Modern Action/Suspense First time run
#1
Trade with the drug dealer at the office building.

The boss said this dealer had something special. I can't mess this one up.

Molotov cocktail

I'll take this just in case things get out of hand.

Do I have any trouble getting to the office building?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Small army

A small army of rival gang members have set up a road block. I think I saw them in time to avoid them.

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No

The start peppering the car with bullets. I try to duck to keep from getting hit.

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes

I throw my molotov cocktail at them.

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

It starts a fire on the front of my car.

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No

They still haven't hit me with a bullet yet. Can I run them over.

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes

(18 = 16[d20]+2) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

I plow on through severely injuring at least two of them.

Dang 76 streeters. This must be a special delivery.

Can my car go on?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No

I ditch the car and continue on foot. Do I have any more trouble?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No

I arrive at the office building. When I knock on the door.

Tongue-tied senior citizen

How help you can I?

Do I know the password?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

The old man got a call from the boss.

Come in, soon time it will be.

Extravagant gang member

A man decked out to the nines comes from a back room with a briefcase. "You got my money?"

Did I remember to get the money from the car?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes

Here you go 400,000 just like you asked.

"Is the special gift in there?"

"Everything's here, I wouldn't double cross the boss."

Can I tell if he's lying?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes

"Open it."

"Excuse me?"

"I said open it..."

Does he open it?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but... +Twist: Physical event / Hinders the hero

The old man clubs you from behind.

(9 = 7[d20]+2) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

You are knocked to the ground. The dealer tries to stomp your face.

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No

He misses.

Grab his leg and twist it.

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No

He's too fast.

The old man tries to hit you again. "Die you must."

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

(18 = 16[d20]+2) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

He crushes part of your face in. Your nose is broke and one of your eyes is put out. You pass out.

You wake up and the building is on fire... You are tied to a chair.

Can I break free?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No

Can I force the chair over and break it?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

The flames are getting closer.

Can I burn off my bindings in the flames?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No

They aren't that close.

Is there anything I can use to help myself get out?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

You will have to hop your chair over to it.

Journal

A journal is a few feet in front of you. It has a sharp exposed corner.

Use the journal to cut myself free.

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes

Is there an open exit?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

There are flames between you and the door.

I will try to knock down the flames with my jacket.

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No +Twist: PC / Alters the location

But you hit a water pipe that explodes into a shower. It knocks the flames down.

Run out.

You get out of the building just in time to hear the sirens rushing toward the scene.

Are the cops there?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

firefighters are on the scene.

"Hey buddy! What happened to your face?" One of the firefighters hollers at you.

Can I dodge into an alley and hide?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No +Twist: Physical event / Hinders the hero

The alley is blocked by a dumpster. The firefighter reaches you and begins putting you on a stretcher.

"You gotta get to the hospital."

Can I escape his grip?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No

He forces you onto a stretcher and gives you a sedative to knock you out.

You awaken in the emergency room the two detectives are in the room with you.

Do they know who I am?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes

"Tommy Bollinta, long time no see."
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to tharlandsilver for this post:
  • Kaptin_Random, Bingo
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)