What genre do you want to see next?
A little late to the party, but I too would like to see Star Trek.

There is a print-and-play RPG called Far Trek that is based on another game called "Where No Man Has Gone Before".

Very FU-ish with lots of randomizer lists already built out. Those lists could probably be leveraged.

Links:

http://fartrekrpg.blogspot.com/

http://www2.abillionmonkeys.com:3389/trek/
I gladly would see Sword & Sorcery, a la Conan the Barbarian. Sorta of fantasy theme but with minor presence of magic, elves, halflings and other candies...or some dark/gothic setting...or maybe the best RPG setting of all times: Rifts!!!
Brand new to the forum, was just hoping new genres would be added. I think the best way to go about it is avoid specific things "star wars, Fallout" and do generic "space opera, Nuclear apocalypse"

Things I would like to see genre's for (or generic equivalencies):

Modern Espionage/1960s Eurospy espionage
Star Wars
Aliens (and predator too I guess)
Horror of some kind?

Hope this goes through, and if any sort of crowd sourcing/wiki work is offered I gladly volunteer my services!
Hi TimeKiller and welcome.

I started architecting a user interface for a word list system that people could use to share their lists but it became very cumbersome dealing with things like not letting just any junky genre be available to everyone. So I started thinking of a voting system but that got even more cumbersome. So that was tossed out.

So if I don't create an interface and just tell people how to make a genre and then add the words to the interface myself, I am afraid that I'll get bombarded with requests to add bunches of people's genres (good or bad).

Maybe what I'll do is this:

- I'll put out a how-to create a genre word lists.
- I'll create a special forum where people post their genre word lists and the community votes and/or suggests tweaks.
- If enough people give it the thumbs up I will review it for accuracy and acceptability.
- Then the creator (or a combination of backers) needs to donate some amount ($9.99?) for me to import all the word lists into the database. This fee will make it so that only people who are serious about creating good quality word lists take this step. I don't want random junk and I don't think anyone else does either.
(12-09-2013, 06:00 PM)Mark Wrote: Hi TimeKiller and welcome.

I started architecting a user interface for a word list system that people could use to share their lists but it became very cumbersome dealing with things like not letting just any junky genre be available to everyone. So I started thinking of a voting system but that got even more cumbersome. So that was tossed out.

So if I don't create an interface and just tell people how to make a genre and then add the words to the interface myself, I am afraid that I'll get bombarded with requests to add bunches of people's genres (good or bad).

Maybe what I'll do is this:

- I'll put out a how-to create a genre word lists.
- I'll create a special forum where people post their genre word lists and the community votes and/or suggests tweaks.
- If enough people give it the thumbs up I will review it for accuracy and acceptability.
- Then the creator (or a combination of backers) needs to donate some amount ($9.99?) for me to import all the word lists into the database. This fee will make it so that only people who are serious about creating good quality word lists take this step. I don't want random junk and I don't think anyone else does either.

Glorious! I would happily donate that sort of money to see my own hand-made genre get added in, especially if I could have it community reviewed. On the other side of the coin though, is there anyway to just have a "custom" genre option and let us import a text file or something? Could solve a lot of your problems that way. Or heck, have people donate some fee to get the custom genre functionality unlocked, either way would be cool with me!
OK, I'll see about putting together some instructions for creating genre lists and a place to discuss them.
I would love to see something fitting of world or darkness and or any of it's components. I guess zombies and modern fit to a degree but something that covered all the other bumps in the night from were creatures, vamps, van hellsing esq hunters, fae, ghost, demons, cultist, telepaths, mages....etc. Anyway no matter what we get it's greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has a post or link to something that could supplement this like a word list for a custom list or experience using this with a world of darkness story let me know.
Hi stevendeavers88,

Thanks for the request. Genre development is Slaad11's department but he's on vacation this week.
(03-03-2014, 12:15 PM)Mark Wrote: Hi stevendeavers88,

Thanks for the request. Genre development is Slaad11's department but he's on vacation this week.

Alright. Thanks for the quick response and for the great tool. Look forward to seeing anything new you guys add. Keep up the great work.
Shadowrun!