Mythic The Generic Dungeon Crawl
I'm not really using a specific set of rules (although I am making use of the house rules as defined in the RSDAGCR) and mostly making it up as I go along. I'm following the Mythic GME for making decisions on what happens in the game. I'm arbitrarily setting the Chaos Factor at 3.

The setup

There are four characters - Alpha The Figther, Beta the Mage, Gamma the Cleric and Delta the Thief.

Our stalwart heroes are in the local tavern, called The Tavern. They are sitting at a table, drinking, and keeping an ear open for any potential, and hopefully lucrative, work.

Chaos Factor 3

9 = 9[d10]

The scene continues as expected.

As our heroes are sitting and drinking, an old man stumbles in to The Tavern. He staggers around finally ending up at the characters table.

"My friends, I fear that I am dying. I have here a map that will lead you to a dungeon that contains great wealth, but also many dangers. I fear that it might fall into the wrong hands so I entrust it to your care. Keep it ... aarrgh!" With that he keels over and dies of a heart attack. Oddly enough, none of the rest of the patrons seem to take notice.

"Poor old guy," says Alpha as he grabs the map.

"We should take advantage of the opportunity," says Beta.

"Providence has smiled upon us," says Gamma.

"Let's go get some loot," says Delta.

The heroes prop up the Nameless Old Guy at the table and arrange the tableware to make it look like he has passed out drunk. Then they quickly slip out of The Tavern so as not to arouse suspicions of their fellow patrons.

End of scene

NPCs: Nameless Old Guy
Chaos Factor: 3
Threads: find the dungeon
Our stalwart heroes have left The Tavern and are deciding their next move.

Is it night?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and... +Event: Disrupt / Misfortune

It is still early enough in the day that our heroes can gather supplies and make a start for the dungeon. They decide to split up to more quickly gather the needed items. Alpha and Gamma leave to get weapons and gear, while Beta and Delta to get spell materials and foodstuffs.

Does the Misfortune befall Alpha and Gamma?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Is it a single person?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

Is it someone they know?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Do they owe this group money?

Have they wronged this group in the past?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

Alpha and Gamma are approached by the Local Small Time Crime Boss and

6 = 6[d10]

six of his goons.

"Well now, isn't this great?" says Local Small Time Crime Boss. "Nameless Old Guy took a map from me and ran off. One of my boys followed him to The Tavern, where he saw Nameless Old Guy pass it to you. I want the map back. Give it to me, along with all your money, and I'll tell my boys to not beat you to death. They'll still beat you but not to death."

"You'll not get the map from us. You'll only get death!" Alpha draws his Generic Sword.

"Prepare to be smitten!" Gamma pulls forth his Generic Mace.

The battle is engaged.

The six goons spread out and take our heroes with three-to-one odds.

Alpha slashes at his trio.

Does he kill them?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Does he seriously injure them?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

Does he hit them at all?

(Likely | 4[d10]) No.

The trio return the attack. Do they kill Alpha?

(Somewhat Unlikely | 3[d10]) No.

Do they seriously injure him?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

D they hit him at all?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

Gamma swings his Mace at his trio. Does he kill them?

Does he drop the Mace?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but... +Event: Proceedings / Portals

A nearby door opens and several of the Town Guards step into the street. They see the group before them has weapons drawn but there is no apparent injury on any of the participants.

"What's going on here?" says the Lead Town Guard.

"Nothing happening here Officer" says Local Small Time Crime Boss. "Just having a discussion on the finer points of using one type of weapon versus another."

"OK, break it up then or I'll throw the lot of you into jail."

"Certainly Officer. We were just leaving." Local Small Time Crime Boss turns to Alpha. "We'll be seeing each other again real soon." He whistles a short loud note. "Come on boys, we're leaving." He turns and heads down the street away from Alpha and Gamma.

"We'll be on our way too Officer" says Alpha while sheathing his Generic Sword. He and Gamma leave in the opposite direction from Local Small Time Crime Boss.

Alpha and Gamma find Beta and Delta and recombine their forces. Alpha tells them what happened. They all agree to make haste and leave The Town to search for the Dungeon. They pack their supplies and leave The Town.

End of scene

NPCs: Local Small Time Crime Boss, The Town Guards
Chaos Factor: 3
Threads: Find the Dungeon, Avoid Local Small Time Crime Boss