Documentation Index
Odd new behavior I'm noticing.

In the past, I could ask a question in the text window and then press one of the buttons for Mythic, and the text from the window would transfer to the output area followed by the Odds and Roll.

Lately, when I click on the Mythic button, the text remains in the text window, but the Odds and Roll appears in the output area. To get the text from the text window, I have to click the Add Text button, and THEN click the Mythic button.

How can I get back the old behavior?

Edit: I've tested this both in Chrome and Firefox.
There was a discussion about this change in another thread. It seems better as a separate step since you may not want the text added at that time if you're not done typing.
(04-13-2018, 12:07 PM)Mark Wrote: There was a discussion about this change in another thread.  It seems better as a separate step since you may not want the text added at that time if you're not done typing.

So, can there be a toggle switch in the UI to have the old behavior or not, as preferred? I find the lack really annoying.
My understanding is that Mark is working up a toggle, or was at least thinking about it. In the meantime, the consensus seemed to be that clicking an extra button wasn't a hardship, and more helpful than not. I know it certainly is for me.
(04-14-2018, 05:25 AM)Sam Wrote: My understanding is that Mark is working up a toggle, or was at least thinking about it.  In the meantime, the consensus seemed to be that clicking an extra button wasn't a hardship, and more helpful than not.  I know it certainly is for me.

One of two things is going to have to happen. Either I'm going to have to teach myself the extra step, or else I'm going to have to find (or build - ha!) another tool that works better for me.
I'll admit tripped me up at first, because I'd trained myself to work the other way and the change came with lightning swiftness, but now I wouldn't want to go back, even if for no other reason that I don't need to press a button for a roll or decision at the end just to get my closing text onscreen. Smile
(04-14-2018, 05:25 AM)Sam Wrote: My understanding is that Mark is working up a toggle...

OK, I've moved it to the top of my todo so it'll be in the next update.
There is now a new setting named "Add Text On Button". Please save your story and refresh the Play page to get the update.
Mark is the man.  \m/
Awesome Mark!