Classic Fantasy A Night at the Rose Farm [Fate Core]
#1
Story: The rain was coming down hard when I spotted a sign that read 'Rose Farm: Rooms for Weary Travelers'. I decided to head in that direction will led me to come upon the building. There was nothing else close so I decided to spend the night. This is where my story starts.

When I go in the main building, is it like an inn?

Yes +Twist: NPC / Appears

Paranoid hunter

Male?

Yes, but...

I make my way through the building to talk to the innkeeper and I see a person coming my direction. He stops me and whispers to me 'Be careful, there's something going on here' with the most angelic voice that I have ever head in my life. He smiles nervously, shifting his eyes from side to side and then proceeds to quickly leave the inn.

Is it during the day?

Yes

Are there more people inside the inn?

Yes, and...

They seem to be enjoying themselves, there's music playing from a bard.

I make my way to the innkeeper behind the bar and sit down at the stool. Can I have a glass of water?

No

The man behind the bar looks at me and says, "I'm not the guy in charge. You have to pay for whatever you drink." He then points to a man across the room sitting at a table surrounded by people.

Deviant medic

I look back at the innkeeper and then again at the man behind the bar. I wave my hand and say "Water". The guy pours me a cup of water and then continues to do what he had been doing. Does anybody notices what I did?

No, and...

The music starts to increase as well as the rain outside, with lightning falling followed by thunder.

I turn to the man behind the bar, "Do you have rooms available?" I ask.

Yes, but...

"They are not very good. The good ones are occupied." he then turns to attend other customers.

When he comes back I ask, "If I give you 20 gp, would that be enough for a room?"

No

"No, that would not be enough."

"How about 30?"

Yes, and...

"We'll give you the best room we have available." He hands me a key, "It's the first room on the left."

Interestingly / Abandoned

The room looks to be torn and broken. The dresser is all torn up and the bed is stained. Is there any magical presence in the room? (This is an INT check, which is 3d6 against a minimum of Difficult [16])

10 = 6[d6]+2[d6]+2[d6]

I don't detect any magical presence in the room so I walk in. Was there a magical trap in the room?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

There was an actual trap in the room. I hear a releasing mechanism of a bolt being shot. (To avoid is an AGI check, which is 4d6 due to Acrobatics check against Challenging [13]) Do I avoid the bolt?

14 = 4[d6]+4[d6]+1[d6]+5[d6]

I manage to avoid the bolt as it passes in front of me where my head was. Once it hits the wall on the opposite side, does it do anything?

(Somewhat Likely) No, and...

No, and it actually breaks apart on impact. I pick it up and notice that it didn't actually would've hurt me. There's a piece of paper inside the bold, and it reads 'Welcome to the Farm's Inn. Enjoy your stay!'.

No idea why that happened but I decide to take a nap and lie down on the bed... when I suddenly awake to the sound of screams.

Do I recognize the scream?

(50/50) Yes, but...

The voice sounds very familiar but I can't quite place it. I get up and head to the door, is it locked?

(Somewhat Likely) No, but...

The door's unlocked but there's no light coming from the hallway it's pitch black. I get ready and step into the hallway. Do I run into anything?

(50/50) Yes

Is it a person?

(50/50) Yes

Is it male?

(50/50) No, and...

Is she young?

(Somewhat Unlikely) Yes

Does she notice me coming out of the room?

(Somewhat Likely) No, but...

She bumps into me and is that fear I notice on her face?

(Likely) Yes

She runs past me and heads down the stairs, when I hear the screams again. Is it coming in the direction of where the girl came from?

(Likely) No

Is it coming from down the stairs?

(Somewhat Likely) No

Is it coming from outside the inn?

(Likely) Yes

I head downstairs. Is the bar empty?

(Likely) Yes

Is it raining outside?

(50/50) Yes

I hear the raining drops hitting the giant roof of the farm. Do I hear the screams again?

(Somewhat Likely) No, but...

There's another strange sound. Is the room covered in darkness?

(Somewhat Likely) Yes

Is the a space for the moonlight to seep through?

(Somewhat Unlikely) Yes, and...

It actually illuminates the entire room, so I can actually see someone standing in the door way of the farm. Is it the woman that passed me by?

(Somewhat Likely) No, and...

She's actually on the floor, a pool of blood next to her. On top of her is another person, is it male?

(50/50) Yes, and...

It's somebody I recognize. The owner of the inn is standing over the girl with a smile on his face as he looks at me.

(Initiating Combat)
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)