What genre do you want to see next?
slaad11 redid, cleaned, and tweaked the Zombie Apocalypse genre. All changes are now live.
Updated slaad11's changes, updates, and tweaks to the Science Fiction genre.
(04-23-2013, 01:20 PM)Mark Wrote: Updated slaad11's changes, updates, and tweaks to the Science Fiction genre.

Woohoo - thanks Mark!

I was just clicking the Get Quest button for Sci-Fi...
NOW I'm ready for feedback on the zombie apocalypse and sci-fi button results :]

Classic Fantasy and Super Heroes will be updated next...

On the subject of community-generated genres, here's my suggestion:

Until the Genre Manager feature is implemented (which could be a while, depending on the new feature poll results), we could have a Gere Suggestion Box section in the forum and you guys could enter your lists there. I'll volunteer to be the interim moderator and begin submitting them to Mark for implementation as I have time.

However, besides my time being a bottleneck, the other catch is that I won't hold myself to the same restrictions that Mark does regarding the preservation of feelings. If your lists are crap, I'll tell you right to your screen :]

If that works for y'all, then let the creative juices flow, but don't post any lists yet - We'll need the forum section first and a sticky with the list columns, format for the quest list strings, minimum length requirements, etc.
Sounds fair enough to me! Even we don't see a Genre Manager for some time, an interim solution like that should allow for some creative people to help push the envelope a little...
Update - I just sent the classic fantasy lists to Mark - My brain is fried now, so it'll be a while before I finish the superhero genre and start on the next one (which will probably be modern espionage, since that's the biggest hole in what we have so far - unless there's an overwhelming demand for something else - I'll tally the requests from this thread).
Classic Fantasy genre imported and live.
(04-22-2013, 03:10 PM)Mark Wrote: User slaad11, who has done an excellent job creating and tweaking the genres, has offered to create the word lists for the next genre. Please vote for one (or more I guess (in order of preference)) of the following:

-- Steampunk
-- Star Wars
-- Star Trek
-- Gamma World
-- Modern espionage
-- Alien vs Predator
-- Some other genre not listed

Definitely interested in the space themes. Star Trek or Star Wars, whichever brings emulation closer to Traveller, Stars Without Number, and Diaspora.
(04-22-2013, 03:10 PM)Mark Wrote: User slaad11, who has done an excellent job creating and tweaking the genres, has offered to create the word lists for the next genre. Please vote for one (or more I guess (in order of preference)) of the following:

-- Steampunk
-- Star Wars
-- Star Trek
-- Gamma World
-- Modern espionage
-- Alien vs Predator
-- Some other genre not listed

I'm obviously very late on this but I only discovered this (excellent) site & joined a few days ago. In order of preference I'd like to see the following genres:
i. Pulp adventure
ii. Lovecraft horror
iii. Wild West
Froggy
Hi Froggy,

I'm glad you are enjoying the site. I don't think slaad11 is taking genre requests any more. But I could be wrong.
Heey!

Say, could anyone maybe point me to a site or anything where it is explained how to make those word lists?

I would be willing to make one for Star Trek (mostly because I'd really love to be able to use one :p).

Of course only if it's not too much fuss or anything - )also to implement it later).

I really don't mind trying to make such a list but I have no idea how to do that.