Science Fiction The Galactic War: Confederate Enemies
First real play through on RPGSolo! This is a great service, I've waited ages for something like this! The way I am I only really enjoy a hobby if I can do it whenever however long I want and RPGs usually only happening at most once a week even online really got to me. Thanks so much RPGSolo.com - keep it free!

The setting is cloaked caverns involving damaged flamethrower and primitive core. Your quest is to steal technology from the confederate observation dome. Trying to stop you is the hardened criminal skilled in aircraft piloting. You are currently at the feudal lab.

I am a peaceful smuggler with a group of 3 other like-minded partners bound by her principles to never hurt innocent people or their justly acquired property. A war has broken out throughout the galaxy and since the galaxy has been peaceful for so long, weapons technology is scarce. One of the last FlameThrowers produced by an early Earth defense corporation has fallen into the hands of a notorious criminal. Luckily, the flamethrower is damaged however he does have the ancient power core needed to power it. FlameThrowers these days mean something quite different from the early 21st century - they are large orbital cannons that can fire enough damage to burn entire cities or even continents - without leaving a trace of radiation or needing any rare radioactive materials or needing to rebuild it after each use. The criminal works for a group called the Galactic Confederacy - the authoritarian statist faction in the galactic war, they have a vested interest in the weapon and it is imperative I prevent them from discovering its secrets. Luckily, about the only thing the criminal is useful for is piloting - he won't be stopping us until we try to leave the surface. We are now entering the lower levels of the science station.

Are there enemies trying to stop us yet?

(Likely | 2[d10]) No. +Event: Extravagance / Ambush

A group of 6 well armed soldiers jumps out at us and we get ready to fire but it turns out they're also after the weapon and we're on the same side. We agree to split the payment 10 ways if it means greater chances of success.

We try to hack the elevator, do we succeed?

(Somewhat Likely | 7[d10]) Yes.

We take it up to the observation deck, readying our weapons for whatever may be there.

Fiend.

Vagabond.

Outlaw.

Arachnid soldier.

A group of arachnid mercenary soldiers stands guard, should have known the Confederacy would have been too lazy to do their own dirty work.

Do they notice us as the elevator arrives?

(Likely | 7[d10]) Yes.

We fight. Do we succeed?

(Likely | 7[d10]) Yes. +Event: Overthrow / Success

after killing most of the mercenaries including their leader, they agree to join us since they don't want to lose their profession if the Confederacy takes over. We gain 3 party members.

We call our ship in, is the signal jammed?

(Very Unlikely | 2[d10]) No.

We all board our ship with the weapon and all assosciated equipment.

Setting a course for Huldrax IV, we take off. Does the criminal intercept us?

(Very Likely | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Are his engines damaged?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Half his weapons are down?

(Somewhat Likely | 3[d10]) No.

He's not able to get past the atmosphere?

(Very Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

He'll be stuck here indefinitely?

(Sure Thing | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

He gives up and also decides to join us?

(Somewhat Likely | 4[d10]) No, but...

His crew wants to?

(Likely | 7[d10]) Yes.

Our crew now amounting to 20, we continue on our way to Huldrax IV.

We arrive at Huldrax IV. Everything okay?

(Very Likely | 7[d10]) Yes.

Radioactive settlement.

Huldrax IV is surrounded by intense radiation, luckily almost all advanced life in the galaxy is immunized to it at a young age since it is so common out in space.

We head into our employer's office.

"Who are all these people you brought with you!?" says employer

"Looks like a lot of people fear for their businesses - even the soldiers of the galaxy. Everyone's quitting the confederation and joining us because we all know Confederacy is bad for all business." Members of my group nod in agreement.

"Well... Looks like we ought to win the war by going around on crazy ass missions and waiting for everyone to drop their weapons and join us..." says the employer, half-joking

"Yes. In fact I suggest we begin a propaganda campaign immediately."

"Excellent idea and excellent work. Here is your payment plus a bonus so you all make as much as each member of the original 4 person crew would have. This is an important revelation and turning point in the war. Good work out there team."

We all cheer!
Great stuff Mernaloog!
Looking forward to reading more...