Notepad to the far right
(09-10-2013, 10:10 PM)Mark Wrote:
(09-10-2013, 01:37 PM)nanenj Wrote: Wait.

You can snoop?

In case you are not aware, when you put information on any website, they have the ability to read it.

I honestly don't care what you write in the notepad. But if it bothers you then use the notepad built into your computer.

I'm well aware that any site you visit -can- do this. However, it's another thing entirely when it -does- do it. It's not really a bother, just not something I expected. This is a game and it's not like you're going to get any real value out of reading people's solo roleplay data.

Personally, I would have expected most of the saved data to be stored in the client's local storage since most browsers now support that and it would be secure for the person browsing.

Although, I give you kudos for at least being up-front, (IE: If you had some agenda you'd not have been as forward in saying, HAY I CAN SEES YUR SAVED STUFFZ Tongue)

Is there a technical reason you approached it this way or was it just the easiest solution you could find for what you were trying to do and didn't give it much more thought?
Because local browser storage has more risk of being lost/erased while storing it in a database offers longevity. Also, this allows playing at home and at work (on your lunch break, of course) since your notes will always be with your game.

However, if a player needs security for their top-secret game notes then a local document stored on an encrypted disk using AES-Twofish-Serpent cascading encryption is recommended.
(09-10-2013, 11:35 PM)Mark Wrote: Because local browser storage has more risk of being lost/erased while storing it in a database offers longevity. Also, this allows playing at home and at work (on your lunch break, of course) since your notes will always be with your game.

However, if a player needs security for their top-secret game notes then a local document stored on an encrypted disk using AES-Twofish-Serpent cascading encryption is recommended.

Lol, no need to be snarky Smile
(Had to look up snarky. What a funny sounding word.)

Sorry, didn't mean to come off as snarky. Perhaps I should have included a smiley face to indicate hyperbole. Big Grin
Snarky's an incredibly fun word Big Grin

Issok, the internet doesn't carry tone easily.