Editing/Deleting text
Can I edit or delete text that has already been submitted into the log? Is there any plan to allow this sort of functionality? I can definitely see myself using this sort of feature.
In addition, it might be interesting to have a sort of small field for inputting character information and notes and the like.

Looking good so far, though; I'm very pleased with the site. Thank you very much for creating this, Mark.
Hello TrollSlayer,

Text that has already been submitted cannot be edited. However, you can use the "Clear Last" button to remove the last entry to the log. Each time you click that button it will keep removing the last item.

If you just want to make a change to the last text you entered then use your mouse to select it and copy it before you clear it. Then paste it back into the text box, make your edits, then click a button.

There is a place for inputting character information and notes. In the upper right hand corner look for the little notepad icon.

I'm glad you are enjoying the site and you are welcome.
(04-12-2013, 09:55 PM)Mark Wrote: Hello TrollSlayer,

Text that has already been submitted cannot be edited. However, you can use the "Clear Last" button to remove the last entry to the log. Each time you click that button it will keep removing the last item.

If you just want to make a change to the last text you entered then use your mouse to select it and copy it before you clear it. Then paste it back into the text box, make your edits, then click a button.

There is a place for inputting character information and notes. In the upper right hand corner look for the little notepad icon.

I'm glad you are enjoying the site and you are welcome.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Sorry, where can I find the 'Clear Last' button? I can only see 'Clear Log', which deletes the whole shebang.
Great, thanks! Very convenient and helpful.
Just to the left of "Clear Log".
Okay, I think I might have just found a glitch in the application, because that isn't showing up. Or rather, it is showing up, but there doesn't seem to be enough space between "Mechanical Damage" and "Clear Log" to fit in the button. Hence, Clear Last shows up on the row immediately below the bottom one, so I'm only seeing the top 3 pixels of the button. I can provide screenshots if necessary.
A screenshot would be great, thanks. Also, can you tell me what browser are you using, what your screen resolution is, your operating system and anything else you can think of that might be important?
I just went through and looked at the code around that area. I did find some problems that needed to be fixed. I made some changes and uploaded them. I am hoping that you can see the button in the correct place now.
(04-13-2013, 11:51 PM)Mark Wrote: I just went through and looked at the code around that area. I did find some problems that needed to be fixed. I made some changes and uploaded them. I am hoping that you can see the button in the correct place now.

Works great now, thanks.
I think I may have found a reasonably easy way to implement text-editing, if you're interested. As far as I can figure out (and correct me if I'm wrong) the Encode button actually encodes the text for the forum. The Decode button, however, doesn't actually decode the text in the text-box, it merely reverts back to the original text. If it wouldn't be too hard to implement an actual decoding thing, then I could edit text by hitting Encode, editing the text like that, and then pressing Decode to 'save' my changes.

The problems I have with the current system is that hitting "Clear Last" becomes a bit painful when I'm trying to edit text I inputted a while ago, and also copy-pasting text from the log back into the input area kills the styling, which makes things quite a bit more confusing when I'm looking back on the log. It's kind of a minor deal, but something to think about anyway.
It is unbecoming for young men to utter maxims.
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)
Added to to-do list: "Edit Log" button.