What genre do you want to see next?
User slaad11, who has done an excellent job creating and tweaking the genres, has offered to create the word lists for the next genre. Please vote for one (or more I guess (in order of preference)) of the following:

-- Steampunk
-- Star Wars
-- Star Trek
-- Gamma World
-- Modern espionage
-- Alien vs Predator
-- Some other genre not listed
Yes, and...

I'm working on creating the race and class lists for the existing genre choices (in case you've tried the quest button in sci-fi and wondered why you would be "poisoning the ungrateful Canadian childcare worker at the phased core" :]

(I'll also have wordlists for a superheroes genre shortly)
Superheroes genre would be great.

Otherwise, Modern espionage.
1. Cosmic horror, a la H. P. Lovecraft.
2. Star Trek.
3. Steampunk.
Modern fantasy. But superheroes should cover a lot of that.
Steam punk
I just sent updated word lists to Mark for the three existing genres and the new superheroes genre. Once he implements them, I'd love to get some feedback/criticism on button results.

I'm going to work on modern espionage next, because it's a common major genre that is missing from the current list.

After that, unless there are a lot of votes this weekend demanding otherwise, I'll take a stab at Star Trek, Steampunk, and 1920s Lovecraftian horror :]
(04-22-2013, 05:49 PM)slaad11 Wrote: I just sent updated word lists to Mark for the three existing genres and the new superheroes genre. Once he implements them, I'd love to get some feedback/criticism on button results.

I'm going to work on modern espionage next, because it's a common major genre that is missing from the current list.

After that, unless there are a lot of votes this weekend demanding otherwise, I'll take a stab at Star Trek, Steampunk, and 1920s Lovecraftian horror :]

Thanks a bunch, man!

I would have voted for Star Trek too.
Is it correct that we don't have Fantasy yet, though? Undecided

Edit: P.S.: I can only get "Anachronistic" - how do you actually change between genres?

Edit: Oh, I found it! Big Grin

Edit: Man, this is so good! I'm really upset I don't have time to play right now!!! Wanted to play last weekend but didn't have any time then either Sad

"Western" would be nice too.
Also maybe "Pulp" (as in Indiana Jones / Lost World or something like that)

Edit/edit: Oh, Barsoom - nice idea! I'll second that!

Aaand Star Wars would be nice, too.

New edit: Oh, I have another one: "Traveler" - afaik there's a lot of solo gaming going on there!
(Don't know if you needed anything implemented for the trading part and stuff - Mythic could probably handle that, too)

Yet another edit: Maybe some Asian inspired / Martial Arts setting?
Can users submit genre word lists? How many entries and lists make up a genre?

Having users submit lists for their favorite genre might speed up the process of getting additional genres included and might extend the depth and breath of options (instead of "Medieval Fantasy" we could have sub-genres of "Generic Dungeon Crawl", "LOTR", "Game of Thrones", "Dragon Age", etc.). I bet a lot of people have already done something like this for their own solo purposes, or could easily adapt things they have to hand.

Granted, you don't want to get overwhelmed with 16 slightly different versions of "Superhero"... Maybe user-submitted genre lists could go through a moderator?

Or on the other hand, could the tool accommodate an uploadable custom genre list? Then the drop-down could just read "Custom" and pull from the user's personal input?
(04-22-2013, 06:58 PM)Chinchil71 Wrote: Can users submit genre word lists? How many entries and lists make up a genre?

Having users submit lists for their favorite genre might speed up the process of getting additional genres included and might extend the depth and breath of options (instead of "Medieval Fantasy" we could have sub-genres of "Generic Dungeon Crawl", "LOTR", "Game of Thrones", "Dragon Age", etc.). I bet a lot of people have already done something like this for their own solo purposes, or could easily adapt things they have to hand.

Granted, you don't want to get overwhelmed with 16 slightly different versions of "Superhero"... Maybe user-submitted genre lists could go through a moderator?

Or on the other hand, could the tool accommodate an uploadable custom genre list? Then the drop-down could just read "Custom" and pull from the user's personal input?

^This. The easiest way to get new content is to crowdsource it.
Witness the success of the Abulafia random generator wiki, for instance: http://www.random-generator.com/index.ph...=Main_Page