This is awesome
Hey. I just registered and also would like to mention that this program is awesome.

I used to play a lot of RPG with friends many years ago but it's much harder now to meet. Lately I started searching for some alternative that would keep my creative juices flowing and next to Rory Story Cubes this is perfect - something like mix between RPG and creative writing exercise but without checking all the tables I did when testing Mythic for the first time.

The ability to share story on special forum is additional motivation. I'll post adventure once I get something good.
Thank you Farvus. I look forward to your adventures.
Mark,

Just registered and I am blown away!

I have been working on a home brew Star Trek themed FU/Mythic mash-up, so when my search result came back with an "app" that already combines the two *and more* I was immediately stunned. Incredible work.

Couple of quick questions for you that will save me tons of time hunting down if you don't mind:

- I don't see support for Mythic "beginning of scene" mechanics (altered/interrupt/random event). Did I miss it somewhere?

-Have you considered other "widgets" on the bottom .... maybe for tracking threads, npcs, etc? http://artifex0.50webs.com/GMEmulator.swf is a good example. The notepad sidebar will suffice for now if not.

- Is a Star Trek genre still in the works? If not, if I prove myself to be a contributing member, can I pursue working with you to add a genre? (will use custom lists in the meantime).

-Is there a mode where several users can "share" a session? I understand solo mode and play via forum, but what if several people had logins to RPG Solo, could they share a Story?

EDIT: - One more! I see references to "Instant Game" ... I'm assuming you mean the one by Animalball. Are their lists implemented behind any of the buttons? Love their lists!

Thanks for any answers you can provide!

I plan to play with this some more this weekend. Looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Dave C
Hi Dave,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you are enjoying the site.

- I don't see support for Mythic "beginning of scene" mechanics (altered/interrupt/random event). Did I miss it somewhere?

See random events http://www.rpgsolo.com/forum/Thread-Appl...dom+events

-Have you considered other "widgets" on the bottom .... maybe for tracking threads, npcs, etc? http://artifex0.50webs.com/GMEmulator.swf is a good example. The notepad sidebar will suffice for now if not.

Sorry, I won't be adding anything other than the notepad for keeping notes.

- Is a Star Trek genre still in the works? If not, if I prove myself to be a contributing member, can I pursue working with you to add a genre? (will use custom lists in the meantime).

There are others who want to add some more genres so I will think about how to proceed with this. Maybe by listing the requirements.

-Is there a mode where several users can "share" a session? I understand solo mode and play via forum, but what if several people had logins to RPG Solo, could they share a Story?

Interesting idea. It would take a lot of work. I'll take it into consideration.

EDIT: - One more! I see references to "Instant Game" ... I'm assuming you mean the one by Animalball. Are their lists implemented behind any of the buttons? Love their lists!

Not specifically their lists but it was the inspiration behind the idea of using lists to form sentences (not that they were the first to come up with the idea), and I really took it up a level. There are a lot of things going on behind the scene that adds a robustness to the list combining and manipulation that would be very laborious if done manually.

Thanks!
Mark