Mark's Adventure Glyphs
Mark's Adventure Glyphs is a tool to help you spawn adventure ideas. It is launched by clicking the "MAG" button.

When launched what you will see are a series of nine images. These images can be dragged around into any order you want.

You decide what the images mean, represent, or stand for. For example a broken sword could mean the end of a large war, the loss of a small battle, or the death of a great warrior. A scorpion's tail could represent the Scorpion gang, some small but dangerous threat, or a mutant, radio active, and recently escaped laboratory experiment.

There is no right answer, and if you don't want to use one of the images just move it to the end of the series. If you just don't like any of them, hit the refresh button for a new set.

When you click the "MAG" button a second time, the glyph window will hide but when you open it again it will remember your series. However, if you close or refresh your browser then your series will be lost. But feel free to open and close it as many times as you want as you go through your adventure. In fact, you can even type and use other buttons with MAG screen open. If you really want to save your glyph series then you can always take a screenshot to refer to later.

Enjoy!
So they're like Rory's Story Cubes? Awesome, I love how you're incorporating all these neat storytelling tools.
(04-19-2013, 11:43 AM)Hail2U! Wrote: So they're like Rory's Story Cubes?

Kind of. Here are the differences:

-- Rory's Story Cubes only provide a measly 10 million possible combinations.
-- Mark's Adventure Glyphs currently provide 1,837,992,529,106,133,991,360 2,276,499,710,888,011,759,150 combinations (calculated using the Combinations and Permutations formula for non-repeating entities.) And more are coming.

-- Whenever one of the Rory's Story Cubes displays an image then the remaining 5 images on that cube are blocked.
-- Mark's Adventure Glyphs provides access to all glyphs, all the time.

-- Rory's Story Cubes require space, get lost, require you to have to get out of your chair and get them, and they make a lot of noise on the table at night when your kids and\or spouse are sleeping.
-- Mark's Adventure Glyphs have none of those problems.

-- Rory's Story Cubes cost money.
-- Mark's Adventure Glyphs are free.

-- And unless you fork out more money for all their expansion packs you are stuck with basic children images like a sheep, a bumble bee, a house, a flower, etc.
-- Out of the box Mark's Adventure Glyphs are geared towards adults who are serious about their adventures.

But other than that, yes, they're kind of like Rory's Story Cubes.

(04-19-2013, 11:43 AM)Hail2U! Wrote: Awesome, I love how you're incorporating all these neat storytelling tools.

Cool, thanks!
Well, you don't have to sell me on the benefits, I see that they're pretty good :V Do you plan on bringing in other versions of existing storytelling tools?
Maybe. It just depends on how popular the tool is and if it adds value. There really aren't anymore that I can find at this time that I think are worth adding.
Thanks, the MAG are the best tool on the site so far, imho.

It would be really nice to be able to easily import an glyph into the log for future reference, like what you did in the Marco and the elegant monkeys game.

Also, consider implementing the 9Qs (I'm sure you've heard of them, but here's the link anyway http://solonexus.blogspot.ca/2013/03/the...ition.html) in RPGSolo.
(04-20-2013, 03:30 AM)TrollSlayer Wrote: Also, consider implementing the 9Qs.

How about something like this instead? Mark's Adventure Questions.
Rory be damned!

But storycubes does have a pretty sweet app. Any chance of a mobile version of that or will that come into play with the mobile version of the app?

O
(06-02-2013, 11:12 AM)Valdus Wrote: Any chance of a mobile version of that or will that come into play with the mobile version of the app?

Probably not. Not unless I get an overwhelming outcry for it.
Regardless, they are stunning, and I find myself using them more and more. They remind me of the Light and Shadow tarot herein

Images for Light and Shadow