already saved my ass once I will be fine. Besides I would hate to see something happen to you."
She visibly blushes and turns her head away. "Thanks." She says with a hint of a smile on her face.
Is there any ammo for the shotgun?
(Likely) Yes.
7 = 2[d20]+5
I find a box of shells lying on the counter next to were the shotgun was. Looks like there are only 7 shells, How many can the shotgun chamber?
7 = 4[d5]+3
Sweet this shotgun has a long magazine under the barrel, is it already loaded?
(50/50) No, and...
I rack the action back and see that there is no ammo in the gun currently. Unfortunately there seems to be a spent shell jammed in the gun. Can I get it out with my fingers?
(50/50) Yes.
Ok I manage to get the shell out of the gun and I load all 7 rounds into the shotgun clambering the first. Does it have a sling?
(50/50) Yes.
I look at Karen and ask her if she has ever used a crossbow before?
(50/50) No.
"No" she says "but if you show me I am sure i could get the hang of it pretty quick." I show her the basics and then I give her my crossbow with the 8 bolts that i have left for it.
"Ok, I think i can handle this." she says as she puts the strap over her shoulder. I sling the shotgun over mine and take one last look around before deciding that there is nothing else worthwhile in the room. I check my watch. 4:45pm. Lets head to the next place in the mall, the sign out front said it was an army recruitment center. Maybe there are some weapons or ammo.
There is still the matter of the repair man that I seen through the window of that unknown store but I would like to finish scouting out the rest of this mall before I go in there, just in case things get bad and I gotta get out of here in a hurry. Besides I have yet to see him once now and with all the commotion these damn zombies have been causing you would think he would of come to investigate by now. Shit who knows maybe it wasn't even a real person, I didn't get a very good look at him, he could of just been a manikin or something.
As I round the last corner of the corridor I finally come across the Army Recruitment center. Is there anything else I find?
(50/50) Yes.
Is it another brain dead zombie?
(50/50) Yes, and...
Is there more than 1?
(50/50) No, but...
Just as I round the last corner of the mall corridor I am caught off guard by another Dead Head. He lunges at me, can I get out of the way in time?
(50/50) No, and...
Fuck, not only do I fail to dodge this freak I trip and fall over backwards. Before I have a chance to even get up he is on me! I stick my arms out in front of me to catch him, Can I hold him back?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
Just as he falls on top of me I catch him with my arms outstretched. His arms are grabbing at mine and his teeth are biting at the air not a foot from my face. "Karen!" I yell. Does she help me out with this undead prick?
(50/50) No, and...
I catch a glimpse of Karen out of the corner of my eye, she is staring right at me with the hammer clutched to her chest frozen with fear. "Karen!" I yell again "I could use a little help here." Just then the bastard takes a swing at my face does it get me?
(50/50) No.
I jerk my head to the side as his half rotted hand slams into the ground only centimeters from my face. I'm going to try and dislodge this thing, can I flip him over?
(50/50) No.
Damnit this guy is strong I can't seem to get him off of me. Has Karen regained her senses yet?
Just as I am beginning to wonder what kind of sandwich this cannibal corpse is going to turn me into, Karen appears right over top of us with the hammer held high. "Die!" She yells. Does she get him?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
She smacks the creep right in the back of the head, punching a hammer size hole through his weakened skull with a satisfying crunch. He is stunned by the blow and i take this opportunity to throw the bastard off of me, can I do it?
(Likely) Yes, and...
I flip the rotted puke over and now I am on top of him, I reach up and grab the hammer from Karen's shaking hands smashing it into his face over and over.
Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.
This whole ordeal has left me rather exhausted and I cannot swing the hammer with enough force to do any real damage. The zombie has seemed to regain his senses now and attempts to grab at my jacket, does he get me?
(50/50) No.
I have his arms pinned down to his sides and his is unable to get free. I take another swing at his face with the hammer.
This time the head of the hammer punches straight into his eye socket completely pulverizing what was left of his damaged skull. His body begins to go limp, I smash the hammer down into his ruined face one more time for funsies.
Killed.
That takes care of that, I look up at Karen and she reaches her hand out to help me up. "Thanks" I say. "I owe you one."
"It was no problem." She says with a smile "I'm sorry it took me so long to do something."
"Don't worry about it. That rotten puke is dead and not the other way around so it all worked out in the end." She seems relieved that I am not mad at her and a smile flashes across her face as I stand up. I hand her back the hammer and dust myself off. "Alrighty then, how about we check this Army place out."
"Alright." She says wiping the hammer off on the dead flesh eaters shirt.
I make my way to the entrance of the Army Recruitment Center Pausing for a second. Can I hear anything coming from inside?
(50/50) No.
There is a ripped up, blood stained American flag lying across some of the bench seats along the wall. I can faintly see a shape under the flag of a human and there hand is dangling out from under the edge of the flag, blood dripping from the finger tips. There are lots of scattered Military pamphlets and paperwork but I don't see anything worth taking. I spot a line of bullet holes going down the wall behind the desk, must of been from an automatic weapon of some kind. I also see there is a hallway leading into the back but I can't tell were it goes. I will have to enter the room to search more closely.
I signal for Karen to stay close and then we both head into the room cautiously. I draw my sword just in case I need it. I think I want to examine the dead human, if it is actually dead that is, under the bloody flag. I slowly approach it and I don't see any movement. I reach for the corner of the flag and begin to carefully lift it up. Zombie?
(Unlikely) Yes.
Just as I get the corner of the flag up high enough to take a peek the dangling hand suddenly comes to life and grabs my wrist! Fuck Me!! I swing my sword for his arm attempting to cut myself loose. Does it work?
(Somewhat Likely) No.
The dull sword stops when it hits bone and doesn't manage to cut the arm loose. The newly risen zombie sits up and the flag falls from his upper body and I get my first good look at my assailant.
Screaming zombie.
It is an older man, clearly he has not been dead for very long as he still has most of his skin and flesh intact. He is wearing some sort of military fatigues. He must be the recruiter of this fine establishment. He opens his mouth to an unnatural extent and lets loose with a blood curdling scream!
The sound is not unlike fingernails running down a chalkboard but x 100 louder. Ahhh!! I drop my sword and clutch my ear with my one free hand and dig the other ear into my shoulder. I can see that Karen is in a squatting position with both hands firmly pressed over her ears, I can't hear it but she looks to be screaming as well.
The howling banshee turns his face well still screaming and looks directly at me, I am screaming at this point too. I quickly lower my arm and jab him in the face with all my might. Does it work?
(Somewhat Likely) No.
My fist hits his forehead and his head tilts back but then it comes right back. It didn't seem to even phase him. He grabs my jacket with his other arm and begins to stand up as I try desperately to back away. I kick out with my foot aiming for his chest. Do I stop the loud mouth in his tracks?
(50/50) No, and...
My foot hits him squarely in the chest and the thing looks down at it for a second but then continues to stand. No I am panicking and I cannot take this horrible racket for much longer. I grab his shoulder with my free hand and I head-butt him with everything I got. Let this work!
(50/50) Yes.
That seems to do it as my head slams down on his and forcibly closes his mouth right onto his outstretched tongue severing it in a spray or arterial fluid!
Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.
The terrible wailing finally comes to an abrupt end and I seize the opportunity to grab my metal shears from my back pocket and jab them into his gut. Does this allow me to break free?
(50/50) Yes.
I sink the ends of the 3 inch blades into his lower gut all the way to the handles. This along with his still bleeding tongue is enough to momentarily distract the beast and he lets go of my wrist. I quickly grab the other handle of the shears with my free hand and I begin franticly shearing at the inside of the creeps guts.
Killed.
By this point I am laughing hysterically as the freak of nature falls backwards to the ground, I let myself go with him happily slicing and dicing everything In sight that falls out of his ruptured belly. After about 30 seconds or so I realize the loud mouth is dead. As I begin to stand up I notice Karen looking right at me giving me a very strange look. "What?" I say as I pick some of the pieces of ghoul intestine off my jacket tossing them to the floor.
"Oh nothing." She replies "I just thought you might of gone crazy there for a second."
"Who me?" I say with a sly grin well twisting my finger in my ear. "I just got a little carried away is all. I couldn't take that horrendous screeching any longer."
"Yeah I hear you on that. I thought my eardrums were going to explode." She says with a laugh. I laugh too when I inspect my sheers and realize they are beyond repair. Guess I did go a little overboard there. I toss the shears down into the pile of mutilated organs lying on the floor. Won't be needing those anymore.
I lean down and pick up my sword, I may as well search this guys pockets well I am down here. Who knows maybe the good sergeant has something useful on him?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
3 = 3[d3]
Very high quality motor oil.
Canned food.
Cheap cleaver.
As I begin to search the many pockets on his uniform I pull out a half empty bottle of motor oil. I haven't a clue why the hell he would be carrying this but dead men don't talk so I set that aside and pull out what looks to be a can of Spaghetti-O's. Score! Its the kind with meatballs in it too, I shall devour this later as I am clearly working up an appetite with all this rampant killing. Oh and what do we have here a large meat cleaver in his cargo pants pocket. The handle is made out of some type of manufactured wood but it still looks like it could do some serious damage. Picturing myself cutting zombie steaks I toss the Cleaver into my bag.
Alright Now to finish checking this place out. I'm going to leave the oil here, I could possibly start a zombie cookout with it but I don't see the stuff catching fire too easy. Which suddenly reminds me of the gas can that I found in Pet Supplies Plus. "Shit I guess I could use that for something after all." I say to myself. Maybe I will go back for it later. ok I am kind of curious if there is anything behind that desk with the bullet holes nearby. I think I will have a peak. I walk on over with my sword out and have a looksee. Anything?
(Unlikely) No.
Ok good no freakazoids back there. Doesn't seem to be much else up here other then a few knocked over chairs and empty bullet casings. I glance at my watch which reads 5:15pm and I walk on over to the hallway in the back of the room. Can I tell if the hallway dead ends or not?
(50/50) Yes.
It looks like it is just a straight hallway leading a short distance down into the building. How many doors are there?
3 = 3[d3]
Looks like there are 3 separate rooms are any of the doors open?
(50/50) Yes, and...
3 = 2[d3]+1
All 3 doors seem to be open already so I shouldn't have to worry about any unseen surprises lurking behind the doors. I look at Karen who nods at me, and with Karen following closely behind we both start to slowly head for the first door on the left.
I reach the door frame and we both stop. I grip the handle of my sword with both hands and I turn my head around to take a peek. Anything alive or kind of alive in here?
(Unlikely) No.
The room seems to be free of any walking nightmares so I still into the doorway and have a look around. There are boxes and distilled water jugs scattered about. I see a couple large signs and steamers tucked away in the corner, this must of been a storage room of some kind. I walk over to the water jugs to get a closer look, are any of them still full?
They all seem to be empty and the boxes contain nothing but army pamphlets. Damn I guess I won't be finding shit in here. Lets check the next room. We make our way to the adjacent door just a little further up the hall. As I reach the door I get a whiff of something nasty. "Ugh What the fuck is that?" I say pinching my nose shut. Karen seems to smell whatever it is I smell too as she does the same. "I have no idea." She says "But whatever it is it reeks!" I nod my head in agreement, true I have smelled some pretty horrible things in my life but whatever god forsaken thing is in this next room takes the cake. It smells like a wet dog who rolled around in a bunch of used diapers and rotten eggs, all the while puking up cabbage as its bowels let loose all over the place.
I suddenly lose whatever appetite I had. What the hell is making that smell anyways, lets have a look. Is it the walking dead?
(50/50) No, but...
As I peek inside I see a bunch of large black garbage backs thrown on top of each other in a pile nearly 2 meters tall. There is some sort of brownish green liquid accumulated around the bottom of the pile on the floor seeping into the carpet. Whatever is in those bags must be making this god-awful smell. Do I risk loosing my lunch to enter this room and have a look around?
(50/50) No, and...
I decide whatever the hell is inside those bags can stay there as I probably wouldn't want to know anyways. I decide to close the door as well. Maybe that will help keep the smell in there. Was there a rag or anything I seen in the storage room that I can use to cover the bottom gap under the door?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
I go and grab the used rag I seen sitting on one of the boxes in the storage room and I stuff it under the door leading to the rancid sack room. Well that should help with that. It still smells a little but we will just have to deal with it. There is only one room left at the end of the hall, I can see a bronze nameplate on the door which reads Sgt. Cooper. This must be the office of that screaming psychopath I disemboweled in the waiting room. As we reach the door I say "I hope Coop was a fan of bring your gun to work day." Karen giggles and we both take a look inside. Any "Be all that you can be" diseased freaks in here?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No.
The room looks clear of any flesh eaters. I see a few filing cabinets against the wall, There is a large wooden desk in the center of the room and a couple chairs in front of it. There is a large discolored spot on the wall in the shape of a rectangle. This must of been where that flag that Cooper had draped over him came from. There is a bottle of some sort on the desk and a few more pamphlets. Do I see anything else before I enter the room?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No.
Looks like Coop wasn't a fan of clutter. We both walk into the room and have a look around. Is there anything that jumps out at me?
(50/50) Yes, but...
Wire.
I see a spool of heavy gauge copper wire in the corner of the room. Not sure why this is in here but it looks pretty heavy. I don't want to be lugging that around town so I think I will leave it there.
Does Karen find anything?
(Unlikely) No.
"I don't see anything useful." Karen says "Just a bunch of outdated military magazines and more of these pamphlets."
"I'm going to look in the desk." I tell her as I walk around to the front of the desk. How many drawers are there?
5 = 5[d5]
There are 4 square drawers each going up the sides of the desk in pairs and 1 wider drawer in the center of the desk. Lets try the Square drawers on the left anything interesting?
(50/50) Yes.
1 = 1[d3]
Notebook.
I pull out a dusty notebook in the one drawer. I open it up and have a look inside, could this be the miracle cure for ending the zombie apocalypse!
(Almost Impossible) No, but...
Definitely not a cure as I am taken back a bit by very vulgar pictures of the sergeant posing in woman's underwear..
I immediately drop the book back into the drawer and quickly close it. As I look up Karen is staring at me with a weird look on her face. "what was that?" She asks. "I think I preferred the putrid pile of garbage in the other room." I tell her. She seems a little confused by this statement but she just shakes her head and goes back to flipping through one of the magazines.
I have the sudden urge to wash my hands after I touched that notebook but lets finish digging through this desk first. Alright Coop you sick Fuck, what do you got hiding in these drawers on the right. Hoping to keep the contents of my stomach inside my stomach I open the drawers. Anything good?
(50/50) No.
There are a couple of small shot glasses in the upper drawer and some useless paperwork in the bottom one. Damn, ok well last but not least the long center drawer. Come on Coop don't let me down you perverted bastard. Jackpot?
(Somewhat Likely) No.
Inside is a bottle of lotion and what looks to be a rolled up porn mag...
"For Christ's Sake!" I blurt out loud well stepping away from the desk of horrors. Karen has a look of general concern on her face. "What, what is it!" She says. "Believe me, you don't want to know." I tell her as I come back around the desk. I take a look at the bottle on the desk well still trying to forget the last couple minutes of my life. Is it something we can use?
(Somewhat Likely) No.
The bottle is a partially empty fifth of cheap bourbon that the Sarge must of been fond of. I have the mental picture of Coop in a thong flash through my brain again and suddenly the thought of drinking after him out of that bottle makes my stomach turn. "Alright." I say. "This place officially sucks. Other than the couple useful things I found on Sargent Horndog this was a total bust. I don't know about you but unlike Victoria, I don't want to find out any more of the sergeants secrets." I make my way for the Mall corridor leaving Karen behind with a puzzled look on her face.
Karen catches up with me as we both exit the recruiting center. "Ok." I say "There is one place left to go in this mall and it is the store that I think I seen that repair guy in. There is a bunch of dead zombies blocking the entrance but I already laid down a ladder over them for us to cross on."
"What ever you say boss." She replies with a grin. Smartass I think to myself. "Well off we go then." I say as I begin walking in the direction of the make-shift bridge.
Just before we reach the section of the mall with the unknown store and Pet Supply Plus a mental picture of Karen's mom lying in a pool of blood pops into my head. I suddenly stop walking. "What's up?" Karen says. "I was just thinking that maybe I should check things out ahead and make sure the coast is clear before we go any further."
"Um ok, I guess that sounds like a good idea." Karen replies. "Do you want me to just wait here in the hallway for you?"
I look around is there someplace safe that Karen can wait for me?
(Somewhat Likely) No.
I don't see anything in the general vicinity. Are we close to Borders?
(Likely) No, but...
We have yet to run into Borders again however I know it is just ahead around the corner. "Alright I got an Idea." I tell her. "Follow me."
We both walk on over to where Borders Bookstore was located and we stop at the front entrance to the store. "Wait for me in the room that I found you in ok. You should be safe in there, just close the door and lock it behind you. I will be back shortly." I tell her
"Well I'm not really a fan of that room seeing as I was trapped in there for 3 days but ok I trust you." She says. "Be careful ok, and don't forget to come back for me." She says with a smile.
"You got it." I say with a nod. Ok then I will either have to move the body or find something to cover it up with. As I round the last corner I spot the partially eaten corpse of Karen's mother, only she is no longer lying in a pool of blood on the floor anymore, she is all the way down the hall and on the opposite side of the ladder bridge banging on the door of that store!
Shit! What am I going to do now. I swing my head around to make sure I am out of sight of Borders just in case Karen decides to take a look over this way. Am I?
(Likely) Yes.
Ok good Borders is back around the bend there so there is no chance Karen can see me. Now what am I going to do about this damn partially digested Soccer Mom zombie. There is no way I can sneak up on her if I have to cross that rickety ladder and I don't want to use my shotgun for fear of having Karen come running to see what happened when she hears the gunshot. I will have to get her to come to me if I have any chance of taking her down quietly.
Just then I devise a plan in my head. I say to myself "Well it works in the movies right?" I pull my sword out of its scabbard and I begin to hit it against the corner of the wall. "Herrrre Zombie Zombie. Dinner is served, come get a nice juicy bite of this." As I shake my ass in her direction and slap it.
Does my cunning plan to get her attention work?
(Very Likely) Yes.
She stops banging on the door and turn in my direction, she lets out a scream and starts to cobble her way towards my position over the pile of rotten zombie carcasses. Alright step one complete now to see this plan through to the finish. I step back around the corner and I stick the sword out in front of me so the bitch can't see me. She is getting close now, I hear her just around the corner. Here she comes! Does my tactical genius prove too much for her?
(Somewhat Likely) No.
She rounds the corner making a wide turn completely missing me. Fuck! I guess I expected her to make a sharp turn. Alright plan B. Run at her with my big sword like fucking Braveheart!
I let out a Warcry that could of shook the heavens, or so I would like to think anyways and I charge the bitch who foiled my brilliant plan. "Die you coupon clipping Bitch! Do I get the first attack in?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
I swing my sword at her mid run aiming for her neck. Am I a Valiant knight ready to defend my kingdom at a moments notice?
(50/50) Yes, and...
Killed.
With us both charging each other the momentum alone is enough to see my blade slice right into her neck and clean out the other side sending her overly short haircut sailing across the hallway and smacking into the wall behind me with a nice wet thud.
"Victory!" I yell as I stretch my arms over my head and spin around in a circle. "Though you have fought well you are no match for me peasant woman!" As I point my sword at her decapitated head.
Did Karen hear the commotion?
Just then I catch sight of a figure standing in the window of the unknown store staring at me. Is it the repair guy?
It's the same guy I seen from outside the mall. I guess he wasn't a manikin after all. I can see he is waving me over like he wants me to come talk to him. I still have the matter of hiding this body somewhere and going back for Karen before I plan to go over there. I put up my index finger giving him the sign to wait a minute. I see him nod and go back inside the store letting the curtain swing back over the window. Ok now what to do with the body of Karen's mother?
Can I drag it into the Pet Supplies Plus store?
She looks kind of heavy and I don't really want to get my hands dirty. What if I had something to drag her with?
(Likely) No, but...
Her flesh is pretty rotted anything I tried tying around her would probably just rip pieces off. Suddenly an idea pops in my head. What if I chop her up with my lovely new meat cleaver first?
(Likely) No, but...
That's gonna make quite the mess maybe I can find a tarp or maybe a dog blanket in the pet supplies to put under her first. I walk into the store and have a look around. Do I see anything that will work?
(Likely) Yes.
Aha aisle 4 Doggy piddle pads, these will do nicely I grab 4 of them and head back over to the beheaded suburban soccer mom. I slide a pad under each arm and leg, I note the sticker that states these are super absorbent. Good thing too cause this is gonna get messy.
I pull out my meat cleaver from my bag. Well here goes nothing. The first arm comes off with a wet thunk. Shit this is even easier than I thought it would be. Ok, next arm you soon to be quadriplegic bitch. Does Anyone notice me dismembering the corpse?
(Unlikely) No.
The next arm and the legs come off without incident though I must admit hacking through those thigh bones was a little tougher than expected. Is the cleaver still in good order?
(50/50) No.
I think I wasted the blade on this knife and I cracked the fake wooden handle too. Looks like this thing is garbage. I toss it over my shoulder. Ok Now to hide these real quick. I wrap the piddle pad around one of the legs and carry it into the Pet store tossing it in the back. "Next!" after about 5 minutes all that is left is the stumpy torso and the severed head. Time to drag this sack of shit so she can be with her other parts. I grab hold of the body and begin dragging her towards to store kicking her head along the way in front of me. The bloody body leaves a long red trail all the way to the store, that could be a problem.
After dropping the body off I go back and grab the head that skidded into the shelf near the entrance. I grab it and drop kick it across the store like I am making a field goal. Is it good?
(50/50) No.
The head goes right out the broken window and rolls into the street outside... "Shit!" Well that was a stupid idea. There is no way in hell I am going out there after it. I shrug my shoulders "Fuck it."
Do I see anything I can clean up the blood trail with?
(Likely) Yes, and...
I grab a bottle of carpet cleaner and one of the Piddle Pads off the shelf and I spend about 5 minutes cleaning up the trail into the pet store. There is still a bit of blood out in the hallway but it doesn't lead directly here so I should be good. I grab rough day Glenda and I toss her corpse on top of the pile of mutilated body parts that was once Karen's mom. I clap my hands together "Done." Alright now to go get Karen and be on our happy way.
I make my way back to Borders in short order, whistling a tune along the way. Upon reaching the entrance do I spot anything out of place?
(Somewhat Unlikely) Yes.
Does it have anything to do with Karen?
(50/50) No.
Is it a Zombie?
(Somewhat Likely) No.
Another Person by chance?
(Unlikely) No, and...
Is Karen's door open!?
(50/50) No.
Am I now haunted by the image of the Sergeant in drag and I am now hallucinating?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
I see a poster of a woman posing in her undies along the wall of the corridor as I reach the store and another vile image of the sergeant modeling in those same panties pops into my head. Do I throw up?
(Likely) Yes, and...
I blow chunks just as Karen comes walking out the front of the store. "Oh my god are you Ok?" she asks.
"Yeah I'll live." I reply as I stand up straight wiping my mouth with my hand. "Must of ate some bad seafood." I say with a grin.
"If you say so." Karen replies with a raised eyebrow. "You were gone so long I was starting to get worried. I was just on my way to come check on you. Did you see anything?"
"Nope not a damn thing, place is completely zombie free." I say without making eye contact well looking around the hallway. Does she believe me?
(50/50) Yes, and...
"Oh well that's good!" She says with a smile. "I guess we can go check out that store you mentioned with the possible, what was it? A contractor inside?"
My incredible skills of deception have obviously fooled her and a smile forms on the corner of my mouth as I speak. "Yeah, some type of repair guy or something." I say. "In fact I seen the same guy on my little scouting trek not 15 minutes ago. He was waving to me through the window of the store."
"Oh really!? Well let's get going then." Karen replies well hefting the crossbow sling higher up on her shoulder.
"Yes Ma'am!" I reply with a salute and a grin, spinning around on the balls of my feet. "Forward to Victory!" I announce drawing my sword and pointing it in the direction of the unknown store as I begin to march forward with a high step. I can hear Karen giggling behind me.
As we round the last corner the ladder sitting on top of the rotting corpses comes into view. "We are going to want to cross that ladder." I mention. "You don't want to get your feet wet walking through those decomposing stiffs." What kind of shoes is Karen wearing anyways, as I glance at her feet. Sneakers?
(50/50) Yes.
She is wearing a pair of skateboard shoes, they are a little worn here and there but they seem in good condition. She shouldn't have a problem crossing the ladder.
We reach the ladder and come to a halt. "I will cross first." I say "You know to make sure it is safe and all."
"Ok." She replies with a slight grin. "Watch your step."
I tilt my hat towards her and turn my attention back to the ladder. "Don't fuck this up now Kevin." I say to myself as I place my foot on the first step. Do I fuck it up?
(50/50) Yes.
Just as I put my foot full weight onto the first step the whole ladder shifts in the pile of rotting cadavers and I begin to lose my balance wobbling back and forth swing my arms around in the air. Do I regain my footing?
(50/50) Yes.
Just as I begin to think all hope is lost my cat like reflexes kick in and I steady myself on the ladder. I turn back around to Karen. "See I got this." I tell her.
"Whatever you say Champ." She replies with a sarcastic smile.
I turn back around a little put off by Karen's obvious lack of faith in my ability to cross this ladder without incident. "I'll show her." I think to myself. As I start to make my way across the sea of corpses. Do I make it to the other side smelling like roses?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
As I step off the last rung of the ladder I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding. I turn to Karen and announce "See there is nothing to it." with a grin.
"Ah yes, I can see you are quite skilled." she replies with a smile.
"Smartass." I whisper under my breath as I bend down and grip the ladder to help hold it steady for Karen to cross. Does she cross the ladder with no problems?
Karen swiftly hops across the rungs of the ladder even skipping a few as she goes, jumping off the end for a perfect landing on the concrete next to me.
"Tedah!". She says well raising her arms up over her head and quickly lowering them to her sides.
"Show off." I say with a smile as I stand up and dust my hands off. Alright then now what was the name of this fine establishment anyways.
Burning underpass.
"The Flame-Broiled Roadside Steakhouse." I announce as I read the sign aloud. My stomach suddenly grumbles as I finish reading the name. Suddenly I realize I am getting hungry, especially now after throwing up the contents of my stomach not long ago. I glance at the dented can of spaghetti-O's in my bag and give them a sour look. "Maybe Mr. Home depot has got a Porterhouse steak grilled up for us in there." I say with a sarcastic smile to Karen beside me.
"Somehow I doubt that." She replies.
"Me to." I think as I turn back around and reach for the door handle. Is there a Delicious sizzling succulent steak on a platter just for me on the other side of this door?
(Unlikely) No.
I turn the handle and open the door to find a room with some upturned tables and knocked over chairs scattered about. There is a caged off area where the kitchen should be. "Of course not I say." with a frown as my stomach grumbles again.
I slide the shotgun off my shoulder and disable the safety mechanism before entering the room. I turn to signal for Karen to wait here and she replies with a nod gripping her crossbow in hand. As I enter the room I check both sides around me and I step through the doorway. Do I see the repair guy?
(Likely) No, but...
The Repair guy isn't in sight but I get a closer look at the caged off area behind the counter. It looks to be some hurriedly slapped together sections of chicken wire essentially blocking off the entire entrance into the kitchen in the back. There is some scraps of bloody meat hanging on a couple areas of the fence and I seriously doubt it's beef. I see a small rectangular cutout at the counter no taller than 6 inches x 12 inches long. As I approach the fenced in area with the shotgun at the ready does anything happen?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
Just then the Repair guy walks around the corner behind the fence from the kitchen and stops dead in his tracks when he sees me. He drops the item he is carrying and raises his hands over his head.
"Whoa Buddy take it easy!" He says. "I don't mean no harm. I didn't see you folks enter."
As he says that I glance behind me to see Karen leaning through the doorway with the crossbow pointed at the Repair guy. "What's with the Chicken wire?" I say well gesturing to it with the end of my shotgun.
"It's just some stuff I picked up from Ace Hardware is all." He replies well still holding his hands in the air. "A fellow needs protection from those damn flesh eating pricks don't he?" He says with a grin.
"Yeah I agree with you there." I say "looks like you had a couple run-ins of the undead kind quite recently."
He looks over at the strands of putrid meat hanging from the fence and giggles. "Yeah you could day that." He says with a grin. "Those bastards wanted to take a bite out of old Henry, but I let them taste some lead out of my .45 instead."
"So I take it you are Henry then?" I ask him.
(Likely) Yes, and...
"Yup Henry's my name don't wear it out." He says well lowering his arms. "You don't have to point that gun at me anymore, I don't mean you harm. You too missy with that crossbow over there." as he points to Karen in the doorway. "Why don't you step inside and see what Old Henry has to offer."
"Offer?" I ask as I lower the end of my shotgun a bit. Karen sees me and follows by example lowering her crossbow and stepping into the restaurant.
"Yeah ya see I run this here little shopping mall. I was the manager in charge of this place before these zombies started showing up. After the bastards started eating all my customers the place kind of went to shit but hey at least the didn't get me right?" He says well holding his arms out in front of him. "Anyways I decided that me and my long time friend Jack, who was the head of security at the time, Barricade ourselves in this here restaurant."
"And where is Jack now?" I ask growing a little tense and gripping the shotgun a little tighter.
"Oh he's out scavenging for supplies I imagine. See once this town went to shit I realized we had the potential to make a fortune off this whole fiasco. You know with the whole undead cocksuckers walking around constantly trying to take a bite out of you, people need to defend themselves. And with all the stuff I got here in this mall I figured Hey what the hell lets set up shop and sell some supplies to these poor helpless townsfolk trying to fight for their lives."
"I see." I say as I raise an eyebrow. "So you guys set up some kind of a store here to make money off of people who are desperate and dying?"
"Well hold on there partner I didn't mean it like that." He says with a frown. "I'm not denying service to anyone you see as long as you either got the cash or a suitable item to trade that is. Hell I am doing this town a service, without me here people wouldn't have diddly squat to protect themselves with."
Does it seem like we can trust this guy?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
I lower my weapon the rest of the way and shoulder it. I signal for Karen to do the same and she follows suit walking to stand beside me. "Alright Henry so what kind of stuff do you sell here anyways?" I ask.
"Well I don't have a lot of supplies at the moment you see. It is getting harder and harder to find anything worth while in this here shopping mall, that is with all the walking corpses wandering about. That's why Jack had to start searching the other buildings around town, to see if he could find anything useful out there." He straights up and rubs his scraggly beard with his right hand. "You know, you two kind of look like the type that know how to handle themselves in a scuffle with those monsters. If I was to offer you a very high quality item in return for you going and fetching something important of mine in town, would you be willing to go on a little errand for me, so to speak?"
"I guess it depends on this High Quality item you are willing to offer us and the nature of this errand." I say "Whereabouts is this item of yours located and what is it?
SW revolver (.38 cal).
"Ya see once the shit hit the fan I didn't have time to make a trip back to my house in town. I live in that large mansion on the hillside, the one surrounded by the black iron fence. Did you see it before entering this mall?" he asks.
I nod my head yes and he continues on.
"Well I have an old Smith & Wesson .38 cal. revolver in a glass display case in my bedroom. It was a gifted to me from my dying wife before she succumbed to the cancer. I would really like to get it back." He says with a look of sadness on his face.
I look over at Karen to see what she thinks and she tilts her head and shrugs her shoulders well looking at me. "Alright well say we do this for you. How are we supposed to get over that fence. It must of been 8 feet tall? Do you have a key for the gate?"
(Likely) Yes.
"I do so happen to have the key for the front gate right here in my pocket." He relies well reaching into his pocket and pulling out the key. He slides it under the cutout on the counter towards me. "I would really appreciate this if you could help an old man like myself out."
"We will do it." Karen says stepping forward and grabbing the key off the counter. I look at her and then back to Henry. "I guess we are doing it then." I say to Henry. "Just out of curiosity was exactly was the High quality item you plan to give us if we return with your pistol?"
"Give me on second and I will go get it from the back." He says as he turns and disappears into the kitchen. I turn to Karen and say "I hope you know what your doing." with a questioning look.
She looks right at me. "Of course I do." She replies "Besides we can handle a few Geeks if we stick together." she finishes with a smile.
"Geeks?" I say giving her a weird look.
"Ya Geeks. You know the living dead guys walking around out there trying to eat us?" she says with a totally straight face.
"Alrighty then." I say well turning back around. Just then old Henry comes walking back through the kitchen entryway. What is he carrying?
M18 anti-personnel mine.
Its a small curved metal object. "Is that a Claymore?" I ask.
"Yup sure is. Jack found this on a dead marine boy lying on the edge of town. These things pack a wallop. What do you say looks like a fair trade?" he asks well holding up the mine.
"I don't know." I say looking at the mine Henry is holding out in front of him. "I can't really see myself using that for too much and besides I don't think I want to carry it around either in case I get into a fight and accidently set the thing off in my bag. What else do you have?"
He frowns and then disappears back into the kitchen. A few moments later he returns with an armload of stuff. "Damn." I exclaim at the sight of all the stuff that Henry is carrying. He lets it all slide out of his arms onto the counter behind the fence. How much shit is that anyways?
4 = 2[d5]+2
Glock pistol (9 mm).
Radio.
Old ammo (.308 cal).
Lock picks.
I lean closer and take a look at the items Henry dropped off. Looks like a 9mm pistol that seems to be in good condition. Its a Glock if I am not mistaken, these things have great durability. There is also a radio of some sorts, I think it is a CB radio. The type you could mount in your truck. There is a box of dusty .308 rounds and a foldable set of lock picks that look like they could fit into your back pocket.
Do I have any experience with Lock picks?
(50/50) Yes.
I can faintly remember using a set of lock picks similar to these when I was a kid. "Hmm I like the Lock picks and the Glock." I say. "Do you happen to have any ammo for the Glock to go with it?"
(50/50) Yes, and...
"Actually I do." He replies pulling a box of 9mm from his back pocket and slapping it down on the counter. "Also the gun is fully loaded."
Nice, How many rounds are in the box of ammo?
14 = 14[d20]
and how many rounds can the pistol's magazine hold?
12 = 7[d10]+5
"I tell you what old man, you give us the pistol, the box of ammo and the lock picks, we will go get that gun of yours and bring it back for you." I tell him. Does he think that's a fair trade?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
"Alright you have yourselves a deal." He exclaims well reaching through the cutout in the fence. I shake his hand and he withdraws his arm back through the opening. "I tell you what, if your successful in doing this for me I could offer you a trade agreement as well. If you bring me any piece of gear or item that looks valuable I will pay you what I think it's worth."
"Sounds good." I say. Speaking of trading do you have anything you are looking to sell right now?"
(Likely) Yes, but...
He suddenly straightens himself up and says "Well step right up fine sir and have a look at my wares. I am afraid we only except American money a this business establishment but I might be willing to trade for something if its a fair deal."
Do I have any cash on me?
(Somewhat Likely) No.
I didn't have a wallet on me when I woke up so I am totally broke. I look at Karen and she seems to understand what I am implying. Does Karen have any money?
(50/50) No, but...
Karen shakes her head no but then she reaches into her pocket and pulls out a small gold pocket watch.
"I found this in the back room of the book store when I was waiting for you to come back. Is it worth anything?" she asks
She slides the watch under the opening on the counter and Henry picks it up examining it carefully. Is the watch real gold?
(50/50) Yes, but...
"Very nice this looks genuine enough. The battery seems to be dead though." Henry exclaims.
"What's it worth to you old man?" I ask well simultaneously giving Karen a thumbs up.
83 = 83[d100]
2 = 2[d3]
"Well I would be willing to either give you $83 cash or I might be persuaded to trade you up to 2 items for it." He replies well still looking at the watch, turning it over in his hands.
"What would I be able to get with $83 dollars?" I Ask
"Generally I charge $5 a pop for your basic pistol ammunition or $10 for a shotgun shell or rifle round. For example this pistol I am offering you for a reward I would usually charge around $500 dollars for that not including the ammo." He says well pointing to Glock on the counter.
"Alright well what do you think Karen? You are the one that found the watch after all." I say well looking over at Karen.
Karen glances at the gear laid out on the counter and scratches her head. "I'm not really good at any of this zombie killing stuff so I think you should decide. I think you would have a better idea of what we need or don't need." She says.
"You got it." I say with a nod. Turning back to Henry and motioning to the counter "Is this currently all the gear you have at the moment?"
He looks at the stuff on the counter before answering. "Oh uh, hold on a sec I got a list here somewhere." He says well patting his pockets. "I try to keep an inventory of everything we got for just such an occasion." After a few moments of searching he reveals a crumbled up piece of paper from one of his back pockets. He pulls out an old pair of reading glasses from his shirt pocket and puts them on. "Ah hear it is, lets see now, How much stuff do we got at the moment?"
13 = 10[d10]+3
"Looks like we got 13 different things for sale." He says while reading the piece of paper. "The 5 things you see here on the counter and that Claymore are included in that."
"Ok." I say. "So what are the other 7 items then?"
Battery charger.
Hiking boots.
Camcorder.
Baseball bat.
Batteries.
Incendiary grenade.
Very high quality gemstones.
"I got a battery charger for a cellphone. A pair of size 10 hiking boots, A camcorder with the night vision built into it. We got a sturdy wooden baseball bat perfect for bashing in the skull of a few unlucky zombies. Looks like we have a 6 pack of AA battery's. My personal favorite, a No.76 Incendiary grenade we found in some old WW2 collectors stash. And last but not least we have a random assortment of very high quality gold and silver jewelry with flawless gemstones. Would make a good gift for your lady friend there." He says well giving Karen a wink.
Karen gets red in the face and looks down at the floor.
"I see." I say well rubbing the back of my neck. I look over at Karen and then back to Henry "Were not really like that."
I consider the items on the list for a moment well Karen teeters forward and back on her feet. "Would you be willing to trade the Incendiary Grenade and the Camcorder for the watch?" I ask.
Henry rubs his beard again before answering. "How about we flip a coin if its heads I will give you them both, but if its tails It will be one or the other?" he says with a grin
"Alright your on old man." I reply with a laugh.
Henry reaches into his pocket and pulls out an oversized 50cent piece. "Got this from a buddy back during the war." He tossed the coin up into the air. Is it heads?
(50/50) No.
The coin comes back down on Henry's open palm and he closes his hand before opening it again. Tails.
"Let me see that coin old man." I ask with an inquisitive tone.
Henry hurries up an pockets the coin. "Ah I'm afraid not, it's a very important memento to me and I don't want anything happening to it." He replies with a grin.
I make a mental note to never bet on a coin toss with Henry ever again. "Alright so the grenade it is than." I say well narrowing my eyes at him.
"Be right back." He says well disappearing into the kitchen again.
I look over at Karen who looks at me. "Dirty cheatin old man." I whisper well shaking my head.
Karen giggles just as Henry comes back out with the grenade in hand. "Here you are." He says well sliding it through the cutout on the counter. "Pleasure doing bushiness with you." He says with a wide grin.
"Yeah the pleasures all mine." I say with a sarcastic tone.
"Be sure to check back every day or so. Jack is always dropping of new stuff periodically, and these will be here waitin for ya when you get back with my pistol." He says gesturing to the Glock and the lock picks.
"Will do Henry. We will be back with your pistol as soon as we can." I tell him as Karen and i both turn around and head for the door.
"See you soon!" He replies well inspecting the pocket watch in his hands again.
We reach the ladder bridge outside the entrance before stopping. "Here we go again." I say well turning to Karen.
She laughs "Come on show me how it's done again." She replies with a grin
"Damn kids." I think to myself. Alright lets do this thing. Do I make it across home free?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
I successfully cross the ladder no less nervous than last time, letting out a sigh of relief once I am on the ground again. "Alright show off, now it's your turn." I yell to Karen well holding the ladder steady. Does she make it across no problem?
(Likely) Yes, but...
Karen quickly hops across the ladder again with little effort but just when she goes to jump off the last step the ladder shifts in the sea of corpses and she falls forward towards me. Can I catch her?
(50/50) Yes.
I quickly reach out my arms as Karen falls, catching her in both arms before she crashes into me.
"Whoa that was close." I say well holding her in my arms. Karen's face immediately turns beet red again. "Th-thanks." she says well standing up as I set her feet down on the ground. "Might want to be a little more careful next time." I say with a smile as I stand up beside her. "Yeah I guess your right." Says Karen as her cheeks begin to return to their normal color.
I notice the light coming in from the windows is starting to change to a yellow color. What time is it now anyways I wonder well glancing at my watch.
7:00pm
"It looks like the sun will be setting soon." I mention to Karen well staring at the windows. "We might want to think about staying in the mall for the night before we try and make it across town to the mansion."
Karen looks over at the windows as well. "Yeah maybe you are right. I would hate to get caught out there with those things in the dark." She says with a shiver.
"Me to." I agree. "Alright then well at least we know all the stores in the mall are free of any zombies now that we cleared them out. I think the back room at Borders would probably be our safest bet to stay for the night."
"Ok, sounds good." She replies. "That concrete floor is going to be pretty uncomfortable to sleep on though"
"Yeah you are right about that." I say well an idea pops into my head. "Wait here a sec I am going to go check something out in Pet Supply Plus real fast."
"Ok." She says well leaning back against the wall.
I make my way over to pet supply plus. Can I find anything that would be good to sleep on?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
I seen some large dog beds here earlier when I was busy dismembering Karen's mothers corpse. "Those will do just fine." I say to myself well walking over to the aisle with the dog beds. Are there enough of them for both of us?
(50/50) Yes, and...
Perfect they have quite a selection. I grab the 2 biggest beds I can find, picking out a pink one with rhinestones for Karen. I laugh as I carry these back with me over to wear Karen is waiting for me. She gives me a funny look as I approach.
"I take it the Pink one is yours then?" She says with a grin.
"Oh yes." I say with a smile. "You know me, I have to make sure I look Fabulous 24/7, even when I am sleeping."
"Whatever." She says with a grin as we make our way back to the book store. Once we get inside the back storage room I toss Karen the hideous rhinestone bed and I throw mine down on the floor in the corner, plopping down into it.
"Thanks." She says with a sarcastic tone, setting in down in the opposite corner.
"You are quite welcome." I say well digging in my bag. I pull out the Spaghetti-O's and the candy bar well looking at karen who is now sitting on her pink bed. "Wanna split them?" I ask.
"Sure, I'm starving." she says. Is the can of Spaghetti-O's the type with the tab to pull the top off?
(50/50) No, and...
"Shit." I suddenly say well looking at the can of Spaghetti-O's. "I didn't even think to grab a can opener."
"Oh." replies Karen with a disappointed look on her face. "Well I guess the candy bar will have to do then."
"I am so hungry I could eat a horse." I proclaim well standing back up. "I am going to go see if I can find a can opener in the Pet store."
"Oh ok." Says Karen. "Well be careful ok."
"Yep be right back." I say as I turn for the door. Upon reaching the Pet store a few minutes later I start to look around for a can opener. Any luck?
Damn I can't seem to find shit. Maybe I can find something to open it with in the Hardware store.
I make my way over to Ace Hardware and have a look around. Can I find anything?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes, but...
I find a wood chisel on one of the aisles. This looks like it could work if I use it with the hammer Karen is carrying. I probably will risk spilling some of the food though but I don't think I have any other options.
After about 20 minutes or searching I head back to the room where I left Karen. I open the door and step inside. Is Karen still awake?
(50/50) Yes.
Karen lifts her head up as I walk into the room shutting and locking the door behind me. I pull out the chisel and show it to Karen. "This will have to do." I say well sitting back down in my doggy bed.
"That looks like it might work." Replies Karen well handing me her hammer.
Can I get the can open without spilling any of it?
(50/50) No.
As I go to punch the last hole in the top of the can the whole thing flips sideways spilling about half of the Spaghetti-O's on the floor in front of me. "Shit." I say well picking up the can and prying the lid off the rest of the way.
"It's ok." Says Karen. "I'm really not that hungry anyways."
Just as she finishes her sentence I hear her stomach rumble and she blushes a little looking down at the floor in front of me.
"You go ahead and eat the rest of the Spaghetti-O's. I will be fine with the candy bar." I tell her well handing her the can.
"Oh um, are you sure." She asks.
"Yep no problem, I never eat very much anyways." I tell her with a grin.
"Thank you." She replies with a smile. "Thanks for everything today actually. I don't know what I would have done if you had·n't come along." She says well looking down at the can of food in her hands.
"Hey it's no problem, and besides I haven't gotten us out of this shitty situation just yet." I tell her. "We have a tough day ahead of us tomorrow and we definitely need to find some more food and water well we are out there too." I say well pulling out the half empty water bottle and tossing it to her.
"I'm sure everything will work out in the end." She says with a smile.
I smile back well unwrapping the candy bar. We both eat our food and drink about a quarter of the water that is left in the bottle.
The light begins to fade from the window in the room. "Well I'm hitting the sack." I announce well rolling over and trying to get comfortable.
"Good night." Replies Karen as she curls up on her bed on the opposite side of the room.
"Night." I reply well closing my eyes and finally getting some rest after a long day.
I wake up suddenly from a dream where I had been having a picnic with what I think was my wife and kids. It could of been a memory and not a dream but I can't seem to remember for sure. As I go to sit up is everything normal in the room?
As I go to sit up I realize I can't move my left arm. Looking over I see that Karen is now sleeping on my bed facing me and she is currently on top of my arm with her legs curled up into a ball. "She must of got cold during the night." I think to myself well rubbing my eyes. She is only wearing that tank top and shorts, I guess I should of looked for a blanket for her when I was in the Pet store.
I try to slide my arm out from under her without waking her. Am I successful?
(50/50) Yes, but...
I manage to get my arm out from under her but as I go to stand up I accidentally kick the empty can of Spaghetti-O's lying on the floor. Does the noise wake her?
(Likely) Yes, and...
Karen rolls onto her back and stretches her arms over her head well yawning. She opens her eyes to see me standing over her with a guilty look on my face.
She glances down at the bed she is currently in and her eyes get wide and her face immediately turns red. She sits up in a hurry looking flustered. "Oh I uh.. I didn't mean to fall asleep." She says with an embarrassed look. I woke up in the middle of the night and I was having a hard time going back to sleep, you know because of the cold so I was just going to warm myself up for a second..." She looks away letting her sentence trail off.
"No worries." I reply well staring at the clump of hair sticking up on her head. "It's my fault anyways for not thinking to grab any sort of blankets or anything. You might uh, want to fix that though." I tell her well pointing to her hair.
She looks up and her cheeks flush red again. She quickly starts patting her hair down before standing up and looking around the room. "Well at least we were safe for the night" She replies well pulling her fingers through the last couple strands of hair that refuse to stay down.
"Yeah." I tell her with a grin. "Those zombies must not like bad hairdo's."
She punches me in the arm. "Jerk." She says with a smile.
Looking at my watch I now see that it is currently 6:30am. I can see out the window that the sun looks to be most of the way up in the sky. "Well after the princess is done fixing her hair, I think we should collect our stuff and get heading out." I say with a grin.
Karen punches me a little harder this time with a smile on her face. "Sounds like a plan." She replies well reaching for her bullet-proof vest to put back on.
We grab out gear and exit the storage room. Is everything the same as it was last night?
(Likely) Yes, and...
Nothing in the store seems to of changed over night, and I can't hear anything making any noise. "I think our best bet is to go out one of the back doors." I mention well checking my bag to make sure I didn't forget anything in the room.
Karen nods in agreement. "Whatever you think is best." She replies.
I did see one of the back exit doors when I was clearing out the stores didn't I?
(Likely) No.
"I don't actually remember seeing any of the back doors when I was looking around before." I tell her. "We will have to double check." I say well starting to walk towards Ace Hardware.
"Ok". Karen replies well following behind me.
We reach the store and we both start looking around. Do we find anything?
After a few minutes of searching we both meet up at the entrance again. "Find anything?" I ask.
"Nope." says Karen "Why don't we try Pet Supply Plus next?"
I chuckle for a second picturing Karen finding her mutilated mother under the rotting corpse of Glenda in the pet store. "No I have looked over that store thoroughly, I know for a fact there is no back door in there." I tell her while rubbing my neck. "Why don't we try the clothing store, maybe there is something there."
"Ok." Karen says while staring at me with a curious look on her face.
We make our way over to Beach Bonanza and begin to search the store. I notice that there is now a large gaping hole in the floor where I had killed that Acid spitting zombie yesterday. Can we find one of the back doors?
(Likely) Yes, and...
"I think I found it." Karen states from the back of the store. I make my way over to her. "It was behind these curtains." She says well pulling them back revealing a white metal door behind them.
"Good job." I tell her well studying the door. Do I remember seeing a white metal door when I was behind the mall before?
(50/50) Yes.
"I remember seeing this door when I was outside trying to find a way in yesterday." I tell her as I reach for the handle. Is the door locked?
(50/50) No.
I turn the lock on the door but then it will not open. Puzzled I turn it back to where it was and the door opens to a dark room that I wasn't expecting. Can I see any zombies?
(Unlikely) Yes, but...
As the door swings open I can make out what looks to be a zombie sitting on the ground leaning up against one of the shelves. I instinctively reach for my sword before realizing it is not moving. "It must be dead." I say well staring at the thing on the ground.
"Lets hope so." Karen says well pulling out her hammer.
I reach for the wall on the inside of the door frame. Can I find a light switch?
I flip the switch on the wall and the lights on the ceiling flicker to life revealing what looks to be some sort of stock room for the clothing store. There are a bunch of metal shelves in the center of the room with some boxes and clothes on them. I also see a couple of Tiki torches leaning up against the wall in the corner, and some fake plants that the store must of used for decoration.
I slowly make my way into the room with Karen behind me well we begin to look around. Can we find anything we could use?
(50/50) Yes.
3 = 3[d3]
Metal pole.
Worn-out watch.
Below average ammo (7.62 mm).
I notice a metal pole on the floor against the wall that must of been used for hanging clothes up. Karen points out a box of 7.62 ammo sitting next to the dead zombie and It looks like he is wearing an old watch on his wrist.
I pull out my sword and slowly approach the stinky corpse sitting in front of me on the floor watching for any signs of life.. Unlife that is. Is the thing actually dead?

(Somewhat Likely) No.

Just before reaching the putrid thing on the ground I notice his hand twitch a little to his side. "It's alive!" I yell to Karen as I back away. Karen quickly gets behind me as the thing turns it's head to look at me with it's one remaining eye.

Teen zombie.

The one side of it's face is completely gone and from what I can tell he must of only been around 16 or so before he died. He is wearing a blood stained Hawaiian shirt with a name tag on it. "Dave" it reads in big bold letters. The zombie lets out a moan as it begins to open it's mouth well staring at Karen and I like a big juicy hamburger with a side of onion rings.

"I don't think so Dave!" I yell well swing my sword towards his ugly face. Do I get him?

My sword slashes into his face, ripping his lower jaw off in a spray of blood and teeth. His tongue begins to hang from the ruin of his mouth as Dave begins to rise to his feet.

Karen steps forward from besides me and takes a swing at him with her hammer. Does she hit him?

(50/50) Yes.

Karen smacks him on the top of his head with her hammer and Dave falls back to the floor against the shelf loosing his balance but it doesn't look like the hit did much damage.

"Damn this guy is tough." I say well looking around the room for anything we could use. I spot the metal pole up against the wall and I run over and grab it well Dave begins to rise to his feet again.

"Watch out." I yell to Karen as she starts to back away. "How about Zombie on a stick!" I yell while jabbing the pole through the shelves behind Dave aiming for his torso. Can I do it?

(50/50) Yes, and...

Dave is too slow to get out of the way and the metal pole rips into his chest and comes right out the other side punching into a large cardboard box on the opposite shelf.

Dave groans as blood begins to drip to the floor. He tries to walk towards Karen but the pole is hitting up against the vertical sections on the shelves trapping him there.

"Guess your not going anywhere in life even after death are you Minimum wage Dave?" I say with a laugh as I walk back around to Karen as Dave continues to moan and try to reach us.

"That wasn't very nice." Karen says well looking at me as I stop besides her.

"He's dead." I tell her while poking him in the face with the tip of my sword. "He doesn't have any feelings."

"Still, you should just put him out of his misery." She replies well giving me a serious look.

"Fine, fine you win." I say with a frown. As I take a step closer to the flailing pimple faced shelf stocker in front of me. "Guess play time is over Dave." I say well shrugging my shoulders. He tilts his head while looking at me as I swing my sword for his neck.

Killed.

His mangled head chops cleanly off smacking into the cardboard box beside him before falling to the floor with a splat. His arms drop to his sides limp as his body hangs from the metal pole across the shelves.

I chop his left arm off with my sword.

"Hey what are you doing?" Karen says grabbing my arm. "He is clearly dead."

"I was just making sure." I reply with a grin.

"How about we head for the mansion now." Karen says well giving me a dirty look.

"Yeah alright." I say in a defeated tone as we make our way for the white metal door in the back of the room. "Keep up the good work Dave." I yell back to the severed head that is lying on the floor in a puddle of blood with its tongue sticking out. "You will get "A Head" in life sooner or later." I say with a laugh. Karen punches me in the back of the arm again.

"Oh we forgot the stuff that that zombie had on him." Karen suddenly says just as we reach the door. She runs back over and picks up the box of ammo lying on the ground. She then glances at the old watch on the severed arm lying on the ground. "Yeah, I will pass." I hear her say as she turns around and heads back over to me. She hands me the box of ammo when she reaches me. "All set." She says excitedly.

"Thanks." I tell her well sliding off the cover of the ammo box. Don't let me down Dave.

3 = 3[d20]

The lid slides off the box and inside is 3 rounds of 7.62 ammunition. "Well, that's not very helpful." I announce well sliding the cover back in place and tossing the box into my bag.

"It's something at least." Karen replies with a smile.

"Yeah I guess so." I say with a shrug. "We don't have any gun that uses this ammo anyways so I guess we can just sell it to the old man for some extra cash. Now let's get going." I tell her as I turn the lock on the door and begin to open it.

All clear?

Just as I crack the door open to peek out I see another Undead fuck standing not 6 feet away from the door.

Giant zombie.

Does it see me?

(50/50) Yes, but...

The thing turns it's head and looks right at me. I hurriedly slam the door shut and lock it again. "Did you see the size of that thing?" I ask Karen with a surprised look on my face well backing away from the door.

A loud banging on the door begins to make the overhead lights shake a bit as dust falls from on top of them.

"No I didn't see it."Karen replies well looking at me and then back at the door again as the banging continues. "What the heck is that?"

"That fat bastard was huge!" I proclaim well sticking my arms out as far as I can to both sides of me. "He has got to weigh like 500 pounds!"

Karen gets a worrying look on her face as the pounding continues and the dust begins to fall more heavily now from the ceiling and the wall surrounding the door.

"I think we better run." I say backing further away from the door that looks like it could break at any second. "Lets make a run for the window in the Pet shop, we can get out from there."

"Ok." Karen says well turning back to me. "Lets get out of here."

We both turn and make a run for the door leading into the store. Just as we reach it the door tears off the hinges and flies into one of the shelves in the center of the room. The Lard Ass standing just outside lets out a roar as he sees us bolting out of the room to safety.

I quickly shut the door behind us and lock it turning to Karen. "I think somebody needs to go on a diet." I tell her with wide eyes. "Lets get the hell out of here."

We make our way out of the store and we can hear the Fat fuck still roaring and banging on the cinder-block wall outside the building. "I don't think his fat ass can fit through the door." I yell to Karen as we run towards Pet Supplies Plus.

"I don't want to stick around and find out." She yells back as we near the entrance to the store.

I make sure to quicken my pace so I can get ahead of Karen a bit stopping next to the window and standing in front of the pile of hacked up soccer mom.

Karen makes it into the store and stops in front of me looking out the window. "Does it look clear?" I ask her.

(Somewhat Likely) No.

"There is a zombie standing in the center of the street. It looks like he is staring at something lying there in the road but I can't quite make it out." She replies well squinting her eyes a bit still staring at the zombie.

"I'm sure it's nothing." I say realizing it is most likely the decapitated head of Karen's mother that I drop kicked out the window last night. I push her closer to the window. "Ok time to go, we don't have any other choice at this point so no point standing around lollygagging."

Karen gives me a funny look and starts to climb out the window. Does she notice the pile of amputated limbs that once was her mother?

(50/50) Yes.

Just as Karen gets her one leg out the window she notices the pile of body parts lying on the ground directly behind me. "Hey what's all that?" She asks trying to get a better look around me.

"It's nothing." I tell her well stepping in her way and giving her an extra push out the window. She gives me a weird look again but then proceeds to climb the rest of the way out the window.

"That could of been difficult to explain." I think to myself as I climb out after her. Does the Zombie in the road notice us?

Child zombie.

(Somewhat Unlikely) Yes.

Just as I make it completely out of the window Karen begins to tap me on the shoulder. "I think we better go." She says in a worried voice. I turn around to see Karen staring at the zombie in the road who appears to be a small girl in a ripped up dress. The little girl is looking right at us.

"yep time to go." I say well looking around for a place to hide. There is a small house about 100 yards to our right that I have yet to check out yet. I grab Karen's hand. "Come on, this way."

We begin running towards the house and I look over my shoulder to see that the little girl zombie is after us. Can we outrun her?

(Somewhat Likely) No.

I don't know what it is with the women in this town but the little ankle biter is catching up to us as we make our way to the house.

"Crap, I don't think we can outrun her." I say with heavy breaths as we near the front of the house. "We are going to have to deal with her." I say coming to a stop and turning to face the little she devil running right at me.

Karen already has her crossbow at the ready and is aiming at the little girl charging us in the street. "I'm sorry." She says well firing the crossbow. Does she get her?

The bolt hits the little girl right in the leg sending her tumbling end over end right in the center of the road. She comes skidding to a halt on her face about 20 yards away from us.

I grab Karen's arm and she turns around to look at me with tears in her eyes. "Lets go." I tell her. We run the rest of the way to the house leaving the little girl crawling slowly forward behind us. Does it look abandoned?

(50/50) Yes.

I don't see anything in the immediate vicinity but who knows what is inside. Is the front door unlocked?

(50/50) No.

As I try to turn the door knob I realize it is locked. "Shit. It's locked!" I announce to Karen who is watching the injured little girl crawl towards us in the road. "Lets try the back Karen." I tell her well grabbing her hand. We make our way around the house. Is there a back door?

(50/50) No.

"Damnit, there is nothing back here." I say well looking at the house. Is there any windows we can break?

(Likely) Yes, but...

I see a large window on the back of the house. It looks like it leads into a bathroom. "We are going to have to go in through the window." I tell Karen who is looking all around us for any signs of danger. I grab my shotgun and prepare to break the window with the butt of it. "Lets hope there is not an alarm." I say as I slam the stock into the window. Is there an alarm?

(Unlikely) Yes.

Just as the window breaks I hear a loud alarm go off somewhere inside the house. "Fuck!" I yell well looking inside the window. Do I see any zombies inside?

(50/50) Yes, and...

Slime-covered zombie.

There is another one of those disgusting slime covered corpses walking right towards us inside the house. He has obviously heard the alarm and is headed our way like it was the fucking dinner bell.

I turn the shotgun in my hands and level it into the window pulling the trigger. Do I hit the gooey bastard?

(Likely) Yes.

I get a solid hit on the slimy pukes leg shearing it off in an explosion of blood and mucus. He falls face first onto the floor. "Lets go!" I yell to Karen well knocking out the rest of the glass. "I will give you a boost."

"Ok." She says rushing over to me. I give her a leg up through the window. Now it's my turn. Do I have time to make it up there before the zombie reaches Karen?

(Likely) Yes, and...

The zombie is still crawling this way but he is still in the other room about 20 feet away from us. "Here you go." Karen says well reaching through the window to give me a hand.

"Thanks." I tell her as I grab her hand and climb up through the window and into the bathroom. It is a small room and there is barely enough room for me and Karen to stand in here together like this.

"We need to disable that somehow!" I yell over the alarm that is still blaring noise throughout the house. I pull out my sword and run over to the slime encrusted fucktard that is making his way down the hallway. I stab it down at his head. Do I get him?

He tilts his head out of the way just as I plunge my sword at his head. I stab the slime coated carpet only centimeters from his face. He reaches for my leg, can I dodge him?

(50/50) Yes, and...

I step out of the way of his grasping fingers and swing my sword like a golf club at his head again. Fore?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes.

Killed.

I wack his head of sending it smacking into the wall in a slime filled explosion of blood and brain matter.

I lift my arm up covering my face from the revolting shower of foulness. "Fuck you!" I yell as the disgusting fluids splatter all over my jacket and pants.

Alright now to find this alarm, "I will check the front door, you go check the kitchen!" I yell to Karen well making my way down the hallway. Is the alarm next to the front door?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes.

I see the alarm box right next to the door as I make my way to the front of the house. "Now how am I going to shut this off." I say to myself. Is Karen ok in the kitchen?

(50/50) No, and...

Just then I hear a scream come from the kitchen. "Karen!" I yell dropping my bag on the ground and running back down the hallway. As I turn the corner into the Kitchen I see?

Festering zombie.

As I enter the kitchen I am greeted with the hideous sight of what appears to be a heavily decomposed zombie who has Karen corned and is walking right towards her with his arms out if front of him.

"Karen!" I yell over the wails of the siren. I take aim at the abominations head and fire. Do I hit him?

(50/50) No.

My shot misses hitting the wall behind him as he hobbles forward towards Karen who is cowering in the corner with her hammer held out in front of her.

Do I have time for a second shot?

(50/50) Yes, but...

I pump the shotgun and take aim again this time holding my breath before squeezing the trigger. I won't have time for a 3rd shot if I miss. Do I splatter the bastards brains all over the wall this time?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes.

Killed.

His head explodes in a fountain of gore caking the wall beside him in brains and skull fragments. His lifeless body falls to the floor like a wet noodle.

I run over to Karen who is still standing in the corner of the room staring at the zombies headless body. "Let's go Karen." I tell her well grabbing her hand. She looks up at me with tears in her eyes still shaking. "I found the alarm in the other room now we just need to disable it."

She nods and we run back to the living room to where I dropped my bag. "I have an idea." I say well reaching into my bag and pulling out the taser. "Lets hope this works." I jam the taser into the alarm pulling the trigger and sending a current of high voltage electricity through the small white box. Does this disable it?

(Likely) No.

The box catches fire and as the plastic begins to burn from the high voltage electricity but the alarm continues to sound. "What do we do now?" Asks Karen well looking directly at me. I pull out the water bottle and unscrew the cap. "let this work." I say well dumping the contents onto the burning box.

(Likely) Yes, and...

I see sparks shooting out of the smoking box on the wall and the alarm finally shorts out.

"Thank god." I say turning to Karen who has a relieved look on her face.

"I hope nobody else heard that." She says well pulling aside the curtain on the window to look outside. Did anything else hear the alarm?

(50/50) Yes.

"We got company." Karen announces well backing away from the window. I step forward and take a look. How many of them are out there?

5 = 5[d5]

Is the Fat bastard with them?

(50/50) No, but...

"There is 5 of them." I say as I watch them through the window. "One of them is the little girl zombie."

Legless zombie.

Sprinting zombie.

Listless zombie.

Teen zombie.

"The other 4 are newcomers." I finish with well stepping away from the window. "They are definitely headed this way and one of them is hauling ass." How much time do we have before they get here?

2 = 2[d3]

"I would say we got 2 minutes before they get here." I tell Karen who is already looking around the room for something to barricade the door with. I pick up the taser off the floor, it's battery is toast. I will hold on to it for now I decide well tossing it and the empty water bottle back in the bag. Can we find anything to block the door with?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
Karen and I run over to the leather couch sitting against the wall. We both grab an end and move it over so it is now blocking the front door. How many windows are there in the front of the house?
4 = 4[d5]
"I don't know what we could use to block these windows with." Karen says well looking around the room.
"I Don't think we have time." I tell her well looking for anything else we could use to fend these flesh eaters off with. Can I find anything in the front room to use?
(50/50) Yes, but...
Bow and arrows.
4 = 4[d10]
I catch sight of a compound bow sitting in the corner of the room leaning against the wall, it has a camouflaged leaf pattern on it. Someone most likely used it for hunting deer. I pick it up seeing that there are 4 arrows in the quiver.
"This could work." I say, drawing back to string to test to weight before letting it back down again.
I lean the bow up against the wall. "Lets check the kitchen real fast maybe there is some sort of alcohol or something we could use to make a Molotov with." Karen nods and we both make our way to the kitchen post haste. Can we find anything to use for a bomb?
(50/50) No.
After about 30 seconds of searching the cupboards we come up with nothing useful for making a bomb with. "Damnit" I yell well looking in the last cupboard. "There isn't shit here."
"What about a Works Bomb?" Asks Karen. "We use to make them after school in the parking lot, they blow up pretty good."
"That could serve as a good distraction." I tell her a bit surprised she would be the type of girl to mess around with that kind of thing. "I already have an empty bottle we can use. You look for the aluminum foil and I will check the bathroom for the Works."
"Alright." She replies quickly digging through all the smaller drawers for the foil. I make my way to the bathroom and check under the sink. Any luck?
There is a bottle of Works under the sink. It looks like it is most of the way empty though. There should be only enough for 1 bomb with this. I run back to the kitchen. "Find anything?" I ask.
(Likely) Yes.
Karen holds up a box of aluminum foil. "Sure did." She says with a grin.
I show her the bottle of Works. "Me too." I tell her. We both head back to the living room and I pull out the empty water bottle from my bag. After about 30 seconds we have a Works Bomb made. Just as we finish we hear a loud bang on the front door of the house. "Sounds like there here." I announce well looking Karen in the eye. "Lets do this." I tell her well handing her the bomb and picking up the bow.
I pick up my bag and put it back over my shoulder as I step away from the front of the house. The banging continues on the front door. "It won't take them long to find the windows." I say well drawing the bow back and aiming it at the closest window. Does the zombies notice the windows?
The banging still seems to only be coming from the front door as they have yet to discover the windows on the house. It sounds like there is more than one of them now. Does the front door have a peep hole on it?
(50/50) No, and...
Just as I am wondering what to do next I catch sight of the teen zombie staring at me from the other side of one of the windows. It's a boy with long dark hair and lip piercings. I can see he has a couple tattoos on his one remaining arm, The other arm is missing at the shoulder. He snarls at me and head butts the window. Does it break?
(50/50) No.
His head bounces off the window and he looks a little dazed. "Damn head banging jackass thinks he can break that window with his face." I say out loud with a laugh. The metal face shakes his head then raises his first to punch the window. "That might do it." I say well drawing the bow back a tiny bit further and aiming at his face. Does he break it this time?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
His first punches straight through the window and he begins to pull himself through the hole knocking pieces of glass out well simultaneously cutting his arm and face up without much care. I aim for his face and let the arrow fly. Bulls eye?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
Killed.
The arrow hits him right in the center of his eye shadowed Satan worshiping face Punching a hole straight through it and sticking out the back. He slumps over in the window dead as shit. "There's one more piercing to add to your collection." I say with a grin as I nock up another arrow.
Just then one of the other windows explodes showering glass all over the room as the zombie I had seen sprinting towards us lands on his feet not 10 feet away from us on the inside of the room.
Karen screams as I let loose with a second arrow aimed for Speedy Gonzales face. Does it stop him dead in his tracks?
(50/50) No.
The ducks as the arrow flies over his head and right out the window. "Damn, you are a quick one!" I say well dropping the bow and drawing my sword. Does he charge me?
(50/50) No.
He turns to Karen and runs straight at her. Karen is still holding the works bomb in one hand and her hammer in the other. Does she try to hit him?
(50/50) Yes.
Karen screams but swings her hammer wildly towards marathon mans face as she back up towards me. Does she hit him?
(50/50) No, but...
He bats the hammer away from his face but well doing so he doesn't see the bow laying on the ground. Does he trip on it?
(Somewhat Likely) No, but...
He steps into the bow and gets his foot caught in the strings. He looks down at his foot as he beings to drag the bow with him across the room. I take my chance and stab the sword towards his chest well he is distracted with the bow. Do I hit him?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
My sword stabs him right in the chest getting lodged in his rib cage after slicing through a couple vital organs. Does he trip now?
(Likely) Yes.
Speed Racer trips and falls face first into the carpet with the sword still stuck in his chest and the bow wrapped around his foot. The sword pushes straight through his back with a loud crack as it breaks through his rib cage. Karen seems to of regained some of her composure now and she swings her hammer down claws first right into the back of his head.
The hammer sticks right into the back of his head as she lets go of it. Does he get back up?
Unbelievably he is still alive and he reaches for Karen's leg grabbing her by the ankle. She screams again and kicks out with her other foot. Does she get him?
Her foot kicks him right in the jaw snapping his head back and knocking out some of his teeth. Does he let go?
(50/50) Yes.
His grip around her ankle loosens and she quickly jumps back away from him before he can try anything else. I hear more glass breaking and I look over to see an Elderly woman climbing through the broken window. She is missing the skin around her mouth revealing her pearly whites for all to see.
I look back at The flash but he is still lying face first on the floor barely moving now. Is there anything I can use as a weapon on the floor?
(50/50) No.
I don't see anything I can use to beat down the old lady with so it looks like I will have to go toe to toe with Little Miss Muffet. I run straight for her and attempt to sock her one right in the face. Do I punch her lights out?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.
Her perfect teeth turn out to be denchers as I send them flying across the room with the force of my punch. She twists around and falls face first into the window sill. I curb stomp the bitch like American History X.
Killed.
I cave in the Golden Girl's head with the force of my kick splattering her senile brains all over the carpet.
I scrape off the brain tissue from the bottom of my boot on the window sill as I spot our other 2 guests out the window just now making there way up the steps to the front door. I turn back around to see Karen rip the hammer from Running mans head and kick him in the face again.
Killed.
I hear his neck snap with the kick and his arms and legs finally stop twitching. "Can I borrow that?" I ask well pointing to the bottle in Karen's hand.
"Sure." She says handing me the bomb. I pick up the Works and pour what is left of it into the bottle before screwing on the cap and shaking it in my hand.
"Fire in the hole!" I yell well tossing the bottle out the broken window and onto the porch were the 2 cripples are waiting.
After about 10 seconds I hear the bottle explode showering the helpless bastards in a hot steaming bath of chemicals. I laugh as I flip Speedy's lifeless corpse over and wretch the sword loose from his broken chest. I step out the window to find the 2 pathetic excuses for zombies lying on the porch moaning about with the skin melting off their backs and arms. The little girl seems to of suffered the worst of it with her face reduced to nothing more than a melted Creamsicle. I kick her in her liquefied face sending her flying off the porch well circling the other legless dipshit.
Killed.
I place my foot on the legless bastards back noticing the remains of the little girls face stuck to the end of my boot as her body skids to a halt on the sidewalk.
"Well if your gonna run, now's your chance." I tell him with a laugh as he flails his arms beneath me. I shove the sword through the top of his head.
His head is now pinned to the porch but he is still reaching for the sword with his free hands. "Just die already you fuck." I say as I rip the sword out of his head and stab it down a second time.
Killed.
His hands drop to the porch and I can see he is deader than shit. "Well that takes care of that." I say well stepping off the porch and into the front yard were I attempt to wipe the little girls facial features off my boot on to the grass.
I walk over to ACDC lying in the window frame and while pushing my foot against his back I grab hold of the arrow and tear it free from his greasy unwashed hair. Flicking the arrow back and forth to dislodge the brain matter I step back through the window and look at Karen who is now sitting on the leather couch taking a break.
She looks at me as I walk back through the window. "That was Rough." Karen exclaims, clearly still out of breath. I walk over to the already stinking corpse on the floor and I left his leg up pulling my bow free from around his ankle. Does the bow still seem usable?
(50/50) No.
The string is snapped and one of the cams looks to be damaged. "Well this thing is scrap." I announce well tossing it down to the floor. I throw the 3rd arrow down with it. "Maybe Henry would still want it for parts."
"Maybe." Replies Karen well I step back and sit down on the couch beside her, feeling a little beat myself. I take a look at my watch which reads 7:45am
"I think I worked up an appetite." I say well watching the brains drip off the window sill back into the crushed skull of the old woman zombie lying on the ground to my right.
"Yeah I could go for something to eat too." Karen says while looking up at the ceiling. "Thanks for saving me back there in the kitchen. I owe you one."
"Just another days work." I say well stretching my arms over my head and yawning. Karen suddenly leans over and gives me kiss on the cheek. She then jumps up off the couch and looks right at me.
'Well how about we find something to eat then." She says with a smile well holding her hands behind her back.
"Alright." I say well standing up. "Maybe the person that lived here has a steak in the freezer."
"Yeah keep on dreaming." She says with a laugh as we make our way to the kitchen.
"So you don't remember anything from before all this?" Karen asks as we make our way down the hall. "Like anything at all, not even if you had a family or not?"
I frown shaking my head no. "I'm afraid not. I kind of remember using certain things or seeing stuff before but I can't remember any of the details pertaining to my life or childhood. I actually can't remember anything before waking up in an army tent yesterday morning in some abandoned camp."
"That's really strange." Karen replies with a puzzled look on her face. "I wonder if you are even from this town, I don't remember seeing you anywhere before all this happened."
"I'm not sure either." I tell her as we step into the kitchen. "Maybe I can remember something if I keep searching this town for clues."
"You mean 'We'." She says well giving me a smile.
"Yeah sure kid." I say well rubbing my hand on the top of her head messing up her hair.
She pushes my hand off and ducks away from me trying to fix her bunched up hair. How old is Karen?
21 = 11[d20]+10
"I'm not a kid you jerk, I will be 22 in less than a month." She says giving me a dirty look.
"Well I got 6 years on you so you are still young to me." I say laughing as she finishes straightening her hair out. "Now let's see if we can't find something useful in this Kitchen."
We were in such a rush to find something to make a bomb out of earlier I didn't even notice if there was anything else worth taking in here. Is there?
(Somewhat Likely) No.
After a few minutes of re-searching the cupboards we don't come up with anything worthwhile. "Damn, ok well I am going to check the fridge. Maybe that juicy steak is in there waiting for me." I say well Karen leans back against one of the counters watching me. Is there anything in the fridge?
(50/50) No.
I open the fridge with my fingers crossed but my dreams are shattered at the sight of a completely empty fridge save for a couple empty water bottles and what I think is a moldy piece of Baloney. "Well shit." I say closing the fridge and turning around to Karen. "Looks like there isn't anything good to eat in there."
"It's alright." Karen replies. "Maybe we can find something somewhere else in the house."
"I hope so." I tell her well rubbing my grumbling stomach. How many rooms are on the bottom floor?
6 = 3[d3]+3
Is there an upstairs?
(50/50) No.
Did I see a door possibly leading to a basement anywhere?
(50/50) Yes.
There is a door with no window in the corner of the kitchen. "I wonder if this is a basement?" I say aloud as I walk over to it and turn the handle. Is there a set of stairs behind it?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
As I open the door I see a dark set of stairs leading down into an unlit room below. Is there a light switch?
(50/50) Yes, and...
I reach over and flip the switch on the inside of the stairwell and a light kicks on at the bottom of the stairs. "Shall we?" I ask well turning to Karen who is now standing beside me looking down the rickety stairs.
"You first." She says well giving me a nudge forward.
"Alright, alright." I reply well stepping down onto the first stair. "Don't get your panties in a bunch." I say with a grin.
Karen gives me an obviously un-amused look. I turn back around deciding to pull the throwing knife out of my boot in favor of my sword due to the cramped conditions of the stairwell. "It's just an empty creepy old basement." I tell myself while taking a gulp and beginning my decent down the stairs. Do I run into the undead in the basement?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No.
As I turn the corner at the bottom of the stairs I quickly look around the room but I don't see anything of the flesh eating monster kind. "Whew." I say to myself as I step off the last stair. Is it a finished basement?
(50/50) No.
It's a large open room, the walls are covered in cob webs and made out of cinder-blocks. There is a washer and dryer in the corner with a bunch of clothes spilled on the floor in front of them. I see a hot water heater and what looks to be a bunch of boxes on a rusty metal shelf against the wall. Is there anything else in the room that I see?
(50/50) Yes, but...
Tools.
I spot a bunch of tools on a workbench in the back of the room. I walk over and examine them. Anything good?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
I pick up a rusty pipe wrench and test the weight of it in my hand. "This could bash in a walkers head nicely." I say well tossing the wrench into my bag. I mosey on over to the shelf and start rummaging through the boxes. Anything we could use?
(50/50) No, but...
There is just a bunch of random junk in the boxes, nothing we would need. As I turn around I notice another small shelf on the opposite end of the room, It looks like there are some metal cans and small boxes on it. I make my way over to the shelf. Score?
(50/50) Yes.
Is it food?
(50/50) Yes.
2 = 2[d5]
I get excited as I recognize the label on one of the cans, 'SPAM'. I never ate the stuff before now but with as hungry as I currently am I will eat damn near anything as long as it's somewhat edible. The small box next to it is a unopened box of 'Wild Berry Pop-Tarts.' Is it the family sized box?
(50/50) No.
The front of the box says 8 toaster pastries, that means there are 4 packages inside. "Fuckin ay." I say to myself as I grab the can of spam and Pop-Tarts in my hands, sheathing the knife in back in my boot.
"Everything alright down there?" I hear Karen yell from the top of the stairs.
"Yep, prepare yourself for a feast!" I yell back well heading back up the stairs. I reach the top of the stairs and Karen is standing there with an excited look on her face. I hold up the can of Spam and the Pop-Tarts with a big smile.
Karen's smile turns into a frown as she see's what I am holding in my hands. "Spam." She says with a unenthusiastic voice. "I guess that is better than nothing."
"I would eat the asshole out of a dead possum right now, I am so damn hungry." I say with a laugh.
Karen gives me a disgusted look. "Gross." She says as I pull the top off the can of Spam and toss the lid aside.
"I'm just kidding." I tell her as I scoop out a portion of Spam onto the end of my finger, slurping it off into my mouth.
Karen reaches over and grabs the can out of my hand. "Hey!" I announce. "I was eating that."
She pulls open a drawer revealing silverware inside. She tosses me a spoon well closing the drawer again. "How about we eat like civilized people." She says well taking a scoop out of the can and studying it for a second before putting it in her mouth.
I take a look at my fingers which are covered in dirt and grime with some dried zombie blood under the nails. I shrug my shoulders. "If the Princess insists." I reply with a grin. Karen gives me another un-amused look and smiles as we both scarf down the can of Spam standing in the messy kitchen.
I tear open one of the packages of Pop-Tarts tossing one of them to Karen well taking a bite out of mine. I stuff the box in my bag.
"Thanks." Karen says catching the pastry in her hands. "What do you say we check out the rest of the house?"
"You got it." I tell her with a mouth full of Pop-Tart. I walk on over to the bathroom and check to see if there is anything I didn't see earlier in the room?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No.
There is only a toilet and the sink with the cabinet underneath that I already looked through. The mirror looks to be glued to the wall, not the type that has a shelf behind it.
We proceed down the hall and stop in front of the unopened door before reaching the front living room. Do I hear anything behind the door?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No.
I listen for a second but I don't hear anything coming from the room. Is the door unlocked?
(50/50) Yes.
I turn the handle and take a look inside. Zombies?
(Unlikely) No.
It seems to be an office of some kind. There is a wooden computer desk with a dusty monitor on it and a picture frame with a photo of a man posing with a dead buck in front of him.
I step into the room and Karen follows. Is there a closet?
(50/50) Yes.
I Notice a pair of wooden louver shutters on the wall beside me. They most likely lead to a closet of some sort. Do we see anything else in the room?
(50/50) No, but...
After a couple seconds of looking around without any luck Karen turns to me. "Maybe there is something in there." She states well pointing to the closet doors.
"Lets have a look." I say taking a step towards the doors and grabbing the handles. Anything inside?
Is it a zombie?
(Unlikely) No.
Is it a human?
(Unlikely) No.
1 = 1[d3]
Scrap metal.
There is some sort of scrap metal sculpture in the shape of a bear sitting on the floor of the closet in front of me and a wooden box off to the side. I give the Bear a strange look then look to the decorative box sitting to it's left. "What do we have here." I ask well picking up the box and blowing the dust off the top. Is it locked?
(50/50) No, but...
I go to flip the latch on the box but it gives me some trouble for a couple seconds before finally popping free. "Looks like this hasn't been opened in awhile." I say to myself as I set the box down on the desk opening the lid with both hands. Anything inside?
(Somewhat Likely) No, but...
I open the lid but there is nothing inside other than the red velvet lining. 'Damn." I say smacking my hands down on the desk next to the box. Suddenly a hidden compartment falls open from the inside of the lid revealing..
Flash drive.
A flash drive of some sort. I pick the thing up with my hand and turn it over in my fingers well staring at it. "What the hell is this?" I ask with a frown on my face.
"I think it's a thumb drive." Karen replies well staring at the thing in my hand.
"Well isn't that just great." I say, tossing the thing onto the desk well picking up the box and shaking it upside down.
"Maybe there is something important on it?" Karen states well picking the flash drive up and looking at it. "I wonder if this computer still works?" She asks well taking a step back from the desk searching for the tower.
I give up on the box dropping it to the floor. "There is only one way to find out." I reply as I open the closed door on the desk spotting the tower inside. I press the button on the front of it, Does it turn on?
Nothing happens so I press the button a second time. "What the shit?" I say pressing the button a few more times.
"Maybe it would work better if you plug the cord in?" Karen asks well holding up the power cord in her hand.
"Thanks." I tell her as I take the cord from her plugging it into the wall behind the desk. Ok lets try this again. Does the computer turn on this time?
(Likely) Yes.
The button lights up green and I close the cabinet door and stand up staring at the monitor that is now displaying the boot up sequence. Is there a password?
(50/50) Yes, and...
The welcome screen comes up and a little box appears asking for a password. "Shit." I announce upon seeing the text box. "How the hell are we going to figure his password out?" I ask well plopping down in the chair and trying a few obvious answers. Bow-Master, Great_White_Hunter, Spam-Lover, Shitty-Bear-Sculpture. Do I guess it correctly?
(Unlikely) No.
"Fuck." I say smacking my hand down on the desk and staring at the screen angrily.
"Step aside old man." Karen says well pushing me out of the chair and sitting down herself. "I will show you how a professional handles this." She states well cracking her knuckles out in front of her.
I roll my eyes as Karen beings to type at a furious rate opening windows and boxes all over the screen. My mouth falls open a bit as I watch her in amazement. Can she do it?
after about a minute a message pops up on the screen stating that we have guessed the password incorrectly too many times and we will have to reboot the computer before trying again.
Karen turns and looks up at me with a guilty face. "Oops." She says.
"Nice try FBI's Most Wanted." I say with a straight face well reaching down and rebooting the computer.
"My Bad." Karen replies well looking over at the picture frame on the desk. "What's this?" She asks picking up what looks like a business card stuck in the corner of the frame with something jotted down on the back of it in pencil. Is it the password?
(Likely) No, but...
Karen reads the writing out loud. "Missing you always..." She says well flipping the card over in her hand. "Jan's Beauty and Boutique." She reads with a questioning look.
Just then the computer screen returns to the home page asking for the password again. Karen looks at the keyboard and then back at the screen. She types something short in and presses enter. Does it work?
(Somewhat Likely) No.
She turns to me. "Is Jan short for anything?" She asks.
"Janet." I tell her. She turns back around and types it in. Does this work?
The text box disappears and we are immediately stunned by a picture of what looks to be a 60 or so year old lady posing naked on a sofa with a suggestive look on her face.
"Fuck it's that little old lady I killed in the living room!" I yell at the sight of the wrinkly old hag sitting spread eagle on the sofa. "I bet she popped those dentures out for more than just cleaning her teeth!"
Karen gives me a dirty look and quickly brings up a menu and selects the default wallpaper getting rid of 'Janet's Centerfold' once and for all.
"I almost lost my lunch again." I tell her shaking my head trying to get the image out.
Karen picks up the thumb drive and plugs it into the tower of the computer. A folder opens up on the screen. Is there anything useful to us inside?
(50/50) Yes.
A folder labeled design comes up on the screen. Karen double clicks it and a bunch of blue prints pop up of a building of some sort. "Hey that's the Mansion!" I say surprised well studying the schematics displayed on the monitor.
"I think you are right." Karen replies. "This guy must of been an architect or something."
"Yeah he must of been." I say well Karen flips through the different images showing a detailed layout of the rooms inside the house. Is there a printer attached to the computer?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
I reach over Karen and turn the printer on beside her. Can you print these for me?" I ask well looking back at the screen.
"Sure." She says well selecting the ones with the room designs and clicking print. Does the printer have ink in it?
(Likely) Yes.
The printer starts making noise and the sheets begin to drop out of the front into the tray. After about a minute it looks to be finished. I grab the sheets of paper and fold them up siding them into one of the pockets on my jacket.
"These could come in handy." I say well looking back to Karen who is still scrolling through the different files on the screen.
"What's this?" She asks well hovering the mouse over a folder labeled 'TOP SECRET'
"Why don't you open it so we can find out." I tell her as she opens the file up on the screen. More useful stuff?
(50/50) No.
Inside the folder is a whole collection of images showing wrinkly old Janet getting nailed by some old fat bald guy who I assume is the owner of this house.
Karen quickly reaches up and shuts the monitor off. 'For fuck sake." She says well looking disgusted. "I think we found everything of use to us already." she states well pulling out the flash drive and handing it to me.
"I agree." I say well tossing the thing in the waste basket next to the desk. "Well lets continue our search of this house so we can get a move on to the Mansion." I turn to Karen rubbing my hand on the top of her head again well she gives me a dirty look. "Nice job with the password by the way." I tell her with a grin.
"Your welcome." She replies not even bothering to fix her hair this time.
We pass by the living room as I glance over at the curb stomped granny still lying on the floor. I start to gag picturing in my head the naughty images that have been seared into my memory.
"Your picturing something disgusting in your head again, aren't you?" Asks Karen well looking at the little old lady and then back to me.
"Lets move on." I say well tasting the food I just ate in my mouth again. As we reach the next room I can see that the door is already open. I peek my head inside, anything?
No Cannibals. It looks like a dining room with a somewhat small table and a couple chairs probably for one person and a guest. There is a china cabinet against the far wall and a picture in a fancy frame sitting above the table. On the table in the moldy remains of some frozen dinner meal the owner of the house must of been having before he left. Can we find anything to take with us?
(Somewhat Unlikely) No.
We don't find anything worth taking so we vacate the room leaving the maggot infested meal on the table behind us.
As we approach what must be the master bedroom do we see anything?
(50/50) Yes.
I can see that the door has a hole blasted in it and there is a large puddle of blood soaked into the carpeting just outside the door.
"I wonder what happened here?" Karen asks well staring at the blood stain on the floor.
"Looks like somebody died." I state well taking a step closer to the door. I lean in close to see if I catch a glimpse of anything through the jagged hole in the door.
(50/50) No.
"I don't see anything." I tell Karen stepping back from the door. "I can't really get a good look though. We are just going to have to open it to find out for sure." I say well reaching for the handle. Is the owner of the house still at home?
(50/50) Yes.
Slobbering zombie.
I open the door and sitting on the bed in front of us is the geriatric porn loving slob we seen in the pictures on the computer. He is wearing a greasy blood stained wife beater and yellow stained whitey-tighties. He turns to looks at me as a line of drool falls from the corner of his mouth.
Do I see anything else in the immediate vicinity?
(50/50) Yes, but...
Above average flashlight.
As he begins to stand up I back away from the door grabbing the Rusty Pipe Wrench from my bag. I can see that he is gripping a metal-cased flashlight like a cop would have in his hairy sausage fingers.
He moans then farts as he starts to hobble his way towards us. I am pretty sure he just shit his pants as the reeking body odor and smell of feces fills my nostrils. "Fuck! This guy is a walking cesspool!" I yell as he holds the flashlight above his head like he plans to hit me with it. I pinch my nose closed with my free hand and I run up to him swinging the wrench for his head. Do I get him?
(50/50) No, and...
The revolting sack of shit side steps my swing and swings his flashlight at my face. Can I get my arm up in time to block it?
(50/50) No.
He cleans my clock smashing me across the face with the hard metal flashlight knocking the wrench out of my hand and sending me falling to the ground at his sweaty hairy feet.
"Kevin!" I hear Karen scream as I roll onto my back looking at the ceiling well the room spins and the lights grow dim. I can feel something wet running down the side of my face. The stinky fuck comes into view over top of me and I can tell he is looking down probably trying to figure out how he can fit me into a deep fryer before eating me. Can Karen save me in time to stop that from happening?
(50/50) No, but...
The repulsive beast drops to his knees beside me letting out another wet sounding horrific fart. He lets go of the flashlight and reaches for me with both hands. Can I fend him off?
(50/50) Yes, but...
Dizzily I am able to get my hand up in time to grab his throat with my arm outstretched as he reaches for me. Drool and pieces of rotten food fall out of his mouth onto my arm as he pushes himself closer to my face. "Karen." I try to yell but it only comes out as a whisper. Does she help me?
I see Karen out of the corner of my eye and she is standing above the vile fuck with my pipe wrench over her head. "Get off him!" She yells as she swings it for his balding head. Does she get him?
(Somewhat Likely) No.
Just as the wrench is about to bash his brains out the ugly bastard turns his head towards Karen and the wrench grazes his head not causing any damage at all. He reaches his arm out for Karen's leg. Does he get her?
(50/50) No.
Karen lifts her leg up at the last second dodging the grasp of the slobbering idiots hand. Am I starting to come to my senses yet?
(50/50) Yes.
I am starting to be able to see more clearly now as I reach down and pick up the metal flashlight lying besides me. As the beast turns back towards me with his drool covered mouth wide open I shove the flashlight towards his gaping maw. Can I aim straight?
(Somewhat Likely) Yes.
Killed.
The end of the flashlight jams into his greasy mouth busting out his teeth and imbedding itself into his throat. As the disgusting fuck begins to fall back swinging his arms wildly for the flashlight I push myself up still ramming it further down his throat. By the time his back is on the ground I am on top of his fat gut with the flashlight no longer in sight cramming my entire forearm down his rancid throat.
With a wet gurgling sound his arms finally cease to function and his glazed over eyes roll back into his head. I wretch my arm free from his throat pulling out the gore covered flashlight still clenched in my fingers. As I start to fall back to the floor behind me Karen catches my fall with her hands and gently helps me sit up with the wall to my back.