A quick encounter with a D&D 5e Monk, level 1
Where am I?

Festering battlefield.

Anuth Stormraven awoke with the smell of death all around him. He was lying in a small ravine with a shallow crick running through it. The water was icy cold and he shivered as he sat himself upright.

Am I hurt?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

He looked himself over but found no signs of injury. His head throbbed though, most likely knocked out during the battle. He slowly stood and crawled carefully to the top of the ravine and looked toward the monastery, his monastery.

The Standing Tree sat further up on a hill, burning brightly. The flames had engulfed the whole of the keep, the stables, and much of the library from what Anuth could see. He wept quietly as he looked upon the wanton destruction.

What do I need to get from inside the monastery?

Urn.

What will try to stop me from obtaining this urn?

Naga.

Anuth had to retrieve the urn of his master's ashes. Kwan Yung's monastery, a symbol of his devotion to knowledge that was the Standing Tree, may be in rune, but he would not allow his remains to be desecrated as well.

Is the path to the library unguarded?

(Very Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.

He approached the library amid the bodies of his fallen comrades. "So many good monks," he thought solemnly. Anuth was new as well. He had been driven to the monastery with a need for enlightenment, an escape from his childhood many decades ago. No good in mourning right now. He needed to get Master Yung's ashes and flew from this place.

Perception roll:

10 = 8[d20]+2

Do I notice anything as I approach the library door?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes. +Event: Block / Opposition

Anuth peeked through the door to the library and quickly formed a smile from ear to ear. There was the naga, trapped under fallen bookcases, the tomes spread throughout the room. It writhed in pain back and forth trying to free itself but it didn't seem to be making any progress.

He approached the naga carefully. It looked up and shrieked at him and struggled more trying to release itself, but failed once again. Anuth approached, gripping his quarterstaff and then stood perfectly still in front of the naga. He raised his staff with both hands and looked up at its tip, forming a pyramid with his body. He chanted softly and then swung with all his might at the naga's head.

23 = 20[d20]+3

The staff connected with a shuddering smash and the naga lurched back in protest. Anuth shifted his staff to his left hand and spun in with his right fist, again aiming for the naga's head, now bloodied.

16 = 13[d20]+3

Damage:

12 = 8[d8]+4[d4]

The naga slumped on top of a pile of books and went quiet. Anuth sighed and said a quick prayer. He grabbed the urn and left never looking back.
Hey, for being short that was pretty cool.

Thanks.
That was pretty inspirational. A story doesn't have to be long and complex to achieve the desired affect. An rpg is apparently no different.