Classic Fantasy The Broken Kingdom
Video 
This game is played with a modified Fate Condensed ruleset.
I am starting this because I needed a change from my usual genera.  Its also going to be my drafting table for another writing project.  maybe should Rate NC17 because Just in case.  Not planning too much in the way of steamy scenes but the setting I got planned just maybe will happen so we will see.  If it happens I'll change the prefix

First - The PC:

Name: Thomlyn Callister

Aspects
High Concept: Ex Ex Kingdom Employee
Trouble: Everyone Blames Previous Administration
Relat Aspect: Just gotta be the hero dont I
Other Aspect: Trying to keep my head down
Other Aspect: Enchantments are my best friends

Refresh
Adjusted (permanent): 3 (base = 3)

Skills
Superb +5____none
Great +4_____1)_Will
Good +3______1)_Physic / 2)_Lore
Fair +2______1)_Scholarship / 2)_Notice / 3)_Pistol
Average +1___1)_Melee / 2)_Rapport / 3)_HorseRiding / 4)_Investigate

Stunts / Powers
Cost Ability
Free Artificer {Can make enchanted objects and scrolls}

Free Alchemist {Can Make Potions}

Free Enchanted Results {+1 to all rolls when using an enchanted item}

Stress
6 Physical Stress
6 Mental Stress

Consequences
type     p/m stress
mild     any -2
moderate    any -4
severe     any -6
superb mild  N/A -2

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The setting for this world is 16th century Fantasy Anachronistic

And so, we begin:

The Broken Kingdom

It's easy to pinpoint the moment a kingdom falls.  The death of a tyrannical king.  A foreign invasion.  A people’s revolt.  All of those reasons have been named in history as the reason this or that kingdom, empire, or nation fell.  Of course those reasons are identified in history by what happened immediately following those events, which of course makes the job of identifying that moment easy.  But while those reasons are both wide and varied they all do have one thing in common: This or that kingdom, empire, or nation was experiencing a long period of decline in the leadup to the event. 

It's much harder to pinpoint exactly when this or that kingdom, empire, or nation begins to decline.  All that can be said is that the decline was happening, and no one noticed even though it was so obvious.  Obvious in the pages of history that is.

It's obvious to me now that the Kingdom of Egraedicia was in decline.  After all, it's the one thing in common with all the wide and varied reasons a kingdom falls.  And the decline is always obvious in the pages of history.
=============================================================

My name is Thomlyn Callister.  And until recently I was an artificer in the employ of the Ministry of War for the Egraedicia Kingdom’s army.  My specialty was enchanted weapons for the bright shiny new officer graduates of the kingdom academy as well as new knights dubbed by the king and the occasional gift to someone who did some favor for someone sufficiently important.  This position had some nice perks that went along with it.  It paid well, I had something resembling respect given to me for my skills, and I was able to live better than most laborers that lived in the countryside.  It also gave me a front row seat to the string of disasters that is about to render The Granite Castle which has been the seat of power for 220 years into just another fancy house with too many rooms.

I would love to be able to sit back with a few drinks and spin you the tale of what brought this kingdom to this fate.  However, if I’m going to make sure that my head stays firmly on my shoulders I need to *not* be anywhere near here when any one of the dozen or so assorted armies and mobs currently creating havoc all over the place finally comes strolling through the castle gates.  But I hope I can at least salvage my scribal tools and maybe my trusty reference book before that happens.  It’s a tossup whether it’ll be the Savondain Empire or those crazy cultists calling themselves the “Brotherhood of Bronze” who get here first, but it really doesn't matter.  Whether it’s them or someone else, the city of Esarburn is about to become a very unfriendly place for anyone, especially anyone that was involved in Egraedicia’s government.

=============================================================

No need to be misleading here and use a lot of words to try and deceive people here.  I'm running around in near panic just like everyone else in this town.  I'm just going in the opposite direction of everyone else.
Where everyone else was heading out of town into the nearby hills and forests thinking they'll have better luck against wild beasts or monsters than other humans, I ran into the Granite Castle's gates.  The fact there was no one standing guard to stop me should tell you how much the situation here has deteriorated.
They would have let me in once I identified myself but that's beside the point.
On my way in I watched a pair of noblemen draw swords on each other over one of the few carriages left in the stables.  Then a random courtier ran up behind one and stabbed him in the back and shot the other.  A group of scribes and advisors piled into the carriage and the courtier climbed into the driver's seat and cracked the whip to get the horses running.
Yes, it's that bad.
My goal is my workshop.  The tools I collected for myself in this job are rare items of superior quality.  And I want one specific reference book.  And if I can manage to take a bundle or two of the extremely hard to get mithril twigs I pulled so many favors for that would be nice. 
It's not just vanity that has me taking this risk.  I made plans for this moment when the inevitably of it became apparent to me and for any of those plans to work, I needed those tools.  I did plan to start quietly smuggling them out of the castle and stash them away so I could just bolt like everyone else but apparently, I overestimated how much time I had.

So as I rush down the hallways, Im trying to avoid notice from anyone thinking they still have power.  This isnt easy but not hard either.  There is screaming and yelling and all kinds of distractions everywhere.  I ignore all of it and use the distractions as best as I can.
And then I hear some yelling that I find a little harder to ignore.

“Daddy stop!! Please! What are you doing!”
“Why father?  What did I do?”
“DON’T START BEING DIFFICULT NOW!!!!  We have no choice.”
“Yes you do!  You do have a choice!  We can flee!”
“No that will never work!  Think of our families survival!”
“Thats right!  You will help ensure our lives continue and we will be able to negotiate our positions in the new era.”
“And then we can rebuild our lines and recreate our nation anew!”
“No!  You cant truly believe that can you?”
“YOU’RE INSANE!  I BELIEVED IN YOU FATHER!”
“My dears be happy, you are sacrificing your lives in the same way your brothers did.  For the glory of our house!  The Bimarri name will live on!”
“Now stop your struggling AND GET MOVING!!”
*sounds of violent struggling and screaming*

……sounded like the king and his daughter.
………
……and Lord Vimmitele, his biggest fanboy, and his daughter as well.
………
…………not my problem…not my problem…not my problem I need to worry about myself.
……!!
I duck into the shadows under one of the fallen tapestries in an alcove as the footsteps get closer.
King Bimarri and his fanboy are dragging their chained and … beaten…and umm, mostly stripped daughters down the hallway.  The crazed look in their bloodshot eyes proved to me I was right all along. They were inhaling Lagwurm  extract all this time. 

Their daughters continued to cry and struggle against the chains while their drug crazed fathers dragged them along.

… … … … … I need to get to my workshop … … … I need to worry about my own skin… … those coddled girls never cared about us lower ranks, why should I care about them … … yea.  That makes sense.  Let’s go with that.

=================================
Game Start

Does anyone else come into the hallway?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No

Off to the races.

My workshop is located in the North wing second floor. do I need to pass anything of importance on the way to the stairs?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes

What?

Shipyards

Or in this case:  Office of the Admiralty.  I just need to sneak past.

Judged to need Fair result:

2 = +0 +1 +0 +1 0

Dude.  Why havent you been rolling like that in my other genera?
Oh right, you do... for the opponent forces.

Snuck by and up the stairs.
Anyone running down?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

What
The
Actual
Fuck?

Why is there a fire in the hallway?

Its made of stone!  Stone dont burn!

Oh.  Some Fire Elemental Evocatures.  This is magical fire.  Some more panicked fighting amongst ourselves I guess.  Now I need to find something get through the fire.

Well nothing in the stairwell.  Go up one more floor?  Only option I guess.
Peek into the hallway on the third floor.  Anyone there?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but... +Event: Change / Environment

Suddenly a loud screech and a boom.
Then another.
Look out the window
Roc Riders!  Advance recon for the Savondain Empire.  And?  Wha? Oh great! theres an airship too.  With the banner of the Brotherhood of Bronze, of course there is. 
How'd they even get... Never mind, not worth asking, in this chaos they probably just found it somewhere.  The Roc Riders keep firing arrows and fire bolts at the airship and the airship is haphazardly firing a ballistae and ... is that a
BOOM!
OH SHI!
gotta dive for cover quick!

0 = +0 -1 +0 +1 0

mediocre
Not good enough.
Spend Fate Point:  Aspect trying to keep head down

+2 to make it fair.  Lets see if thats good enough:

2 = +0 +1 +0 +1 0

Well I always let ties go to the player so...
I dive out of the way and behind the archway.  The Magework Gun bolt smashes through the window and breaks a hole in the floor.
I take another look out the window.  The roc/airship fight is still going on.  My money is on the riders from the empire.  The brotherhood got the better weapons (Somehow??) but they suck at using them.  But more importantly.  The hole in the floor is past the fire on the second floor.  So I carefully lower myself down and Finally get to my workshop door.

I enchanted the door long ago so the inside is completely untouched by the madness swirling outside.  Looking around I sigh deeply as I consider how much I am going to have to leave behind.  If things had gone according to plan I would have smuggled over half of it out before going on the run.  But now I’d have to make due with what I can carry.  So I parse down the bare minimum I need to perform my work:

1-Runic Caligraphy Kit (custom made - I had to help that Vimmitele asshole cover up 2 indiscretions with *male* servants to acquire this one)

2-Mini Rock Hammer & Chisel Set (also custom made - I had to do 4 special enchantments for free to have it made by a smithy)

3-Kyphaven’s Complete Alchemical Reference Guide (this damn thing cost 8 months wages from the printing press)

4-2 bundles of Mithril Twigs (used for very high level enchantments.  it takes 2 years per bundle to produce in a thaumaturgical lab.  Only reason I have them at all is they were provided by the kingdom military)

5-Enchanted Sword (gonna need a weapon.  This was supposed to go to some nobleman’s son to commemorate his first command.  “Critical Outpost” they called it.  It was a tollbooth on the Sunny Reach Creek bridge.  They never knew what hit them when the Magework guns blew it up.)

The enchantment on the sword isn’t anything too extravagant.  In addition to making the blade lighter than a standard sword, it creates a blurred afterimage that can confuse opponents and give you an edge in combat.  And honestly, though I have practiced swordsmanship as part of my work, I need all the help I can get in a real fight.

I place these exceptionally hard to get items in a backpack, take one last mournful look at what gets left behind, and carefully ease back out into the hallway.

I'm on my way out when I start hearing more rumbles outside.  Looking out an arrow slit I see the airship fight still going on but now there are multiple columns of smoke rising from the Lower East Side of the city.  Things are getting much worse much fast.

I start running down the stairs skipping steps on my way, almost falling twice.  Im almost out the door to the main hallway when from the other stairway leading down to the dungeons I hear:

“AAAAAAHHHHhhhgh huh hu pl ples ..”
“SHUT UP! ITS YOUR DUTY TO SACRIFICE YOURSELVES FOR THE KINGDOM!”

… … No Thomlyn, we already had this discussion… … …

… thats right one foot in front of the other …
… …
“Waah! *cough cough* I wan(hic) I want (hic) I want my mommy!”

……
………
…………
……………*sigh*
*slow deep inhaled breath*
*hold for 3 seconds*

FFFFFFF    U              U            CCCC          K      K      !!!! 
F                U              U          C            C      K      K        !!!! 
F                U              U        C                      K  K          !!!!
FFFFF        U              U        C                      K K            !!!!
F                  U            U          C                      K  K          !!!!
F                    U        U              C          C      K      K           
F                        UUU                  CCCC        K        K    !!!!

Well, it’s not *Technically* regicide if the country don't even exist anymore right?

And like the damn fool I am, I head down to the dungeons instead of out to the courtyard.

Pack over the shoulder and sword in hand I descend the stairs.  This is probably the second stupidest thing I ever did in my life.  I dont wanna do this, but for some reason I cant stop myself.
Call it a compel on the Just gotta be the hero aspect: +1 FP

I think of turning around but in the end I cant.  The unhinged ranting of the men is sickening to me.  And the girls crying crushes my heart.  And my logical side knows that there is no happy ending to be found here.  If I had a month to work I *might* be able to get everyone out of this alive.  I probably have a minute at best.  The Brotherhood and the Empire are both already here.  And there are all those other factions running roughshod over the countryside that are all converging right here.  If I dont solve this fast.  None of us leave.
I have no idea how I'm even gonna try to convince the girls ... (Girls, yea right.  A honest to gods princess and a countess' heir.)  Anyway how am I gonna convince them to leave with me after I kill their fathers?  Yea their fathers just betrayed and terrified both of them, but you know, family makes for things to be complicated.

When I get to the bottom level, I'm momentarily struck stupid by the sight I see.  The king and the count have chained their daughters, clothing in tatters barely hanging on, and obviously severely beaten, to a table and are fastening shackles to their wrists and ankles and collars around their necks.  Ranting nonsense in crazed voices.

"You are both so beautiful they wont have any choice but to be grateful!" 
"This is how you shall serve your king one last time." 
"Why cant you understand?" 
"This is all for the greater good!"

"Oh for Vymir's sake shut the fuck up you druged up, smoke touched, abusive, frog lickers!"  Under normal circumstances that insult would have been instant death for me from 30 or so guards and/or evocatuers.  In this circumstance the result is different.

The king and count both looked at me in red blurry eyed indignation.
"HOW DARE YOU!!!  YOU KNOW WHO I AM"
"GUARDS!! KILL HIM AT ONCE!! GUARDS!!"

The princess and countess heir both yelped pitifully and averted their eyes in shame and humiliation.  Shamefully the sight aroused me for a moment.  To cope I transformed the shame into rage.

"Hear Ye! Hear Ye! All the guards are dead or fled you avatars of wisdom!"

Count Vimmitele drew his sword while the ming maniacly kept calling for the guards.
"Stand and deliver you worthless hedge-born, muck-spout, cumberworld!"
"Im surprised you can string that many words together in your condition!"

He charged straight at me

Ive seen Lord V fight in sparing matches and duels.  He was good.  But in his current state, he's mediocre at best

V:

-1 = +0 +0 +0 -1 0

me:

-1 = +0 -1 +0 +0 0

Im average with a sword so the -1 +1 cancels out.  Stunt gives me a +1 with enchanted weapons.

now my counterattack

2 = +0 -1 +1 +0 +2

V:

0 = -1 +1 +1 -1 0

sword is a +2 weapon with a +1 to hit from the enchantment plus my +1 stunt

give him 2 stress and a moderate consequence: Swept the Leg

His daughter, Lucette Vimmitele cryed out "DADDY!"
fuck i hate my life right now

The king just kept ranting for the guards

V:

1 = +1 +0 +0 +0 0

me:

2 = +1 -1 -1 +1 +2

King charges at me flailing wildly:

-2 = -1 +1 -1 -1 0

I attack king as he dives past me

3 = -1 +1 +0 +0 +3

mod cons: Backslash -1 stress
Princess Morigan cryed out "FATHER! nooo" then just shut her eyes and cryed
Girls, you can hate me after we escape

I start next round:
Attack V
free first tag conseq for +1 / +1 enchanted stunt / +1 enchantment / +1 skill

5 = +1 +0 +0 +0 +4

+2 stress weapon

7 total stress

Severe conseq: got the arm -1 stress

V:

1 = +1 +0 +0 +0 0

me:

4 = +1 -1 +1 +0 +3

King with something he picked up off floor:
-1 for improvised weapon

-1 = -1 +1 +1 -1 -1

mediocre misses

King again -1

2 = +1 +1 +0 +1 -1

I'll take 2 stress

V:

-2 = -1 -1 +1 -1 0

Me defend

1 = +0 +1 +0 +0 0

Me at V again:
Tag severe conseq +1 / +1 stunt / +1 to hit sword / +1 skill

6 = +1 +0 +0 +1 +4

V def:

1 = +0 +1 -1 +1 0

8 stress

3 remaining stress mild conseq slot not enough,
I run him through  And Lucette Screams "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO daddy..... mommy"
Seeing her cry like that breaks my heart.  Ive been calling them girls.  Theyre both above marrying age.  But this situation has probably broken them both beyond repair.

Me at the King

3 = -1 +0 -1 +1 +4

king def:

0 = +1 +0 +1 -1 -1

5 stress : severe conseq Face Slash

King swings wildly:

-1 = +1 +1 -1 -1 -1

me def:

2 = +0 +1 -1 +0 +2

king again

-2 = -1 +0 +0 +0 -1

me def automatically

me at king:

5 = -1 +0 +1 +1 +4

king def:

-1 = +0 -1 +0 +1 -1

8 stress.  The king is dead.  Long live the king

Morigan and lucette are near inconsoleable  I look for a key to free them from chains

4 = +1 -1 +1 +1 +2

I find and release them from the tables.  They dont even move.  Theyre looking pathetic.
Lucette cant find her voice, Morigan hugs her, she is more composed "are you going to kill us too?"
"What?  No! I was here to... Well..."  yea, to rescue you.  and kill your fathers

"Look we, you cant stay here.  Both the Empire and Brotherhood are in the city!  We Gotta go!"

Rapport:

3 = +0 +1 +1 +0 +1

her numbness:

-1 = -1 -1 +1 +0 0

"Can you remove these fucking things?"

Hearing the princess swear makes me pause for a moment.  I start looking at the shackles and collars.  And shit.  Theyre Slaver collars.  Enchanted to only be removed by a special command that is inscribed on the inside of the collar.  The slaver usually knows it when he puts it on but without knowing the word its almost impossible.
As an artificer I can undo the magic in the collars, but it will take time.
Time we dont have.  I explain this to morigan.
Im starting to panic again

"Listen, I did my best with a horrific situation to save you from being handed over to gods know what fate.  I know youve been through the deep darks, But we need to go now!  So Please start moving, So I dont have to choose between leaving you and dying here with you"

Morigan looks at her father.  then at me.  then at lucette.
"Lucy, we cant stay we need to go.  Can you move?"

lucette willpower roll

-1 = +1 -1 +0 -1 0

"Please Lucy, if we die here, they died for nothing..."

Morigan is framing this in a real harshly but it makes sense in a twisted way  hopefully it works

0 = +0 +0 +1 -1 0

Lucette gets up.  Morigan keeps encouraging her.  Hugging her, Holding and guiding her.  And we go

Game pause
non milestone break
reset stress
reset refresh

As we climb up the stairs, I can hear the chaos getting closer.  The chains on the slave collars shackled to the girls' ankles and wrists hinders their movement.  I'm struggling to figure out how I'm going to sneak them through the town like this when Morigan speaks up.

"We should head back to the Throne room."
"What? Are you cracked? Thats all the way back in the middle of the castle, the exit and courtyard are right here! Leaving should be our priority before lots of unfriendly people start coming through the front gates!"
"We're never going to make any escape chained up like this.”
"I know. But it will take me quite a while to figure out how to get those things off you and I'd rather do that somewhere less conspicuous than the castle."
“We can barely walk let alone run! And Forget fighting!"
"I agree that's why.."
"Just stop and listen to me!”  She took a breath.  “When fath... When the king finally snapped he and Count started ripping things off us”
“Yes I can see that.”
“Me and Lucy thought we were going to be told to flee, so we collected some things and were carrying them in our clothes.”
“Okayyy.”
“They might be useful.”
“Even assuming you’re right the time we have!”
“The front gate is not the only way out of the castle!”
“… … Let’s go to the throne room, and I hope you had some good stuff.”
“It’ll be better than what we have.”

The castle has almost completely emptied out now.  There's no one left to interfere with us as we hobble as fast as possible to the throne room.  Fortunately everything was left where it fell. (-1FP)
I look over whats there and she was right.  It was better than what they had, which was nothing.
There are matching sets of enchanted daggers and magework pistols.  Both sets made by yours truly as coming of age birthday presents.  Morigan and Lucette were always inseparable friends who shared everything, including a birthday.
The daggers I made had an enchantment that allowed the user to make a blinding attack once.  The magic would need to recharge afterwards but fortunately it could do that just by sitting in the sun.
And magework pistols were always good to have.  They were slow to load, but the wild variety in the ammo types it could fire was a real equalizer in any fight.

As a bonus there was a small pouch of gold coins.  Just a few coins stamped as Egraedician coinage, but gold is never refused as payment.

"Ok you were right, this was worth it.  Now about the exit?

"This way."

The exit was expertly hidden just on the other side of the archway leading to the North Hallway. Once the rune was activated the door opened, and once through another rune closed the door and cast a disenchantment on the door so it could not be opened again.

There were small slits in the wall that let a small amount of light in so we could see our way as we followed the long passageway and several flights of stairs down to what looked like the exit.

"Before we all come stumbling out of some alley on the other side of town I'd like to take a look around first."

Morrigan just looked at me. Then looked at Lucette, who was looking slightly better but was still distraught.

"I'll be back, I just want to scout the immediate area and see if there's a place I can work on those chains."

Finally she nodded at me and I got up to leave the passageway but then I paused. 

"You are a much stronger and braver woman than I thought you would be Your Highness."  I'm not sure why but I felt the need to say that at that moment. "The Queen should be proud of you."
Princess Morigan gave me a bitter smile.  "I'm sure she was, and the Countess Vimmitele was proud of Lucette." 

At the last moment I stopped myself from asking why they were speaking in the past tense when I realized I did not want to hear the answer.

[[[[[[[[[[
Ok so here we are.  The secret passage exits in a suitably inconspicuous drainage canal in the lower south side of the city.

It was easy to get up the bank to street level and I was able to get me bearings.  I was in the SE quadrant of the city.  This section tended to be a working class district.  The river docks to the SW providing access to resources and labor or emplyment if needed.  It was a decent enough area.  Or it used to be. 

I could see that it was completely falling apart now.  People were running toward the docks hoping to secure passage to anywhere but here.  fighting was everywhere between everyone.  Here were some thigs fighting some craftsman.  There a soldier, probably recently deserted, fighting some shop owner.  City guards fighting each other.  Buildings were damaged and I could see smoke from fires scattered here and there.  When kingdoms fall, it's the people who suffer.  Not the ones at fault.  I thought about just going back down to the passageway but that wouldnt help anything.  I needed a space to work to remove those damn slave shackles.  Somewhere hidden and easily secured with space for me to analyze and undo the enchantments.  The passageway would not work for that.Having left the backpack with the stuff I didnt wat to risk losing with the girls I took only the sword and started looking around for a space that would work.

There was a loud (KrummPABLAAAM BOOOOOM!!) from above and I involuntarily looked up.  That fight between the roc riders and the airship was over.  The airship lost and was now crashing down onto the city below.  It was going to come down somewhere to the west of me but there was still a huge amount of falling debris. 

Doge the falling stuff:
Athletics at mediocre:

-1 = -1 +1 -1 +0 0

Look here this is the definition of trying to keep my head down.  Aspect tap (-1 FP)

2 = +1 +1 +0 +0 0

Better

Some zig zagging around and a last minute dive as a sail boom smashed down behind me killing some poor sot that didn't dive fast enough.
Unfortunately my dive put me right in the middle of a brawl.  No idea what the sides are, or what its about.  But I got in this thug's way and that was enough for him.  He takes a swing at me with a knife.
Another doge roll:

3 = +1 +1 +1 +0 0

Thats a deft doge.  Im proud of it.  Draw sword and return the favor:

+1 melee skill / +1 enchanted stunt / +1 enchantment to sword

7 = +1 +1 +1 +1 +3

OK then.  His defend:
give him a +2skill in melee.  I think this guy fights with a knife alot.

0 = -1 +0 +0 -1 +2

oh dude nice.  +2 damage from the sword itself for 9 stress

So he'll get mild conseq "Knocked around" and severe conseq "spilling blood like its beer"

-1 stress point too

Thg:

3 = +0 +1 +1 -1 +2

mydef:

0 = +0 -1 -1 +0 +2

me:
Tag both consq

4 = -1 +1 -1 +0 +5

thg

1 = +1 +0 -1 -1 +2

mod conseq "slice across the wrist" and -1 stress

thg and my def:

1 = +0 +0 +0 -1 +2

2 = +0 +1 -1 +0 +2

yay!

Me tag mod consq n thg def:

4 = -1 -1 +1 +1 +4

3 = +0 +1 +1 -1 +2

-3stress

thg n me def:

2 = +1 -1 -1 +1 +2

4 = +1 +1 +0 +0 +2

yay again

me n thg def

2 = +1 -1 +0 -1 +3

3 = +1 -1 +0 +1 +2

thg n me def:

3 = +1 +1 -1 +0 +2

1 = +0 -1 -1 +1 +2

tag his consq (-1fp):

me n thg def:

2 = +0 +0 -1 +0 +3

1 = -1 +0 +0 +0 +2

fuker only 3 stress hit

3 = +0 +0 +1 +0 +2

2 = +0 +0 +0 +0 +2

2 stress to me

3 = -1 +1 +0 +0 +3

2 = -1 +0 +1 +0 +2

final fukin lee

he drops to the ground bleeding and not moving.  The brawl is not slowing down.  Thy and doge my way out of the fight:

-1 = -1 +0 -1 +1 0

nuther attack:

0 = -1 +1 +0 -1 +1

me def:

2 = -1 +1 +0 +0 +2

can I duck out of fight?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 1[d10]) No, and...

Great now its 2 on 1 with me as the 1

Just try and evade(two atacks and 2 evades):

4 = +1 +1 +0 +1 +1

2 = -1 -1 +1 +1 +2

3 = +0 +1 +1 +1 0

0 = +1 -1 +1 -1 0

that all ads up to a moderate conseq: badly beat up

can I duck THIS time?

This time due to scuttling into a shop stall I use scattered stuff to weave around and toss in their way
Thisll give me a +2 to my evasive

0 = +0 -1 -1 +1 +1

1 = +0 -1 +1 -1 +2

3 = -1 +0 +1 +1 +2

1 = -1 +1 +0 -1 +2

2 attacks followed by 2 evasives

CAN I DUCK OUT NOW???

(Somewhat Likely | 7[d10]) Yes

I reach up and pull down some shelves that falls on the guys trying to figt me  I just split

That was annoying. Now where am I?  2 blocks west and one south of the drain exit.  There was a mix of warehouses and businesses here.  The airship had crashed just one more block west.  That might be why there were fewer people here at the moment.  That will change soon, as the more greedy decide its safe to start looting the wreck.  Might be worth trying for myself.  But I also need to get back to the girls.  Damnit.

Gonna roll notice:

0 = -1 -1 +1 -1 +2

Still need to find a hideout too.  So I'll risk heading in the direction of the wreck.

Lets let the dice filter if I find anything

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No

Well thats no fun. 
I made it to the wreck.  Can i get in?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No

Gyaaa FINE! Fuck you too.
So I gotta look at the nearby buildings.  Does anything catch my eye?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes

Ok what?

Looted clinic

An apothecary shop?  Ok Ill head in there.

The door is off the hinges, But I can get inside.  Its been ransacked already but since I am an alchemist I might be able to use something here that a random looter couldnt.

Search

2 = -1 +1 +0 +0 +2

ok I find:

Poison

Thats useful.  Not only for the obvious, but depending on what kind it can be used in various potions.

With a 2 I find something else useful

Leather armor

YES! after getting my ass kicked this is helpful

I put on the leather armor.  {blocks 1 moderate conseq}

ok nothing else I guess.  anything in back room?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No

why am i not surprised?

ok then at least will this work for unshackling the girls?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 8[d10]) Yes +Event: Inform / Legal matters

Ok Surprising  How to handle this?

So I found a place that I can use.  Close to the crash site which I dont like but I can work with it.  IF I can get them here.  Not too far but while theyre shackled I dont know.  Fighting of various sorts is still happening everywhere.  Crouds of panicked people ebb and flow randomly.  I Hope I can get them here.  I gotta get back to them first.  How does that go?  Do I see an obvious direction back with no people?

First the odds:

18 = 18[d100]

Fuck it the crouds must be getting here for the looting of the crash.  Can I sneak without getting notinced?

0 = -1 +0 +0 +1 0

So no.  if I stay away from them do they stay away from me?

(Likely | 8[d10]) Yes

Ok then Looters what to Loot not get in fight.  I follow the same route back because the alternate way is blocked by a fire and a building collapse.  and get back to the general area.  I dont want to be observed.  so I will try to find a moment when the coast is clear.  then drop back to the drain canal.  I Knock on the passage exit and announce myself.  do I get a response?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes

Ok so I am let back in.

Lucette is sleeping.  Morigan is watching me.  Suspicious of me.  And protective of Lucette.  Well, ok, good.  All reasonable and appropriate.

"I found a place that will work.  We can button up and lay low in there while I get those things off you."
"How far?"
"Further than I hoped but closer than I was afraid of.  It will be dangerous though.  Its devolved to almost complete panic and chaos out there.  I'm debating waiting till dark."
"So what do you think?  Your highness?"
"You trying to be funny?"
"No.  You've just shown me that you deserve the respect that title was supposed to give you.  Unlike others with titles of respect in this land."
"Sorry, That was ... well,"
...She looks at Lucette, who is still sleeping, tear streams clearly visible in a dirt smudge that got on her cheek.  "Lucy's been through a lot, we'll let her sleep.  Then try to go under cover of night."
"Alright.  We wait for dark."

Its late afternoon. Time passes.  Its sundown.
Morrigan speaks:

"Why cant you do it now?"
"Do what? the chains?"
"Yes.  I mean we're here now.  No one has bothered us, pretty hidden.  Its exactly what we need.  Why do we need to go anywhere?"
"Lay down, hold your arms and legs up and out and spread out as far as you can."
"YOU FUCKING PERV!"  she pulls the dagger.
"I need the chains spread out as much as possible so I can read the enchantment runes and flow of magic.  I cant do it with the chains bunched up.  So Go Ahead and lie down like i said."

she scowls at me then slowly does so.  "Dont you dare try anything."
"Only thing I'm gonna try is to show you why this wont work here."

I get my tools and start attaching them to the chains and shackles/collar.  The magic starts flowing and the rune curcle starts to form.  As it expands, it disappears into the walls of the passageway.

"Thats why.  I cant affect the rune circls when its behind a wall."  I remove the tools and the rune circle vanishes.

She looks at the walls, then at me.  then the chains.  "Oh."

Time passes, it gets darker.

"Thanks."
"For what?"
"For rescuing us."
"You're welcome.  And I'm sorry.  For, well, everything."
"Me too."
"What are you sorry for?"
"I couldn't stop it.  I didn't stop him.  I knew he was using the lagwurm extract.  But I kept thinking it was..  He Would.... He (Hic)"  She starts choking on her attempts to not cry.
"Its not your fault.  Its his Healer's fault for telling him to take the stuff in the first place."
I let her cry for a little while.

and it gets darker out.  And somewhat quieter.  Its time to make the try for the apothecary.

"Come on.  Wake Lucette, We just need to go west two blocks and south one.  Its not that far.  It sounds like things have either quieted down or at least moved away from here."

And after rousing Lucette, who is not exactly better but not as bad thanks to the sleep.  I get my backpack, the girls grab their pistols and daggers, and we head out into the dark.

Mid Milestone Break
reset stress
reset refresh
Consequenses stay in place
Switch Skills:
Melee goes to +2
Scholarship Goes to +1

Start next round

So climbing out of the drainage canal (they called it a canal but its really just a glorified rainwater spill ditch that was paved so the road didnt start eroding into the drain)
The girls have difficulty because of the chains.  Their movement is hindered by a -2 modifier to almost everything.
lets see how good they get out of the ditch:
Morrigan then Lucette:

5 = +1 +0 +1 +1 +2

morigan is good.

1 = +0 +0 +1 +0 0

lusette dtumbles a bit but not terribly.  we're up on the road:

We stick to the shadows as best we can and moke our way down.1 block
does anything come up on the second block?

We creep along quietly and freeze when a gang of 5 heavily armed soldiers wearing Savondain Empire regalia. 
"Well that aint good"
"What now?"
"No choice.  We keep going."

I peer around the corner.  The soldiers are running towards something down the block.  but is there anything else other than them in the street?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 3[d10]) No

we keep making our way.
nearing the end of the block sounds are getting louder.  We peer around the corner and see there is a fight.
Savondainians are fighting the brotherhood.  apparently over the wreckage of the crashed airship.
This is good and bad.  They will be distracted by their own fight but we will have to get by them to get to the apothecary

There is debris we can hide behind along the way.  so lets see if we can make it to the first debris screen:

-1 = -1 +0 +0 +0 0

2 = +1 +1 +0 +0 0

1 = +1 -1 +0 +1 0

Im gonna fate my roll (-1fp) tryin to keep my head down

The fight is getting intense.  One of the brotherhood fanatics is preparing evocations this is gonna suck.
He launches his attack:

1 = +1 +0 +1 -1 0

A small tornado appears in front of him and takes off up the street.  Its pretty indiscriminate as both brotherhood and savondainians dive out of the way.  Some are hit though and get knocked around pretty bad.  How likely is it to hit us:

9 = 9[d20]

so essentially 50/50

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No

It looks close and im ready to help the girls bolt but it veers off to the side and hits a building.  does only minor damage but gives us another screen to head for.

3 = +0 +1 +1 +1 0

0 = +1 -1 +0 +0 0

0 = +0 +0 +1 -1 0

well we get there.  Some stumbling by the girls but nothing that attracts attention.  we're almost there.  the fighting is pretty close but since the tornado cleared a path the brotherhood is running for the crashed ship.  The imperials are wanting to stop them pretty bad.so lets take the shot.  One last push:

1 = +0 +1 +1 -1 0

1 = +1 +1 -1 +0 0

0 = +0 +0 +0 +0 0

OH we made it.  lucette again almost stumbles but I manage to help keep her upright long enough to get through the door.
Now the big question:
Is the place still empty?

13 = 13[d20]

Apparently likely is still empty:

(Likely | 7[d10]) Yes

Is empty.  Yay.
I lead them to the storage room and begin to set up the barricade
the girls offer to help.  and I let them.
while we work.  we start to talk

Lucette starts:
"Sorry I couldn't hold it together."
I'm so shook by that statement I almost drop the big wallboard I found.  "You don't need to apologize for that.  I'm not sure I could've handled it any better than you did."
"I didn't help any.  Not like Mori did.  She at least remembered our weapons and secret exit."
"Thats cause I just watched a fight and I grew up looking at that exit."  Morigan tries to comfort her friend.
'I know but, still I could have at least done something that simple.  Maybe think of something else to help."  Lucette said morosely.  "You've held together so great while all I did was cryand let myself be cragged along.  I wish I was strong like you.  Where do you get it?"
"My mother.  Father was always ... strict.  Even before the lagwurm.  She taught me how to keep my guard up and to keep on task.  It kept father pacified to see us being productive and disciplined.  It sucked."
"I miss my mommy."  Said Lucette, clearly working to not cry again.
"Me too."  Morigan answered.
And I very nonchalantly kept building up the barricade while making the front-end look like the celling had collapsed and there was nothing back here.  And very pointedly not listening nor asking the obvious questions.  I wasnt sure my heart could take the answers.

"Well the faster we get started the faster we can get outs here and maybe find someplace actually safe."
"Look I get it, you dont trust me and have no reason to.  But if you want those chains off you youre gonna have to try.  Besides, you came with me this far didn't you?"
"So who's first?"
"I dont much care."
"Lucette goes first."
"Ok I guess."

I explain what she needs to do, and we set up a few buckets and chairs and other things found lying around to act as something she can rest her elbows and feet on so she can hold in place while I work on the enchantments.
I get my tools and attach them to the points I need to on the shackles and chains causing the Rune Curcle to appear.  Then I get to work:
Lore to read runes:

4 = +1 +0 -1 +1 +3

Great result.  Literally.  I begin to shape the runes and focus on what im doing. 
Will is great, plus 1 extra success on the Lore roll is a Superb result.  It takes time.  She is glad for the resting surfaces we found her.  But the shackles unlock and fall off.

4 = 4[d4]

Lucette reveals she is a Sun Evocature when she casts a healing evocation on me. = justification to remove consequenses.
Took 4 whole hours.  we are all hungry and thirsty by now.
Lucette speaks up surprising the hell out of me.  "Get started on Mori, I'll find some water."
Morigan is not happy with this idea.  "Lucy no! Its too dangerous by yourself!"
"I agree with Her Highness."  I say.  "Where would you even look and what if one of those roaming bands find you?"
"There are fountains I can fill one of these bottles with all over the place."  Lucette is insistent.
"I refer you to the roving bands."  I reply.  "Look at that fight we crossed just to get here as an example."
Lucette is packing a few stoppered bottles from a storage shelf in a bag.  "I'll stick to side streets and alleyways."
"Thats exactly where the brigands and ruffians will be hiding!"  Morigan insists.
"I cant keep doing nothing but getting drug along and crying."  Lucette answered.  "I need to start helping."
"And you will,"  Morigan insisted again.  "Its unpleasant but it will be safer if we all go so we can wathc each other's backs.  Trust me."
Morrigan Provoke / Lucette opposed with Rappourt.

2 = -1 +1 +1 -1 +2

4 = +1 +0 +1 +1 +1

"Besides, you are already helping."  I decided to pipe in.  "You used an evocation to heal my wounds."
Lucette looks at both of us.  "I have a whole other school of Evocation at my disposal and I'm pretty resourceful.  I can do this.  You get those chains off her and I'll be back."
"Ok."  I say.  "I'll get started but first, how are you even getting outa here?"
Lucette points up.  There is a hole in the roof.  Probably falling debris fro the airship again.  "I spent four hours looking at that and thinking about this.  I know I can do this."
I look at her confused and Morigan sighs in defeat.  "Please be careful."  And then hugs her friend.
"I will."  Lucette hugs her back.
And I am left wondering how TF she is gonna get up there in the first place. 
Thats when she stands on a thick flat piece of wood and begins another evocation.  The board starts glowing with a purplish haze and starts lifting her into the air.
"Holy shit!  Not only the Sun but you're an Evocature of the Moon too?"  I exclaim.  "Well damn maybe she *can* pull this off."

Ok so let let her do her thing and get these chains off Mori; Get tools and open the Rune Curcle:

4 = +1 +0 +1 -1 +3

Great result again.  So we do the thing like last time and lets see if Lucette gets back safe:

There were water sources for the public all over the city so thats not the issue.  Does she run into trouble is the problem:

Well Obviously yes.

What interferes?

Voodoo priest

There is a Bronze Priest doing something to the water well.  Some ritual of some kind.  No idea what its about but she cant let this happen.  Besides it took too long just to go not too far to find this well.  She must deal with this guy somehow.

2 = 2[d4]

4 = 4[d6]

So this happens 4 streets to the east.

There was some more disaster between there and here.  Sounded like someone was breaking into someone else's home while they were still there.  A fight was breaking out.  She thought of interfering but decided not to.  "The mission comes first" is what she was thinking.
Now this priest.  No avoiding it.  So what to do.  Start with a Evocation attack?  sounds good to me.  Theres stuff everywhere right now.  What to use?

Vibro-axe

A magic axe just lying around in the street?  Yea makes sense in this environment.  The moon lifts the axe and forces it to do her will.  Its silent so will be a surprise attack.

4 = +0 -1 +1 +1 +3

Damn Thats awesome.  Beat the necessary good.  Will of 4 / plus extra shift of success with the roll itself equals superb. 
Chopped right in the middle of the back.  Thats gonna hit him with a severe consequence to start off = Axe in my back
Now first round Lucette goes first as the aggressor:
Find another thing to attack with moon

Bucket

Ok a bucket
Call the axe in the back for a +2

3 = -1 +1 -1 -1 +5

Give priest a +1 to doge

2 = +1 -1 +0 +1 +1

1 success +4 will damage for 5 stress

Moderate consequence = Buckethead

Priest evocate Earth - stone fist Lucette to doge

5 = +0 +1 +1 -1 +4

2 = -1 +1 +0 -1 +3

thats 7 stress guddamn.  Spend fate point to call axe again.  for +2 drops to 5 stress so Mod consq and 1 stress.

Lucette spend another FP to call axe again / call buckethead / evo attack again

Belt

Ok a belt or something of the sort

6 = +0 +1 -1 -1 +7

thats 7 stress Priest is taken out.  She wraps the belt around his neck and strangles him unconscious.  Hes also bleeding out from axe but thats another matter.
She looks at the ritual.  Was some thaumaturgical process that was interrupted by the axe so no ill effect.  She fills the bottles and returns the way she came.
Along the way she hears bad things happening in the breakin house.
Call out the trouble for +1 fp she gotta prove herself now.  She looks in and sees bad guys cornered young girl about to do bad things.  the parents are on the ground but bad guys are standing or semi standing over everyone.  Make a big evocation and throw the table into all of them.

3 = +0 +1 +0 -1 +3

She does it.  This is a big heavy table too.  It lands on top of all bad guys and she pulls gun and yells "stay down!"  and to the rest "Get going!"  Mom recovers first, and gets both dad and girl up and they run.  Dad pauses to stick a knife in the dick of the one that was about to do the thing and continues running.  Lucette is shocked and stutters for a moment this gives one bad the chance to start climbing up
She shoots the magework pistol

2 = +0 +1 +0 +0 +1

-1 = +0 +0 +0 -1 0

He gets shot in the chest.  Thats enough to start running herself.  The family shouts a thanks and she just nods and says just keep running.  Staying here is bad.  Dad says I know a place.  Offers to bring her along.  but lucette thinks of Mori and says "I need to get back to my own family.  Or at least the only one I got left."
They understand and they part ways.  The last evocation to get up to roof and down to Mori and the thom who killed daddy

When Lucette gently floats down through the hole in the roof on the wooden plank she used to get out in the first place, I realize I'd been holding my breath for the last 2 hours.  Morigan is even more relieved than I am (obviously).
"Lucy! Thank the pantheon you're back safe."  Is that a tear I see in her eye?  No it is not!  I see no such thing!

"Told you I could do it."  Lucette, justifiably proud, sets the bottles of water on a countertop.  She unstoppers one and brings it to Morigan who I still have holding still so I can work on the Curcle.  "Here, let *me* help *you* for once."  and carefully helps Morigan drink her fill.  She quickly guzzles nearly the whole bottle then exclaims, "Oh by Iius that's good!  Thanks lucy."

Lucette smiles at her, and then once sure Morigan has had enough for now, she gets another bottle and hands it to me.  I gratefully accept and unstop and guzzle a whole bottle just as quickly as Morigan.  "Thank you, Lady Vimmitele."
She just nods and goes back to sit near Morigan again.

"Oh for sards sake!”  Morrigan exclaimed in an exasperated tone.  “Why don't you sard off the sarding honorifics already?  It's not like my cunny is ever gonna be the furry-rod sucking queen now!  And it doesn't look like Lucy's ever gonna get to be a furry-rod riding countess any time soon either!" 

I was so surprised by Morigan's sudden and very liberal use of six swear words in four sentences I dropped my tools.

"MORIGAN!"  Lucette cried in apparent dismay.  "That is not how a proper lady speaks.  My ears have never been so maligned!"
"HAHAHA!! You can lick both my upper and lower pink parts!"  Morigan laughed.  "I remember every one of your little narrations at the monthly prose recitals we attended with the other noble ladies." 

I coughed and tried to focus on my work.

"Oh?  Really?"  Lucette asked mirthfully.  "Well first, your ‘pink parts’ are more of a rust red than pink.  I know because I’ve seen them when we've gone swimming.  Second, I had written quite a significant number of those narrations and I don't think you could remember them all if you tried."

I nearly ruined my runic script when my hand slipped.

“Ok, Its a bet.”  Morrigan replied.  "There was "Teasing Ewann the Servant Boy", "Pieran the Shepherd Boy's Oaken Staff", "Riding With-Then-On Filiz the Stableboy", "Ewann the Servant Boy Gets Revenge", "Stacked in the Stacks by Laouig the Librarian's Apprentice", "Uncle Gwalon's Evocature Fingers", "Ewann the Servant Boy Get His Deserts", and my personal favorite …"
She paused and they both looked me dead in the eyes and together they said, "Dueling With Thomlyn's Enchanted Sword".

I choked on the air in my lungs and dropped my tools again.

"You know to be fair," Lucette said thoughtfully, "Thomlyn's Enchanted Sword" was over two thirds your work Morigan.  I was just a coauthor."
“True,”  Morrigan admitted.  “But you were so much better at reciting than I was, so you got credit for it at the meeting.”

I am pretty sure I was having chest pains, and my arms were going numb.

They both lost all pretense of composure and were laughing hysterically at my awkwardness.  Thorough belly laughs so hearty they started coughing.  Morigan couldn't hold still during the fit and when her arms and legs fell off the rests we set up, my tools fell off the shackles causing the Curcle to vanish. 

“Oh, sard it!”  Said Morigan.  “That's gonna cause a problem isn’t it?”

“Huh?”  I said dumbly.

They started laughing at me again.  Which I admit had me going a bit red in the face.  But this was a bit much for me to take. 

First, the idea that these two actually knew my name was unbelievable by itself.  But on top of that, these subdued, prim, and proper noblewomen, were quite suddenly swearing like sailors and had apparently entertained themselves by writing then reciting hard core, self insert, pornographic fiction, in front of an audience of other prim and proper noblewomen - ON A REGULAR BASIS! … And what was it Lucette said about swimming???  NOOOO STOP!  You’ll break your mind Thomlyn.

“Umm, yea.  Uh, right.”  I was still stammering.  “I mean yes, correct.  That's a problem.  I’m going to have to start over.  Which I don't think I can even pretend to do so until I get at least a little sleep.”

For a moment I think they both considered arguing, but in the end Morigan just nodded and said, “Ok, I guess I can understand that.  It's been. … A day.”

I tried to get them to agree to a watch schedule, but Lucette disagreed saying,  “Both of you can sleep, I’ll keep watch.  I did sleep earlier as far as I remember.” 

I was really feeling the day, and wanted to take her up on it.  However;  “Laadd, um, Miss Lucette, I think you are ignoring one very important detail with that very impressive attempt to have us not worry about you.  You’ve been injured.”

“WHAT?”  Morigan yelled.  “Lucy!  By the goddesses of all that's good! How could I?  I'm sorry!  And here we are… Laughing and…”
“Please Mori,”  Lucette looked like she couldn't decide if to be angry at me or not.  “I’ll be ok.  Its not too bad.  Look.”

She opened one of the rips in her blouse.  Ironically the same rip I saw the bruising through in the first place.  And it was in fact worse than I thought.  She had to be in pain.  How did she laugh so hard a moment ago and not pass out?

“LUCETTE!”  Morigan was doing her best to try and tend to her.
“Can you use your Evocations of the Sun to self-heal?”  I asked.
“I can, but not right now.”  Lucette answered.
“What do you need?”  I followed up.
She sighed deeply.  “Sleep.”  She said defeated.
“Well that settles that.”  I said.  “So, the watch schedule?”

We settled on me for first watch, Morigan second, and Lucette Last.  With the idea being the ones who need to do evocations or artificer rituals need to recharge and should have the best chance of uninterrupted sleep.

As the two women made the effort to find spots to sleep I did have to make one last comment.  “I never knew that, well, you knew, my name.”

They gave a quick look at each other and gave a slight smirk.
“Mother always said I should know who it was that was doing the real work in the castle.”  Morigan replied.  “That way I would know who to go to when the time came for me to rule.”

That made sense.

“You were the only one from the castle Mori wanted to write about.”  Lucette added.  “All the others in her writings were either about craftsmen apprentices in the city or retainers from the Vimmitele Holdings she met while visiting.”
“LUCY! NO!”  Morigan said, sounding terribly scandalized.

That competed my heart attack for the night and I died.  Literally.  My tale ends here.  No Idea who woke up the next day but I was dead.

Game pause
non milestone break
reset stress
reset refresh

I recover moderate consequence from the healing Lucette gave me.
Lucette recovers minor consequence from sleep, but holds moderate till can get healing.
I went and created character sheets for Lucette and Morigan. Because I like this trio.
So Lucette and morigan will be treated like characters for the most part. But Thomlyn is the primary protag of the game.

The next day my sleep is cut short by Lucette waking us up.
Dont take long to figure why.
There is a lot of ruckus coming from the room. And it looks like they are trying to get through our barricade.
We did our best to make it look like the ceiling fell and this room was just a wrecked pile of rubble but they must be determined. No idea who they are or if they are hostile or not. But would rather not find out. Let make it hard for them.

I direct the girls to start finding stuff to stack up and make the blockade more of a pain for them. I'm looking for something big. to mae them just not want to deal with it.
And I am going to spend a fate point to say I find one.
-1FP = Large Marble Countertop from the alchemy workshop lab bench. That'll discourage them. A big slab of rock when the cut down the junk and shelving we wrecked up in a huge pile in front of the doorway.

"We can barely move this thing!" Morigan complains.
"It is big and heavy that's why it's perfect. ... Lucette, can your ..." Lucette interrupted me as she knew what I was gonna ask.
"I can definitely help. but you will have to guide it." She answered before I finished.
"We can do that. Your hii Miss Morigan?" I indicated.
"You are really hung up on that aren't you?" Morigan said as she got ready to help manhandle this thing.
"I'll get better. Besides, you were right, not only because you wont be queen anymore, but because people knowing who you are at this time can be dangerous." I explained.
Morigan looked a little confused at first but I could see realization dawning real fast.
"Ok Lucette, When you're ready."

Lucette Evocature of the Moon:
1 mental stress and roll Lore:

3 = +1 +1 -1 -1 +3

This is really heavy. Needs to be great result. SO Watching Morigan struggling and trying to help save everyone; Tap aspect: Morigan Inspires Me to be Better. -1FP +2shifts

She floats the stone and me and Morigan now need to move and rotate it before they break through.
Roll Phys for both of us:

6 = +1 +0 +1 +1 +3

3 = -1 +1 -1 +1 +3

Ok cool. We get it done JUST IN TIME. The marble slab is placed and Lucette lets go of her Evocation (she was sweating from the strain. -1 more stress.
We step back and hear the last bit of the heavy shelving crack and break.
"What the? Are you kidding me?"
"What now?"
"Theres a big ass rock in the way."
"You shitting me?"
"Look for yourself."
"Ah Sarding Abyss!"

Are they discouraged enough to quit?

(Somewhat Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

There is a loud *CRACK!!!* and the top of the wall beside the door falls in towards whoever is on the other side. I look over at Lucette and see her strained face. She just did another Evocation of the Moon to push the top of the wall and ceiling over.
"AH! Ok Thats it, this place is a bust. Lets move on."
We hear a bunch of people heading out of the shop. And we breathe a sigh of relief.

"Ok then. Lets get those shackles off you." I say and both girls agree.

I get to work.
Lucette starts performing the Sun Evocations to heal herself and after a few moments looks a bit better for her efforts.
I keep working on the RuneCurcle but my mind keeps wandering. And wandering. And wondering what was some of those pornographic stories they told each other? And if they were as provocative as they had implied, then were these "Prose Recitals" nothing more than a bunch of highborn ladies rubbing and playing with themselves while lost in the erotic dreams of one of their friends revealing her wildest fantasies?
As you can guess. I was not doing a good job this time with the Curcle.
Roll Lore to see if I can pull it together:

1 = -1 -1 +0 +0 +3

No Where Near Enough.
"Sarding Fur-rod! What is with you?" Morigan is losing her patience. And I dont blame her."
"I'm sorry I'm having a hard time for some reason."
"You had no problem yesterday now get your head out of your ass." She is justifiably upset with me.
"I think I know the problem." Lucette said. "He's thinking of our Prose Recitals."
"Reaalllyy?" Morigan looks at me. And I look down. "REALLY! Oh Khina goddess of poetry help me. HAHAAHAAAA!"
Morigan starts laughing, followed by Lucette. And I just get more and more red faced. When they finally stop laughing at me, Lucette chimes in again. "How about I start crying again? You seemed to be pretty focused then."
Her face drops as soon as she says it. "Sorry I didnt ..."
I interrupt her. "No, its ok. I need to get my head on straight. And I did ... bad things ... even if it was to save you."
"Tell you what," Morigan said sternly. "Get these things off me and we can stop thinking about that and start thinking about how we are getting out of this city. That should distract you quite a bit."
She wasn't wrong.
-3stress total and a total of 6 hours instead of 4 and the shackles are off.

"Finally!" Morigan says with relief in her voice.
"Sorry it took so long." I said.
"Now for the fun part." Said Morigan.
"A prose recital?" Lucette interjected.
"Right!" Said Morigan. "A prose recital, wait, LUCY NO!"
one small fit of giggling later we are figuring our way out of there.

Gonna just go back to modern swear words. I tried, but using made up or historical swears doesn't enhance the immersion for me like I thought it would.

"Oh right," Said Lucette. "I used the only shot I had in the magework pistol."
"Lucy!" Morigan exclaimed. "Just what the fuck did you get yourself into last night?"
===yea, that feels much better===
"Sorry but there are no blank shots here to make more." I said. "I'll keep my eyes open."

Lucette again helps with a Moon Evocation and we quietly clear the barricade.
How's the coast outside? Is it clear?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Excellent! Coast is clear, AND Damn they tore open a big ass hole in the wreckage of the airship. I couldnt get in before. Might be worth checking out. There is also a bunch of ... well lots out here in the street. of course there are bodies of those killed in the fighting. there is also random equipment and loot.
Lets roll notice to find somethng useful right off:

0 = +0 -1 -1 +0 +2

well thats useless. Lets start with, does the girls agree to a quick look in the airship? Cuz I wanna.

(Somewhat Unlikely | 9[d10]) Yes

"I'd like to get going. But if you think it's worth the effort." Said Morigan.

Well theres a big empty space. Probably what they were fighting over. Wonder who won. Not our problem though so:

Everyone roll notice:

3 = +0 +1 +1 -1 +2

2 = +0 +0 +1 +0 +1

-1 = -1 -1 +1 +0 0

ok first:

Pouch

Superb belt

Lantern

Enchanted Lockbox

Ah, Ok Nice! Surprised this lockbox is still here, though it's in the arms of a dead man so maybe not so surprising.
What good is the belt? Its superb so there must be something about it.
And a pouch whats in it?

Start with belt:

Is it enchanted or otherwise special?

(Unlikely | 1[d10]) No, and...

It dont fit me

Ok Give to the girls. One of them uses it to hold their ripped dress together.

So anything in pouch?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No

Im gonna say the lockbox fits in the backback
and trade pouch for another backpack for one of the girls.

Next find:

Vial

Excellent battle axe

Pouch of 1XD6 Copper Coins

1 = 1[d6]

ok nothing much money wise.
Morigan can use the axe. Not her weapon, but she is well trained in dueling so she can make use of it. That plus dagger will make her formidable in a fight.

Since is excelent, Im gonna give it a +3 to damage

The Vial. Does it have anything in it?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but... +Event: Debase / The physical

But... event...
Nothing in it BUT the vial itself isn't glass. It only looks like a vial it is in fact a type of shell from a amphibian called a Glass Crab. Its a component in a potion I am familiar with. A strong one too. It instantly degrades anything you pour it on. I'll keep it.

And last:

Above average key

It cant be this easy.
First try it in the lockbox:

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes

Well shit, That was a quick quest.
Ok lets see whats in this thing.

Book

ok. a book. interesting. Too bad it's in a language I don't understand. Well they dont put books in lockboxes without a reason. So we'll keep it for now.
On the way out Morigan sees what looks like an overturned trunk. kicking it open reveals another backpack, a spyglass, a wineskin, and some jerky.

"This place turned out to be quite the haul." I said.
"I guess some of this stuff might be useful." Lucette had doubt ringing clearly in her voice.
"Either way lets just get going finally." Morigan had her doubts too apparently.

We start making our way vaguely towards the river docks to the southwest of us when.
Sounds of screaming and crying out. A big stream of civilian looking people running and scurrying away from the dock warehouses.

"My original plan was to get out by way of a boat. But I think that plan might just be shot." I say to both girls and no one in general.

And as if that wasnt enough.

"Whats that noise?" Lucette asks looking towards the castle. I look up to the castle and I see the roc riders from yesterday swooping down and shooting fire evocations and dropping what looks like casks held in the roc's talons. I watch the cask fall to the castle walls and another rider fires an evocation at it causing it to explode.
I'm about to ask the obvious question why they would be doing that when from the castle walls a pillar of purple fire shoots up and engulfs one of the riders.

"Purple fire?" Lucette asks.
"Thats the signature of 'The Plum Barron' of Lilentpeak." Said Morigan. "I didn't know Lightia's forces were anywhere near here yet."

roll persuade/provoke

-2 = +0 +0 -1 -1 0

0 = +0 -1 +0 +1 0

-3 = -1 -1 +0 -1 0

Morrigan isn't having it.
"I've failed my people so many times and never saw them, can't I at least try to do right by these few in front of me?" She seems determined to help the few desperately trying to run from the mercenaries.
"You cant help them if you're dead!" I'm getting as desperate as the people getting cut down. "Egraedicia is gone, and as you told me last night you wont be queen. That failure is not yours its your father's. You want to help anyone you need to live and help them in the future! Now Please!"

-1 = +0 -1 -1 +1 0

-2 = -1 +0 -1 +0 0

She is very hurt by what I say.
"He's right." Lucette says placing a hand on Morigan's shoulder.
With a sad sniff, Morigan finally turns and we run.

My original plan was to get out of the city by taking a river barge north to the coast. With that plan burned completely to the ground I was scrambling to figure out a new plan that would get me out of the city with the added complication of two traumatized young women in tow. I was so distracted by the different ideas forming and being dismissed in my head I didnt notice the signs that we were running into another fight. This one between soldiers from the Lightian and Sandovian armies. My first warning we were getting close was when we were narrowly missed by a spinning windblade fired from a magework cannon. Magework guns were great. Devices that could be loaded with shots that could be enchanted to do all kinds of evocature effects. They allowed even those without Evoc's Blessing to perform evocations.

(Or for those with the blessing to perform evocations of elements different from their own)

They were very useful tools both on and off the battlefield. These were the thoughts going through my head when I finally figured out that the sounds I was hearing was Morigan yelling at me to look out as she was using the axe she found to fend off a Savondainian Seargeant.
So apparently there was a Lightian soldier coming at me with his sword ready to do me some damage. I draw my own sword just in time to parry and now this is another fine mess I got myself into.

Lightian first:

3 = +1 -1 +1 +1 +1

6 = +1 +1 -1 +1 +4

Blocked with a bonus +2 to next roll
Next to Svondain Sergeant at Morigan

3 = -1 -1 +1 +1 +3

7 = +1 +1 +1 +1 +3

Blocked with style/ +2 to next roll
Now Lucette:

3 = -1 +1 +0 +0 +3

Evocation of Sun adds 2 temp stress to Morigan and 2 temp stress to me (Total 4 from a will of 4)

Now Morigan

2 = -1 -1 +0 -1 +5

6 = +1 +1 +0 +1 +3

Bad guy parry with style +2 to next roll

Me

6 = -1 +1 +0 +0 +6

3 = +1 +0 +1 +0 +1

3 +2damge from sword =5 this goon only has 2 stress and a mild conequence left so I slash deep into his hip and he's out.

I go again by condensed rules:
I attempt to flank Seargent.

2 = +0 +0 -1 -1 +4

3 = -1 +1 -1 -1 +5

He parrys me but now Morigan is free to attack

-1 = -1 -1 -1 -1 +3

She is trained by a dueling master: -1FP reroll

2 = +0 -1 +1 -1 +3

Searge dont have another defense this round so 5 stress
(1 stress and 1 mod conseq)

Searge at morigan

3 = +0 +0 +0 +0 +3

2 = -1 +0 -1 +1 +3

Morigan 4 stress

-2 temp from Lucette and -2 phys

Lucette stands by as she is feeling fatigue from all the Moon evocations earlier.
To Morigan

7 = +1 +1 +1 +1 +3

3 = -1 +0 +1 +0 +3

so 4 stress +3 from axe = 7 stress

She maneuvers the axe to slide down his sword effectively knocking it out of the way and chopping into his armpit.
As he falls we turn to run and find the Bloodstream Company Running up the road. Ok this is bad, Or maybe not...

I see Lucette preparing an evocation. "When I give the word Run That Way!" She says indicating through the fight between Savondaine and Lightia. And Then

0 = -1 -1 +0 -1 +3

Morigan Inspires her and Morigan just won the fight so reroll

4 = -1 +1 +1 +0 +3

A great force drops in a line in front of us and all the fighters are forced to their knees if not completely to the ground.
"NOW!" She Yells
and we take off. through the mess as we reach the other side and the soldiers are getting up and all about to chase us the Bloodstream company runs into them and a new fight starts behind us. We keep running and make turn down the next street to escape this time.

Game pause
non milestone break
reset stress
reset refresh