Numenera 3
Is Corso awake when I wake up?
(50/50 | 2[d10]) No
I bet I'm really hungry now, aren't I?
(Very Likely | 6[d10]) Yes, but...
...but kinda nauseous at the same time. Oh, wonderful.
Do I feel sick?
(Likely | 7[d10]) Yes
Is it a disease?
(50/50 | 3[d10]) No
Do I need to throw up?
(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...
I need to eat something. Something small. And maybe something to drink, too. Also small.
The problem is, where do I find food? I'm not good at killing animals, and I haven't seen a plant since I got here.
Is there any light I can see?
(Unlikely | 2[d10]) No
So the only light in the room is being emitted by the stone that's attached to my forehead. That's not much light. I can see the barest tiny edges of things, and only because I've been asleep in an all-dark room and awakened there. I can barely see Corso.
I remember the blue stone. It produced a lot more light than this red stone.
Can I remember dropping it?
(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...
I can think of a couple of places I might've dropped it.
Should I try and go back for it? See if I can find it?
The sensible answer is no. I'm nauseous, I haven't eaten and I'm hungry.
And I want to throw up. Do I throw up, just thinking about it?
(50/50 | 2[d10]) No
Well, that's good. I'm not sure where I'd end up tossing my cookies in the dark. Maybe somewhere I'd sit on ten seconds later.
Is the feeling of wanting to throw up passing?
(50/50 | 2[d10]) No
Huh. I just managed to restrain myself. Lovely. Does my stomach hurt?
(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...
Not that bad. Okay.
I look in Corso's direction and try reaching out for that connection I had with Shell. Corso is L5. I'm trained in Telepathy, so that brings the difficulty down to 4 (12).
13 = 13[d20]
Just barely made it. She's dreaming. Can I enter her dream?
(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes
Sweet. What's she dreaming about?
To Gain Playfulness.
She's a child in someone's household, somewhere. The building is wood and plaster with stone floors. There are rugs on the floor, and clay dust, but the kids don't seem to notice. Everything seems normal to them as they play their game. There are stones on the rug, and a cube that changes colors, and everyone does things at the same time, regardless of who throws the cube. I can't figure it out.
A cross between a mechanical turtle and a beetle comes into the room, circles me, and then proceeds to quietly hoover up the clay dust on the floor before moving on to the next room. Fascinated, I follow it into the hallway, where I watch it pick its way into and through the dining room.
Does anything threaten the children's game?
(Somewhat Likely | 2[d10]) No +Twist: NPC / Appears
Corso appears at my side, looking no older than six. "Who are you? Are you one of father's friends?"
She's so cute as a child. I have to smile at her even as I shake my head. "I don't think he knows I'm here."
Then it hits me that I can understand what she's saying. The context of her words in this dream is deeper than normal. It's not like understanding the words as they're spoken, but rather figuring out the meaning from the mass of contextual information around each of the words, plus the sentence as a whole.
I speak in English. Does she understand what I'm saying?
It's the same sort of massive contextual soup both ways. She looks puzzled, but then her eyes clear as she gets the meaning.
"Your accent is so strange," she says. "Are you from far away?"
"I must be," I answer.
Is she waking up?
(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes
I can feel her waking up, and I retreat from the connection back into my head, back into the darkened room.
I can still remember some of the words she used, but with the bulk of the context gone, they seem very strange. I choose the last thing she said and repeat it a few times, to remember how the language works.
Corso says something to me, but I don't understand any of the words. Her voice is hushed, nearly whispering. I'm not sure if she's frightened. It's either fear or awe, I can't tell which.
XP +1 for the shared dream.
What's her mood now?
To Gain Affection.
She says something else. It sounds like a question, and while I make out most of it, I don't make out the rest. So I repeat the part I don't understand, and then try out the connection word to it, experimentally.
She shifts, and I reassert the connection I had with her. Her mood is pretty clear, and while she seems uncomfortable, she also seems grateful and determined.
Then she says something else, and I only catch a single word. She might be talking about sex, but I can't tell for sure.
She does something, and light leaps out from her. After so much time in the dark, it's blinding, and I have to cover my eyes.
I can hear her get up and approach. She seems apologetic, but once again, I can only make out a single word of what she says.
She says something short, perhaps a single word, the end of that first sentence, and then moves in close, blocking the light.
I open my eyes, and one of her hands is on the ground, holding up her weight as she leans in and smiles. She's chewing something that smells really good. Something salty.
I look down a little from her face, and that's when she leans in close and kisses me on the mouth. I can taste something that might be dried and smoked meat in her mouth, and between that and her lips, her kiss is intoxicating. I take in the food from her mouth, and swallowing, I put my arms around her and pull her in close.
It's not like she's resisting. If anything, she seems drawn in by the intensity. She's short of breath, and before I can break off the kiss, she raises her chin to get air, leaving me free to continue down to her throat.
This drives her nuts. She collapses, dragging me on top of her.
And then it's a mad dash to get our clothes off.
In her case, her clothes don't come off easy. It's mostly two layers of armor, a few belts with various sized pockets, a backpack. The sword is on its own belt. She manages where I don't when it comes to her own clothes. She gets my clothes off pretty easily, not that there's much to them.
Then she says something and the lights go abruptly out, and it's just us in the darkness.
I manage to avoid nudging the places where she still hurts from the fight with the bots. It's pretty easy to know what to touch and how much when I can feel her sensations from the inside. It's a real ride. She has a wonderful time.
She does have a wonderful time, doesn't she?
(Very Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...
Her orgasm is very strong, mind-blowing. She's gasping and screaming and crying, it's so good.
How's mine? Is mine good?
(Very Likely | 8[d10]) Yes
It's hard for my orgasm not to be good, given that I'm inside her head when she comes, and her orgasm is so good.
We collapse together for a while. Then she says something, and the light comes on again from the globe she'd turned off previously. It's still floating nearby, and I think I can hear a tiny whine from it as it floats near us.
She mutters something and smiles as she sits up and goes into her pack. It's hard not to admire her taut form as she squats and goes intently through her stuff. Her hair is shoulder length and a mess, but it looks wild and gives her a passionate air more than a little intoxicating to me. She returns to my side with a package of some sort.
The package contains more of the jerky she shared with me during the kiss. She shares a couple strips with me, and although it's not very much, it's enough to make me feel a little better.
I mime drinking out of a glass at her and she chuckles and shakes her head, then holds up her index finger. I'm not sure what she means, so I shake my head in puzzlement, whereupon she smiles and pulls me into another of her intimate kisses before getting up and bringing her pack over to where I'm sitting.
This time she fishes a small irregular globe out of her pack and presses the top of it. This exposes a square area above the globe composed of light, about two feet across. Above the square, also composed of light, there are shapes like tubes and squares and other shapes.
Toward the bottom and center of the square was a small rectangle with two red dots inside. She points at the square, and then points at me, and then herself.
It's a map. It's a three dimensional map. I'm just not sure of what the other parts of the map are showing.
Does the map continue to show this three dimensional aspect?
Animals
So then the dots representing Corso and I vanish and are replaced by scattered dots that are mostly moving, although not all of them. Some are in little groups. Some appear, moving across the square in one of the visible areas until they get to the opposite side and vanish.
Does Corso seem to understand what we're looking at now?
(Unlikely | 8[d10]) Yes +Twist: NPC / Appears
Someone new?
(Somewhat Likely | 8[d10]) Yes +Twist: Item / Ends the scene
Since Corso is based on a Warlord, I'm going to base the new one on a Bandit. Male is low.
6 = 6[d6]
Female. A knife-tip comes through the door space, followed by a skinny arm clothed in bands of metal and plastic. In steps a girl. What's she like?
Attentive chemically altered human
She has a yellow glowing, tubular necklace, a tube top, bare midriff, a ripped dress-like arrangement around her hips and thighs, and heavy looking boots of some sort of plastic material. She says something, and Corso looks up without covering up in the slightest. Corso says something back. The women seem to be on friendly terms, though there's something a little formal between them.
The girl steps out through the door, knife-point first again, at shoulder level.
Corso turns to me and says something, then starts getting dressed. Time to go, I guess.