Classic Fantasy Therstorie
First time ever really writing something worthwhile so i dont mind positve and negative criticism to help make it more enjoyable!

here goes:

you wake up finding yourself on a cave floor.

(do i remember who i am?)

The answer to your question is: YES (d100 roll: 71)

NPC: Vasilia Durerie the adequate and blind tracker

(do i remember why im here?)

The answer to your question is: YES BUT (d100 roll: 65)

you remember that you were following someone into this cave when you got hit on the head from behind.

(do i remember what hit me?)

The answer to your question is: NO AND (d100 roll: 10)

you do not remember anything and there is nothing around that suggests what had hit you.

(is there anyone else in the cave with me?)

The answer to your question is: YES AND (d100 roll: 97)

The Tension Builds: You have found someone who probably has important information for your quest. The catch: the language he speaks is completely unknown.

there is a tall muscular built man staring at you from across the room sitting on a log. he sees that you are awake and

starts talking but you do not know the language of which he speaks. he stares at you for a moment for a reply and simply

smiles and walks toward you.

(am i frightened of this man?)

The answer to your question is: NO (d100 roll: 22)

even though you are wary of your surroundings this man doesnt not seem to pose a threat. as he arrives to where you

are sitting he takes something out of his bag. it looks like a clear liquid of sorts. he hands you the bottle and tips

his head back as if telling you to drink.

(do i trust this man?)

The answer to your question is: YES BUT (d100 roll: 62)

More Details: Insecure Envy

having lived a life of solitude and listening to lie after lie of people who you have tracked down your hesitant

to trust this man but there is something about him that grips you and are envious of his charms. you decide

to drink the liquid he gives you. after the cool liquid seeps down into your body you feel a tingling sensation in

your head.

"are you okay?" says the man.

"i think so...kind of battered up a little. was the liquid you gave me a potion of sorts so that i could understand

you?".

"yes..my spoken language is fairly old and not spoken here very much anymore. do not fret..there are no

side effects....that i know of." he gives you a light chuckle.

(am i capable of standing up and looking around me?)

The answer to your question is: YES AND (d100 roll: 98)

you start to push yourself up and feel a lttle light headed from the hit on the head and that fact you

havent eaten for a while it seems. as you stand up an look around you you see that you are inside a cave

with a single torch in the middle of the room and 2 exits out. the smell in here is musty and doesnt seem

like its been used for awhile. the log the man had been sitting on at first glance looks really sturdy but

for some reason doesnt seem to belong.

"how long have i been out?"

"at least 2 days give or take a couple of hours."

"have you been watching me this whole time?"

"of sorts...i heard some ruckus up here while passing by and stopped to see if everything was alright

and saw you slumped on the floor. i went to check if you were alright and couldnt not find who or what

attacked you."

(do i trust what this man is saying?)

The answer to your question is: YES (d100 roll: 75)

"well thank you for taking care of me but i must be on my way. i have an important mission i must complete."

"i understand but you should rest a bit. i have some food with me if you would like to join me."

(do i join him?)

The answer to your question is: NO (d100 roll: 25)

"im sorry but i really must be on my way. my mission can't wait."

"i can understand that but i really really must insist that you stay. its not really safe out there

at this time of night and can't promise that you would make it out of here alive."

(do i still insist on leaving?)

The answer to your question is: YES BUT (d100 roll: 72)

--> Since the answer is a NO AND or YES BUT, a potential complication is: A lot of noise was just made drawing the attention of others who you didn't want to notice

as you start to walk toward one of the exits you hear a lot of noise echoing through the cave. you are not

sure of which direction its coming but its a not a pleasant one. you feel a chill in the air and think twice of

leaving.

"what was that?" you ask with fear in your voice.

"that would be something i can't tell you in your language but trust me...not something you want to

run into."

"i...i...i think i will stay here with you."

"that would be wise. i have some things i would like to share with you."

he offers you a seat on the log and hands you some bread and water.

as you sit on the log it feels warm and unnatural. as you jump up the man just starts laughing.

"what..what was that?"

"oh, that..thats my companion...a shape shifter."

right before your eyes you see a shimmer and then a female humanoid standing in front of you.

"i'm sorry if i startled you...i guess my companion over there likes to mess with people a little too much.

my name is Aura and my rude companion over there is Trilien."

"My name is Vasilia."

"Well met Vasilia. Though i suppose i should tell you why we are really here", says Aura

staring at you intently.

"Are you sure about this?", Trillen says to Aura with a quizzical glance.

"I am", Aura retorts. "It is not an accident that you are here Vasilia. It is also not

an accident that we found you unconscious on the floor of this cave."

(how do i react?)

More Details: Disruptive Fairness

"What do you mean 'not an accident'!??? You're telling me that i was led here on purpose?!?!"

"In a sense..yes." Aura responds.

"I'm sorry...that's hard to believe. I'm just a woman doing a job to get by and here you two are

telling me someone has taken an interest in my affairs."

Aura and Trillen wait for you to calm down.

"i'm sorry...I've had one hell of a day....first i lose my target...get hit on the head...lose consciousness....

and wake up to find a changling and a...a... whatever you are Trillen. No offense."

"None taken", Trillen replies with a huge grin on his face.

"I am just a man who knows things. Nothing special about me really."

(do i believe him?)

The answer to your question is: YES (d100 roll: 76)

"I see. I have no reason to doubt you. You've been nothing but kind since I've woken up and here I am

screaming at you but I am curious, how did you know i would be here?"

Aura takes in a deep breath and sighs.

"You may not believe me but i also am on a mission myself. I am part of a group of people who seek

knowledge and understanding. My companion and I have been traveling together for a while. Our

leader told us a year ago that while on our path of discovery on this night we would find one that

possess

things we have never known."

Trillen is observing your clothing with curiousity.

Aura continues: "Sure enough...here you are."

"May i ask what kind of material you are wearing? I have never seen such garments before." Trillen says.

While listening to Trillen you look at him and Aura and realize you yourself have never seen

clothes like what they have on.

"May i ask where we are? For i have never seen clothing as yours either."

The NPC gives: an interested response

Aura is amused. "So on top of getting knocked out you have forgotten where you are? We are on the outskirts

of a town called Granel. It is about a half day journey from here. Have you heard of it?"

You shake your head. (Granel? Where am I? Last i knew i was in the mountains near Anathe...and that's

definitely not a town..more like a city.)

Aura is bemused. "Maybe in time you will. For now you need to rest. You look really warn out and

after all this talk we could all use some."

(do i heed her advice?)

The answer to your question is: NO (d100 roll: 29)

"I'm not really tired...I really would like to ask some more questions if thats alright?"

Aura tells you that we will have time on our journey to Granel in the morning and that

she needs to rest. Trillen nods his head and says he is heading out to scout.

(do i follow Trillen?)

The answer to your question is: NO (d100 roll: 24)

You decide to rest in the cave. As you lay down and your head hits the floor you

realize you were a lot more tired then you thought and soon fall asleep.
Adequate and blind. Two qualities one always looks for when hiring a Tracker.

Hello, darklight. I enjoy reading solo roleplay transcripts not only for the story, but because find it interesting how people use the tools, tables, and rule sets in a solo application. You invited feedback and I have a couple of insights that might make your sessions more interesting and/or challenging.

The first is related to my opening line. I am assuming you generated your character randomly on PlayEveryRole. When you get a description that appears to contradict itself (ie. a blind Tracker ) you have a couple of options. The easiest is just to re-roll or override it with a trait of your own choosing. The second, and possibly more interesting to your story, is to give the character some way to overcome their blindness (i.e. heightened other senses, mystical ability, mechanical device or implant). A third, and this might have been what you were attempting to do, is to redefine the word 'blind'. It may not be a physical blindness, but an absence of knowledge or unwillingness to accept a certain fact. Perhaps, you considered your character's confusion over her location her "blindness". If so, I think it's important to let the reader know that, if not narratively then in a direct statement explaining your interpretation. ("Blind will mean my character does not know where she is.") Regardless of which option you choose, I think it's important to address it in your transcript to keep readers from thinking, "How can she do that if she is blind?" Especially, when much of the actions and dialogue that follow are based on what your character is witnessing.

The second suggestion is the use of the Yes/No Oracle. Right away let me say that everyone uses it differently and there is no wrong way. Your choices are fine and might work best for you. But if I might, let me offer a way to make the game more interesting. Instead of using the Oracle to determine if your character does something (i.e. Do I eat the food, Do I trust him, Do I insist on leaving, etc.), use the Oracle to determine facts or perceptions about things you have no control over and personally make decisions for your character. Think of it as a tabletop game with a human GM: the Oracle is should give you information the GM would provide and you make decisions for your character based on that information.

Here are some examples. Instead of "Do I eat the food?", ask "Does the food look/smell normal/safe?" or "Am I hungry?". Then, if you decide to eat, you might roll to see if the food has any positive or negative effects. Of course, remember to add any likelihood to the roll. If the food looked safe, you might ask "Was it poisoned?", setting the chance to "Unlikely" or "Very Unlikely." Another example is during a conversation you can ask, "Does the speaker guard their words?", "Do they seem nervous?", or "Do they seem relaxed?" If you choose to believe, then when the time comes to check their truthfulness you make another oracle check, adjusting accordingly: Truth unlikely if they sounded guarded or nervous, likely if they seemed relaxed or you have a positive history with the character.

One caveat to the above is if you, as the human player, possess information about the situation that your character would not know, for example, the presence of a trap. In that case, use an oracle to determine your character's actions. Is she searching for traps?

I hope this isn't too much. Ultimately, do whatever is fun and works the best for you. These are just some suggestion for ways to keep the game interesting and give you more agency over your character. Also, it might provide some strange or exciting scenes. Above all, keep roleplaying.
(06-11-2019, 10:27 AM)Teviko604 Wrote: Adequate and blind. Two qualities one always looks for when hiring a Tracker.

Hello, darklight. I enjoy reading solo roleplay transcripts not only for the story, but because find it interesting how people use the tools, tables, and rule sets in a solo application. You invited feedback and I have a couple of insights that might make your sessions more interesting and/or challenging.

The first is related to my opening line. I am assuming you generated your character randomly on PlayEveryRole. When you get a description that appears to contradict itself (ie. a blind Tracker ) you have a couple of options. The easiest is just to re-roll or override it with a trait of your own choosing. The second, and possibly more interesting to your story, is to give the character some way to overcome their blindness (i.e. heightened other senses, mystical ability, mechanical device or implant). A third, and this might have been what you were attempting to do, is to redefine the word 'blind'. It may not be a physical blindness, but an absence of knowledge or unwillingness to accept a certain fact. Perhaps, you considered your character's confusion over her location her "blindness". If so, I think it's important to let the reader know that, if not narratively then in a direct statement explaining your interpretation. ("Blind will mean my character does not know where she is.") Regardless of which option you choose, I think it's important to address it in your transcript to keep readers from thinking, "How can she do that if she is blind?" Especially, when much of the actions and dialogue that follow are based on what your character is witnessing.

The second suggestion is the use of the Yes/No Oracle. Right away let me say that everyone uses it differently and there is no wrong way. Your choices are fine and might work best for you. But if I might, let me offer a way to make the game more interesting. Instead of using the Oracle to determine if your character does something (i.e. Do I eat the food, Do I trust him, Do I insist on leaving, etc.), use the Oracle to determine facts or perceptions about things you have no control over and personally make decisions for your character. Think of it as a tabletop game with a human GM: the Oracle is should give you information the GM would provide and you make decisions for your character based on that information.

Here are some examples. Instead of "Do I eat the food?", ask "Does the food look/smell normal/safe?" or "Am I hungry?". Then, if you decide to eat, you might roll to see if the food has any positive or negative effects. Of course, remember to add any likelihood to the roll. If the food looked safe, you might ask "Was it poisoned?", setting the chance to "Unlikely" or "Very Unlikely." Another example is during a conversation you can ask, "Does the speaker guard their words?", "Do they seem nervous?", or "Do they seem relaxed?" If you choose to believe, then when the time comes to check their truthfulness you make another oracle check, adjusting accordingly: Truth unlikely if they sounded guarded or nervous, likely if they seemed relaxed or you have a positive history with the character.

One caveat to the above is if you, as the human player, possess information about the situation that your character would not know, for example, the presence of a trap. In that case, use an oracle to determine your character's actions. Is she searching for traps?

I hope this isn't too much. Ultimately, do whatever is fun and works the best for you. These are just some suggestion for ways to keep the game interesting and give you more agency over your character. Also, it might provide some strange or exciting scenes. Above all, keep roleplaying.

thanks appreciate the feedback. honestly i kinda ignored the blind part lol. i was really just looking for a job description and saw tracker. i was really using this more for the storyline since ive never actually did a tabletop session or dnd.  i guess i could add in those caveats though since it would be more exciting if there was more danger..for now i was really just setting a scene. i will add more this week just been working a lot lately so havent come back to this yet. keep giving me tips on how to make it more worth the read really do appreciate it. and im assuming i need to play more the character and let the oracle be the dm?
(06-11-2019, 11:29 PM)darklight Wrote: honestly i kinda ignored the blind part lol. i was really just looking for a job description and saw tracker.

That is fine. You can always ignore something that doesn't work or use a "larger" tool to obtain only a small amount of information. However, for the reader's benefit, I would either not post the unused information or tell the reader what you are disregarding so they aren't left wondering.

If you want some examples from players/writers on this site who do a good of explaining their thought process, I would read some of Jingo's, MrMistoffeleez, or Lana's stories.