Science Fiction "浮遊要塞" ("The Floating Fortress")
#21
The setting is interstellar dyson sphere involving cheap anti-gravity generator and enlightened cruiser. Your quest is to survive at the blockaded settlement. Trying to stop you is the battle droid skilled in foraging. You are currently at the intergalactic ordinance depot.

Quixotic female Electrical engineer.

I talk to her. What do we talk about?

Adjourn / The spiritual.

"Heaven can wait" Wink

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

Dignified ranger who is as strong as you and whose motivation is to explain servitude, abuse riddles, and aid the world; who speaks of scheming effects and is focused on your friends.

So, who blockades this settlement then?

Spy.

Violate / Pain.

"The Inquisition" ™?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

Well, I didn't expect some kind of Spanish Inquisition here anyway ... <_<

(Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition!)

Wait - who was that? >_>

(Our chief weapon is surprise)

What? o0

(surprise and fear!)

*shivers* 0o

(fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.)

We'll better lock that door >_>

So, it's not the Inquisition - who's a spy then who likes to torture people and can blockade settlements?

Travel / Enemies.

Like some locusts type of aliens who would travel around and attack other species and then just move on afterwards?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

So they just traveled there and blockaded the settlement?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

Maybe it's good they stay mysterious. Maybe it's more about us being locked in here and trying to survive.

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Well, let's see. What's to 'survive' then?

Heal / Environment.

Is there any food here at the depot?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

That's good.

Okay what other places do we have here?

Liberated destroyer.

A ship - that's nice! ^_^

What else?

Subterranean fortress.

Sounds safe. ^_^

What else?

Royal moons.

A bar?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Oh noes - not much alcohol left?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

So, what is it?

Overthrow / Wounds.

A wretched hive of scum and villainy, right?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

The opposite is trues and they threw me out because I got involved in a rumble?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

*true

Does it have anything to do with the "Royal" part?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

And it's real Royalty that got overthrown?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No. +Event: Change / Dreams

Oh, it's just a dream?

(Very Likely | 9[d10]) Yes. +Event: Antagonise / Expectations

So I go into a bar called "Royal Moons" and see that there's actual Royalty. And it got overthrown.

(Somewhat Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.

Do I wake up?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

The setting is dystopian ordinance depot involving worn-out liquid-metal alloy and red asteroid. Your quest is to deliver supplies to the frozen structure. Trying to stop you is the soul stealer skilled in psychology. You are currently at the military sphere.

Does the depot look like the one in my dream?

(Somewhat Likely | 7[d10]) Yes.

Is the frozen structure on that asteroid?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

I decide there's a mining station on the asteroid and the workers there are like communists. That's why it's called "red asteroid"

Are they insectoids?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Are those supplies I should deliver military supplies?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but... +Event: Haggle / Failure

Someone pays way too much for something?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

So they actually get a very good price?

(Very Likely | 8[d10]) Yes.

Who's been haggling?

Clever Computer support specialist.

Do I have to deliver computer-stuff to the frozen structure?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Oh, I'll ask him if he can get me a good price for it!

15 = 4[d4]+2[d4]+2[d4]+4[d8]+3[d6]

(22 = 19[d20]+3) Killed.

And he agrees to do it. Do we get the same price as him?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

Nice! ^_^

What kind of guy is he?

Plebeian crook who is as strong as you and whose motivation is to collaborate technology, attempt sensuality, and inform contraband; who speaks of inquisitive investigation and is focused on your wealth.

Now he tries to bribe me for sensuality and money?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Am I drunk?

(Unlikely | 4[d10]) No.

Do I wear powered armor?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

13 = 4[d4]+2[d4]+2[d4]+3[d8]+2[d4]

Does he know any brawling?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

d4?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

1?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes. +Event: Overindulge / Failure

Is his dex higher than normal?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

D6?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

13 = 4[d4]+1[d4]+3[d4]+4[d6]+1

18 = 4[d4]+4[d4]+1[d4]+6[d8]+3[d4]

Iron Palm.

Chop.

Chi Drain.

11 = 2[d4]+4[d4]+3[d4]+1[d6]+1

Semi-circular kick.

(21 = 18[d20]+3) Killed.

Drained him of all his Chi and now he's unconscious.
Forgot to see what happened when we both had the same amount of success levels:

(16 = 16[d20]) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

(18 = 18[d20]) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

K, what does the shop keeper do?

Trust / A plot.

K, let's us do our thing Wink

Guess my friends help me getting to some doctor or something?

(Very Likely | 4[d10]) No.

Why would that be the case?

Heal / Love.

The monk has healing powers?

(Very Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

So, how's his skill - is it high?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

D4?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

11 = 1[d4]+2[d4]+3[d4]+4[d6]+1

(16 = 14[d20]+2) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

It's the same as the damage I took - so I guess it's all healed! ^_^

Will he heal the computer nerd too?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

What did we buy?

Disguise device.

Like for people?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Nice! ^_^

Okay, let's leave the asteroid then shan't we?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

K, what next? A change of location maybe -

Mnemonic core.

Like a computer core?

(Somewhat Likely | 2[d10]) No.

Cyberspace then?

(Likely | 6[d10]) Yes, but... +Event: Imitate / Balance

We're in the matrix again?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

How did that happen?

Kill / Illusions.

Okay, something shattered the illusion of reality for us again.

(Sure Thing | 7[d10]) Yes.

...

</matrix>

Psionic medical station.

Sounds like a place where a "soul stealer" could be found.

(Likely | 4[d10]) No.

So, what's going on here?

Desert / Travel.

Is that some kind of therapy?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

IS this a medical station for psionics?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

They use psionics to heal people.

(Sure Thing | 7[d10]) Yes.

So does it actually look to us as if we were traveling through a desert?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

So it's more a metaphorical thing then.

(Sure Thing | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Looks interesting - but as we aren't sick, let's just move on then.

Mechanized colony.

Is it the "red asteroid" from the matrix?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

So it really exists inside and outside the matrix.
Maybe someone put them inside a matrix for some reason.

Is it similar to the colony inside the matrix?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

What's the difference?

Fight / Investment.

They're not communists?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

But they are ruled by cruel capitalists?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

Probably just tell them the workers are in control so they shut up and work.

Do we still own those "disguise devices"?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

Good thing! ^_^

What do the others say - should we tell the workers?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

K, let's get out of here then - where's our ship or similar?

Expose / Ambush.

Did they noticed we dropped out of the matrix?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

Who ambushes our ship?

Oppose / Inside.

A faction on this planet?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

K, how does it look like - is our crew doing well against them?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No. +Event: Antagonise / Benefits

Maybe we should help them.

Can we get on board somehow?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No. +Event: Take / Illness

Is it the judge?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

Me?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

I ask the monk to help me!

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

Oh, he's such a good friend <_< Is he ill too?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

So can the judge help us?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

Maybe it's because we're both like monkeys or something - what kind of sickness is it?

Transform / Masses.

Apparently we transform and many people here do so too?

(Somewhat Likely | 8[d10]) Yes.

Is his doctor skill high?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

What about his symbiont? High doc skill?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

D4?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

A specialization? What kind of?

Change / Environment.

Is his Int high?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

d6?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

16 = 3[d4]+2[d4]+1[d4]+6[d6]+2[d4]+2[d6]

(21 = 17[d20]+4) Killed.

K, I think he found a cure (as they are in a symbiotic relationship, I decided he could use the judge's int score too.).

Could he find out if the illness was some kind of "attack" by the ambushing faction or somebody else?

(Somewhat Likely | 4[d10]) No, but...

12 = 2[d4]+4[d4]+2[d4]+1[d6]+3[d6]

(22 = 20[d20]+2) Killed.

K, he managed to heal us. What about the others?

17 = 2[d4]+3[d4]+3[d4]+5[d6]+4[d6]

(23 = 18[d20]+5) Killed.

Very good!

I'll try to find out if anybody else is affected. I use a computer terminal for that:

[Just found another version of the skills system where "Systems Operations" is part of "Computers" - not sure what to make of it yet. Undecided]

16 = 3[d4]+4[d4]+4[d4]+3[d4]+2[d4]

[Oh, and by the way: I've been thinking about have her learn that "River Tam" ballet-based martial arts style for quite a while now. I might just do that.]

[I found a wiki entry that likens "dancing style" to "drunken style" as such as it's also hard to predict what your opponents next move will be ^_^
So one might just substitute "acrobatics" with "ballet". It would be very similar though. Undecided]

(18 = 14[d20]+4) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

So any information on any more victims?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

Did that take long?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

So, what about our ship - can we aid them anyhow?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

I use my computer skills.

11 = 3[d4]+1[d4]+4[d4]+2[d4]+1[d4]

(20 = 18[d20]+2) Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.

How? Can I use some local defense systems?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

(Shouldn't someone here intervene already? Local militia or similar?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

I'll use my dex and systems operation.

16 = 3[d4]+3[d4]+3[d4]+3[d4]+4[d4]

Is our ship still on the asteroid?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

Soo ... is the attacker's dex high?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

d6?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

What about the actual attack skill - is it high too?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

D8?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

And our crew? Dex high?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

D6?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes. +Event: Overthrow / Elements

Attack skill - high?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

D6?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

14 = 1[d4]+1[d4]+4[d4]+2[d6]+6[d6]

20 = 4[d4]+4[d4]+1[d4]+6[d6]+5[d6]

(12 = 6[d20]+6) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

Using a knife.

Rising knee strike.

Overcut.

(Those symbolize the attack maneuvers - I read something about using martial arts maneuvers for dogfights somewhere on the internet)

16 = 4[d4]+3[d4]+1[d4]+5[d6]+3[d6]

12 = 1[d4]+1[d4]+3[d4]+5[d6]+2[d6]

Through the Heart.

Back braker.

17 = 3[d4]+4[d4]+4[d4]+2[d4]+4[d4]

Elbow Drop.

(11 = 8[d20]+3) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

12 = 1[d4]+1[d4]+3[d4]+4[d6]+3[d6]

Spin Kick.

14 = 1[d4]+2[d4]+3[d4]+4[d6]+4[d6]

Headbutt.

15 = 3[d4]+4[d4]+2[d4]+2[d4]+4[d4]

Block.

(12 = 7[d20]+5) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

15 = 3[d4]+3[d4]+3[d4]+3[d6]+3[d6]

11 = 2[d4]+2[d4]+4[d4]+1[d6]+2[d6]

Roundhouse kick.

Taking to the air.

15 = 3[d4]+2[d4]+4[d4]+2[d4]+4[d4]

Attack fromBehind.

(11 = 9[d20]+2) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

9 = 1[d4]+1[d4]+1[d4]+1[d6]+5[d6]

Kick.

15 = 3[d4]+3[d4]+4[d4]+2[d6]+3[d6]

DoubleTriple Attack.

14 = 2[d4]+3[d4]+4[d4]+4[d4]+1[d4]

Wrestling Hold.

(25 = 19[d20]+6) Killed.

Yeah, we won! ^_^

I'll hack into the system and make it so as if I never used the defensive systems. I also plant a "time bomb" that will inform the people inside the matrix what the other guys been doing to them and "catapult" them out of the matrix.

18 = 3[d4]+3[d4]+2[d4]+4[d4]+6[d6]

(25 = 20[d20]+5) Killed.

Wink

K, let's get on board our ship then and leave this place.

(Somewhat Likely | 5[d10]) Yes, but...

Psionic medical station.

K, maybe we passed by it on our way to the landing pad (or whatever it is.

(Sure Thing | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Military monolith.

Is it a monolith of love?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

A corrupted one?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

Let's take it on board our ship then.

(Sure Thing | 9[d10]) Yes.

Are we able to heal it?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

Okay, let's take it with us then. We can return it later.

(Sure Thing | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Desolate prison.

Is it another asteroid?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

A space station maybe?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

Let's have a look at it while the others heal the monolith.

(Sure Thing | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

I'll scan it with our ship's scanners.

13 = 2[d4]+2[d4]+2[d4]+2[d4]+5[d6]

(15 = 12[d20]+3) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

15 = 2[d4]+3[d4]+4[d4]+4[d4]+2[d6]

(16 = 12[d20]+4) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

So, what do we find out?

Usurp / Pleasures.

We should have a party there?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No. +Event: Struggle / Business

We should open up a night club there?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

A spa maybe?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

Let's steal that place anyway, shan't we?

(Sure Thing | 8[d10]) Yes. +Event: Postpone / A project

People be complaining about us not delivering our cloaking devices right?

(Likely | 4[d10]) No.

K, let's get to our destination anyway.

(Sure Thing | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Andromeda lab.

Is that where we were supposed to deliver our goods?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

Cloaked facility.

Are we there yet?

(Somewhat Likely | 7[d10]) Yes.

K, let's contact them then.

14 = 3[d4]+2[d4]+4[d4]+2[d4]+3[d6]

(13 = 10[d20]+3) Moderate Injury: Hampers action significantly; will require first aid/medical attention.

WHat do they say - everything alright?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

What about that soul stealer - is he here already?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

Damn. *dundundunnn*

Damage Reduction.

Blast.

Does he attack our ship?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Me personally?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

Both the ship and the facility?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No. +Event: Waste / Failure

He's taunting us righ? "Resistance is useless! Give over your freight!" (As we know, he's quite skilled in psychology Wink)

(Sure Thing | 8[d10]) Yes.

*right

So, who's that PSI blast aimed at?

Inspect / Success.

Is his PSI skill high?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

D4?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

His wil, is it high?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

D6?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

D8?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes. +Event: Inspect / Vehicle

Our ship?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

13 = 2[d4]+2[d4]+2[d4]+2[d6]+5[d8]

3 success levels (= "good") - Who did he try to hit with his PSI blast?

Violate / Investment.

The freight then.

(18 = 15[d20]+3) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

Not so good ... <_<

The monk should try to chase him away!

15 = 1[d4]+3[d4]+4[d4]+6[d6]+1

6 = 1[d4]+2[d4]+1[d4]+1[d6]+1[d8]

Does he suffer under that damage reduction?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

14 = 4[d4]+1[d4]+1[d4]+2[d6]+6[d8]

Oh, damage reduction reduces the damage inflicted to him by somebody else.

50% resistant damage reduction. Was it against energy attacks?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

Good the monk used a mental attack! Big Grin

(17 = 13[d20]+4) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

Is he on some spaceship or anything like that?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

Should we get new cloaking devices?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

Did we already heal the monolith?

(Somewhat Likely | 2[d10]) No.

Let's get back to the red asteroid then. Will they be able to arrest the soul stealer?

(Somewhat Likely | 5[d10]) Yes, but...

Maybe we should take him to that prison?

(Likely | 6[d10]) Yes, but... +Event: Return / The spiritual

The soul stealer?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Does he try to escape?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

He could escape from the space station easily?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

What's return / the spiritual?

Carry / Art.

The monolith?

(Very Likely | 9[d10]) Yes.

Oh, we should take it to a good monolith?

(Very Likely | 8[d10]) Yes.

Do we have one with us?

(Likely | 4[d10]) No.

Are they in dire need of personal cloaking devices here?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

Okay, let's take the monolith to a "good" one then!

(Sure Thing | 9[d10]) Yes.

Insidious base.

"Are we there yet?"

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

Dark flotilla.

"Are we there yet?"

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

We contact them - what do they say?

Antagonise / Opulance.

Are they some kind of holy men or something?

(Somewhat Likely | 4[d10]) No, but...

Communists maybe?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

And they have a monolith of love?

(Sure Thing | 5[d10]) No, but...

(you get a "no" on a "5" with "sure thing"?)

So, how are we "there yet"?

Control / Tension.

What do the others say - should we tell them about the matrix on the red asteroid?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

I tell them anyway - what do they say?

Adjourn / Possessions.

Is this an automated message?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

Do they try to rob us?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No. +Event: Assist / Realities

What does assist / realities mean?

Imitate / Nature.

Are they Replicators? (I looked it up and they're actually called "Replicators" - "Replicants" would actually be androids or clones - oh well ...)

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

The little spider bot kind?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No. +Event: Decrease / Opposition

18 = 3[d4]+4[d4]+4[d4]+4[d4]+3[d4]

(22 = 17[d20]+5) Killed.

(just rolled an int check if she found out)

So they are communists?

(Likely | 7[d10]) Yes.

I ask them if they know the whereabouts of a monolith of love - do they?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Would they show us where it is?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

So, let's heal our monolith then.

(Sure Thing | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Would they care to come with us to meet their fellow communists?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

K *shrugs* Whatevs. Let's get back then.

Mechanical sensor array.

"Are we there yet?"

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

LetÄs scan it - who put it up here?

Truce / The spiritual.

Some holy order?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

And it's about a truce.

(Sure Thing | 5[d10]) No, but...

Some demilitarized zone?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes. +Event: Gratify / Balance

So no side would have an upper hand in a conflict.

(Sure Thing | 10[d10]) Yes, and... +Event: Work hard / Weather

And it's also a weather control system?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Reminds me of an earlier episode that took place in a parallel universe.

Anything else here?

Guide / Status quo.

Next stop is:

Neutral crater.

"Are we there yet?"

(Somewhat Likely | 5[d10]) Yes, but...

Were the people inside the matrix already awakened?

(Somewhat Likely | 7[d10]) Yes.

Sooo ... What happened?

Oppose / Ambush.

Are they still fighting?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

K, let's try to buy some more personal cloaking devices then, shall we not?

(Sure Thing | 7[d10]) Yes.

Can we get to that military sphere at the ole' ordinance depot?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

Some other place where they sell that stuff around then?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Frozen badlands.

Must have been heading in the wrong direction here a bit ... <_<

Maybe we should get inside the "Red Asteroid"?

(Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Fusion powered ringed planet.

10 = 1[d4]+2[d4]+2[d4]+3[d4]+2[d4]

(7 = 6[d20]+1) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

Are we inside the matrix again? (she wouldn't know though)

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

So we can see the planet from the asteroid's surface. Let's get inside though - is the crater an entrance?

(Somewhat Likely | 4[d10]) No, but...

K, let's fly our ship to an entrance then.

(Sure Thing | 8[d10]) Yes.

Red starship.

We contact them. What do they say?

Change / Tension.

Will they sell us what we want?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

I tell them what we did for them!
What happens?

Carelessness / Hope.

Now will they sell us what we want?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

They totally would.

We should actually put the monolith back.

(Sure Thing | 8[d10]) Yes.

Do we succeed?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

We contact the other guys and tell everybody that they were victims of an evil monolith playing with their minds.

(Sure Thing | 8[d10]) Yes.

And buy some personal cloaking devices!

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

Get them to that cloaked facility then!

(Sure Thing | 7[d10]) Yes. +Event: Excitement / Home

Experimental pyramid.

"Are we there yet?"

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

And they have an experimental pyramid?
Is that a device to travel to a parallel universe?

(Very Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Interesting! Smile


But let's go to that old prison - can we get a cloaking device from those guys here?

(Somewhat Likely | 3[d10]) No.

Do the guys on the red asteroid sell those things?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes. +Event: Vengeance / Wishes

The soul stealer is rather angry at us, right? Big Grin

(Sure Thing | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Let's get one of those cloaking devices and redecorate that old prison, shall we?

(Sure Thing | 7[d10]) Yes.

And then let's have a party at our new base!

(Sure Thing | 7[d10]) Yes. +Event: Trust / Success

- THE END -

(Sure Thing | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

That was fun!!

Been nice to play "The Floating Fortress" again!!

Bye and see you soon!

(Oh, I got a "srory too long" again o0)

The episode seems rather long this time. Can't really say if it's longer than the other episodes though. Undecided[/u]
Reply
#22
Want to try something new and as I already saved this I'l just post it here:

Kinda feel like starting another episode. <_<

The setting is collective metropolis involving above average rations and corporate moons. Your quest is to recover the damaged jetpack at the enlightened matrix. Trying to stop you is the silicoid grunt skilled in theology. You are currently at the blockaded prison.

Okay, that seems to have a lot of links and tie-ins to other stories, which is a good thing.

Blockaded prison seems to be a no brainer considering how we ended the last episode.

Collective could be communists or maybe queen-replicators/replicants (weren't they a species of all female lizard "androids"?)
Corporate moons could be the communists enemies maybe.

I like "enlightened matrix" - sounds like a good "What the heck was that?!?!"
but is probably more like a matrix put to "good" use.

Silicoids have always been fun adversaries and are of course a "Floating Fortress" mainstay.
(Only today I fondly remembered the fight against that battle scarred, giant silicoid veteran she after much ado then knocked out with only one kick Big Grin)

Soo, who blockades the prison?

Mind flayer.

Amoeboid.

Sounds more like a space monster. mind flayer is rather D&Dish, but I like the PSI part of it.

Oh, what about XPs by the way?

4 = 4[d5]

4 = 4[d5]

3 = 3[d5]

I think I remember the symbiont already did something but never got any XPs, so he gets 2x XPs this time:

3 = 3[d5]

Oh, by the way: "Floating Fortress" is more like an anime show that's aimed at a younger audience, so if we roll "killed" it's never really someone getting "killed" as such - it's more like in the slang term "we killed it". :3

So there's a psionic space amoeba probably engulfing our base most probably trying to "eat" our PSI, right?

(Very Likely | 5[d10]) No, but...

But what?

Oppress / Enemies.

It actually tries to protect us?

(Somewhat Likely | 7[d10]) Yes. +Event: Open / Animals

Open?

Recruit / The spiritual.

Okay, animal related PSI seems to be rather cheap.
(And that seems to be all we have time for for now -_-)
Reply
#23
Who's attacking us then? (Or rather blockading us)

Refuse / Food.

Arachnid warrior.

Replicators! Do they have a queen?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

She's probably not here. And the space amoeba is trying to help us because the monk asked it to.

(Sure Thing | 8[d10]) Yes.

Is it the amoeba who refuses the food?

(Somewhat Likely | 7[d10]) Yes.

So it won't eat the arachnids but rather use it's mental blast to drive them away. Is it's Blast skill high?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

D4?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

And it's willp stat - is it high?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

D6?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

Does it have a blast specialization?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Do the arachnids have any means to counter the PSI blast?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

9 = 2[d4]+1[d4]+3[d4]+1[d6]+2[d4]

(19 = 18[d20]+1) Critical Injury: Requires immediate attention; clearly life-threatening if not immediately deadly.

Let's contact them - do they answer?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

What do they have to say?

Separate / Weather.

Not very coherent anymore, is it?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

Well I suppose they can't repair themselves in space without any metals or anything. Or can they? (Int check)

12 = 2[d4]+3[d4]+2[d4]+3[d4]+2[d4]

(17 = 15[d20]+2) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

Can they?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and... +Event: Triumph / Weather

What's that with that weather all the time?

Carry / Food.

Maybe an ion-storm?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Does the amoeba want to eat them?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

NPC Action.

Extravagance.

Jealously.

Judgmental female Police officer.

Why is she here? IS she a Replicant?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

Why is she here?

Assist / The innocent.

She's here to help - that's nice. ^_^

Let's get to the Red Asteroid now!

(Sure Thing | 8[d10]) Yes.

Cloaked fortress.

Are we there yet?

(50/50 | 5[d10]) No, but...

What's going on here?

Overindulge / Extravagance.

Sounds fun! ^_^ Can we join?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

Is this the collective metropolis?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Is it a space station?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

K, let's party with them! ^_^

(Sure Thing | 7[d10]) Yes.

Anything special?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No.

Indispensable mediator who is much stronger than you and whose motivation is to associate envy, institute dreams, and produce industry; who speaks of scheming shadows and is focused on your wealth.

Who else can we talk to?

Conformist craftsman who is slightly stronger than you and whose motivation is to attempt strength, determine valor, and publicize the wealthy; who speaks of scheming lies and is focused on your last scene.

Dependable officer who is slightly stronger than you and whose motivation is to acquire pleasure, suppress advice, and hinder opulence; who speaks of insane judgment and is focused on your enemy.

The cops?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Well, anyway - there's adventure to be had, so let's leave!

Are we there yet?

(Somewhat Likely | 3[d10]) No.

Desolate ringed planet.

It's so beautiful and yet so barren - it makes me sad, but in a good way. ;_;

Lets land on it!

(Sure Thing | 8[d10]) Yes.

Anything here?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

I philosophy on:

Indispensable judge who is as strong as you and whose motivation is to communicate the elite, persecute freedom, and agonize narcissism; who speaks of mysterious façade and is focused on your previous scene.

Guild space station.

Are we there yet?

(Likely | 8[d10]) Yes.

A guild - maybe that's the collective?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No.

Anyway - the enlightened matrix should be here

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

Can we enter it?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

<matrix>

Where are we?

Mechanical biodome.

Nice. ^_^

Are we there yet?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

So, where's that jetpack?

I use per and system operation

13 = 4[d4]+4[d4]+2[d4]+1[d4]+2[d4]

(6 = 3[d20]+3) Negligible: Nick/Scratch/Bruise.

Can't find it here. What happens?

Triumph / Weather.

What's that with the weather? A storm maybe?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Let's find us some shelter then - anything near?

I decided I need a "notice" skill - so I'll buy one with Xps. That's 5 Xps for a "1" and 4 for a D4 - that's 9 Xps altogether.

12 = 1[d4]+3[d4]+2[d4]+4[d4]+2[d4]

(11 = 9[d20]+2) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

Well, that's great <_<

We could leave the dome - what do the others say?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Okay, let's walk around the dome then.

Guild matrix.

Well, that's quite right - this biodome is inside the guild matrix. Maybe it costs money to go places here?

(50/50 | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

It'S expensive. K, anyway - what should we do? (I ask the others)

Bestow / Magic.

I'll hack into the system to get the jetpack.

19 = 4[d4]+3[d4]+3[d4]+4[d4]+5[d6]

(25 = 20[d20]+5) Killed.

Got it! ^_^

What about that grunt though? Is he here?

(50/50 | 9[d10]) Yes.

Some vicious silicoid, citing holy texts comes forth!

(Sure Thing | 7[d10]) Yes.

How does he try to stop us?

Inform / A representative.

He calls the cops Undecided

Well, what to do with a virtual jetpack?

Delay / Legal matters.

We leave the matrix!

</matrix>

(Sure Thing | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

Why did we have to retrieve it?

Spy / Wounds.

Look at the damage?

(Somewhat Likely | 5[d10]) Yes, but...

15 = 4[d4]+4[d4]+1[d4]+3[d4]+3[d4]

(11 = 7[d20]+4) Minor Injury: Largely superficial; painful and distracting, but not life threatening.

15 = 4[d4]+3[d4]+1[d4]+4[d4]+3[d4]

(17 = 13[d20]+4) Severe Injury: Incapacitating and may become Critical if untreated.

So, what did we find out?

Inspect / Rumour.

Has it been shot at?

(50/50 | 6[d10]) Yes, but...

So it wasn't an accident then?

(Very Likely | 10[d10]) Yes, and...

Was it a special weapon?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Maybe the angle tells us something about what happened?

(50/50 | 1[d10]) No, and...

But we know now that someone shot at the jetpack.

Why did we have to find out?

Block / Tension.

Is it about the Red Asteroid?

(50/50 | 7[d10]) Yes.

We inform the people on the Red Asteroid. Do they still fight?

(50/50 | 2[d10]) No.

Did one side win?

(50/50 | 8[d10]) Yes.

Who?

Befriend / Expectations.

The poor oppressed worker ants?

(Very Likely | 8[d10]) Yes.

That is nice. ^_^

Delay / The public.

(What do they say?)

They don't want to make it public yet?

(50/50 | 4[d10]) No. +Event: Care / Benefits

Okay, nice cliffhanger here - been fun so far! Smile
Reply
#24
Replicators:

Standard Replicators are composed of modular blocks, comparable to individual computers, that come together to perform tasks. The blocks generate a "reactive modulating monopolar energy field" that allows them to self-assemble into various configurations. Each Replicator block contains two million "isolated keron pathways". All Replicators are interconnected via a subspace network. Replicator blocks can assemble into any form needed; the most commonly encountered shape is a small "bug" with four limbs and "wings" on its back (here: A spider). The bug can upgrade itself into a larger "queen" (!) to facilitate replication. Large numbers of Replicators can form into starships. (Many Replicator bugs could for instance assemble into a larger structure to enhance the hyperdrive of a mothership. (Replicators could form a skeletal structure that implants into Marrick's body, to gain access to his mind. The Replicator structure continues to function even after Marrick's body is destroyed.) (creepy!)

The main Replicator directives in the show are to multiply and to assimilate new technologies. Replicators utilize whatever materials are available; Replicators created from steel are susceptible to rusting.

Multiple blocks are required for replication, and the process requires a large amount of energy.

(Replicators are attracted to the most advanced technologies available.)

Replicators adapt very quickly to new technologies and they are capable of enhancing technology they encounter beyond its original specifications.

(Replicators are impervious to all known handheld energy weapons.) They can be shattered by projectile firearms, though given time and relative proximity to each other, the blocks will re-assemble.

Replicator bugs (spiders) produce a corrosive liquid ("Replicator spray") capable of dissolving through any known material but concrete and glass.

Tthey can produce an electrical discharge to harm their opponents.

Replicator bugs (spiders) are strong for their size; a single one held open the hydraulic blast doors.

---------------------

Human-form Replicators

The human-form Replicators are claytronic in nature, derived from the technology of self-repair nanites.

They are physically indistinguishable from humans (or other species) and possess immense strength and resilience, lacking the traditional Replicators' vulnerability to firearms.

They are capable of interfacing with the mind of people by extending their hand into the victim's forehead. (also creepy!)

Human-form Replicators can restructure parts of themselves to form implements such as stabbing weapons, or disconnect portions from the whole.

(Neutronium is a crucial element in the construction of human-form Replicators.)

---------------------

Replicants

A replicant is a bioengineered or biorobotic being. They are virtually identical to an adult human, but have superior strength, agility, and variable intelligence depending on the model. (Because of their physical similarity to humans, a replicant must be detected by its lack of emotional responses and empathy.)

------------------

Android

An android is a robot or synthetic organism designed to look and act like a human, especially one with a body having a flesh-like resemblance.

--------------

Research the damaged grappling gun at the dark dreadnaught.

(Where do we get those quests from anyway?)

I'd say when we researched it we will find out that this virtual jetpack has been shot with a grappling gun.

Maybe the enlightened matrix was some kind of holo deck where you can simulate stuff like on Star Trek?

(50/50 | 3[d10]) No. +Event: Divide / Business

I still think that would make more sense.

So the dark dreadnaught would have to be inside a matrix, right?

Maybe I just give it too much thought and just ruin the whole effect. Undecided

Okay, want to try something new again and had still saved.

More Floating Fortress soon.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)