Science Fiction Second play. A Wasteland Gunfight
I'm using the characters from my first playthrough. This will be a continuing story. I've used the Random List Generator at http://www.patho-logic.com/misc/RandList...rking.html to create a custom combat and hacking system. I think it works pretty good but you be the judge. I hope you enjoy, this turned out to be quite a fire fight.

Our last job on Avas gave us almost enough credits to get a transport to the Cypher Belt, where we plan to set up base. But before then we have one last job, collecting a debt for a quite unsavoury character.
"That building there?" Exclaims Illus.
'Yeah that's it", replies Satra, "and this time I know there'll be a fight"
'You got that right!"
The building is in the wastelands about 20k north of one of the minor star ports. No one is paying this place much attention so we should be able to go in guns blazing.
From this range we won't have much luck with the door guards so we have to move in closer.
PROMPT: Don't be too gung ho
We continue on.. and I'm fairly positive I know what will happen
Is there enough cover to sneak up?
(Likely | 8[d10]) Yes
Freely / Beautiful
"Ok guys, lets go!" We sneak up crouched and take up positions overlooking the guards. One guard is in the open, his partner is behind a barricade.
"Ready!" Whispers Ulla
"In position" comes Satra
Illus is ready too with Ardell bringing up the rear.
"Let them have it!" I shout
PC WEAPON FIRE: Target hit on groin, internal organ damage (fatal), ..The first guard goes down.
PC WEAPON FIRE: Target grazed on head, suppressed but 50/50 pinned, small fires momentarily break out.
(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...
The other guy is more lucky. As he fires blindly over the barricade, he contacts his backup
NPC WEAPON FIRE: Total miss, target suppression very unlikely
(Very Unlikely | 1[d10]) No, and...
We still have the initiative, I hope!
INITIATIVE: your opponent reacts first and you totally miss it
Well it was a false hope. As we move the guard manages to get a few shots off
NPC WEAPON FIRE: Miss, target likely suppressed, a fire starts nearby..
(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...
3 = 3[d6]
Satra is caught in a blaze of blaster fire, she has to move quickly to avoid the flames from a burning pile of junk nearby.
Have the enemy reinforcements arrived yet?
(Unlikely | 3[d10]) No
INITIATIVE: you both react simultaneously
Ulla and I open fire. PC WEAPON FIRE: Target hit on thigh, major blunt force damage and fractures, suppressed and pinned, smoke and debris obscure the target,
Before the guard is hit, he fires at us: NPC WEAPON FIRE: Miss, target suppressed but unlikely pinned, surrounding structures are damaged
(Unlikely | 1[d10]) No, and...
We now have the advantage. Illus moves in to finish him off.
INITIATIVE: you react first
WEAPON FIRE: Target hit on equipment (no injury)
"It's game over fella, drop the gun!" Illus screams
Does he surrender?
We're lucky as no backup has arrived
Ulla ties him up and hits him with a stun charge. "Ardell get over here and plug in!" I yell. Ardell complies
HACK LEVEL 1: You are hacking level one security the following areas are available to infiltrate. Choose one system to hack or hack to roll again. The firewall must always be hacked before anything else Auxiliary power, Firewall, , ,
"Lets get that firewall down"
HACK LEVEL 1 SYSTEM: There are several opportunities to hack the this system. It will take 1 -(player skill modifier) minutes. (any time less than one is instantaneous): Unlikely, , Unlikely, ,
No
No, but...
No, but...
No
HACK LEVEL 1 SYSTEM: There are several opportunities to hack the this system. It will take 3 -(player skill modifier) minutes. (any time less than one is instantaneous): Unlikely, Unlikely, Likely, 50/50, 50/50
This will take a few minutes
Do additional enemies appear?
Yes
"Alright take cover here they come"
6 = 6[d6]
There are 6 gunmen streaming out of the building
INITIATIVE: you get the jump on your opponent while they stumble.
PC WEAPON FIRE: Near miss, target suppressed and likely pinned, flaming pieces of debris fly in the air
Yes, and...
We open up and have them pinned near the entry.
Ardell works on hacking the system
HACK LEVEL 1: You are hacking level one security the following areas are available to infiltrate. Choose one system to hack or hack to roll again. The firewall must always be hacked before anything else Security doors, , Auxiliary lighting, Auxiliary power,
"I'm going to try and get Security Door Control"
HACK LEVEL 1 SYSTEM: There are several opportunities to hack the this system. It will take 3 -(player skill modifier) minutes. (any time less than one is instantaneous): , Somewhat Unlikely, , Very Unlikely, Unlikely
It'll take a minute though
INITIATIVE: you both react simultaneously
WEAPON FIRE: Miss, target suppression unlikely, small fires break out
No, but...
They break suppression but hold their ground, firing back
WEAPON FIRE: Total miss
Luckily their shots go quite wide.
INITIATIVE: you get the jump on your opponent while they stumble. Now's our chance, they're uncoordinated and not putting up a cohesive fight
PC WEAPON FIRE: Miss, target likely suppressed, debris covers the target
Yes, and...
We have them in a crossfire and they cant seem to fire back
Ardell continues:
No
No
No, but...
No, and...
...but he cant break the code yet
PC WEAPON FIRE: Miss, target suppression 50/50
No, but...
The gunmen break suppression and start to fire back. Their leader takes aim at Illus:
NPC WEAPON FIRE: Miss, target suppressed but unlikely pinned, debris flies around
No, but...
Illus is covered in smoke, dust and pieces of building, he's lying prone on the floor and backs into cover. "We gotta flank them!" he yells. I can't hear over the noise.
Ardell is frantically working on his terminal:
HACK LEVEL 1 SYSTEM: There are several opportunities to hack the this system. It will take 1 -(player skill modifier) minutes. (any time less than one is instantaneous): Very Unlikely, Unlikely, Unlikely, Somewhat Likely, Somewhat Unlikely
No
No
Yes, but...
"Security Doors shut and locked. Not sure if that helps or not but I can control them individually", Ardell is in.
INITIATIVE: you both react at the same time
PC WEAPON FIRE: Miss, target suppression unlikely, pieces of cover are blown away and smoke is everywhere..
No
NPC WEAPON FIRE: Target grazed on head, target suppression 50/50, a nearby structure is hit and set on fire.Target is frustrated but still fighting
No, and...
"God Damnit!!", Shouts Ullador as pieces of building hit his head. "God Dammit finish them off!! Illus, Satra, flank right and get them in cross fire!!!"
"Roger that!" Replies Illus and he and Satra make their move, exposing themselves to fire
NPC WEAPON FIRE: Very near miss, target suppressed and pinned, smoke and debris obscure the target.
It's not good. They've gotten themselves pinned down.
INITIATIVE: you react first. Ulla and I give them covering fire.
WEAPON FIRE: Miss, target likely suppressed, sparks fly
Yes
"Ok guys, you're clear, run! RUN!"
INITIATIVE: you react first and your opponent doesn't see it. Illus and Satra manage to make it to a flanking position in cover.
HACK LEVEL 1: You are hacking level one security the following areas are available to infiltrate. Choose one system to hack or hack to roll again. The firewall must always be hacked before anything else , , , Auxiliary lighting. Nothing worth trying. Ardell keeps at it.
INITIATIVE: you both react at the same time
PC WEAPON FIRE: Near miss, target suppressed but 50/50 pinned, debris flies around, Target will freeze if suppressed and morale low
Yes
NPC WEAPON FIRE: Miss, target suppression 50/50, there is some smoke, Target's morale takes a hit
No, and...
Now's our chance to finish this. Illus and Satra run in and fie point blank while they are suppressed
PC WEAPON FIRE: Target grazed on shin, likely suppressed, small fires break out...
PC WEAPON FIRE: Total miss, target suppression unlikely, Target will pull back if morale low but continue fighting
They dont do any real damage. Now both sides are on top of each other.
PC WEAPON FIRE: Target hit on buttocks, extensive shrapnel fragments, suppressed and likely pinned, small fires break out.Target rattled but continues to fight
Yes
The gunmen have taken a beating, do they falter?
(Likely | 5[d10]) No, but...
They dont have a lot of fight left in them
WEAPON FIRE: Miss, target suppression likely, nearby structures are severely damaged, Target's morale takes a hit if there are injuries
(Likely | 8[d10]) Yes
WEAPON FIRE: Near miss, target suppressed but 50/50 pinned, nearby structures are destroyed, Target will pull back if morale low but continue fighting..
(50/50 | 4[d10]) No
As we pummel them with everything we have, the gunmen pull back towards the building, dragging their wounded. Unfortunately for them, as Ardell controls the security doors, they cannot enter and are trapped in the open. I call for them to lay down their arms.
(Very Likely | 7[d10]) Yes
Ardell and Ullador collect their weapons as they lay down before us. "Ok, which one of you scum is Zhorin Calway?" Any answer?
(Likely | 8[d10]) Yes
"Ok shit head, I'm not going to beat around the bush. We want the 50 thousand you owe Narla Milos. If we dont get it we will kill every single one of you!"
Does he comply?
Calway, raises his hands without saying a word and carefully pulls a data chip out of his pocket. He throws it on the ground and steps back.
Ardell grabs the chip and plugs it in. "He's 15 short"
"Fifteen credits?" Asks Satra
"No fifteen thousand" replies Ardell
"Stupid!" He adds
"Fuck you!" Replies Satra
"Fuck you all!" Calway chips in
I've had enough of this. I take out my blaster and shoot him in the knee. Calway winces in pain. Does he comply?
(Likely | 9[d10]) Yes
"Deidro, give them the 15!" He manages to say. Another gunman throws down a chip and after checking it, Ardell nods.
We've got what we came for. Now to gently back off and get the hell out of here. Ulla has them covered with his big repeating blaster and Illus brings up the speeder.
After a long ride back we deliver the funds to our client who is happy to pay us the agreed amount. With this payment the pieces have come together and we can finally get out of this place.