Multiple Story Saves Discussion Thread
Thanks Mark! It works!
(02-13-2018, 02:39 AM)Jingo Wrote: Hi Mark. Thanks for improving the site.

It looks like something changed in this latest version that behaves differently. Before, you would type text and then click a button, like one of the Get Answer buttons, and the text and the answer would get pasted together, the answer just below the text. Now you have to type the text, click Add Text first, and then click Get Answer button.

I think I preferred it the way it used to work. A single click was nicer. My opinion...

OK, I was thinking that pasting them together was counter intuitive, but I see what you mean, the new way just adds another click. I'll revert it some time today.

Thanks for the feedback.
(02-13-2018, 04:23 AM)PJvG Wrote: Thanks Mark! It works!

Nice, glad to hear.
I'm exactly the opposite. I like that there are two steps, because often I had text I wanted to add apart from anything result-oriented, and the way it was before essentially forced me to generate a "result" for a question I never asked, just to get some text onscreen. I'd then have to edit that part out when formatting for the forum.
(02-13-2018, 10:18 AM)Sam Wrote: I'm exactly the opposite.  I like that there are two steps, because often I had text I wanted to add apart from anything result-oriented, and the way it was before essentially forced me to generate a "result" for a question I never asked, just to get some text onscreen.  I'd then have to edit that part out when formatting for the forum.

LOL, OK, this is what I was thinking. Maybe this needs to be an optional setting.
(02-13-2018, 10:28 AM)Mark Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 10:18 AM)Sam Wrote: I'm exactly the opposite.  I like that there are two steps, because often I had text I wanted to add apart from anything result-oriented, and the way it was before essentially forced me to generate a "result" for a question I never asked, just to get some text onscreen.  I'd then have to edit that part out when formatting for the forum.

LOL, OK, this is what I was thinking.  Maybe this needs to be an optional setting.

Smile Sam unless I'm misunderstanding you, you can still add text by itself apart from a roll or result-question by clicking Add Text at any time.

(Enjoying my content? Want to show your support? Consider joining my Patreon at Roll, Ponder, and Play!)

(02-14-2018, 12:53 AM)Jingo Wrote: Smile Sam unless I'm misunderstanding you, you can still add text by itself apart from a roll or result-question by clicking Add Text at any time.

I believe he understands that you can add text by itself, but the problem is having text that you've typed, but have not yet completed, being forced into your story when you've clicked a button but are not ready to have that text added to your story.
Hey Mark. Is there something wrong with the story slots? I purchased three. It says I have four active slots now. But I can't add new names for those slots. I tried and I get red text "Error: Don't do that."
I got Windows 10 machine. I'm running Chrome.

(Enjoying my content? Want to show your support? Consider joining my Patreon at Roll, Ponder, and Play!)

(02-17-2018, 02:37 AM)Jingo Wrote: Is there something wrong with the story slots?

Yes, you found a bug but it should be fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience. I gave you another save slot for free.
Awesome. That's nice of you. I'll give it a try! Thanks.